youtube.com/watch?v=LGz-unNi1dU
imgur.com/a/1hs2M#HBM2ubQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The lesson is, never try.

Or don't study under senile dinosaurs

Very nice Jyoji, ya got me.

He just had to PUNCH HARDER

Now he can finally dedicate his time to learning Korean

I don't know if it's me; but Ippo looks tripped out and suicidal after wasting all these years and life unfulfilled getting nowhere cuz of loser trainer.

We know.

netabare.city/archives/17686

He was cleared by the doctors. Maybe he'll be like Date and get an itch after retiring. It will be a shame if we never get to see him cross the line between humans and world-rankers that Takamura talked about.

Blocking punches with his head was not a viable long-term strategy. Who knew?

His level was too low for that. Ippo ended his decade long career without able to accomplish anything.

What did Takamura tell Ippo at the end of chapter?

So is the manga ending or what? I haven't read it in a few years now but this sounds like it'd be an incredibly disappointing ending.

>He was cleared by the doctors.
Read the fucking manga.

lesson is to either be mightymouse, woodley, or mayweather if you're going to be a fighter.

What a fucking piece of shit of a manga

Why are people saying he accomplished nothing? He was the Japanese champion and he did extremely well against the 2nd best in the world by knocking him down.

That's a lot more than most can say they've done in their lives. His own life is at stake now so he decided to help his mom with work and probably finally lose his virginity.

>Well? / What was his conclusion?
>I'm definitely at risk / but for now he said my body is healthy.
>Healthy…
>Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh…
>There were no shadows on the MRI / and the other exams were also clear.
>I'm aware that I’ve become weak to punches and my sense of distance has gotten sloppy compared to before. / After hearing that, he said that after taking some time off and allowing the damage to dissipate, there’s a chance I could return to the ring.

If there's something wrong with this translation I found or if I missed something, clear it up for me senpai.

He did say everything was clear for now. It's just that if Ippo keeps on it will be very dangerous. Realistically though even if Ippo stops for good now there's a good chance he'll start showing CTE symptoms anyway by the time he's middle aged.

well that was a waste of time,
he should've died fighting Ricardo instead of losing to some C-lister because he was too retarded to finish him off.

They finally done with Wolly?

How much time has even passed in the manga?

7-10 years

Acceptable. How old is Ippo? Is he a virgin even with his big Ippo?

Seriously, that's how this piece of shit ends? Fucking wow.

>"I can't let him face Ricardo"
>ends his career
This isn't how shounens are supposed to end.

Motherfucking Morikawa.

Fuck you George.

how are the Japs reacting to this?

I'm glad I stopped reading.

Not well

He was 16 at the start and as of the most recent fight, 1999 has just started. The manga started some time in 1989 and the timeline starts there so I assume he's aged 9 years and is 25 now, give or take. I honestly thought it was a year or so less, but yeah.

I've never read HnP but I thought Ippo was supposed to be a world class boxer, if it's true that he never accomplished anything then that's fucking depressing..

He was around 5th or 6th ranked in the world and was a long reigning Japanese National Champion who bested several other national champions.

It sure as hell wasn't nothing, but it's not a world title.

>Unnamed: Anonymous: Posted on: 2018/01/24 (Wed) 05 : 59: 37 ID: UwMzg3MjM
>As long as I declared retirement, I wonder if I will never extend my abomination any further?

Lol, Joji is getting fucking roasted.

No, the lesson is if you are going to use your face as a guard then be sure to at least train it otherwise learn how to actually guard in boxing.

Now begins the arc of underground boxing since his mom bet their fishing business on the match to the yakuza.

While it's silly that despite showing all the signs of brain damage that he doesn't actually have it at least it saves his mom and Kumi from taking care of a drooling retard after a few years, that would've been a bit too sad

But he blanks out from time to time and sometimes shakes/drops stuff. He has a delayed reaction too and find it hard to register things after it happens.

He might not have definitive signs of brain damage, but his brain is injured and it doesn't seem to be healing.

Boxing is such a dumb sport if the risks are so high.

It dates back to a time when people weren't pussies afraid of long-term consequences

>dumb sport

Real men do enjoy fighting. Some people would rather lose their life in the ring than live out their lives.

The risks aren't that high if you actually fucking block.

Joe wouldn't of retired.

This.

Watch The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke. Maybe you'll get it then.

safer than mma desu

Honestly this, I dont do boxing but i used to be a little shit that got into street fights and it was genuienly fun

Ippo's problem is 2 fold.

1) On one hand, he's literally Rocky (stallone), as a fighter, not as a character.
His entire fighting career is:

>I suck at fighting and will get the shitfuckins kicked out of me for 14 rounds

>but my magical superpower is never fucking going down amd infinite standing power, so you're gonna tire out

>I hit like a dump truck through a concrete wall, so I might only land two punches in a whole fight, but they're gonna knock you the fuck out

2) Ippo's his own worst enemy. He's literally an escapee from a harem romcom, he's keitarou from early love hina. Hes a pathetic, beta, shouganai, no ambition, no confidence, no pride, second guessing pansy. He has none of the drive, guts, attitude, desire to be stronger/the best that all the other fighters in the manga and real life have. He never thinks he 'dezerves' to win and doesnt fight for himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=KqBPe5BR1cs

and oxygen

At this point, I no longer care

Thanks George

youtube.com/watch?v=LGz-unNi1dU

FUCK KAMOGAWA!

well shit
Hope Dempsey Roll-san he doesn't have too much brain damage and manages to live the remainder of his years nicely.

