Dies Irae Anime Thread

Praise Lord Heydrich,

new Episodes in Summer.

Other urls found in this thread:

gareblogs.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/dies-irae-amantes-amentes-english-walkthrough/
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1041
gareblogs.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/dies-irae-amantes-amentes-english-walkthrough
youtube.com/watch?v=xtd9c9EDiTM
pastebin.com/VNitTLGm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dies Irae needs a Unlimited Blades Work treatment.

It would be the better choice when they had made a mix of all Routes with more Episodes hat 18...

I want to fuck Marie

wasted potential but i honestly dont see how they could make a good dies irae anime adaptation

So I'm thinking of starting this. What should I expect?

*Tasogare

A trainwreck. Not really recommended unless you're familiar with the VN.

Just go read the VN, the anime is a trainwreck you can only appreciate if you know what they fucked up.

So I should play the VN instead?

Depends. What other VNs have you read? I

Yes but be aware that it is very long and Kasumi's route sucks.

The VN is 50+ hours long so make sure you've got time to actually read it, also hope you really like chuunishit because chuunishit is at the core of DI.

I've only read F/SN and Umineko.

As said I read Umineko which took around 70-80 hours. Umineko was full of chunnishit so I guess I shouldn't have a problem with DI?

If you actually enjoyed them, then I'd say yes, go for it.

Kasumi's route is probably going to be your biggest roadblock since it ends on a pretty unsatisfying note, everything after that is mostly smooth sailing. Go Kasumi>Kei>Marie>Rea for route order, Rea's route also has extra Rusalka stuff if you pick the correct choices and two different endings based on a choice late in the route so go look that up once you get there.

Make sure to follow this:
gareblogs.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/dies-irae-amantes-amentes-english-walkthrough/

I had some complaints but overall I enjoyed both of them so okay I'll give this a go.

Okay well I was planning to get DI from here:
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1041
Yes I know its paid but I don't mind doing so. Apparently there's two separate games with one of them being 18+ Excluding obviously hentai scenes, are there any other changes?
>Go Kasumi>Kei>Marie>Rea for route order
>gareblogs.wordpress.com/2017/06/01/dies-irae-amantes-amentes-english-walkthrough
Okay thanks for the tips and who's best girl? I heard the redhaired-chick is popular.

Rusalka doesn't have a route, at best you could say she shares it with Rea, best girl is purely preference as I felt they all had at least something going for them.

Only the side stories, which only 2 of them are the epilogue of Marie and Rea's route, and maybe the another ending for Rea's route.
Anyway, I would suggest to read Acta Est Fabula and then CRTL your way on Amantes Amentes.

> Excluding obviously hentai scenes, are there any other changes
An entire new ending to the last route, so make sure to read Amantes Amentes first. Skip through Acta est Fabula if you want the H scenes.
Eleonore is best girl, Rusalka is best waifu material.

>Rusalka doesn't have a route
Oh that's odd. Considering her popularity I thought she would have one.
>best girl is purely preference as I felt they all had at least something going for them.
Okay so Kasumi's route being an issue has nothing to do with Kasumi herself then?

>Only the side stories, which only 2 of them are the epilogue of Marie and Rea's route, and maybe the another ending for Rea's route
Okay so the non-H version has side stories and the link provided tells me when to read each one.

>Anyway, I would suggest to read Acta Est Fabula and then CRTL your way on Amantes Amentes.
>An entire new ending to the last route, so make sure to read Amantes Amentes first. Skip through Acta est Fabula if you want the H scenes.

Well if the non-H version has content from the main story (excluding side stories) that's not in H version then I'll go with the former.
That's a nasty burn on her face.

Yeah, Kasumi herself is aight, she just gets fucked over by things outside her control.

>Okay so Kasumi's route being an issue has nothing to do with Kasumi herself then
If anything, you'll start feeling sorry for her.

Playing it will make you realize that NTR is a god-tier fetish

>Yes I know its paid but I don't mind doing so
Good. If more people follow your example, maybe we'll have a chance of having KKK and IkaBey translated in the future.

