Why can't normalfags into mecha?

Why can't normalfags into mecha?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED#Reception
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because giant robots are illogical but someone throwing a ki-blast or stretching like a rubber bad arent.

Why do you make this thread so fucking often?

Tomino’s Gundam is way too political for braindead western anime fans. Japanese normalfags love it because they understand its complex appeal.

Code Geass tries to be political but it’s nothing more than superpowered mind games bullshit with a political set up.

In Gundam, Zeon is an allegory to Imperial Japan and everything that was wrong with it. Tomino is a pacifist, sadly Japanese fans still love Zeon and ignore Tomino’s point with the series, for obvious reasons. Still, they respect his views and see Gundam as an apex masterpiece drama.

Western fans only want things that pretend to be deep, no actual depth

Mecha is inherently shit.

Yet zeon is now muh samurai shit, that alone is a major spit on his face.

>Western fans only want things that pretend to be deep, no actual depth
Makes sense considering how LoGH is lauded as a masterpiece in writing.

Remember G-reco? Such a great piece of work, but western brainlets can't keep up with the masterful fast-paced, natural and subtle storytelling. To them, it's incomprehensible.

g reco had bad subs

I can’t count how many times I have seen this post. You are mentally ill and don’t even like giant robots.

the japs couldn't keep up either

regardless greco was amazing

>Gundam is deep

this but unironically

Too high intelligence for brainlets

>there are '''''anime fans''''' on this board RIGHT NOW who haven't seen Mobile Suit Gundam
what the fuck

half hour toy commercials are not really my thing

Not everyone is Toonamifag pleb

That's a sin I'll probably carry to the end of my days.
If Kircheis was here you wouldn't have the balls to say that.

The only Gundam series I have seen are SEED, SEED Destiny, 00 and Iron-Blooded Orphans
rate my taste

You need to sort yourselves out. The Original Gundam series is incredible.

At least Patlabor isn't in this image this time.

Is Shiro from 08th op or a Shinji?

Big ugly robots are fucking boring and the only way I'd watch a mecha show is if there's enough interesting stuff happening outside of the mechs

he has the power of poor writing, which manifests as the ability to dodge 125mm shells at point blank range with no hearing loss

>Being this autistic
Gee, I wonder if there could be a board dedicated to this type of media!
Oh my gosh! If only there was a solution to this problem.

>Japanese normalfags love it because they understand its complex appeal.

But Gundam only went mainstream in Japan with Seed BECAUSE this series was intentionally aimed at normalfags instead of otakus.

>According to the analyst John Oppliger of AnimeNation Gundam SEED became the first Gundam series which was widely successful not only among "Gundam fans and hardcore otaku" but also among "mainstream, casual Japanese viewers"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED#Reception

Toriyama's mecha designs are better than actual mecha designs by professional mecha designers. The absolute state of mechafags. Truth is, mecha is shit. If you're on Sup Forums then you should be talking about the 2 kings: CGDCT, or Shonen. Both are awesome while mechashit/storyshit is terrible.

Mecha and shonen aren't mutually exclusive and most mecha shows are shonen.

Oh wow, it's the weird /m/ thread on Sup Forums that sometimes gets deleted by the mods.
So, what's the reason this thread is pruned sometimes?
Is it because of some excessive shitposting by the OP across all the boards?

Becauses it's a very niche genre that focuses more on merchandising and cool factor rather than interesting characters and themes.

>interesting characters and themes
As if most anime talked about on this board actually cares about this at all.

>If you're on Sup Forums then you should be talking about shounen
Is it opposite day?

>not including Knights’ & Magic

Tomino's overt political message is also why his Gundam shows were enormously influential with mecha fans but didn't find much of an audience elsewhere. Gundam didn't go mainstream, so to speak, until SEED -- which didn't try to have any complex message in it at all.

Mecha's a little weirder than the other unrealistic stuff in anime. When characters have superpowers or magic, you accept it as part of the setting.

But the idea that ordinary war machines would be replaced by humanoid robots in particular takes a special kind of suspension of disbelief.

Make no mistake, I think mecha is great, but it's definitely has a niche aspect to its appeal.

If only Kircheis were here.

The original Gundam shows from the 70s and 80s are pretty hard to watch, honestly. They've aged atrociously.

For a purist, that means you haven't watched any Gundam at all. Those are all spin-offs set in different alternate universes.

And would benefit enormously from a remake. It looks terrible.

You tell me.

Who the fuck even watches mecha anime? Is it the same kind of fags who still watch shit like Kamen Rider past the age of 8?

