I liked this series more when it called Evangelion, Diebuster, Eureka Seven and Star Driver

I liked this series more when it called Evangelion, Diebuster, Eureka Seven and Star Driver

All of those are good, though.

Why is Tauburn blue now?

Why did all those older shows have better animation and art than this?

Nostalgia goggles

I could post some webms but you can just take a trip to sakugabooru and check it out yourself.

don't forget Aquarion

I liked OP more when he was less of a faggot.

no one said they weren't

Pilot, hangar, scrap

>when you're mecha is about to drop the hottest mixtape of all time

>this show is like a half-dozen different shows in certain ways
Is this supposed to be a complaint?

I want to fuck the bots!

i liked it better when the mc wasnt literally a cuck

I don't know. What would happen if you threw chocolate, raspberries, mint, curry, pizza and natto in a blender and mixed it all together?

Please explain how that applies to this show, because it seems pretty coherent to me so far.

Is this the new Guilty Crown

Here we go again

>Episode 1 showed they could be with each other.
>Episode 2 showed Hiro can't be with anyone else.
>Episode 3 showed 02 can't be with anyone else.

It's pretty fucking simple.

To elaborate on Episode 1
>Introduction of the the MC and the Heroine, how they met. Hiro's current problem of not being able to pilot and 002's problem is that she kills her partners and how those problem are solved by partnering with each other.
Episode 2
>Introduction and characterization of Ichigo, her somewhat obvious feelings for the MC. Then shows her being jelous of 002 and wanted to show that she can actually be a partner of Hiro too which obviously failed HARD with the expense of he first kiss to him amounting to nothing. Shows that Hiro is incompatible with other girls except 002. Also gave Goro some characterization as a bro of Hiro and Zorome as a bratty prick
Episode 3
>Introduction of Mitsumi and characterizing him as a smug guy that wanted to one-up Hiro by proving he can be a better partner of 002 than Hiro. Also some little world building(the tube used to harvers M.E) plot hints(Plantation 13 Parasites was once wiped out) and potential foreshadowing(talk about getting away from this "bird cage"). Ends with cementing the fact that 002 do heavily damages her partners and that only Hiro could be her real partner(Darling)

when it comes to thread spam I guess

Euraka 7 looks worse (still a great anime, but still. Franxx looks better)

We already knew 02 couldn't be with anyone else without hurting or killing him.

Eureka Seven was unwatchable.

i hope it gets better from here friend, but ep2 and 3 were not the best

But now its confirmed for the mc and now hes gotta lube his boipussy for his waifu.

Literally a FranXXenstein of anime right? haha

So is this.

It's nothing like those shows though, all of these are fleshed out in some way, this one is really barebones. Not even on a robot design level. These robots are all ugly and dumb looking.

>those are the only mecha show's I've seen

Because the artists poured their souls/were allowed to pour their souls into the work.

Do you really think that's true? Evangelion's direction is fantastic. The way shots are handled shows complete mastery of the craft.

>Episode 1 showed 02 can't be with anyone else, and that she can be with Hiro.
>Episode 2 showed that Hiro can't be with anyone else.
>Episode 3 showed that Hiro is a faggot.

Yeah, not much shading and the colours are dull. Still much more stylish and better animated though.

I liked those better when they were called Ultraman, Gunbuster, Vifam and Yuusha Raideen respectively.

Haters gonna hate. Sorry your favorite show isn't more popular.

OP is a fool, he forgot Gurren Lagann.

I've seen people make this "E7 is a Vifam ripoff" argument before, and right now I'm about halfway through Vifam and I'm really not seeing it, aside from "there's a green-haired girl who turns out to be an alien." Katya's a very different character from Eureka, there's very little romance, and so far it's mostly been them trying to survive and having minor mental breakdowns. It's a good show, but the similarities are pretty minor.

It's grasping at superficial similarities to mock OP. I don't actually believe Star Driver is like Yuusha Raideen in any way other than being FABULOUS either.
Also props for taking the time to watch Vifam, it's a great show.

this
eva visuals age like stars

>people getting this upset over the whole "cuck" thing even though the episode ended up affirming Hiro's place in the story

Those are some god awful mecha designs.

When did it call them?

the story went funneling into something more subjective, aside of that, kinda liked watching Gad Guard

This is some god awful taste.

the mech designs are the only things that stand out to me in this series

I hope it does. Was disappointed with this 2 and 3.

Would this get as much threads every day if it didn't sell on TRIGGER's name? Doubt it.

FUCK I can't believe I finally realized why that pink robot looked so familiar. It looks like tycho's robot from diebuster.

>but you can just take a trip to sakugabooru and check it out yourself.
If I wanted to read a reddit blog, I would be on reddit. You can go instead.

E7 wasn't

E7 was ok. E7Ao was awful.

i honestly like the mech designs but not as pilotable mechs. This should have just been a show about cute robot girls doing cute robot things

>Previous pilot literally died in front of him
>Still thinks it's safe for anyone else other than him to pilot with 02
>Still acts surprise when Nana ordered to retrieve Strelizia
How thick can the MCHeroine be?

Upload brains of girls into giant robots to fight aliens. They try to act like normal girls when not fighting.

I'd watch it.

