Did this feel like a fever dream to anyone else?

Did this feel like a fever dream to anyone else?

I can't tell if it was good or bad

It’s a shit adaptation. Stick to the manga and 70s anime

>70's anime
You must be a literal retard

Lot's of Yuasa's stuff feels like fever dream stuff. Go watch some more stuff by him.

It felt like what would happen if Trigger wasn't staffed by 14 year old boys

I've only seen mind game.

Devil man just seems like it's all over the place, especially with its pacing

It's good because it's weird. Usually nudity and sex scenes pull you out of a story, but the blend was so seamless that you enter a trance where you can't tell your dick from your brain.

Ping Pong, Tatami Galaxy, and Kaiba are probably his bigger works (in no particular order) before devilman.

The adaptation is fine. Its faults mostly come from the manga.

Fu k off pblo. The adaptation is garbage. All the problems come from yuasa and Ōkouchi being the hacks they are and rewriting an already perfect script.

You’re the retard here. The 70s anime is the perfect chad anime. Devilman is a chad who actually knows how to take care of violent women.

Only soyboys prefer Crybaby. But it’s expected from Sup Forums given you’re one as well.

the 70's anime isn't even an adaptation of the manga you autistic fuck

(You)

Who cares if it’s not an adaptation? It’s the patrician choice. Cucks like you don’t deserve to live. Devilman from the 70s understand how man woman relationships are supposed to work. The man should have the right to belt anyone who tries to approach his woman. Devilman is a classic chad.

Crybaby turns everyone into soyboys for the modern faggot generation.

You go back to first, Pablo. I bet you’re a smelly spic too.

What? The manga has even worse characterisation than Crybaby. Fuck, it hardly even tries. And the basic plot is the same, and just not very good.
Parts of Ryo's story were better in the manga, because he's just kind of mental in Crybaby. But I can't think of much else it does better.

Crying while having a weird boner

Fuck off, Crybaby is much better.
But I do agree with your second point.

How is Crybaby better? The fights are worse and not even as violent. The women are depicted unrealistically. As if bitches like miki actually exist in real life, it’s totally fake.

What the fuck you are on? Which character is better in Crybaby? None.

Don't feel obligated to bring your woman hatred everywhere. It's rather pathetic

>literally no argument
Back to tumblr, femnazi.

Imagine trying this hard to fit in

which miki, user? because i would bet my nuts that in this world there are people like miki/o.

Not all channers are bullied little bitch like you. You're the fucking cancer of nearly all boards. Go back to r9k where waste like you should be.

You know I’m right, women dese4ve to be raped as punishment, not get praised. Exaued they do some track and field

T. Tumblrina

Everyone? Who in the manga even has any fucking character? They're all literally just plot devices.

Everyone, in Crybaby they’re all one dimensional.

Same goes to the manga.

Nope, learn to read spic.

In the manga they're zero dimensional, so it's an improvement.

In the manga they’re realistic, in Crybaby they’re literal cartoons. Like I said, learn to read Pablo or go back to Mexico.

I just read the manga after some user dumped the entire thing the other day. I'm kinda interested to see the anime now but I'm not sure.

I thought it was good, it has its flaws though. A fever dream was also my first impression after watching. The fast pacing, ost, and art really set that mood. Binge watching it at 1:00 in the morning might of also had something to do with it.

Nice controversial opinions. Makes you look like a true intelligentman

Yeah. I marathoned it all in one night as I had literal fever and couldn't sleep. Didn't know anything about and went in pretty much blind.
Had to rewatch the last episode a few times to cement that last scene into my brain. I don't cry or feel any strong emotions when I watch stuff (unless it's really funny shit) but it actually made me tear up a bit.
It was a good ride I think. Not sure what to think about it, I loved the ending.

This story originally isn't about the characters at all. It's like a fucking ancient tragedy.

Good, but still very predictable.

Parts of the story feel more real than others, which I really like. Like the whole Sirene brothel sequence feels like a dream.

>Netflix Normie shit

No thanks,bub.

