Just believe in yourself

>just believe in yourself

No
Kamina clearly stated to believe in the part of yourself that believes in yourself. The tiny shriveled up morshel of confidence that is hidden inside tons of self doubt, hatred and self loathing. Kamina says that if you manage to pull out that part of your psyche you will turn out to be a better man and help both yourself and the others around you.

This. Still amazes me how something so simple flies over peoples heads.

> Don't believe in me. Don't believe in me that believes in yourself. Believe in yourself that believes in yourself
Kamina is smarter than Aristotle and Plato combined.

If I punch a depressed and suicidal person in the face will they snap out of it?

Of course. The pain you caused them will steel them and cut their depressed/suicidal train of thought. Clarity of mind.

DONT BELIVE IN YOURSELF. BELIVE IN THE ME THAT BELIVES IN THE YOU!

DONT BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. DONT BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU. BELIEVE IN THE YOU THAT BELIEVES IN YOU.

Greatest piece of art to ever grace the earth. Anyone who disagrees is just incorrect.

I did. It was a huge mistake

yes, please come break my nose

Top 10 most satisfying punches in anime

Yes. Then they will focus on punching you instead so they stop thinking about suicide

Stop him from commiting suicide? Yes, Breaking out of his depression? Maybe, there are people who like feeling sorry for themselves.

Well its more like believe in me that believes in you. And that acts as a starting point for people to start believing in themselves. Then don't believe in me that believes in you believe in you that believes in you. So you're right it's mostly just growing to be stronger person, the only people who don't like it are people who like feeling sorry for themselves. Like people who hate this show.

Maybe not that far. It's definitely one of the best in anime as a medium.

Anyone who likes this is literally a manchild

>2007+11
>not being a manchild

>enjoying a subpar show makes you an intrinsically better person
Keep telling yourself that, faggot.

Or just feel determined.

Thats basically the show.

So........just determination as a feeling.

Logic for 8 year olds.

Hmmmm, sounds like something pseudo intellectuals would like to say to be honest.

Yes. Shows don’t have to have edgy 2deep 4 me philosophies to be good. TTGL had a simple, well executed message.

Literally 6 year olds can understand. Doesnt make it objecticely true when you mature your brain.

What was the message

ITT: People who don't believe hard enough

>SPIRAL PAWA XDDDD
what a great show

>did not read
No shit he literally just sad it was that simple, it was the execution that was memorable

Pretty much yeah, shows you can enjoy something without freaking out over not being serious enough

I wish someone did that to me when I was 17 and depressed out of my mind desu lads

Please do not fall for this bait Sup Forums

>it was the execution that was memorable
The execution became garbage after episode 9.
Not that it was that good to begin with

Yeah that's why it is doing so well with the majority of anime watchers. You just mad we aren't as cynical as you.

Every action anime cliche can be memorable without meaning to be or having exclusive context, its a kids show after all.

TTGL is the fairy tail of mecha shows.

Yes because depression is not real

It's not about it not being serious. It's about it being an uninterrupted string of trite, boring, unoriginal ideas and clichés. But yes, resort to the usual triggerfag argument: "You hate fun xDDD".

But it did have meaning, and it did cliches on purpose, it was a series not to be taken seriously and thinking that something that isn't taken seriously doesn't have any meaning. When are you going to learn that having meaning in something doesnt corelate with seriousness in media.

Really its like dragan ball, its just entertainment and escapism in robot suits and badly written archetypes fron classic shonen/mecha/sentai.

I dont need to resort to that, because you already have billions of anime that did the same cliche as ttgl did. They just did it better. Really it just rubs you the wrong way because it has such a positive message packed into a punch.

>Really its like dragan ball, its just entertainment and escapism in robot suits and badly written archetypes fron classic shonen/mecha/sentai.
>escapism
What anime isnt?

You have no argument and you have to resort to imagining why I disliked it because the objective nature of facts causes you cognitive dissonance.
"Wow believe in yourself", thanks Naruto, but I usually judge anime on other criteria besides the message they're trying to convey. I don't like TTGL because it's a paroxysm of cliches and unoriginal ideas. And this much is a fact. If you need to pretend that all people who dislike TTGL do so because of an obscure and unmentionable reason, perhaps you're the one with a problem

>cliches and unoriginal idea
And yet you still watch anime that do the same Fucking thing. The fact that you are getting flustered over this show proof enough as to why you can't enjoy things. I enjoy the cliches if done right and pointed out that it is cliche, really it goes to show that you think you are an adult but still you are watching Japanese cartoons like the rest of us. Not only that you are angry that this show revitalized the genre of super mecha.

