I've never understood the appeal of the idol anime subgenre

I've never understood the appeal of the idol anime subgenre.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_N81b3aaVjQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hengehog dilemma: competing over resources vs power of friendship

It's motivating and fun to see cute trying hard and doing their best, reaching for their dreams and learning along the way.
Also the performances are really fun and exciting sometimes. And the music is good.

It's cute you stupid dipshit that's why we're all fucking here

American idol with cuties. Basically. You hope the music isn't bad.

I used to think the same until I watched Love Live and Idolm@ster.
For me the most fun aspect is watching the girls growing as a group and doing funny shit together. Its a shame that most idol series decide to insert DRAMA out of nowhere. Like fucking Love Live and muh 3RD YEARS ARE LEAVING.

>4 eps in and there is alread A love triangle

Easily accessible Waifus without having to deal with plots, world building, drama, male characters, etc. + music.

It's hilarious how that's just a fake anime...
it looks amazing, it's bursting with originality and creativity, it had a great opening theme, great character designs and yet...it's just a fucking gag show

>it's bursting with originality and creativity

I bet you'd put it in your 3x3, 20 titles-kun.

Why is idol pop so bad?

It's for watching the videos, not for listening to. Half assed music just like the most dance sub-genres.

It appeals to the same autistic idiots who like the manufactured, artificial shit that are real idols.
Seriously how can you even like that shit?

Because you don't need to bother making good music when you got thousands of virgins will eat up anything as long as you put some cute girls in front of them

Its cute and fun

>autistic idiots
>reeeeee stop liking what I don't like

First, you have to understand that Japanese music industry is being dominated by idol groups (i.e. Arashi, Nogizaka64, AKB48, Babymetal) which appeals to diehard salaryman who buys multiples of copies of their albums). While some otaku is into 2D (i.e. Love Live, IM@S)

some idol songs are great mang
youtube.com/watch?v=_N81b3aaVjQ

spbp

I'm a huge sufferingfag edgelord and didn't expect to like it at all, but there's something incredibly healing about a girl's pure dream of being an idol and seeing them struggle and fight hard to reach that goal.

Even cried like a little bitch to the Cinderella Girls anime (though it's mostly because I've played the games for a longer while and already had an emotional connection to the characters, I probably wouldn't have liked the anime if it weren't for that). I suppose I'm a sucker for pure intentions and people clinging onto dreams from their childhood.

I wish Cinderella Girls had more funny shit compared to OG. At least the 5komas and animated Gekijous are hilarious

Snow Halation is the greatest song ever created by mankind.