Oh that's good to know. Not liking the heroine in their own route can be off putting. So without spoiling me too much, what the issue with Kasumi's route? Also are the routes roughly equal in length?

Oh there's NTR in this?

>Oh there's NTR in this?
Not in the way you think and not in the way you expect.

>Oh there's NTR in this?
MC cucks the snek

>Also are the routes roughly equal in length?
Lord no, Kasumi's route is like 5 hours, Kei's was like 10 and Marie/Rea got 15~20 hour routes.

>Oh there's NTR in this?
It's more of a joke, you'll have to actually read the VN first to undestand it.
The main villains don't even appear in Kasumi's route, it's more of an introduction to the world than anything.

I don't know who that is but you've piqued my curiosity.

Damn that's a big difference. So I guess Kasumi's route being that short is one of the main problems?

The length isn't the problem, I can't give you details without spoiling shit.

For those who missed it, Weltall Subs did another Drama CD.
youtube.com/watch?v=xtd9c9EDiTM

I'm tempted to check that but I'll pass since I've just got the VN and started it up.

Okay that's fine. Well I should find out for myself in a few days time. But gosh does this guy go on with his speech at the beginning,Its been like 5 minutes and he's still talking.

Mercurius fucking loves hearing himself speak.

>Its been like 5 minutes and he's still talking.
Oh boy, you're in for a wild ride. God, I fucking love Merc

Snek loves the sound of his own voice. He never stops being needlessly verboise

>Its been like 5 minutes and he's still talking.

So Mercurius is his name. Well so far my first impression of him is that he's very egotistical.

You're not wrong.

btw the germans dindu nuffin, they were merely defending the fatherland.

Yeah got to the Nazi soliders. Interesting how one of them said that the losers are always depicted as the demons.

Then this guy (girl?) comes in reciting a hymn and blows everything away. I guess he's the little kid that's gone crazy with power. What's he like? Just the typical nutcase or is there more to him?

Nutcase with the typical background for it.

Schreiber can barely be considered human

Not much going on for him, to be honest, but he still has some pretty great scenes thorough the VN.

Well I know these guys are pretty crazy but I guess he's the most insane of the group?

Well got to another two characters. Seems like the women with a burn across her face is extremely loyal and the other guy is the stoic warrior type. So what I'm getting so far is that these guys somehow were brought back to life since the narration said they were supposed to be dead. Then were given supernatural powers in the process and they absorb the souls of people they kill?

You're pretty much on the right track. Sombre man is best bro.

Blogposting is nice (or not), but let's also add some other things.
>that Eleonore in Yurika's clothes

Whose dick do I need to suck to get Senshinkan translated?

Eleonore is basically a big fangirl.

>1280x718
I recognize this fucked up ratio.

Senshinkan isn't that hard to translate, definitely not harder than dies, so the only problem is that it's huge. Since apparently light was fine with dies sales, I guess at some point senshinkan might happen.

Well with that, I've finished the prologue and I can sum it up with "SIEG HEIL".
Pretty good OST I have to say. So the main villain comes in ( and to think he's named after the infamous SS officer Reinhard.) gives a "charismatic" speech and everyone kills themselves then he decides to bugger off to some unknown place with the other characters I've just seen. I don't know why they have to bugger off and wait 60 years but I'm sure I'll find out as the story progresses.

Not to worry I plan on stopping here for now and as you say I doubt you want to see me making posts every 10 minutes of my progression through the game. So unless its important I'll give my thoughts once I've finished Kasumi's route.

>I doubt you want to see me making posts every 10 minutes of my progression through the game
I do actually, but I doubt this thread will survive for too long after I go to sleep anyway.

How hard to translate would KKK be, chants aside??

>I do actually,
Oh you do? Well I'm stopping for now anyway and as you said this thread will probably be archived by the time I get up and continue. Plus it'd be pretty time consuming on my end to make posts on events that frequently. I could do it per chapter instead but otherwise I'll definitely post my opinion after I've finished Kasumi's route.
So pic related is the cast. Any character in particular I should keep an eye on?

Shirou aka the madman

Trifa has some pretty nice development thorough the routes, so definitely him. But otherwise, pretty much all of them but Spinne.