Again its a kids show. of course it doesnt take itself serious. It also has no meaning since it takes nothing about itself setiously to prove the subjectivity of detemination and will relevant to everything the show theme wise. In the end, the hero lost nia and failed to disprove the anti spiral with his views being its basically my way > your way.

Its meaningless entertainment, nothing matters as a series of positive esculation since it remained a gainax convention to the bitter end.

>You watch anime that do the same fucking thing
Sorry to disappoint you, never been big on 'power of friendship' anime.
>I enjoy the cliches if done right and pointed out that it is cliche,
Literally the same line used by people who gobble up crap like boku no pico academia. That other poster was right, TTGL truly is the Fairy Tail of mecha. Clearly the fanbase is the same. What other buzzword are you gonna use next? "Execution"?

>Oh it's mai waifu show, look at cute girls doing cute things, oh boy its a beach episode!
Please there is no difference between you and a child at this point.

>Sorry to disappoint you, never been big on 'power of friendship' anime.
And that's why you are an idiot. And angst faggoty idiot who couldn't get the core message because he saw to many power of friendship shows and just applied the same logic to this one.

>if I blindly use the phrase buzzword
>I'll win the argument
You have effectively made buzzword a buzzword.

>Name-calling
I am disappointed, but not surprised. I've long since known that TTGLfags are the most autistic fanbase on Sup Forums, but they keep reaching new lows. Feel free to respond anytime you actually have an argument besides meager attempts at a tu quoque.

Jesus guys, just chill. Gurren Lagann was good but definitely not a masterpiece as many people are claiming. It was a solid 7/10 for me primarily because I felt the character development aside from Simon, was extremely lacking. I didn’t even shed a tear when Kamina died or when most of the team died in the end.

Well of course people are gonna call you names, I'm sure it happens to you a lot when you act and think like a pretentious asshole. Really you closed the conversation when you didn't bother to make any meaningful conversation. But that's Sup Forums, filled with pretentious asshole ear to ear.

No one said it was, who said it was a master piece?

>But that's Sup Forums, filled with pretentious asshole ear to ear.
I am glad you're self-aware, user. Perhaps you'll keep on improving in your lifetime.
Check the posts in this thread, TTGLfags venerate their precious anime like if it were the second coming of anime Christ.

No one utter it was a master piece. You are overreacting again

Yet this is show for little kids in kindergarden that tries so hard to be a themetic guide for men in the eyes of turbo nerds like you. Anyone who takes this show seriously in feeling inspired by someome like kamina or simon are autistic adult males who've had problems developing socially as a child.

>Just b urslef normalfag bullshit.
>People on Sup Forums love it .
?

Dude chill out TTGL is a great show, but you're acting like a idiot, others will disgree with you somtimes and you just need to accept that.

Oh user, ttgl was like a Pixar movie, yes made for everyone to enjoy and did it well. You aren't fooling anyone when you are implying you watch serious anime for serious people like yourself. No matter how much you think you are mature you are still watching a Japanese cartoon made for otakus.

TTGL is lame and id gaigoagear from weebs.

I don't care if you disagree, I do care when you put words in my mouth for the sake of an argument.

He’s not wrong. You’re only truly defeated when you’ve abandoned faith.

Alexander the Great once said “Nothing is impossible for he that is willing to try”.

>Comparing pixar to shitty gaigoagear ripoff and cliche fest.

Kill yourself.

It is in the execution. Whether you believe in the buzzword or not, it resonated with a lot of guys.

actually I never said that

Wtf I love SAO now

Sounds like someone is jealous

>resonated with a lot of people
gee user, it's almost like it was picked up by people who had very little experience with mecha anime and thus believed it to be something different!

Good for you I think its crap

The absolute state of BNHfags

You missed his point, but I didn't expect you to understand in the first place.

>Dude chill out TTGL is a great show
Tphu

Brainlet

Or maybe there is more than one way to do a super mecha show. I get your issue now, its not about it being popular, its about it didn't follow what you think a super mecha should be. I mean its not like Gao Geiger disappeared since ttgl air hell it made homages to the series. Even acknowledge them and you aren't happy about that?