I liked it better when it was called daimedaler

hopefully

it's not a trainwreck, yet

Hopefully it ends up being more useful than Tycho was

combined

Would they have no human bodies anymore or would they be temporarily uploaded to the robots for missions?

DITF holds a lot of promise but I don't think it's close to either of Eva, Diebuster, or E7 yet. Definitely better than Star Driver so far though.

Episode 1 only established her reputation of partner killer, which didn't exlude the possibility of other parasites being able to sync with her, or in therms of relationship, her finding someone else she likes an can relate to.
By having Mitsuru getting broken in ep 3, they made every character aware that the only pilot possible for Strelizia is Hiro and that him and 02 are the only one for each other. Having that established clearly and early was needed so the story can build on that foundation.

This guy gets it. And it wasn't only about Hiro and 002 either. The other characters also have their issues they have to work through. What happened with Mitsuru will serve as a trigger for him to trust Ikuno more in the future and be faithful to her.

Strelizia is a test of fidelity. No unfaithful prick can ride her and leave unscathed.

>Strelitzia
>A common name of the genus is bird of paradise flower / plant, because of a resemblance of its flowers to birds-of-paradise.
>The bird of paradise represents faithfulness, love, and thoughtfulness
>The 9th wedding anniversary for a married couple
>Freedom and the ability to travel, due to the flower’s resemblance to birds in flight
>Magnificence, excellence and success
>Joy through challenges and successes alike
>Faithfulness in romantic relationships
>Optimism towards the future

Hiro got the memo now.

Their original bodies are lost though so theyre stuck as robots forever. And it should be kind of like fafner where the adults are doing their best to make their lives seem normal in between the fighting despite the fact that theyre now robots

/threadly reminder_____________

No. 02 can easily ride with anyone as long as she holds back a little.

Holding back in a combat situation is a bad idea.
We've also seen from the other mechs that the sync beween the partners is essential to being effective when piloting. When the focus shifts to the ennemies, the relationships between the pilots will be what comes into play to be able to defeat them. Having established Hiro and 02 relationship that way allows to focus on it without asking wether switching partners would be a better option when shit gets really bad, as we've seen it wouldn't work for either.

002 can ride the mecha alone. All pistils seem to have that ability, it's just that it's either very damaging or they risk going berserk.

The pink one is about the dumbest mecha design I've ever seen since Nobunaga the fool

Finally, a Medabots reboot

>Eureka 7
>the colours are dull

Medabee looks like he'd fit in with this crowd

I just realized that Strelitzia's horn is straight from LED Mirage

>zero ni
>0 ni
>oni
was too slow to catch on to that

the mcs design needs to be retired for all eternity

Pilot pink, hangar blue scrap black

Yes, shows have influences. You should get over it now before you get too old and cranky about it because it'll get really bad when your generation takes over and starts making really, really shitty shows influenced by what you loved as a kid.

Ahah! I see you also recognized the homage being paid to the history of mecha anime in Darling in the FranXX! Did you also happen to catch that there's quite a bit of mahou shoujo reference as well? I would also like to add that I enjoyed your witty commentary on the shows quality; what a unique and original way to critique something! I can honestly say that I've never encountered something quite like it before; a biting, cynical sarcasm combined with elucidating wit and charm. What a guy you must be in person.

it isn't a particularly good thing when all you can see in something is what came before

TTGL is just a clusterfuck of Super Robot shows and eternal newfags suck its dick immensely.

gets a pass for being their first

hard to blame them really

Anyone remember all the jealousy and NTR shit in Eureka 7?

I started watching Star Driver
What the fuck did just happen?
It looks gorgeous though

>food analogy
Literally
Need to
Go back

>E7 AO
>Ray won and Dewey was right

I remember the shower scene with the blond kid turning me gay

Star Driver's action scenes would still be top notch nowadays.

TTGL did it better than it's trailblazers.

Not really. The thing that separates TTGL from the rest is the famous Imaishi pace (which also shrinks the series down considerably as no one ever remembers the slow episodes, or wants to forget they exist) and if that's all you want, Kill La Kill is several times better because it never jumps on the breaks like TTGL does several times throughout.

I still haven't watched E7
Is AO the one that everyone hates because of some kids or something like that?

Episode 3 served more to characterize mister and give us insight on his relation to hiro, it;ll also be used to let us know what exactly happens in the cockpit when mitsuru wakes up and has flashbacks, to what just happened.

In addition to more world building, showing how the mechs work when taking damage, or how they get harder to control when the pistil/stamen can't focus, and a bunch of little things like that.

What is this meme, these episode have been far better then the first 1 which quite frankly didn't do the best job selling the show. Episode 2 did definitely.
Just because the plot didn't jump the gun right out of the gate doesn't mean these 2 episode where of lower quality(objectively they have been better).
It's a continuous narrative, not episodic and what you're implying has no actual barring.

Anyone can post a few clips of sakuga from an old anime, doesn't change the fact that franxx has overall better animation, shot composition and consistency then everything OP mentioned.

>nowadays
It only has been seven years.

AO is just an overall clusterfuck of a sequel that most people try to forget.

I don´t see anything wrong with that robot.

Holy shit user, you couldn't have made it more obvious that you haven't seen anything in the OP.

Name a dumber mecha design than the pink one in the OP.

underrated