Trigun

>watch trigun
>its mediocre but people seem to like it
>episode 17 comes in...
God it was worth it but I wish it was made into OVA and not a TV series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MbDk6kfzDFs
youtu.be/GUyYefZFk_Y
youtu.be/VC6D6At1rP0
youtube.com/watch?v=cDA--QsZXuw
soundcloud.com/cloud_23/20-perfect-night?in=cloud_23/sets/trigun-ost-the-first-donuts-cd
youtube.com/watch?v=CczT9yjmz4U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I feel like it's one of the most overrated anime out there

I liked it but nothing can compare to the absolute KINO of the golden age arc of Gungrave.

>the golden age arc of Gungrave.
You mean almost everything, aside from first episode?

LOVE
AND
PEACE

That music, tho

This scene is a ripoff of the Greenbird scene of Cowboy bebop.

I don't know about that. It's a classic basically, and a show that a lot of people first watched in the States when they first got into anime. That being said, I think most people recognize that they're remembering it nostalgically. Despite not being great, it'll still be regarded fondly.

Probably one of the few shows I actually remember fondly.

They both stole it from French New Wave

That's how mediums progress

You are a fucking brainlet if you weren't on the edge of your fucking seat at this scene.

Cowards

and it improved upon it so fuck off

good tempo, good stroy, back and forth from serius to comedy, characters are rememberable, art is fine, even english voiceacting is good

The manga is way better than anime. Too bad the art is shit.

I fondled your mum

How is it possible to be this wrong?

One of my favorite animes. animation was shit, but i loved the characters.

A man of taste

But he's right though.
>gung hoe guns have backstories
>knives doesn't show up for like the very end of the series
>knives has a personality
>more wolfwood
>things are actually explained
>the story is acutally longer
>pic related

When It came out, people were more into the western thing. It didn't age well enough, that's the problem. Lot of younger guys watching, won't have a fucking clue about how good trigun actually is and that's not their or the show's fault... Times are changing l/a/ds.

Nothing out there did the whole space-but-[insert historical period] thing as well as Trigun does. Mostly because instead of adapting for example Noir to a space age society, it adapted a space age society to the spaghetti western setting.

I appreciate that the anime was short but the vision held by the manga is clearly there, right down to the pilot chapter of the manga being an episode.

>its mediocre but people seem to like it
It has better dialogue and pacing than most of modern anime though. Wolfwood and Vash scenes are gold and I don't even like these characters that much.
The paneling is shit, not the art. Also the quality of scans of fan scanlation is crap.

>more wolfwood
I kinda liked Wolfwood in the anime more because he was more funny and down-to-earth, in the manga he feels like some edgy anti-hero. His death wasn't presented as something grand and moving like it was in the manga too.

Wolfwood's death was one of the greatest chapters I've ever read

I really didn't like Vash as a character up until this moment, oddly enough. Now I do.

Gungrave OST is underrated
youtu.be/MbDk6kfzDFs
youtu.be/GUyYefZFk_Y
youtu.be/VC6D6At1rP0
It was good, I just liked the simplicity of the anime scene more, just a man pouring his soul out because he knows he's about to die soon.

I loved the manga, but this is one of the things I think the anime handled way better. The equivalent moment in the manga just has none of the weight or impact.

I watched it when it first came out and was in love. I tried rewatching it a few months ago, and I had to force myself through some episodes and the animation quality is much worse than I remember it being through my nostalgia glasses. When I first watched it I liked how the serious story stuff and episodic comedy stuff alternated (same with Cowboy Bebop), but on rewatch I wished they had cut out some of the filler and episodic stuff and tightened the pace to finish it up in 10-13 eps.

Trigun Badlands Rumble
Look it up, it's fucking excellent.

blu ray when??

Nigga they didn't even have the time to develop Knives' character properly and show Legato's backstory(which was supposed to be in the anime originally) and you say they should've made it one cour. The manga is fucking 100 chapters and it still feels like it was supposed to be longer with better pacing for the last several volumes.

Never, you have better chances waiting for Trigun Brotherhood remake to be made

Shit taste. If anything, it's underrated. Needs a continuation. Also the guy who plays Vash in the dub is superb.

>Never
What kind of logic is this? If Outlaw Star of all fucking shows can get a big ass special BD release where it comes in special packaging and a bunch of other gay shit, then obviously Trigun is bound to happen.

>His death wasn't presented as something grand and moving like it was in the manga too.
his death in the anime was retarded.

You could tell they haphazardly put something together at the last minute there.

>mfw people still think Badlands Rumble takes place in the middle of the series instead of after

>What kind of logic is this?
Logic is that the original film is gone so it's impossible to make a remaster of it, simply. Slayers TV can't have a remaster for the same reason(BD rips you can find on torrents are all filtered upscales).

>original film is gone
source?

With little research, I've come to realize that it was made up. There is no information about original prints being lost.

wtf I love jews now

I dunno, I actually had faith in them once with Devilman and they really let me down there, i'm not sure I trust them to make anime anymore

>you have better chances waiting for Trigun Brotherhood remake to be made
I can see Netflix actually funding this if enough people demand it.

>source: my ass

They were aiming too much for new western audience and ended up making something that doesn't feel Nagai at all. With Trigun you don't need to try too hard to change shit.

I have the theatrical film on BD and it's amazing. Funi did a great job with the slipcover and special features. Looking forward to a potential release for the series. It's easily in the top 10 GOAT.

>Anime fans today only like the 2nd half of Trigun
What went wrong Sup Forums? When did everyone become obsessed with edge shit?
Watching Vash and Wolfwood bounce off each other and fuck around in the series first half was the best part of the series.
The 2nd half suffers from being a poor version of the manga with less development for the Gung-ho Guns and Knives' character arc/plans as well as a shittier version of the siblings' backstories.