Samefag
And I knew what you meant you just didn't get the responce you wanted

Depression is a physical disorder easily treatable with medication. Not the same thing as sadness. If you’re depressed and not taking pills for it, then you’re as retarded as an obese fuck eating lard for dinner every night against common sense.

The absolute state of TTGLfags

DO THE IMPOSSIBLE SEE THE INVISIBLE

I am not the king of super robot show, people can do their super robot show however they want. Especially if they decide to create something new. TTGL did nothing of this. It's literally only glorified because it's babby's first mecha. It's the super robot equivalent of Naruto and Fairy Tail. I am not mad it's popular, nor am I mad that people like it. I am just baffled at how people fail to realize that it has little value besides being an entry-level mecha show and praise it for things that a lot of anime did before (or later) and better.
One day you will grow up and understand that popularity isn't an indicator of quality, one way or another.

>itt fags and women who dont understand the concept of hotblooded anime

Every thread without fail a so called “fan” of super robot anime tells others that only his view of what thos types of shows should be is correct. How can you be so narrow minded while supposedly liking a genre that preaches freedom and courage?

>reading comprehension

Could you point who said that in this thread?

HAHAHA us bro's am i right?

i cant believe i wasted 2h of my life on the movie when the only thing that didnt feel rushed and copy pasted from the series was the final battle

TTGL executes its themes and characters better than the likes of Getter and GaoGaiGar. The pacing is fantastic and the direction is also top notch. The show has a lot of energy that older shows simply lack.

This is purely subjective and I have no authority to say you're right or wrong, but the fact remains that some people disliked TTGL not because it's 'childish' or 'immature', but because it reused themes we've seen everywhere before and because of the poor character development. Perhaps if you bothered to talk with those people instead of turning them into boogeyman you'd get a different piece of mind.

>a genre that preaches freedom and courage
Wanna know how I know you havn't seen more than 5 mecha?
I said it before and I'll say it again, TTGL is a great show it and Eva got me into mecha, you however are acting imature you need to accept the fact that other have diffrent opinions, you are also shit at arguring and keep assuming things of the other in this thread.

Did Viral have or didnt have spiral power? Several times it seemed like he contributed with fighting spirit to Gurren Lagann

>One day you will grow up and understand that popularity isn't an indicator of quality, one way or another.
Are calling someone out for being enkoying a show while you bitch about it like a child? Kettle meet pot.

>If you’re depressed and not taking pills for it, then you’re as retarded as an obese fuck eating lard for dinner every night against common sense.

i really don't know about this. antidepressants affect everyone differently, and i know a lot of depressed people that prefer their lives with them

Please rephrase your message in english, then I'll be able to give you a proper response.

*without them., i mean

>Watched TTGL 3 years ago with a non-biased perspective
>Hated it when the entire cast decided to shit on Simon after what had happened
>Hated it when Nia, the glorified Mary Sue, was just so cute and quirky and the entire cast loved her during that time (Main character literally getting put down while she's held on a pedestal)
>Liked it, but think that the show is INCREDIBLY overrated by its rabid as fuck fanbase

Yet this guySeems to be the majority of haters because its too immature for them.

>>Depression is a physical disorder easily treatable with medication. Not the same thing as sadness. If you’re depressed and not taking pills for it, then you’re as retarded as an obese fuck eating lard for dinner every night against common sense.
This is by far one of the least informed and intelligent posts I've seen in all my years on Sup Forums. Congratulations, you literally have no fucking idea the shit that people go through and have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and if you think that "lol just take pills" makes any of it better, you should actually fucking kill yourself. You're apart of the problem why mental health is such an overlooked issue because of your pitiful and tired excuses.

Work on your English then, one typo and now moving the goalpost

Are you seriously expecting nuance and understanding from TTGLfags?

Row row, fight the powa

Nice shop

This

I have, and it almost always boils down to TTGL not being unique when that’s really not the point of the show. Also, if you think TTGL had bad character development then what super robot series has good character development? Simon being a bland guy doesn’t suddenly put the whole show down, especially when it was done really well as said before.

And I’ve come across too many types shitting on the show for the most asinine reasons, just as you’ve come across people new to the genre praising it for the wrong reasons. It goes both ways.