It was supposed to be the next diebuster. what went so wrong?

It was supposed to be the next diebuster. what went so wrong?

It was turned into a YA fuckdrama for faggots.

The show about mech suits powered by sex got written by a guy who thought it was deep and wanted the story to be tasteful. Rather than giving it the tone of gurren lagann or kill la kill or as you said die buster, it became something with the tone of a gundam series. Which would be fine, becuase gundam (the original is the only one I have seen, so that’s my point of reference) is made with stupid shit like the lake scene, and doesn’t try to mix trigger comedy into the story, only leaving human drama and robot fights. (Perhaps a better example for the serious anime would be legend of the galactic hero’s, but I’m not retyping this)

Isn’t made with stupid shit, not is. Sorry, mistyped.

fuck off you make-believe anime expert, you have no idea what youre talking about.

my feelings aswell
I was expecting nudity and fan service but in a diebuster way not this melodrama shit

Im no expert, just someone who passed the 8th grade and learned what tone is

I miss nono

The teen melodrama flags were present from the when it was first announced. Some of us just chose to ignore them.
Also
>A-1
People were greatful that trigger wasn't leading the narrative but I would honestly rather have them writing the whole thing than have Anohimita meets gurren lagann.

Comparing this to anohana or gurren lagann beyond things that happen in the anime should be a sin

Diebuster was a 6-episode series with a full-series budget. This is a 2-cour series. I don't know how high you need to be to think it was going to be remotely similar to Diebuster.

What was so good about Diebuster? It wasn't as good as Gunbuster

>A-1

Why would you want to be the next coming of something that was a poor imitation to start with?

>be nishigori, one of, maybe arguably, the best character designers in the biz.
>work on show, but get somebody else, who has never made a standout design in their life to do character design (outside of adapting existing designs for animation).
To be fair, Masayoshi tanaka probably did one of the better character design jobs in his career, but that's not saying much.

I think op meant tonally and ascetic.

Diebuster's entire plot, pacing, characters, and everything only worked precisely because it was 6 episodes. The length of a show directly influences every aspect of it. Changing Diebuster into 2 cours will completely change the show. Expecting Franxx to be like Diebuster is inane.

You can't make Diebuster with Shinji as the MC.

diebuster > gunbuster desu

No, die-buster was fun, gurren lagann like nonsense. Tone has nothing on length

diebuster and gurren lagann were quite different shows. Just because you see nothing beyond "bright colors and mecha" does not mean they're the same

They aren’t the same, and I love both, and each have unique characters that I love, but tonaly they are the same. This isn’t bad, but they are both goofy shows. Franxx could have been goofy too, but it wasn’t becuase no fun allowed when making a show about robots powered by sex apparently

they're quite different shows. TTGL is significantly more cartoonish and "goofy" than Diebuster, especially TTGL's first half.

There is no "the next Diebuster". It's just a shallow imitation. Franxx is a poor mans Diebuster, Evangelion and FLCL wrapped in a modern boring package for idiots.

Nothing. Sup Forums just went full fucking retard again.

is gunbuster 3 still happening?

with gainax in the state it's in? i hope not.

>everyone loves it
>threads get archived all day everyday
>never stop being on top page
>literally a discord server full of faggots with the only purpose of proxy reporting Darli_Fra threads because they are butthurt.

the only wrong I see is the classic contrarian fag.

Exactly.

The show is fine
Its just proving that Sup Forums consists of a bunch of autists
But thats nothing new

>Everyone loves it
No, multiple threads are being made about how bad it is you autist.

Gunbuster 3 was announced?No, they are both goofy, still fun goofy, but both are still stupid fun mecha shows with great characters, and are definitely a complete tonal opposite of something like franxx

>>everyone loves it
I fucking wish. Then nobody would have to deal with cuck apologists and NTR-fags repeating the same shit for two straight days now and generally just look like fucking retards

This is from an interview from September 2016, so if production has gone smoothly I'd think we'll hear something about it this year.

If popularity determined percentage of people who enjoy a show then I guess sao is your favorite anime

There's nothing wrong. You're just retarded.

I think it’s wonderful gainax might finally get out of their money hole. I will support this pointless sequel, so gainax can get back to making classics again

Might as well post this again. Maybe retards will stop talking about fucking NTR for at least a second.

>"Lamarck Club"
>Lamarckism (or Lamarckian inheritance) is the hypothesis that an organism can pass on characteristics that it has acquired during its lifetime to its offspring.

All of the pilots are just "engineered babies", based on a original. Numbers indicate the order in which the originals were introduced into the system, therefore lower numbers would be considered better, since they have had more versions than the higher numbers. Everytime pilot dies, they either recover the body, or take samples before the mission, and use the genetic material to grow another version. If the pilot exhibited some sort of useful anomaly during his life, it is passed onto his clones. This way they are trying to make the best possible pilots.
Perhaps the previous Hiro somehow developed resistivity to effects of Klaxosaurus blood and because of that he can pilot with 02 without getting fucked up. The "Lamarck Club" seemingly already knew that Hiro had this ability, but are unsure about how it would affect him or 02. Dr. Franxx decided to act on his own, which is why he went to Plantation 13 and brought 02 with him.

It would also explain why those unable to synch with a partner are sent back into orphanages and dissappearing: they are just removing faulty versions that are of no use and simply make another one. And reason they are completely isolated from the rest of Plantation is to make sure they don't found out they are just new versions and are therefore, to some degree, expendable. Of course, it takes time to grow a new version, but they are not going to fret when pilot drops dead, because they can just replace him (there could be some sort of accelerated aging used to speed up the process. And 02 is somehow sending this into overdrive and aging her pilots at a rapid rate)

No one cares we are discussing who autistic the people who support this shit are

all the people responsible for making gainax classics no longer work at gainax though

It's pretty formulaic at times, but the spunky dominant girl being the main this time instead of relegated to the side harem because nips are too intimidated by woman with more personality than a doll is the main positive.

