3 episodes wasted on kyoani shoehorning their anime original shit in

>3 episodes wasted on kyoani shoehorning their anime original shit in
>plot holes(proofreading a letter, 2days of 'class' for a emotionless robot to become proficient at transcribing emotion)
>nothing in these 3 episodes matters except attempting to get a forced emotional response from the audience to get us invested
What a disservice this is to the Violet Evergarden LN.

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

I got the impression that the course lasted for at least a week

Yeah, she brought home her daily progress reports - they just skipped over the other days. They show you her highest point (proficiency in typing) and lowest (inability to empathize).
It's still a highly overrated show though.

They should have began the anime by merging the plot lines from episodes 1 and 3 and extending them over the first 3 episodes, making Violet develop gradually along the way (for example once Hodgins tells her to stop the military salutes and you're shown that she's making an effort to do so, make her stop by the middle of episode 2 instead of having her continue to do it even in episode 3; it's retarded characterisation).
This would have given the climax of episode 3 more impact instead of feeling shoehorned in like it was. Getting rid of all the inconsequential garbage from episode 2 (that is, get rid of episode 2 in its current form almost in its entirety) would have also helped tremendously.

It was poorly edited. It gives of the impression that the whole thing happens in a couple of days and you're left with having to assume that they skipped over stuff. A tiny montage showing the passage of time with Violet at the school would have helped. The best thing would have been to have this developed gradually over more than an episode. For example have her sign for the school in episode 2 instead.

Or even episode 1. That's how I would've done it. I would've skipped the whole Evergarden house visit in episode 1 and had Hodgins take her in directly (if the Evergarden family ever turns out to be relevant again, I'd just introduce them then), have the climax of episode 1 be the scene where she tells Hodgins she wants to be an Auto Memories Doll, and have the epilogue of episode one her signing up for the school instead of the flashback to that battle we got. (I'd remove most of the war flashbacks from episode 1 anyway, since they don't contribute to much; maybe have them all at the beginning of the episode, to give context for Violet's hospitalisation; except the one where she's dragging Gilbert with her teeth which I'd have revealed later on in the series).

Then episode 2 would be about Violet slowly getting to understand what it really means to be an Auto Memories Doll with Luculia's help (and maybe some of the other girls at the school too) instead of the garbage subplot with Erica we got in episode 2 and a pointless repeat of the "I want to know what love is" climax (once in episode 1 was enough). Maybe episode 2 would end with Violet finally managing to grok the emotion someone wants to convey in a letter (not Luculia's though, maybe this would be related to some other cutie at the school), but she doesn't get passed yet because it wouldn't be good enough.

And then in episode 3 we'd be shown Luculia's backstory in more detail (since most of the school scenes would be in episode 2) and then have the climax be Violet graduating

Gotta love armchair directors who think they know how to magically fix all the issues the show might have.

why do people watch kyoanishit?

I really wanted to like VEG, but after 3 episodes, I just can't.

Because people like things, you dislike.

Ok.

unthinkable

>proofreading a letter
This really broke the second episode for me. Is there no oversight in that place of business?

Who was supposed to do that?

>1st strike: Overly advanced prosthetic arms technology for that era
>2nd strike: Yakisoba, Chopsticks, & Itadakimasu
>3rd strike: Proofreading a letter
>Additional strike: Violet is too autistic, it feels cringe instead of dramatic
This series is dead to me.
Worse than Kyoukai no Kanata but still above Phantom Flop

Why do KyoAni keeps making melodramas? That shit doesn't work with anime connoisseurs. An anime needs to have some fun, needs to be memeable, and/or have waifubait characters, and this shit of Violet doesn't have anything of that. It was supposed to be AOTY but it's pure garbage.

Here's your (You)

>An anime needs to have some fun, needs to be memeable, and/or have waifubait characters
Speak for yourself. Haibane Renmei, Mushishi, & many other anime doesn't have none of those and they are still so great.

>proofreading
Your boss has no time to check everything after you. Your co-workers won't neither because then they would possibly be jointly liable for fuckups that aren't even theirs. Unless they are told to, which doesn't apply in this case. Client doesn't need to proofread shit and in this case, he couldn't even if he wanted to because he was illiterate. There is no "plothole" here for anyone who ever had an administrative job.

Violet Evergarden is nothing like Haibane Renmei or Mushishi.

>t. idiot who's never been in a managerial position

Erica was right there.

