let's talk about this

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4oYslv-lWYY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LgaplpSK7bg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

she did it for teh lulz

She was right.

read spinoza

Her actions are completely understandable, I don't know why people have a hard time wrapping their mind around that.

The concept move shows a possible continuation, which i would absolutely appreciate

Homura did nothing wrong.

>let's talk about cashgrab garbage

no thanks

Better than the show.

sequel when?

>people make content so they can make money
woah

it's been announced, urobuchi just needs to write it

so, 2 more years

5 years, he finished Madoka for Shaft in 2008 and that didn't go to air until 2011

oh, ok
I´m fine

This shouldn't be hard to understand, Homura became the Devil to keep the vow she made to protect the person she loved the most(even from themselves if need be) and give them a normal life.

It's beautiful actually, in a tragic sort of way.

>Cashgrab

It massively improved on the ending of the original series, which ended in such a stupid way.

>Homura I won't let your hard and traumatic work to save me go to waste
>Deletes herself from universe

Nah fuck that shit. I would have dragged her ass down from Mahou Shoujo Nirvana as well.

Let's not

>w-w-why did Homura choose to become the devil guys? Is she evil?
Homura had been drinking the witch juice for literally days. It’s remarkable she’s sane enough to speak.

>last on-screen image is homura falling off of a cliff
>a literal cliffhanger

Bravo Lucas

She just wanted that pink pussy really badly

>the devil
Just because she calls herself so that doesn't make her one.
I don't think the Devil would interested in creating a dimension of pure happiness for those she loves, that is more like something God would do.

Homura did some things wrong but nothing was bad overall.

Absolute fucking masterpiece, mindblowing plot, 10/10 for me.And I am not even sacrastic here. Suck it, Sup Forums!

Don't equate the Eastern idea of "god" and "the devil" with the Western one. This is a common mistake a lot of Western anime fans who were either brought up in or around Christianity make.

It's not a cliffhanger if she's not hanging off a cliff but straight up falls the fuck off, innit?

Homuhomu loves Lawnchair. Even though she is an anime character, it's like she knows the chair is "Madoka".

Kenzaburō Ōe's literature after his Nobel Prize in Literature is founded on Spinoza's Pantheism. Thanks to him, Ōe barely avoided turning Christian.

If Urobuchi doesn't join the new project, it could not be "Madoka Magica" any longer.

>still in Madoka threads
Tsundere

2021! The 10th anniversary! Perhaps....

>still believe that Urobuchi will write a new scenario for Madoka

see I wanna drink an Apple juice, you know.

Really? (///∇//)

So what?

what is the eastern idea of the devil in this context? interested

This fucking attention whore.

Don't bully me! Don't you like attention whores?

There are exactly two types of people:
People who liked the original series ending,
And people who liked rebellions ending.
It's because they fundamentally represent two opposing stances in philosophy.
The ending of Rebellion is best understood as trying it's best to express a longing, a feeling.
It's actually not very straightforward, and it is a bit off in its interpretation in my opinion.
But when Homura says that her "love" strained her soul gem, it's actually not "love" as in "romantic love", but "amour fati" the love for fate itself.
If you read up on what this term means, and where it comes from, then you might understand the ending better.
This is why she says that it is not despair that tainted her soul gem.
As magical girls in Madoka create power from their emotions, "amour fati", is described as being so powerful, that it is possible to create meaning in nothingness, so it is only natural, that Homura would become the devil. It is not Madoka's power, it is fundamentally her OWN.

>Update
Which category is people who actually only liked 2 first movies?

>People who liked the original series ending
this one?
I'm one of the people who did not really like the original ending, but Rebellion made Madoka my favorite anime series of all time.

Rebellion was fanfic-tier incomprehensible nonsense that destroyed a perfectly acceptable ending to the original series, left way too many questions about the world open, and left us with a lame cliffhanger than will never be followed up on. It's possibly my least favorite movie.

