SUDDENLY OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE Tomoko loses her anxiety and becomes a smug normalfag with friends who goes to karaoke

>SUDDENLY OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE Tomoko loses her anxiety and becomes a smug normalfag with friends who goes to karaoke
Ok, seriously, the equivalent of a premise-change on this scale would be if everybody in YuGiOh just randomly stopped playing card games and started trying to kill each other with guns.

This happened?

In his wild normalfag childrens card game with guns dreams.

She grew up a little and doesn't constantly do retarded shit for attention. She still occasionally does stuff like this to remind us where she came from though.

>if everybody in YuGiOh just randomly stopped playing card games and started trying to kill each other with guns.
FUND IT

The universe isn’t ready for a series that crazy. The card games contain it.

>everybody in YuGiOh just randomly stopped playing card games and started trying to kill each other with guns.
You mean if they went BACK to that, right?

>protagonist gets one step closer to the goal she made at the beginning of the series
>premise-change

Mokocchi wants to be accepted. The premise isn't about Mokocchi being a loser, it is about her being stubborn and judgmental, hence the title of Watamoteh.

Depends. If the author goes for an actual plot with a beginning and an end. Then that would be the logical plot progression. The social outcast getting out of his hole with hard work and help of others over time.

If it is another endless slice of life series, then you are right and that would destroy the purpose and the appeal of the series.

Kaiba tries to murder like three people on live television you know.
And gets away with it.
AND they let him found his own school for children.

I hate tomoko because she made friends and I'm still alone.

Are you a girl? I'll be your friend

What's with all the Watamote threads recently?

Everyone has friends, user. Stop lying.

>out of fucking nowhere
Sensei will forever be the unsung hero of this story.

>>Ok, seriously, the equivalent of a premise-change on this scale would be if everybody in YuGiOh just randomly stopped playing card games and started trying to kill each other with guns.

That sounds fucking awesome you pleb

Can parents be friends?

No.

>if everybody in YuGiOh just randomly stopped playing card games and started trying to kill each other with guns.

>>SUDDENLY OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE Tomoko loses her anxiety and becomes a smug normalfag with friends who goes to karaoke

I shit you not this happened to me around sophmore year in high school. People can grow suddenly.

>everyone has friends

i'll be your friend

Be my friend Tomoko just let me hold your hands

>not knowing that Komi overcoming Tomoko and seducing Tomoki is the actual storyline

It would only seem sudden if you skipped 50 chapters or something and she hasn't lost her anxiety, she's gotten a bit better with it but it's definitely still there. Also she reluctantly did karaoke once because Yuu wanted to.

Now she has to do it on purpose like that class introduction, which she had to force just to compete with Nemoto.
She's like an ironic weeb who is a complete normalfag but they do and participate in weeb shit for attention. Like if a depressed person wasn't depressed anymore but still pretended to be because he liked the attention or he thought it was cool.

No wonder the series stop being popular.

It's not really the same when she actively chooses to do retarded shit to try and prove she isn't a normalfag though.

Is 2018 the official year of /u/?

But it's been getting much more popular recently.

>She's like an ironic weeb who is a complete normalfag but they do and participate in weeb shit for attention
What the fuck.
She hangs out with a couple of girls that are outcasts like her. She rejected being a normalfag with her introduction. She literally doesn't care about being "popular" anymore. Tomoko is not pretending anything to be compared to ironic weebs or people that are only pretending to be depressed.

That was exactly how Yu-Gi-Oh started off
Plus this

Not at all. Tomoko is almost the same girl; she just matured a bit, is acting less like a weirdo (but still as a weirdo) and got new acquaintances. That's it.
OP is just mad because she didn't turn into a school shooter.

Yeah, that's what baffles me the most about all the people hating on current Watamote.
She always engaged on zany schemes because she wanted to become popular, and now that she's actually doing progress, faggots are yelling to the four winds how Watamote "betrayed its premise".
Tomoko is Tomoko, not fucking Ash Ketchum.

>Normalfags defending Tomoko being a normalfag

Surprise surprise. Fuck off, you never liked Watamote to begin with.

>Nipponese Chris Chan

Fuck off non-normalfag

Exactly. She is close friends with one non-otaku loner (Yuri), has a relatively okay relationship with another (Yoshida), and has an antagonistic quasi-friendship with a fashionable girl/closet otaku. Excepting the two holdovers from middle school (Yuu and Kotomi), and the friend that Yuri probably made in middle school (Mako), that's really about it. The fashionable girls that met up with them at the end of the last chapter are really there for the closet otaku, not her; saying that they "joined" her posse is an overstatement.

Saying she has ceased being an otaku and become a popular girl is seeing things that literally aren't there; literally everybody that she is really friends with is either a loner or an otaku, unless they're friends of those kinds of friends (Mako) or used to be that (Yuu).

Also it was little by little and the artists want to end it so I think they want a happy ending. Which is fine

I'm far from being a normal dude and I loved Watamote since the very beginning (certain chapters, like the one where she searches for a place to eat her lunch alone and away from everyone else, resonate with me) and love it now.
I think, no, I'm sure you're the one who never liked Watamote in the first place, given how you started loathing the story when you couldn't project your own insecurities and mental issues over it anymore. You never were interested on the story or the characters; you just wanted something to masturbate your own ego.

>she rejected being a normalfag with her introduction
No, she denied her normalfagdom.

watamote's got a surge in popularity from recent developments; its the same in japan

Indeed.
I know I repeat this on every Watamote thread, but that chapter where she stopped hating on Nemoto's group was a very big, and very subtle, step.

She actually karaoke'd.

To be fair it was Yuu's idea not hers.

>karaoke
Didn't they only go to dinner and skip karaoke because they're anti-social introverts?

>Kaiba using a BEWD-themed DEagle
Yes.

But yugioh literally started out the way you described only reverse, yami was a magic serial killer.

>autistic adventures with social outcast the character actually has the protagonist grow and mature and move away from said autism and social ineptitude
>Sup Forums is mad
The fuck did you want? An anime version of catcher in the rye where the faggot protagonist never changes?

>It's dangerous to go alone! Take me

>Ok, seriously, the equivalent of a premise-change on this scale would be if everybody in YuGiOh just randomly stopped playing card games and started trying to kill each other with guns.
To be fair at the start of the YGO manga there's no card games and pretty sure at least one guy dies in one of the games and several get hurt pretty bad.