He’s right, Crybaby a shit, how the fuck that everyone who only watched Crybaby can’t even explain Ryo’s motivations? Because Crybaby did a shit job at explaining anything at all. It also rushed the first episode making it confusing for everyone involved when the actual manga took the time to build up the premise and did the necessary world building.

The ending threw me for a loop at first because I feel like usually a story would try and do something after all that . I almost couldn't believe that was all. So I liked that about it.

>Go Nagai
>normie
Retard

What are you smoking? The manga throws you right in. The only thing it does differently really is the dumb head mask scene, which I am glad was cut.

There is some stuff later they dont explain as well, though, I will agree. But the beginning is fine.

cancer anime
cancer fanbase

What?? The manga explained everything about demons and how demon possession even works. Where was the mention of climate change being the reason for the demon’s release from the ice. Where’d the Dante Imagery? Crybaby waited till the final episode to do the exposition dump.

Also, why did Akira just accept Ryo’s bullshit? He was believable in the manga and didn’t take him seriously at first. No one acts like Akira in the anime.

Fuck off its Go Nagai he’s not cancer you’re s fucking spic kill yourself senpai

Like I said , it feels weird because it's a perfect fusion of sex and violence.
>Alright these titties are getting motorboated, time to divert blood flow from brain to dick...
>WAIT, SOMETHING IMPORTANT IS HAPPENING! DEFLATE BONER, ABORT ABORT!
>But those harpie titties, tho
The rapid shifts between insane and coherent, sex and seriousness is what makes it seem like a dream.

>People keep saying the manga is better
>Give it a shot since I want more Devilman anyway
>Anime Sirene arc and final battle are infinitely better
>Volume 3 is trash except for the kamikaze devil attacks.
>Rest fluctuates but is mostly about the same on average.
Fucking contrarians.

>muh spics
Spics are the only ones who truly appreciate Go Nagai outside of japan.
Spain literally has a Mazinger Z statue.

Or maybe you’re just a fucking retard who doesn’t understand why the manga is superior.

Anime sirene is indeed better, but manga Jinmen was superior. Volume 3 has a lot of little horror stories that make the demon threat much better. Everything is actually explained.

Ryo’s motivation makes sense. The characters are all superior and actually believable. Akira just doesn’t say ok to every bs Ryo trots out forward. The manga also has some funny moments, while the anime relies on pure edge to make it funny.

In other words, the manga had superior writing, superior pacing, superior characters, superior story.

So, at this point you should just kill yourself.

Spics don’t appreciate Go Nagai. They literally snuffed Shin Mazinger because of their dumb Toei nostalgia even though it was much closer to Nagai’s own comics panel for panel. Toei is not fucking Nagai.

In fact that statue shows how retarded spics are, by mixing Shin Mazinger and Toei Mazinger colours together.

Ask any spic which Nagai manga they actually read. They’re fucking plebs when it comes to Nagai.

Even ANN agrees. It’s nothing contrarian. Manga is rated 8.5 while Crybaby is rated 7.7.

>but manga Jinmen was superior.
Both were underwhelming as fuck. This girl just showed up and she died. Boo hoo.

>Volume 3 has a lot of little horror stories that make the demon threat much better.
Oh yeah, cutesy spiders on people's heads mind controlling them magically, so horrific.

>Everything is actually explained.
I appreciate it, but you don't need dozens of pages stuffed with speech bubbles to have a good manga/show.

>Ryo’s motivation makes sense.
Can give you that, I didn't say the manga was worse in every single way.

>The characters are all superior and actually believable.
They're literally cartoon cliches walking around except for Ryo and Akira.

>The manga also has some funny moments, while the anime relies on pure edge to make it funny.
Anime had pretty of funny moments, just takes not to be a jaded cunt about it.

>So, at this point you should just kill yourself.
Nah, you're a retard.

>This girl just showed up and she died. Boo hoo.
the girl wasn't the selling point for jinmen, it was how fucked up was the way he tortured his victims, his way of collecting them as trophies, similar of a serial killer, and the build up for his presentation and how he toyed with akira. the girl was just for extra sad points and to show us that even in demon form akira was still human when he closed her eye

Is it funny that the best Sirene I have seen is the one in the chibi OVA?

