So Sup Forums which "Classic" Shounen Jump property has the best team?

So Sup Forums which "Classic" Shounen Jump property has the best team?

Power wise, Dynamic Wise or just likeable characters.

>Bleach is now a classic
What the fuck.

One Piece, because nobody can tell whether or not I'm serious if I say it.

One Piece has the most fleshed out Characters, gimmicks and has very creative fights.

Classic is in quotation marks because I just chose the series casuals would most likely recognise

YYH

HxH barely has a team, more like a group of disfunctionals that happen to be sorta friends.

>No Shaman King, Rurouni Kenshin or D.Gray-man

>stardust crusaders
meh
>dragon ball z
literally there just to job to goku
>bleach
irredeemable trash
>yu yu hakusho
overrall favorite group of primary characters, were all stylish, had good chemistry, and originated a lot of shonen tropes for better or worse
>naruto
probably the strongest cast of supporting secondary characters in any shonen before they got sidelined into the trash
>one piece
best world building in any shonen and all extremely likeable main cast before they became somewhat flanderizations of themselves in timeskip
>hunter x hunter
the other three picked up where gon was lacking in personality i guess

in one piece at least eveyone has his role and individual dreams, HxH a bit to an extent but less dinamic between them

the rest are just the gary stu MC, the rival and the eternal jobbers

dunno about jojo tho

in terms of power dragon ball obviously

YYH

>there are people like that on Sup Forums posting right now
and you're not even right

Does Rurouni have a team? Never watched it.

Same for D. Gray Man and Shaman King

>does shaman king have a team
oh bUUOOOOOOYYYYIIIAAAA

>Does Rurouni have a team?

yeah, kenshin and useless jobbers

Of course, they all do. Also forgot to mention FMA, though supporting characters in this one are not really working with MC all the time, actually there are a lot of factions that interacting with each other through out the manga and doing so sometimes absolutely chaotically, so it's hard to call it a team or a crew, way too many characters.
>Saito and Aoshi are jobbers
Yeah, right.

Strawhats by far have the most personality

yyh is the only one I like all team members

Full Metal Alchemist is Shonen not Shounen Jump

One Piece's crew dynamic really helps sell the value of every member of the team, regardless of their importance to the story or skill in battle, and that's something I really appreciate. They feel like a family more than any other group of shonen protagonists, and I've never gotten the feeling that a character has outlived their usefulness to the story like in Naruto, Bleach or Dragon Ball. The length of One Piece makes them feel a lot more fleshed out too.

It does have a problem with size though. Now that the crew has 11 members Oda's clearly struggling with screen time, and some of the Straw Hats have turned into caricatures of themselves over the years. It's hit Franky and Chopper the worst. Brook, Sanji and Nami recently got better though, so hopefully those problems will be addressed over time.

Yu Yu Hakusho is probably the most well rounded group of that selection, since its cast is pretty small and the mangas run was relatively short compared to the others. It's basically the opposite of One Piece in that regard.

Why do all of them have Vegetta's?

I.e. a character who started out as a bad guy and became part of the main team?

The easiest way for them to be redeemed is to have them have some sort of moral relevance in a story.

Frankie's going to have a big part whenever the Vegapunk Arc starts.

Chopper needs something more. I think he needs an Usopp moment where he considers quitting the team. I think it will have to do with his nature as a Doctor and wanting to help people. Maybe he finds a new batch of people who have a sickness in their heart but he goes Hiraluck and tries to cure it while the others just want to take them down.

Who is the HxH Vegeta?

Killua he was constantly shifting between Good and Bad during the Exam and his entire story is about rejecting being the Bad Guy and his evil roots.

If not for his friendship with Gon he would've been your average Vegeta but because of HxH subversion of Shounen he took a different route.

aoshi yes

saito is not part of the team, more like his rival

You say Bleach is irredeemable trash and yet you say Naruto is better?

Fuck off. Naruto retconned so hard in the time skip that the majority of that manga timeskip was awful. Fully made me give up any form of admiration for the series and made me say “FUCK IT I’M GOING TO BLEACH!!!”

Pain Arc was the breaking point.

Yeah, I think some members just need a chance to develop as characters. The issues Franky and Chopper have is that they've stagnated since the start of the timeskip. Like, OP General loves to make jokes about how "Year of Sanji" was mostly him crying and baking a cake, but he's in a way better place now as a character than he was in Fishman Island or Punk Hazard.

I figured Zou would be Chopper's time to shine but it never happened.

Uryu isn’t a Vegeta though. Grimmjow fits that better. And even then it would not have worked given how he never became a good guy.

So it's Killua because he wasn't, but he should have been if not for the subversive nature of HxH.

Fair enough.

I was thinking Red Haired Guy with the monkey. Forget his name.

Uryu's a rival.

Are you talking about Renji? I guess that would work better

This, YYH had more likable characters than HxH, even if they aren't as dynamic. They actually function more as a team anyways.

>No Jojo Faggotry
You're not Sup Forums

What kind of drug are you taking ?
Naruto is by far the worse of them all from decent (while copying hxh) to me how to absolute trash. Bleach peaked very high early and had an arc you could consider as classic before turning to trash.

Since you posted a bunch of 90s-early 2000s shonen I'm just going to say Slam Dunk followed by Eyeshield 21.
Yes, the team sports series have the best main teams. Surprising amiright? They also tend to make less of the player characters jobbers and center around forming a perfect team in the first place.

Bleach has at least 3 arcs in part one that are good, while it’s part 2 is a 50/50 split in the arcs.

Thanks for being controversial my friend. None of us are still going to read/watch your homolust shit.

Apologies, I'll never mention any series that aren't copying dbz is ever again.

But your series copy DBZ more than the others

Definitely YYH, could watch them do anything.

How so? I don't disagree that sports series are extremely tropey to grant early on, which just made it more baffling to me that my tropey genre isn't allowed but yours is, and that I'm contrarian for liking them.

Yu Yu Hakusho team is amazing.