>madman
He certainly has the grin of one. Alright, I'll keep an eye on him.

>Trifa
He's the priest I saw at the end of the prologue isn't he? Will he be similar to pic related?
>But otherwise, pretty much all of them but Spinne.
So I presume this Spinne guy is just a jobber and barely relevant I mean he looks pretty ugly.

>Okay thanks for the tips and who's best girl? I heard the redhaired-chick is popular.

>he wants to read DI for the girls

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA, they're irrelevant pieces of shit that make you want to ctrl through their scenes because they're just plot devices to power up ren and have nothing else going on

>Will he be similar to pic related
They might share some surface level similarities, but are, otherwise, very different characters. I liked Trifa more, but I still fucking love Kotomine
>So I presume this Spinne guy is just a jobber
Not even that, he's just a stepping stone.

On a scale from one to ten — around eleven.
Seriously though, it would be pretty hard to actually translate it. Speech patterns of some characters (especially Rindou, Sakuya, Nakanoin), a whole lot of archaic historical terms. Other than that, well, some concepts don't really have analogues in english. Like, how would you deal with Yakou mentioning tenchuusatsu in his fight with Ootake? Or at the very beginning, when Yakou talks about taikyoku and the narration (I think it was in narration, but I don't really remember) mentions all-covering forests, using part of 森羅万象 (shinrabanshou)? Again, it's not like everyone out there knows that shinrabanshou is directly translated as "all-covering forests and ten thousand things", so they might not even understand from where that forests part come from.
Those are just two examples of many, and while I'm sure that a good enough translator could work around this and make it actually work in english, it would require a huge amount of work.

>they're irrelevant pieces of shit
Rude.

Is that you mukei?

Yes.

Nice presumption there but I'm mainly reading this for the chunnishit and I've been told it has similarities to F/SN and Umineko which I enjoyed. Having cute girls is just the cherry on top.

That's good to know. I look forward to seeing Trifa's progress then.
>Not even that, he's just a stepping stone
Oh dear that's even worse. Is it the same in every route?

Working on anything or are you still busy with real life?

It happens in the common route, so yeah.

I still don't have much time to translate, but I've started Throne memory part from the Yakou/Ryuusui ending. No idea when I'll finish it though.

>shinrabanshou
just say the world dude lmao, fuckin weebs thinking everything is so hard to get across in english

And here you are, missing the whole point of what I was talking about. Why would you do this, user?

>It happens in the common route, so yeah.
Wew so he drew the short straw.

Well I'll be off now. If thread is still up when I get up, I might post my thoughts on the first chapter

Based, thanks as always. Are you still interested in doing some Senshinkan stuff? I think you have mentioned being interested in translating the Yoshiya and Amakasu fight some months ago.

I probably wouldn't translate the whole fight (it's just too long), but at some point I'll probably finish the final part of this fight. I've already done 1/3 of it after all. Aside from that, I have a half of Yoshiya's dialogue with Amakasu from the end of Gadou route, which is pretty interesting, because it's the first time when we learn about the actual motives and ideas of Masahiko. Also there's a lot of small fragments and pieces that I did for fun like a year or two ago, from both senshinkan and bansenjin, but they are not in english, so I'll have to work on them a bit.

Couldn't you drop off your updates on the ld/a/ discord when there's no thread up? I could even proofread stuff for you.
pastebin.com/VNitTLGm

Don't mind me, just posting OTP

I haven't used discord before, but I guess I can, if people there won't mind me showing up with random things once in a while.

No problem.

I didn't expected so many Comments here.

Beatrice is best Girl!

How come Reinhard and Triffa have that body at the same time?

I don't know but Beatrice is best Girl.

Beriah:Page One

???

>Not having total and absolute control over humanity can make comunism work.

Spinne's job is literally to be the tutorial boss in a JRPG.

I was just bumping the thread user.

Good Work!

I want to fuck Marie.

badly animated garbage

Best Animations ever, because you can see me!

Will he at least get some screentime in the side stories?

He gets to be cool in one, yeah.