Do regular anime fans like Aldnoah.Zero more than The Big O?

>tfw too inteligent to watch gundam

modern anime fans dont know about big O anymore

Who the fuck even watches anime?

nerds

Not feeling any bravery in this thread, did the hotblooded /m/en all turn into babies? wheres my gao gai gar

I wanna get into mecha, what are some good choices?

the metal ones will get you shot to pieces or crushed, but the magic ones will fuck with your head in really bad ways

i suggest staying home tbqh

There's super robot and real robot. Super robot is stuff like Gundam and Ideon. Real robot is more stuff like Patlabor and probably Votoms. Ideon and Patlabor (look up the different timelines before watching or reading it though) are both great imo. Also watch Evangelion if you haven't.

fuck be a troll

those all are normalfag anime

Aldnoah Zero is trash though.

>Remember G-reco?
yes

i watched the whole thing, waiting for it to get good

it never did

>brightly colored giant toys

Macross, Battleship Yamato and Shin Mazinger.

Thank you, I will give them a try.

On top of what said.
Ideon (be invoked) is probably in my top three /m/ anime along with Turn A Gundam and War in the Pocket.

Be sure to watch both the series and movies of patlabor, I see most people skipping the series when it really shines on it's own.

To me, sci-fi, westerns, and war movies tend to be my least favorite, so it's not a big surprise I won't like mecha.

Because it's a shit genre and the shows in that pic are the only ones worth watching.

Gundam 00 was fucking fantastic. People might tell you that you haven’t watched a real Gundam show, but at least you watched a good show.

Imagine being this retarded

Made me kek

>Chadcheis vs virgin user

I’m going to watch this. Please tell me there are memesubs.

I still need to watch the series. I kind of want to hold off if I can though until I finish the manga, which is currently slowly being translated.

Its doesnt need them, the regular ones do it just fine

Thread doesn't make any sense. If anything, it's the normalfags who like retarded giant robot shit. TTGL (along with Imaishi's other works) and Code Geass is some of the worst anime I've ever seen. It's easily the genre that has the most trash.

Besides 00, you watched the worst shows possible

It's not that they can't, the just haven't watched mecha at all so they think the ones they did are special.

OZC are fine then?

I've seen the film trilogy and thought it was pretty good

That's because it's Gundam which is fucking stupid. It shocks me there are anime fans who can stomach mecha shit.

>Gundam is deep
come on now

Patlabor needs to be there

I see some trash in this pic.

Is this a meme? All my normalfag friends like mecha exclusively. Normalfags can't into SoL.

Except shitty protagonist.

I swear every time this image gets posted, there's at least 1 different series on it.
Don't think FMP's been on it before.

Old mecha shows are mostly very slow paced, and many suffer from monster of the week encounters and pretty bad writing. Everybody should at minimum watch the Gundam 0079 trilogy movies though.

Thats why we have the movies dumbfuck

eva is not mecha.

Not this again, please

>pilots a fucking BALL and survives
Shiro is op as fuck

Gundam I liked:
-Gundam 0079
-G Gundam
-War in the Pocket

Gundam I didn't Like:
-Zeta Gundam
Turn A Gundam
Gundam SEED
Char's Counterattack

Keep me posted

The genre got past the point of saturation and modern anime fans lost preference for scifi to other things now

Sure thing friend. Leave your email in a reply and I'll send you more lists about my anime preferences.

I'm pretty sure this is the version that's always been around. I've seen one other version once or twice, but that was well after this guy started posting this one, and it was a pretty weird "updated" version (I think it had fucking Kuromukuro on there).

Why would I watch a series at the core of a genre I don't enjoy?

This. Mecha is garbage overall. The idea if giant robots fighting puts me to sleep.

>Gundam I didn't Like:
>Turn A Gundam

Cross Ange was the best mecha to come out in recent memory. Fite me

And yet you'll watch a half hour VA commercial?
Half hour BR commercial?
Half hour Event ticket commercial?
Half hour manga commercial?
Half hour VN commercial?

If we r to compare recent trash anime. Valrave is still better.

Fafner Exodus exists otherwise you'd be right.

Cross Ange was certainly the most fun but it wasn't as mech focused. Thunderbolt season 1 was the best

only if it has combat maids

Because recent one titles were really bland and boring for them or had disappointing endings (Valvrave, A/zzz)

>Half hour BR commercial?
Anime about Brazil?

>Gundam I liked:
-Season 1 IBO
-G Gundam

>Gundam I didn't Like:
SEED
Season 2 IBO

Mecha is highly militaristic and often involves a lot of talk of politics. A lot of people don't enjoy that.