Though I agree with
that Wolfwood was best in the anime. His whole "is actually way younger than he looks" thing in the manga felt a bit too edgy for me and his death scene in the anime is just beautiful and incredibly tragic.

>Trigun Brotherhood
Nightow is really popular because of Kekkai Sensen, so there are still chances of a Trigun remake.

Was Kekkai Sensen good? I didn't check it out because I heard it deviated a lot from the manga and added original characters (though I guess the Trigun anime did too, and I loved that shit) so i've been pretty wary of it.

We don't need a remake It's fine the way it is. What we actually need is for them to finish the fucking story and not remake shit just for the sake of "muh modern visuals".

>I heard it deviated a lot
Not a lot, like three-four episodes worth of original content maybe. The original ending was the stupidest shit though. The direction in the second season was somewhat bland, but it was a faithful adaptation at least.

I haven't read the manga, so I can't compare them.
The animation is good and the OST is fucking awesome. The anime-original arc was kinda bad imo, but some anons liked it.

If a fucking FLCL of all things can get a continuation...

It's good, just ignore the parts with the shitty black/white characters and their whole dumbass deal.

>Netflix continuation
Dude it has legs. Nostaliga alone is enough to give it a big boost.
BUT...there's not enough faggotry and christianity bashing/satan worshipping.

No, seriously.

>there's not enough faggotry
>Legato
>a literal tranny character Elendira

If we ever do get a Trigun remake I kinda hope they reuse some things from the anime such as
>the first episode in the anime being a better start than the first chapter in the manga
>some songs from the ost
>the cat appearing in every episode
>wolfwoods age
and a few other minor things

The manga is absolutely fantastic.

The anime just straight up wasn't that good. The changes were annoying, they ruined a lot of the dynamics between the cast, and they made Vash into an actual weakling/coward, instead of someone who just didn't want to fight. Manga Vash never wanted to fight Knives, but he wasn't afraid to do so. Anime Vash was pissing himself in fear.

I think they should just get Kuroda who worked on the script in the Trigun and Gungrave anime for the remake, he seems good at wrapping things up coherently.

His death in the Anime was bullshit, just him crying in a church. Him sitting on the bench with Vash was a hella moving scene and perfect for both their characters, especially with Vash afterwards.

I remember a while ago an user said he baited in Trigun threads just to get more discussion out of them. Is that you?

I dunno, the manga scene is great of course, but there's just something beautiful about a religious man who, beginning to doubt his path in life and the choice he made as a hitman (even if it was to take care of the children in an orphanage), begs god for forgiveness one last time before death finally takes him. It has a very adult maturity to it that I can respect, even if i'm not religious myself.
The last moment of fear and regret over his life may be seen as pathetic, but I like the tragic tone it sets for the final few episodes.

>there's not enough faggotry
This is Nightow we're talking about.
He makes Nagai look perfectly straight.

>Anime Vash was pissing himself in fear.
Only because he thought the only way to stop Knives was to kill him.

one of the gung ho guns also had their gender swapped half way threw the manga and at one point took a worm/parasite thing out of their cunt and tried to but it in knives ear to mind control him

Technically they had no gender because they were a hivemind of insects, but that's degenerate enough for western SJW audience already.

>Was Kekkai Sensen good?

yes

I think there was a story in the multiple bullets anthology that went into more background about the hive mind of insects

I love pissed off Vash

youtube.com/watch?v=cDA--QsZXuw

>skip first episode
i don't get this meme

The church death and the bench death develop Wolfwood and Vash respectively. The church death shows Wolfwood (who in the anime wanted to find love with Milly and help the children not have to suffer) for what he truly is - a fragile young man full of fears and regrets who is none the wiser than any of his friends.

The bench death helps to reinforce in Vash the neccessity of death in the name of letting the many survive. If I remeber right, Vash still believes at this point he will have to ultimately kill Knives to stop him and Nick's death helps solidify Vash's resolve to do so.

Both deaths are well done, but I think the church scene is the better of the two. It's a great development of Nick's character and Rauken Paradise is a beautiful song. But it must be said that the bench death really does capture the fundamental spirit of Trigun. Two men, sitting on a bench in the scorching heat, with nothing for miles around, just sharing a drink.

The anime stripped away a lot of the dumber shonenbattle shit from the manga. The Legato fight is a good example.

>>things are actually explained
Not everything requires an explanation, you brainlet.

Best theme

soundcloud.com/cloud_23/20-perfect-night?in=cloud_23/sets/trigun-ost-the-first-donuts-cd

FInished it recently, was entirely worth it for that one fucking scene. However, I felt that the second act was a bit lacking compared to the first.

>The Legato fight is a good example.
Eh, I thought it was good. He was good as a mysterious evil guy in the anime, but that last fight actually developed his manga character the most. It was kind of more similar to Kotomine vs Shirou in Heaven's Feel, two madmen engaging in useless folly, muh resolve and all.

Why do you insist on posting some shitty Mexican dub knowing full well most people here don't speak the language? Also it sounds like shit.

>LOVE AND PISSSS

t. Johnny Yong Bosch

ye that nigga great.

>posting mafia kino
my fellow from the negroid race

He really is.

the plot for this sounds a lot like trigun

No Kaneda?

his screams make my dick solid, pretty much the reason i gave a shit about bleach

>watching bleach regardless of good VA

youtube.com/watch?v=CczT9yjmz4U
2:30
Always loved this scream

Shit, you're right. I didn't make the image.

it IS in the middle, numbnuts, since Wolfwood is still alive in that story