Climate change/degradation of the world just wasn't that important in Crybaby. Which is fine . It still had a lot of 'humans are sinful' moments, like with the photographer. Plus the same sort of stuff was subtly inserted throughout the series, especially with the rapboys, if you paid attention to their lyrics.

I think Crybaby just streamlined its story more. Probably because it's only 10 episodes vs 5 volumes.

>sirene only in name and looks
i agree

>muh anime news site scores

I do like this scene between Miki and Tare (Taro) in the manga. They have you believing that things may turn out okay, but it makes it more painful on a second read. (I almost wonder if the 'kids hugging devilman' scene was also supposed to give a false sense of security to the audience. )
. Also Tare has a good scene with his young friend about his friend's mother turning into a demon, which was awesome.

There are good moments in both that compliment each other.

>>while the anime relies on pure edge to make it funny
I can't take this guy seriously either.
Did you watch the show ? There were some cute moments between Miki and Akira all over the place.
Was the 'they are alive' joke about the food really edgy ? There are tons of cutesy humor moments like that.

>Climate change/degradation of the world just wasn't that important in Crybaby.
Which is funny because the anime took away the villain's main motivation and changed it to, demons are evil because they're demons.

>But muh photographer
Only served to prove that the people who made Crybaby didn't understand anything about Devilman, keep in mind that this replaced Miko being captured and experimented on by humans.

Aand that's if you don't consider the fact that it got rid of Satan's entire motivation in exchange for "muh baton passing".

It didn't streamline anything, Crybaby isn't faithful it is a very loose adaptation.

>Both were underwhelming as fuck. This girl just showed up and she died. Boo hoo.
The point about Jinmen was that he is a serial killer.

>I appreciate it, but you don't need dozens of pages stuffed with speech bubbles to have a good manga/show.
Except out doesn't do this, things are explained in a concise manner. They didn't drag it on.

>Can give you that, I didn't say the manga was worse in every single way.
Dude Crybaby Miki is literal waifubait. Heck Yuasa admitted that he altered her character so that people would waifufag her. In the manga she was just a normal girl, she isn't meant to be anything special. She fights back whenever she's attacked because that is normal human reaction and Devilman wasn't made for betafags who prefer helpless girls. Similarly the point of the deliquents is that they aren't at all bad people despite how they looked and came across to people. Miko herself was also never meant to be important but rather was there to showcase both the best and the worst of humanity as she fought for humans despite her experiences.

I wonder how many people got the pun with his name.

Is Sup Forums a meme now?

What I didn't completely understand from Crybaby is why did Satan/Ryo merge Akira with the champion Amon? Why did he want Akira to go and become a devilman?

His inner Satan wanted Akira to survive the apocalypse.

I wish there was more of that. Most of the original story is goofy and atonal but I feel like if they would've went all out with the sex and violence it would have worked. Instead we get these scenes that try to be emotional but feel completely contrived.

It did, but I assumed that was because I watched it drunk. Not bad though, would watch it again but high next time.

I guess that's what I meant by streamline...It took some of the themes present and put them aside to focus on specific ones.
I feel like they got rid of that capture/ experimented on plot thread for time's sake. But I do think Crybaby let humanity off easier in certain respects.

I loved it all besides the PROWFESSER FRIKILLAH!

>I do think Crybaby let humanity off easier in certain respects.
They chopped Miki and the two other rappers in pieces and put them on stakes. I can't imagine something much worse than that for someone to say that humanity was portrayed lighter in Crybaby than it should have been.
But then again, one quick glance at all the shit that's going on in Mexico is enough to go all "Satan was right all along" on their ass.

Because he wanted Akira to survive the apocalypse

The engrish was the worst aspect of Devilman Crybaby. Every other problems that people supposedly have, I do not understand. But it makes no fucking reason as to why they needed to have engrish

soundtrack was pretty enjoyable, saved a couple of songs, so it definitely leans towards the "good" side

The whole hug scene is there to portray it lighter. There were people still worth saving.

