Is this the best moment in the entire Dragon Ball franchise?

Is this the best moment in the entire Dragon Ball franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kz0HONneZmc
youtube.com/watch?v=gb6LVmDC9ko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

What is then, fag?

foot kamehameha

Why ask if you will call the very first person to disagree a fag?

I'm open to discussion. "No" isnt a very good argument

My favorite is when Goku goes SSJ3, with the English soundtrack though. That was some powerful shit.
Yeah, King Piccolo might be next.
I also love when his tail grows back while fighting Giran. Maybe also when everyone is offering their power to the spirit bomb at the end of the series.

Can't really think of much else that would be a contender for a best moment though. Lots of good little moments, like a lot of his fight with Jackie Chun, and with Krillin.

>I am a newfag and should lurk more

fag

Fair enough. And I expected your question in return, but without the fag part. Not that I was surprised or upset, really, this is the internet.

Anyway, while it is a really awesome moment, personally I wouldn't single it out as the greatest. There were scenes in the originals, Z, movies and even Super that are on par with it in my opinion.

In the original the last tournament had a few moments like that, especially against young Picolo.
In Z you have the first SSJ transformation, Vegeta sacrifices, Vegito and more.
In movie 12 you have Gogeta, in Battle of Gods Vegita suddenly pressuring Beerus.
In Super in the tournament there have been some really nice moments, for example Ultra Instinct, but some others as well.

It's all subjective though, of course. Personally I usually don't have favorites in anything, because I appriciate different things for their own charm.

Always with insufferable, overly defensive stuck up faggots like you. It's a fucking discussion thread for people to express different viewpoints, of course there's fucking subjectivity to it you daft cunt. Some people are better at substantiating their views than other, which makes their opinions have a higher degree of objectivity. Stop throwing this fucking word around like some limpwristed faggot as some kind of defensive mechanism when you're too scared of your opinions being challenged. Jesus fucking Christ this shit is obnoxious.

Personally I hate the first SSJ3 transformation, it is a prime example of how bad the anime got after timeskip when Goku had Gohan, aka DBZ. An obsession on new forms and power increases to solve everything, the screaming, it was dragged out waaaaaay too long, and so on

Yes.

DBZ was trying to recreate this, with mixed results.

Yeah I can understand that. I like the screaming and how long it goes though, it really feels like Goku was really putting his all into it. Everyone going crazy over it and it shattering the buildings and shaking everything was great, and then the ending with that little symbolic thing with him trying back into a child and the oozaru form. Then the form is actually pretty different with the hair. The music also was a big factor. It just feels like a lot went into the scene to make it really feel like hours biggest and most powerful transformation. Which it was.
Also I like the exchange before, the "Trust me, you're going to love this". I like the little times he's kinda cocky since he became an adult in Dragonball.

It's kinda a disservice to say it's an example of the anime's reliance on new forms and powerups though, since in the end SSJ3 doesnt actually do anything. And the limt of its usage because of the amount of power it uses and how he can only use it in otherworld is pretty good. To be honest the whole culmination of the Buu Saga goes against that, since they dont beat Kid Buu with a new form or powerup.

Yeah the SSJ3 transformation was pretty fucking awesome. Even in the manga

Yeah, pretty much.

Death of Vegeta after final flash. I stopped watching DBZ after that. It can't be topped

Final Attonement

everything about this mini arc was gold. prove me wrong.

Pick any:
Goku sacrifice against Cell
Gohan going SSJ2
Any moment where Majin Vegeta was onscreen

golden taste

There was nothing like this.

>amerifat dub

Unironically this

Gohan vs Cell.

Tambourine killing krillin
Shit got real fast after that

youtube.com/watch?v=Kz0HONneZmc

Anyone who disagrees is a faggot and a triple nigger

Why did Gohan care so much about 16? Have they even talked before?

because 16 was a good guy who loved earth and it's flora and fauna

youtube.com/watch?v=gb6LVmDC9ko

Is there anything worse than a triple nigger?

It was because of what 16 said which was the final part of Gohan's development as a character. He had always disliked violence and even though he would fight, he would resist it even subconciously.

16 explains that it's ok to fight to protect peace and loved ones, etc and then Cell murders him ruthlessly as he also tortures everyone else.

At that moment Gohan finally snaps and he finally unleashes the hidden potential that had been hyped since Radditz.

It's close OP, but I think Goku's first Super Saiyan transformation tops it. The foreshadowing of the mythical Super Saiyan throughout the arc and the complete hopelessness of absolutely everyone else trying to fight Freeza are what really sell it, and the scene does a great job of portraying the otherwise laid-back and fun loving Goku as truly being at the end of his rope. I'd place Goku killing King Picollo as a close but definitive second.

I agree, I've always had a soft spot for SS3 and wish that it didn't turn out to be such a useless form. I especially like that it was presented as this mysterious knowledge that Goku brought back from the afterlife. It's the sort of thing that only someone who's traveled the cosmos and beyond could really achieve, because a mortal body just straight-up can't handle that level of training. The fact that it showed up after Majin Buu had been built up as this ludicrously unstoppable juggernaut really gave it some extra impact, too, although that was sort of ruined by the rest of the arc introducing a bunch of characters who repeatedly punk him and only lose due to circumstance or their own stupidity (Gotenks, Mystic Gohan, Vegito, and later SS3 Goku himself against Kid Buu).