Now your talking about shows with somehow above average writing.
But let's be honest here, most of the shit that sticks around every season doesn't have good writing, only one or two, or even the three features I listed.

Imagine newspaper office without editors, mr. smartass.
Violet is working in creative writing service, for god's sake.

Erica knew it was a terrible idea. Violet has no experience and the reputation of the business was at stake. She could have at least alerted the boss or looked over Violet's work. Nope. Just pretend like it didn't happen. Allow a trainee and autist who admitted she has no idea what love is to handle a job about love.

>What a disservice this is to the Violet Evergarden LN.
So, get stuck with the novel and stop bullshitting. It's a nice anime so far.

You probably never worked. There're a plenty of shitty managers in the world, user. More than the competent ones.

Do you even read what I wrote? Was anyone present on the spot ever told to check Violet's work after her? No? Then no one realistically would do so.
Especially not the insecure quiet co-worker girl who sucks at her job.

We all read what your wrote. Your point is retarded.

Jeez, do you even read newspaper? This was legit published in a italian newspaper. Shit like it happens all the time. The difference is that the responsible for it is usually fired afterwards, and sometimes it don't even happen.

At least establish that. The show doesn't even hint at it. We're led to believe they've been working hard to build a good reputation. Just admit it's poor writing.

>We're led to believe they've been working hard to build a good reputation
It's not anime's fault that you doesn't know shit about story. Every service offered by nations devastated by a war are shit and messy. Japan is an example of it, since there was a time after the second world war that the country were known because of its low-quality exportation products.

It's not bad writing. It's only an anime that doesn't need to explain everything to its viewer. This happens with movies and TV Shows too. You wouldn't be complaining if you had at least something of real life experience.

I gave the show 3 episodes, but it's just boring. Dropped so hard.

See you next week

>being this buttblasted over a mediocre show
Asking that characters make simple, logical decisions isn't explaining everything. You're telling me this chick (with no previous experience with the company) places complete trust in this company to write a letter for the person she intends to be with? If Erica is too cowardly to stop Violet, she could have at least alerted someone else or helped her with the letter or looked over it after she was finished. She knew Violet had no experience and no business writing that letter.

Btw, your examples are irrelevant and "insults" are pathetic. This is a small company trying hard to make a good name for itself. There should be an editor or someone keeping track of the output. I worked with a small business once and all documents were checked by multiple people before getting sent out.

If anything is poor here, it's the personal and managerial structure of the company. Of course stuff like this happens if there is no one ordered to QC newbie's work.
And you are quoting two different people.

I'm actually far from being buttblasted, mate. The butthurt people that i'm seeing here are arguing over a completely OK show like it was the worst thing japanese animation spawned in years.

Hol up, secondary here. What is it that they DID adapt from the original?

Pretty much nothing so far.

Kyoani you fucking shits.

go to secretary "school"
which only actually lasts for 5 days, hope you didn't pay much in tuition for this.
fail because you're an autist
write one half-assed letter saying ONII-CHAN ONII-CHAN ONII-CHAN
fat jesuszaku breaks down into tears
Sensei randomly appears and retroactively lets you graduate after all.
>and then your yuri waifu was never seen again

>5 days
Brainlet.

Is not about shitty bosses, but when you know the client is high profile you don’t mess in that way. The mistake has no sense in VeG as much it wouldn’t have in real world. You protect your money by protecting a client, and even incompetent managers know that. Violette has a free card because Claudia and that’s just a sad asspull, is an incompent worker you are going to make an exception because reasons. That’s really stupid.

How on Earth you jeopardize your employees and your own head because you feel bad for one single person? That only happens in bad writing stories.

Why does this cunt even need to become a ghost writer anyway?
If she wants to know what love is her boss could just buy her some fucking poetry and romance books and she could have stayed a mailman, the one job she was decent at

Is it true everything has been anime original so far and it will likely start adapting the LN next week?

Glasses chick was right there, and while she was unsure of her own ability to write the letter, she could certainly have looked over Violet's and mentioned that it was abhorrent. Especially since she'd never written one before.

Yes, anime original. We're still not sure about next week.

On a scale from one to five, how likely is it there will be more war scenes? What I read of the LN didn't have any but I didn't finish it

she was making the other mailmen look bad by being too efficient at that job. better to put her into something she's incompetent in and will cost the business a lot of money, that's the ticket!

Why is Sup Forums overhyping this garbage show?
Not even the normie streaming sides have it in their top 5

This is good for a anime original episode. Give me clannad feels.