Did you only watch Crybaby? In the manga humans were hunting both Devilman (who were fighting to help humanity) and other humans whom they knew were completely innocent. It wasn't just the Makimura's that were effected by it either.

And Ryou being right about humans wasn't a last minute reveal either, he and Akira literally have an argument and he tries to convince Akira to take the other Devilman and join the demons, and reveals everything that was going to happen. Keep in mind that this was being interplayed with the humans destroying temselves.

This is really my only complaint about the adaptation. I don't mind the changes from the manga for the most part, but the engrish from Ryo was laughable. It kind of took me out of some of the episodes. Not sure why they did that when it's clear the VA doesn't speak english very well.

Why did Masaaki Yuasa have to ruin this fucking scene with Ryo talking in broken fucking engrish. This was a key scene in Devilman that changed the whole superhero in highschool to the start of the apocalypse. Everything was feeling genuinely tense and then BOOM, Ryo is opening his stupid nip mouth and the whole tone goes from tense, to awkward, uncomfortable and silly.
This would be a 10/10 series if not for completely butchering a key scene.
What was the fucking reason? Why the fuck would westerners care about japanese people running on a goddamn track? If it was some big thing, why wouldn't some american company send there own crew and commentators, it ain't even fucking realistic.
If the thought process is that Ryo needed to communicate with as much of the people as possible, you won't have a problem if you are the only one actually showing the footage of a fucking demon rampaging and killing teens. Just speak in regular japanese and some guy is going to subtitle it when it inevitably begins to spread all over the internet.
Is Yuasa retarded? Did he think it'd look cool? It didn't work realistically or tonally. The tone should be most important, why the fuck wouldn't you want your voice actor emoting to the best of his ability, instead of making your va try to speak some fucking language he barely has a grasp on

>calling it kuraibebi
for what purpose

I'm always imagining these japanese voice actors are just reading the english words phonetically without having any idea of how the language works, the inter-words relations, what it even means and such.
A shame, why are they so incapable of learning english?

>watches show with japanese audio made for japanese
>complains about engrish
Go watch the dub

>Watch the english version where the actors aren't even trying
Gee willickers thanks for the idea. I'm sorry for criticizing this show that is clearly perfect in every way. I'm sorry for trying to express an opinion

Should I watch dub from now on and stop watching foreign movies because it wasn't "made for filthy gaijins"

When's Netflix Mazinger

So I tried making sense of Violence Jack last night, but I can't understand nip. Can someone tell me what their endgame was? Did they die? Did Mido get cloned or was that his brother? Did they fuck off into the sunset?

Spoonfeed pls

Koda was an immensely underdeveloped character.

Did you read Gakuen Taikutsu Otoko?

Not yet. Does this take place after violence jack?

I think it was good, but it wasn´t as good as it could (and should) have been.

The soundtrack is pretty much what I usually listen to, so I was into it. I am looking forward to people putting a lot of synthwave songs to it.

In the manga they have a torture facility they use for people they suspect are demons. It's worse (to me) .

#
It’s a different series altogether but Midou and Mondo are its two main characters.

Violence Jack is Go Nagai cameo all the time, the manga.

I watched the dub so I didn't notice

How was the dub for you.

For a short while I thought he was the butterfly dude.

Not that user, but it was only okay. The lead guy really needed to amp up the anguish of the character. It just wasn't there. Miki's voice was actually really cute though.

Crybaby was my first exposure to the Devilman franchise. I did enjoy it for sure but it seemed like they were trying to fit like three seasons worth of story in to just one. Characters would be introduced and killed in half an episode. Big bads were alluded to before being disposed of in a similar fashion or, even worse, just sorta exit stage left with no real explanation. Is the manga this is adapted from some enormous shounen tome? That would explain a lot.

>chad
>cucks
>soyboy
>contrarian opinions that are wrong
A-am I one of you y-yet