So I've never seen, or read Dragon Ball Z

So I've never seen, or read Dragon Ball Z.

Is it worth watching or is most of the love for it nostalgia? Is the manga better, or should I watch Dragon Ball Kai?

It's burgers meme since they had only Z adaptation in US. Original Dragon Ball was better.

The manga is definitely better

Read the manga. You'll skip out on the filler bullshit. If you must watch this animated, watch Kai.

The same applies for Dragon Ball. Read the manga over watching the anime.

you should kill yourself

its for kids

What's Dragon Ball Z? Everyone knows the series ended after goku defeated the reincarnation of king piccolo after training with kami.

Don't watch it. It's literally only good if you watch as your first anime or grew up with it.

It's too late to get the true joy of Dragonball; having the friend that is TOO into it and playing imported PS1 games with movie and GT characters in 1999 when they're still dubbing the Namek arc.
Shit was confusing.

The manga is genuinely a masterpiece. There is a reason it got so popular in the first place. Anime is very good since the manga events are fully covered, but the fillers are generally poor. You can go with Kai if you genuinely don't want to go the manga way as your own personal preference.

The anime is shit, the manga is definitely worth reading. It's TIGHT, charming, and the fights are good.

Watch Dragon Ball before Z

oh and skip filler in both series

Watch dragon ball,then dragon ball z,after that watch all the specials and movies,dragon ball gt(special) then read the manga,watch kai and then super

Overrated shit

>watch all the specials and movies, ,dragon ball gt(special)
those arent very good

okay I started reading it, the art is actually really nice, I thought Toriyama's style looked bad animated but in the manga I kind of like it

There is no "Z" in the manga, just read that.

you cant skip filler in dragonball
its made in such a way that the filler is tied to the plot progression with filler characters taking part in canon events. skipping the filler in this case actually results in confusion. dbz is different though.

This. DBZ is the ultimate nostalgia trip, which is why it gets a pass, but it's pretty much responsible for half of the stereotypes that exist about anime in the west. Dragon Ball is much more interesting to watch.

It's absolute garbage by today's standards and not worth your time at all. Literally the embodiment of all the worst shounen tropes. Prime example of nostalgia faggotry.

>You can go with Kai if you genuinely don't want to go the manga way as your own personal preference.

What does that fucking mean ?

it means if you're adverse to reading manga for whatever reason you can just watch kai as a substitute

Always read the manga

Read the manga, its really good.

is goku a pimp

I read and loved the 42 volumes of DB when I was a kid and I've re-read them many times since. I have never really tried the anime because I watched like half an episode a long time ago and couldn't stand their voices and the pace of the dialogue (too slow).

Should I try it or just stick to the manga?

I can add onto this that there's a shitload of characters I've seen (even before super) that I don't recognize. It has kind of made me curious to find out who they are.

Broly for example was in a DB game I liked, and you could transform into SS4 with goku which was weird.