Perfectly acceptable to you, not acceptable to me.

Akemi Homura

>fanfic-tier incomprehensible nonsense
So literally 2deep4u?

It's okay to admit they're gay, user.

>no you don't understand, it was INTENTIONALLY bad and made no sense

I can like both because they're both good storytelling despite being opposed.

It was intentionally what it was. "Bad" is your subjective opinion. "Made no sense" is your subjective opinion.

I respect your attempt for nonstandard interpretation, but I think you went in a weird direction. How can you apply love of fate (and acceptance of fate) to Homura, when all she was doing was going against fate to the very end?

I like the original ending and Rebellion, but the movie had poor execution.

When you spend the whole movie following Homura and by end you don't know what or why da fuck she did it then maybe it had shit directing.

Do I really need to rewatch the same movie to understand the motives of the main character?

The thing is, you don't have to rewatch the movie. It was never spelled out, so you won't find the answer by doing that. That's why there are so many interpretations.

And open to interpretation does not necessarily mean bad execution. If it was so terrible, why do these threads never die? It had an emotional impact on people. Some hated it, some loved it, few were unaffected. And I think that's great.

A confusing story that forces a rewatch makes it either annoying or fun. It's annoying if the first watch didn't pique your curiosity at all and you have low confidence that the questions a rewatch would answer are even worth the trouble. It's fun when the rewatch has you see the story in a totally different light. It shows the same content but with a different meaning. When I watched Rebellion for the first time, I immediately hit rewind and watched it again. I don't regret it.

>If it was so terrible, why do these threads never die?
Because the TV series was great. Rebellion is controversial because a lot of people feel it ruined a great series

I feel it improved the series, and I would never be in these threads if not for Rebellion. So there is not one group of people.

some dipshit the other day was saying Madoka was as simple as Star Wars. i absolutely disagree with that notion.

>"If it's for Madoka then I don't mind being stuck in a maze forever"
>"Because it was for her, then even the pain would become dear to me"
These statements sound exactly like what Nietzsche predicted the Übermensch would state when he would overcome the eternal recurrence of the world. (Which is even more striking because Houmras Power IS eternal recurrence).
This is what loving fate means, Homura accepts reality per se. This is why she does not despair.

But when Homura says that "it is not despair but love that is clouding her soul gem", this sentence does NOT make sense if you think of love as "romantic love", as this would exactly be Sayaka's case: she despaired over not being able to be with the one she loved.

This is why it is amour fati, as it is inherently a positive feeling:
Both more passionate than hope, because it's inherently fighting for a cause that is lost, again and again - forever.
And deeper than despair, because it's accepting the darkest and most nihilistic outlook at face value: "This world is not worth saving"; And Homura is accepting that she will be stuck in a maze forever.
People despair over much much less.

In fact, in my interpretation, Homura already has the power of Akuma Homura AT THE END OF THE ORIGINAL SERIES, when she takes flight with her wings (pic related, does sure look familiar)
Because that is when she asserts her amour fati.

She could pull Madoka down from heaven when she came to pick her up. Because it was the only moment she could get a hold of her.

because they're literally too dumb

Thinking more literally, I think he has a point if you consider validating Homura's wish as fate. She turns back the clock one more time, but usurps Madoka's wish in her own image. Like this, she seizes her divine right to be Madoka's savior and protector while also not invalidating Madoka's wish.

Ironically, I feel that accepting eternity with Madoka would have been just as valid as pulling her down from the heavens. Everything comes from interpretation. Homura's decision I feel was an argument towards embracing her own ego entirely and not compromising for anyone's sake, which is the polar opposite of how Madoka carries herself. The end of the series has Homura compromising for Madoka's sake. Rebellion shows her moving past that.

"My formula for greatness in a human being is amor fati: that one wants nothing to be different, not forward, not backward, not in all eternity. Not merely bear what is necessary, still less conceal it… but love it."

