>girls being dumb
>not realistic

Except for the space ninjas I think it's great

Space ninjas were anime original.
Read the manga.

>user was banned for this post

Sounds like it was too deep for you.

This is bait.

Congrats, OP, you are officially retarded. Also, while the manga is better, the anime is also quite good.

Planetes was fine
Also:
>anime
>hard sf

Havent seen recently enough, but idk I read the manga recently and have a feeling the anime did it better. Manga felt like it wanted to be more philosophical than it was

>Planetes (anime)
>Not hard sci-fi
You could argue it's more practical to have drones doing debris work but that's about the only chink in the setting's science. Especially impressive considering how soft the manga's sci-fi was.

wont lie, I heard this was a great show. 6 episodes in it turns out to be a space janitor soap opera. I'm sure I don't know what I'm missing but I feel confident that I'm not really missing it

You're not entirely wrong. Both have their merits but the more focused character study of the anime as well as giving Tanabe a much more important role tends to elevate it for a lot of people. I like the manga but its eyes are too big for its stomach when it comes to the ideas it tries to toss around. The anime was faithful to the heart of it but made knowing that a direct adaption would've been a fool's errand.

Why do people even watch anime when theyre disappointed by their expectations of it time and time again?

wtf I just started rewatching this 2 hours ago and suddenly a planetes thread pops up?

> Planetes
> realistic hard SF

It's garbage. Shit plot, shit characters. Shit everything. I should have dropped that garbage.

> rewatching
kys faggot

This

I dont even know why people think it was any special. Its just pretty for its time which isnt that hard to do given its space. Characters are poor caricatyres and plot is garbo

if only moot was here

>moot
Literally who?

>3DPD

If you saw the ninjas you've made it to Episode 7. If you can push through to 11 or 12 you'll see everything neatly tie together and smoothly stay in motion to the very end. See how you like Episode 14 as well if you make it that far.

The 'harder', more realistic you make your show, the less happens in it. Eventually you hit a point where it's nothing but closeups of talking heads and slow panning shots of machinery.

>hear Planetes is realistic hard SF
It's pretty good but completely fucks up the timescale some things happen in reality for dramatic effect

The space ninjas were great, actually.

I read the manga and have literally no clue what you’re talking about

Is the manga completely different from the anime? Which do people think is better?

I started the anime a week ago, I currently finished episode 7 of the anime (the one with Nono) and loved it. Best episode I've seen in a long time. Out of curiosity I read the first two chapters from the manga and noticed how different it was. What with Nono showing up in the second chapter. I thought the anime handled her story far better. The manga seems to be more serious considering the smaller cast and no retard Tanabe to deal with but given my first impression the anime appears to be better. The music and execution are simply far better. At least from the little I've read so far.

>loves realistic hard SF
>hates silly chicken costume villains
Try Lost Universe.

I watched this and finished it. Male MC was annoying and unrelateable. I watched Uchuu Kyodai and found that more fun. Am I basic Sup Forums?

Yes. Uchuu Kyodai, while enjoyable, is the kind of formulaic "work hard and follow lost dreams" story you see in so many genres to the point where I honestly think the story would still work even if it weren't about space at all. Planetes has way better character arcs and multiple storylines that all cohesively reinforce the show's theme, which is implied by the title "Planetes" itself.

Yeah, the anime keeps the basic elements of the story, but because it has 26 episodes, it has time to slow down the pacing, introduce new characters and storyline-focuses. Personally, I think the manga is too short for its own good because I feel like a lot of the plot/character development just happens way too fast. The manga does have more stuff on Fee, which is nice though.

At least Lost Universe was unironically good unlike Planetes

Don't be talking shit about my waifu

Planetes was AWESOME it's one of the most realistic sci-fi Productions I know about.

the girl was believable, the politics was not

>Girl who falls for 4/10 is believable

Anime is garbage, read the manga instead

lol what? she was like a 6 and he was elite and went on that journey to wherever.
but that's beside the point.

in a better age you would have been banned

Yotsuba can get fucked by a big fat horsecock :^)

Also Moonlight Mile for more manly near-space antics.

You did good.I don't know about the anime, but it can't be better than the extremelly overrated manga.

Fuck you, manga is great

Planetes is the one anime liked by everyone on Sup Forums. Or else.