Nothing, Gunbuster was shit too.

People need to admit it, Mecha anime has always been shit. Now and then you get the rare exception like Evangelion and Code Geass which is actually good, but the vast majority of mecha series are generic and predictable, have shit drama, terrible sci-fi and are shallow disposable entertainment. FranXX belongs to the shallow disposable entertainment pile but it is a masterpiece compared to the average Mecha. It is a masterpiece compared to Diebuster.

I really just want to see the name gainax on more anime. I grew up with that studio, seeing Eva and flcl when I was 14 and gurren at 16. I went through high school thinking “these plebs watch ghibli films, pff, they ain’t never seen a gainax masterpiece”(nothin on ghibli, they make masterfully films) then I found out about mal (don’t use it anymore, but still), and found out about all of these gainax shows and movies I never watched, like Nadia. You can call me a gainax fag, but I love a lot of the anime they make, and most at at least 7/10. I have a emotional attachment to gainax, and I really want to see the studio continue

Turn your neck, and if you go far enough, everything will turn black, then you will have made it to a world with mecha anime

I'M READY FOR HEALING NOW

/Thread

How? All that guy did was say that franxx is tonally inconsistent (in a convoluted way to be fair) and they guy responded saying that he is a elitist for explaining something as basic as tone.

Triggerniggers and kyanus shitters shitpost war is the only reasonthat this and VEG get any attention at all. Stop killing threads.

Trigger

A-1 pictures

>Diebuster
>Rushed as fuck two ovas with meh stoy
Im glad Franxx wont be like that

There is no next Diebuster, faggot

just to add another board in the whole crossboarding shit(posting)
does this series show us, how slaanesh titans are piloted

wait for the actual trigger episodes before judging that, I'm hoping for the best

I love how almost nobody cared about FranXX before it aired, and anons were calling it the new Re:creators. Now that it's popular I see people acting like it was supposed to be the second coming of Evangelion, just to shit on it harder for not meeting expectations they didn't have in the firsf place.

Trigger just leave the mecha shows to Gainax, you guys suck at it. Go back to doing CGDCTs.

>it became something with the tone of a gundam series
What? It's closer to gundam tone's sure but it's not gundam' tone. If anything it's early eva's tone

>judging a show and comparing it to some of the most seminal works in the genre when only four episodes have aired so far

Nothing

>wrong
It's went right, Diebuster was boring piece of garbage.

>implying Diebuster was good

Three. Out of at least 22.

Because it's literally nothing like Diebuster, actually it's literally nothing but cheap bait for desperate virgin shippers.

i understand your feeling my nigga, watching the GAINAX logo before the beginning of the series always gives me chills. But Gainax is dead now.

thanks user.

Hey Faggots,
My name is Zero Two, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid butt pictures. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any ass? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take it to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to fake asses in training mechas.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. What mechas do you pilot? Instead you jerk off to gundam girls with tight asses. I also get straight A’s, and have a banging hot darling (He just piloted me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: „It’s me and my darling"

>yfw five more days of NTR posting

I wonder how Gunbuster would've been if it had been a 24-episode anime

There is literally nothing wrong with nu-Gainax.

You won't understand anything about the Lamarck Club until you work out which ape mask corresponds to which opinion.

Cuckbois

Nothing so far.

But it feels like Diebuster.

No. No it doesn’t. That’s like saying gurren lagann feels like eva

>It was supposed to be the next diebuster.

You mean TTGL?

It's Gunbuster -> Diebuster --(add GR:Armageddon)--> TTGL.

What a dumb comparison. Maybe you should re-watch Diebuster. It only goes ham in episode 4.

It supposed to be ecchi mecha anime, and in my opinion it's succeeded.

>next Diebuster
>it's shit
Everything seems to be in order.

Almost all of it is just NTR shitposting and Sup Forums contrarians saying it's shit solely so they can complain about how bad Trigger is.

Seriously, that's all there is to it.

Whats going on between "her" legs?

I look forward to shitstorm that will be new FLCL. No one is hyping it and still the disappointment would be insane.

t. Narutard

Does the melodrama mean at last Sup Forums will be back to play with their action figures?

I for one like melodrama if they manage to do it well.

It is like you belive episode 4 will not deliver new shitposting material.

>>literally a discord server full of faggots with the only purpose of proxy reporting Darli_Fra threads because they are butthurt.
Is this real?

It is one ban evading Franxx shitposter spamming this meme. He's probably from IRC shitposting squad.

>Sup Forums will be back to play with their action figures?
that's not Sup Forums

but as someone from /tg/ I ask again, is this how Slaanesh knights/titans are piloted?

That's probably one of the worst weapons to fight someone.

It all went better than expected actually. The anime is blossoming into a good lesson about mutual trust and fidelity. Even the name of the main mecha, Strelitzia, is related to this. The common name of the genus is "the bird of paradise flower", because of a resemblance of its flowers to birds-of-paradise. It represents faithfulness in romantic relationships, love, and thoughtfulness. It can also signify the 9th wedding anniversary for a married couple, freedom and the ability to travel (due to the flower’s resemblance to birds in flight), magnificence, excellence and success, joy through challenges and successes alike, and optimism towards the future.
This fits right in with the themes of Gunbuster and Diebuster: never give up, persevere.

DITF has the potential to become the Greatest Love Story Ever Told.

You have been diligently reminded this in this thread as well.

I for one welcome new Eureka 7.

this tbqdesu

It became NUTBUSTER.

its sexistic, steals stuff from far better shows and takes itself serious wich is a bad combination