I don't see how this is about fighting again and again. Following this, she should have accepted the reality with Madoka becoming a concept and moved on.

You have a worthy interpretation, I just don't think the term is quite correct.

To want to validate a wish is to have will. And having strong will is opposite of being passive and observing, which is what amor fati seems to be about.

I love Rebellion. The series wouldn't be nearly as good with the original ending. Truly the best anime ever made.
It's a meme at this point, but if I ever had to pick a 2deep4u anime, Rebellion would be a serious consideration.

>Rebellion is controversial because a lot of people feel it ruined a great series
It saved the series for me. The ending to the first season didn't sit right with me at all.

The ending of the first season was great, but it wasn't really complete. I am actually okay with Rebellion not getting a sequel, despite how much I adore the franchise. I'd be extremely sad if the sequel didn't live up to my nigh-unrealistic expectations.

>Truly the best anime ever made.

Madoka could've been decent if the characters weren't two dimensional cardboard cutouts.

this meme is getting tired

>It's because they fundamentally represent two opposing stances in philosophy.
That's why both are good.

>meme
No, it's a legitimate criticism. I could have forgiven the pretentious, masturbatory plot if the characters gave me even a single reason to give a shit about their struggles.

>he has different opinion than me, how laughable
You're pathetic.

I feel the same. You can think of Rebellion in one way or the other, but once the sequel is made, it has to take just one route. I have a feeling that there is not a single route you can take that will be better than not having a sequel at all.

I would be glad if Urobuchi proved me wrong.

>Inception is the greatest movie ever made
>I'm just a deeper individual than you I guess. Not everyone can understand it.

>which is what amor fati seems to be about.
You really have it wrong. And I think the English translation you brought up misses a lot of nuances from German:

„Meine Formel für die Grösse am Menschen: Das Nothwendige nicht bloss ertragen, noch weniger verhehlen sondern es lieben.“
="My formula for greatness in a human being: Not just bearing, and much less despising what is necessary, but loving it."

„Amor fati: das sei von nun an meine Liebe! Ich will keinen Krieg gegen das Hässliche führen. Ich will nicht anklagen, ich will nicht einmal die Ankläger anklagen. Wegsehen sei meine einzige Verneinung! Und, Alles in Allem und Großen: ich will irgendwann einmal nur noch ein Ja-sagender sein!“
="Amour fati: that shall be my love now! [...] Looking away will be the only thing I won't do! All in All: I want to be a Yes-Sayer!"

To understand what Nietzsche means by Yes-sayer you need to look into Thus Spoke Zarathustra, in the opening speech:
Off the 3 Transformations of The Spirit, Nietzsche describes the final Transformations:

"ein heiliges Ja-sagen. Ja, zum Spiele des Schaffens, meine Brüder, bedarf es eines heiligen Ja-sagens: s e i n e n Willen will nun der Geist, s e i n e Welt gewinnt sich der Weltverlorene.“
="a holly Yes-saying: For playing the game of creating, my brothers, it is necessary to say the holy word, YES:
H I S Will is what the Spirit wants now H I S World, is what the one who lost his World gains"

I hope I can clarify the terms for you.
That being said, the romantic component is still not truly fitting, but the concept itself definitely is.

Did I ever said that anyone who doesn't find it the best anime ever cannot understand it? Also, saying that Inception is the greatest movie ever made is not laughable either, even though I am not a fan of the movie.

>madokafags so devoid of personality and intelligence that they can only rip off older, better memes just like their show rips off older, better shows
typical

This. I believe there shouldn't be a sequel.
Madoka Magica right now is perfect. Adding or removing anything will make the whole less.

If you agree with both, then you don't really understand either.

Wub a lub a dub dub.

I turned myself into a scientist, Homura.

I'm Scientist Sayaka!

explain further

Here, I found a laughing matter

I don't agree with both, I think they're good as a pair. The show and rebellion complement each other.

