Why exactly was her name so funny again?

It's probably because I can't speak moon, but the name "Megumin" didn't strike me as particularly humorous. Was it some kind of rune pun or was there something else I'm not getting?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kadokawasneaker/status/956822457414860800
youtube.com/watch?v=6ovk8zXe1Sc
youtube.com/watch?v=t61YLms0hds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's just stupid

But why was it stupid?

I just took it that it just sounds a bit too cute for a powerful wizard.

This isn't the best comparison but it's the equivalent of someone named Mike to tell you to call them The Mikester.

Megumi is a legitimate name. N's are usually added for nicknames and such. So somebody named "Megumin" is honestly ridiculous.

Because it's a cutesy nickname rather than a real name (which would be Megumi).

That was actually a concise and informative explanation. Thank you.

Megumi is a real name
Megumin is like someone named Joe!
not Joe but Joe!
adding of the n is like a nickname or an extra sound not an real name.

yea. my sister's name is kellie and my mum calls her kell-bell as a joke. megumin is like if her actual given name was kell-bell.

I do my best

I was calling her Mega Man the whole time.

kek

yeah i always figured it was weird how they put so much emphasis on how weird the extra n is
i appreciate your explanation

But then what the fuck is Dodonko supposed to be

Another stupid name

I donno, but I can't wait to bomb some of them!

Legumin

its a bunch of sound names like you would give a dog

Whoa, slow down there, buddy. This is Sup Forums. The thread can't end until we have at least three pointless areguments and at least 5 people are called niggers.

It's still shitposting, even if you're being ironic.

Shut up you nigger.

Dodonko dislikes smoke

Not all sarcasm is shitposting, nigger.

Rie is the most sexual girl I know.

>3d

3d's amazing, user.
It's like 2d you can fuck.

You are now aware of this character's real name.

>hating 3D
>when KonoSuba has actual cute seiyuu

Seiyuus are 2.5D

I try to be civil on Sup Forums and use proper etiquette, as it is usually devoid of honest discussion from decent people just wanting to talk about Chinese Cartoons.

I still like the lewd threads though.

Adding sounds like MIN to the end of Japanese names is a common nickname thing in general

This example is exactly what I mean. See, her name is Kaori. Her real name. Her nickname? Kaorin.

>what are kirakira names

Now please explain the names of her parents and chomusuke.

Also how would you localize megumin's name joke without destroying it?

Lalatina

Yoroshiku ne, Hotarun.

Has a nice body

Too bad everyone in this world has saggy tits, so I prefer the flat ones.

Her real name always fuck with me because they made me learn spanish in Le 56% land and I can't help but think of her as a spanish chick for a brief moment every time it gets said on screen

Kazuma Kazuma!

you sound like a cucked nigger faggot, return to reddit immediately.

thank you for making a positive contribution to the thread and the board

Your welcome, and fuck you too, buddy

>Too bad everyone in this world has saggy tits
what's the issue exactly?

it's lala-tiina
not la-latina

Why are you like this? This is literal reddit behavior. Why are you being a twat instead of just being a normal human being?

kotz

Yeah I know, it still throws me for a loop

Jesus fucking christ can't you just return to reddit you falseflagging strawmaning cherrypicking cottonpicking retarded nigger newfag. Fuck off

Consider suicide.

I do so on a daily basis, no u

>Too bad everyone in this world has saggy tits

Yeah, what's wrong with her name ?

the n is supposed to be silent

>all her upgrades are for her mega buster
>none of them are for her mega milk

This, but it's just a coincidence that all the best girls are flat.

>flat
No. Also, forgot your scar.

Pads, remember?

Shut the fuck up, Aqua, nobody asked you.

What if Aqua was actually flat? The only reason it looks like she has big breasts is because they're just water balloons.

Hai hai, Kazuma des.

>take a slim, sexy girl
>turn her into something bland because of breast envy bullshit
Pads were a mistake.

Megu Season 3 Never Ever Min.

Her entire village's taste really is that bad.

Anything more specific would be spoilers.

Megumin sounds stupid enough in English that I think it works fine if you localize it straight.

yeah, it sounds retarded enough.

>Now please explain the names of her parents and chomusuke.

