What does Sup Forums think of Patlabor?

What does Sup Forums think of Patlabor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9UtUzjUA5Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I only think about it because they keep talking about in the koi wa ameagari threads.

The tomato is one of the movies always bothered me

Gotoh = best character ever created

Its great. 2nd movie is the best.

Gotoh had a hard life

>that episode

It has some of my favorite comedic episodes of any anime. Oshii can be really funny when he feels like it.

Some of the best SoL moments in anime.

this

Haven't watched the anime yet but I love both movies and the OVA is great too. Currently reading the manga too as it's translated.

The tomatoes were to show that Noa was listening to what was being talked about at those points. So she knew about the virus and everything. That's why Asuma confronted her about it on the "date".

It’s good comfy fun, but quite overrated by mecha enthusiasts. I say this as a mecha fan myself.

One of my favorites

damn, that dude looks pretty smug

Characters and setting are really good. But plot can be a little bit boring and bizarre at some places. (At least in OVAs, have to watch TV series to the end).
Also Noa is really likable tomboy.

I think Goto needs to confess to and date Tachibana.

It's too bad the manager only looks like Gotoh, would be much improved if he had his exact personality.

There's a new anime project being worked on right now called EZY. Hopefully it's good whenever it actually come out.

Man I miss watching Patlabor

Kanuka a best

Kanuka a SHIT

I like the OVAs and love the first two movies. The third movie is weak, minipato is meh, and the TV series is not that good. Some decent episodes, but it sort of kept getting gradually worse.

no u

Noa is perfection.

>The third movie is weak

This is how I know you're a pleb.

>Whiteknighting a small criticism of the third movie
That is peak plebshit

I can't believe Gotoh resigned to work as a manager at family restaurant.

>The third movie is weak
I wish I lived in the superior timeline where anime is so mindblowingly amazing that WXIII appears weak.

The third movie is apparently based on an arc from the manga.

I haven't watched it but you guys saying it's really good makes me more inclined to. I heard that the Patlabor characters are barely in it though. About how much screentime do they have?

fucking god bless america

It's complete shit except for WXIII

5 minutes

Is today opposite day?

Is the ON TELEVISION series worth watching?

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9UtUzjUA5Q

New season never

TV series is my favorite SoL honestly

noa a cute!

see
Don't know if it's a new series but it's the most likely I think.

3dcg

What kind of name for a dog is Alphonse anyways?
Awesome.
Bummer.

I hope not. At least I don't think there's enough info about it right now to know if it is or not.

It has the best version of the characters without a doubt, but there are a few weak filler episodes.

Did anyone watch the live action? It looked terrible.

COMBATO

Shiba Inu probably

Hated the movies, especially the second one. Let's take a light hearted comedy remove all of it's characters but one, at least the best one, and make it drab and depressing. The only good thing abot it is the cinematography.

That's Oshii for ya.

movie 1 > movie 2

It was never subbed beyond the first episode but I don't think we're missing much. Looked like a less charming and weirdly, more 'anime-y' retread of OVA1 and manga stories.

The manga, OVA, anime, and first movie were all made within a year of each other. They're different mediums with different focus and different timelines. Even the last two episodes of the OVA were going more towards the tone of the second movie iirc.

They're both good and do some things better than the other. The second movie is really dense though and it's one of the few anime related things I've had trouble following the subtitles for.

It is loosely based on an arc of the manga. The movie has original characters who steal the spotlight from Noa and the others. It also adds hard-boiled clichés and a sob story which contrast with the more light-hearted tone of manga.
I liked it but it's certainly very different from the Oshii movies. If you watch it expecting a B movie you'll have a really good time.

It'd be a fine monster movie if it didn't have 'Patlabor 3' in the title.

top kek

I got so into the tv series I didn't even realise I was watching the last episode when I finished it.
Then realization hit and it was sad times. One of the all-time-greats of anime Patlabor.

Haven't had a chance to watch the movies though. Some day.

>It'd be a fine monster movie if it didn't have 'Patlabor 3' in the title.
The plot is similar to a Godzilla movie.

Patlabor is the perfect series, it has literally everything: comedy, sol, mecha, drama, political thriller, supernatural, monster

Probably only missing magical girls

Your opinions are terrible. If you don't think the maintenance team preparing for sortie and not-Gotoh's negotiation's skills are the hypest shit you can get the fuck out of my face.

>tfw Goto is cucked by Shinobu in Patlabor movie 2 because Oshii was a shinobufags and the central plot was around her.

>American
>Looks more japanese/asian than others charcaters
Also Wong and his assistent were the only looking asians in the show.
The movies still in my backlog
Also the live action has episodes being a homenage for anime and a direct sequel for the second movie.

Best. Also her debut episodes in both series were the best.

Almost 30 years and dont have another show with a cool tomboy like Noa.

The main problem is the cast acting as the original cast and no giving new personalities. Fucking NotGoto, notNoa.