I kind of agree, it's not a conflict that can be resolved without compromising one or both of the characters

>implying we won't get some kind of crazy UNDERSTANDING / DUALITY ending

>it massively improved on the ending of the original series, which ended in such a stupid way

I noticed from all these years that people who spout this nonsense are either yurifags or rabid homutards

which one is you user?

madoka threads expose the self-inserting menace like no other

But I liked both endings, so get fucked?

Why is the question of "is it right or not for one person to suffer for many" inseparable from Homura?

But literally everything made perfect sense, user. You're right it's not 2deep4u, it was just literally too intelligent for you to keep up with. And I'm not even saying it was an overly intelligent film.

This means you liked rebellions ending.
The original ending is not the ending anymore.
Category 2, next.

Homuras position is that it is right for EVERYONE to suffer for Madoka.

I've come to the same realization.

I like the end of Rebellion because it takes the story in an interesting direction, but I don't like it as a conclusion to the franchise. It feels like a lead up to the real conclusion.

Am I talking about Homura's position?

Rebellion is called Rebellion because it is about confronting the idea of self-sacrifice. Especially on the scale of having to endure all the suffering of everyone else instead of them for all eternity.

There doesn't need to be Homura or yuri (seriously?) to ask the question of whether this is right or wrong, or to challenge this idea.

Homura did nothing wr..
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4oYslv-lWYY

It’s funny because it’s true.

She basically killed the god that saved every magical girl in the series. Imagine if you were a magical girl in medieval times or older even and you were about to fall into despair and you were saved and ended up in magical girl heaven with Madoka. You would have known and loved Madoka for a huge amount of time and there’d be tons of people just like you. Now imagine if Madoka came down and tried saving a girl she claimed is her very best friend one day only for that girl to strip your goddess of all her power and imprison her. That’s Homura.

Now imagine you can actually live your life instead of being made into a magical girl then dying, thanks to Homura restructuring the world.
Thanks Homura!

The catch is that Homura did it because she cares about Madoka more than all of them.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. Madoka is basically taking the sacrifice for Madoka so Madoka can be happy and live a normal life even though it makes her the enemy of everybody.

Rebellion is amazing because of Homura's descent into madness. The idea that Homura achieving the mission she was given by Madoka means becoming Madoka's enemy is really heartbreaking and just a cruel twist of fate.

I want to see how her character develops further in the sequel.

witches are for lewd!

Homura did nothing wrong.

In terms of how straightforward and un-confusing the TV show's plot was? It was. Prove me wrong.

>saying that Inception is the greatest movie ever made is not laughable either

It was garbage.

That’s easy to say but there’s a lot more to the story then that.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LgaplpSK7bg
This intro itself is deeper than most stuff you’ll find in other series. Not even a joke.

Yeah, Homura's actions are pretty fucking dumb.

He can be both, next he's gonna say the original series had no closure.

To everyone, who sees Madoka as some happy entity happily doing her job, I recommend to go rewatch the final episode of TV, because it seems all you saw is blob of flashy colors.

You can't depict eternity on screen, but the creators of PMMM tried their best. They showed you that Madoka DID TAKE every single miserable fate inside of her and BECAME a witch after spending eternity falling into the biggest despair imaginable.

Now what you see is just half a minute of animation and then she kills her witch self. Nice, so the misery ended? No, it's just you are shown every moment at once, but in reality the witch will only be defeated after eternity passes, and at the moment Madoka is suffering, endlessly collecting grief.

So if you are okay with that, it's a fair position. You accept her suffering for the sake of others. If you are not okay with that, it is also a fair position, and it is Homura's position.

Now if you delude yourself that she is not suffering, then you are wrong and misunderstood what was shown to you.

It's kind of crazy how easily people accept the eternal suffering of a 14 year old alone in space.

Maybe Homura should make a propaganda film called "The passion of Madoka" so plebs can understand the suffering Madoka went through.