Megumin and her parents names are easy to understand. She's got a completely normal name (Megumi) and then she's added this fucking weird tail onto it. It's like someone called Megan instead calling themselves Megani or someone called Tina becoming Tinan. It's dumb and sounds weird.

Combine with the fact that she was literally dressed like a fucking Chuuni and giving herself a name that sounds made up, they thought she was taking the piss, basically giving herself a fake name to sound cool. Then they realised she was real. And then they realised her parents names were exactly the same, normal names that'd been morphed into nothing.

>Chomsuke

Chomsuke is even funnier, because Chomsuke is a FEMALE cat. And -Suke is a male name, generally a really strong, very male ending.

Know how most names ending in -a are female? Tina/Roberta/Laura etc.

Japan has the same thing with -suke, but for male: Yusuke, Daisuke, Taisuke, Sasuke, etc.

It's a very common and very masculine ending. So she's got this female cat that's got a name that's literally gibberish (Chom doensn't mean anything) and then given it a masculine ending.

It'd be like your friend introducing you to his MALE Cat called Glorbina.

choMUSUke.

-すけ

What about Yunyun?

It's a joke about her breasts. The Japanese Onomatopeia breasts bouncing/swaying as a girl moves is *Tayun* *Tayun*

Thus, Yunyun. It's a breast joke.

Rie Takahashi to appear in a special Konosuba Broadcast on YouTube YouTube 1/30

twitter.com/kadokawasneaker/status/956822457414860800

You may as well be asking about Chunchunmaru, Funifura, Komekko, Bukkororii, Dodonko, Pucchin, Yuiyui or Hyoizaburo...

Notice a pattern?

>Sup Forumsnons all shitting on each other with their ridiculous banters while maintaining bro-tier civilized relationship
Is it wrong if i wish the entirety of Sup Forums were like this? Is it too hard to be rude but still friendly to others here you fucking autistic shitflinging niggers

They're all fuckable

... uhhh..... user....

All Crimson Demon names are spelled in hirigana a.k.a. all small letters in the translation.
It's childish but the CDs all take it super seriously.

Almost all the secondaries are sleep at this hour.

What about Jugemu Jugemu Unko Nageki Ototoi no Shin-chan no Pantsu Shinpachi no Jinsei Balmunk Fezarion Isaac Schneider San Bun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou no Nokotta San Bun no Ni wa Sakamuke ga Kininaru Kanjou Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru you de Shiranai no wo Boku wa Shitteiru Rusu Surume Medaka Kazunoko Koedame Medaka... Kono Medaka wa Sakki to Chigau Yatsu Dakara Ikeno Medaka no Hou Dakara Raa-yuu Yuuteimiyaouki Mukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe Bichiguso Maru?

and a dick if doujins are to be believed

Because it sounds like a childish nickname.

>what's her name?
>patootie

I'M GOING TO BEAT THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF THE NEXT GUY TO CALL ERIS FLAT.

エリスの胸はパッド入り

Remember this chant, child of the Axis cult.

ぺっタンぺっタンつろペッタン

youtube.com/watch?v=6ovk8zXe1Sc

*Jeb!

eris is flat

how flat?

I used to have this song memorized. Only recently found out it was a parody of some other bullshit.

What do you mean? It's a Touhou arrange, not a parody.

>It's a Touhou arrange
Nope

youtube.com/watch?v=t61YLms0hds

But Jeb! can still win though.

This tbqh but only in the anime. LN Lalatina is GOAT.

that image is not canon, there was no rope covering her crotch
saggy tits are canon

Do you even know what sagging is, or have you been basing your idea of what tits look like on some of those animes that have them practically sticking out at the shoulder level instead of where tits actually fucking are.

She's called Megumin because she's supposed to be a reference to Lina Inverse who was famously voiced by a woman named Megumi.

Incidentally, if I were asked to choose between an imitation (Megumeme) and the original (Lina)- I'd choose the original.

stop projecting you deluded ape

I need more images of megumeme where her smallness is exaggerated.

I just realized,
slayers has been on my backlog
for 20 years

It's amazing, the second series in particular.
Do watch it.

is it still possible to find seeds for a series this old or should I just save up and buy the box set?