Terrible, just terrible.

He got a great bitch out of it. He can now help raise the japanese population.

Someone post YAMATO DAMASHI

It actually dates back to a time when people didn't wear gloves - which ruins your face but not your brain.

Risk is what makes stuff exciting. I remember watching F1 years back and David Coulthard was talking about you can never remove 100% of the risk because even if you could, nobody would watch.

I feel the same about boxing. They should bring back the championship rounds.

The damashi is no longer yamato, user. It's over.

Jesus that's depressing.

I WANT TO DIVE LOST MIND

Why are you dumb asses spreading FUD about a manga? You invested in anti-jump and anti-Ippo crypto or something?

imgur.com/a/1hs2M#HBM2ubQ

> but Ippo looks tripped out and suicidal after wasting all these years and life unfulfilled getting nowhere cuz of loser trainer.
The fuck are you talking about?
He became Japan Champion, thats more than a LOT of the other people can say. The same goes for his rankings.
He reached a lot. Just not everything.
Thats like saying: "I wasted the entire climb, i just reached 7000m high to the Mount Everest, not the whole 8848m".

Spotted the niggers.

Agree and Pic related.

Ha! Got 'em.

Ippo should have done Pic related with his coach.

so what the series ends in a few chapters? how anti-climatic.

WHAT TREASURE YOU MORON

YOU NEVER LEARNED WHAT IT MEANT TO BE STRONG

YOU CALLED YOURSELF A FUCKING WEAKLING THE PREVIOUS PAGE, YOUR BRAIN CAN'T BE DAMAGED BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE ONE

What does that mean? Is it ending?

>Haha, the doctor said I'm still healthy guys *winks at the camera*
george pls

So did George hate his fans in the end, or did he just go completely senile?

And yet he's still turning down his girl. Something's really fucky here.

If you're adventure is over, then where's your treasure? Every adventure ends with treasure

Something that modern F1 seems to have forgotten recently with that retarded HALO thing

If it was going to end soon, it would have ended this chapter... maybe next chapter? There's nothing more to say, unless it's a dramatic perspective change to another character. Everything is wrapped up concerning Ippo besides showing him work the business.
I thought Takamura would knock some sense into him about calling himself weak and being truly happy with retiring but he seems to have let him go.

Morikawa lost the plot years ago and has just been painfully dragging it out with no clear direction. Cocktease: The manga.

Why'd you do this? I'm sad now.

>he should've died fighting Ricardo instead of losing to some C-lister because he was too retarded to finish him off.
Fucking this.

Inb4 it devolves to Rocky 5

>where is your treasure?

>if your advendrue has ended, what treasure did you get?

So what's the fucking point of this manga now?

>300 chapters of "does Ippo have CTE or not?"
>hints and unhints
>training
>fight
>lose

>now
>maybe 300 MORE chapters of "does Ippo have CTE or not?"

It's fucking 20 years, you faggot.

>He has the treasure but is too stupid to insert his key to unlock the box

People would have screamed Ashita no Joe ripoff if that happened.

What actually should have happened is him going into his own mind, while fighting the filipino, and picturing himself crossing that line that Takamura made about monsters and shit. Then when that day dream is over he is able to successfully land that stupid new dempsey roll and goes on to kill the Filipino confirming that he crossed the line and became a monster like the other world rankers. And I mean literally kill him btw.

>ALL THE POWER OF THE COYOTE'S DYNAMITE IS USELESS AGAINST THE SPEED OF THE ROADRUNNER

>he is not brain damaged proper according to tests.
>But Its apparent something is wrong so he needs time to recover properly for a "chanse" of "comeback".
Fuck its just a timeskip isnt it.

We Rocky Balboa now

Debatable

Damn, that interview is depressing but it's so real that no boxers will visit him... they know but they don't want to see.
Fucked me up but thanks for posting that.

Poor guy

WELL ITS TIME FOR A TIME SKIP

10 YEARS LATER
>Ippo marrys Kumi
>Has a kid or 2 With out splitting her in half with his cock
>Sendo, Miyata or Gonzalez is world champ
>HE CROSSES THE LINE AND BECOMES A MONSTER AND FIGHTS UP THE RANKS
>HE FIGHTS FOR THE BELT AFTER REGRETTING IT FOR YEARS IN RETIERMENT
>HE COCK SLAPS THE WORLD CHAMP OUT COLD

Jesus Christ user, how can you be so dumb as to not see how this is going to go.

>Time skip or no time skip, Ippo moves to the side-lines and becomes a supportive character, being with Kumi, etc.
>focus shifts to the other boxers
>something happens like Kamogawa/Takamura dying, or someone getting crippled in the ring
>in the meantime Ippo heals enough to be able to fight again
>he goes full on Date except with better instinct and retard strength
>Ippo goes back to being trained by someone, ideally the mystery hobo but probably Takamoora
>eventually beats whoever he has to beat, maybe at the cost of his health or maybe not

There, maybe with some slight deviations but that's more or less how it will go. Fucking hell.

Never trying professional boxing is a good lesson.

the opposite my dude

Know your limits ?

MMA is normally safer even with the kicks they rarely land on the head and when they do the fight normally ends right after.
They also grapple a lot so you are risking your body if you don't tap out but no your head/brain.
You get hit so hard that the ref will stop the fight in MMA because you can't move for a few seconds on the ground and you will get ground pounded.
In boxing you got a 10 count that means you will get up in a daze normally and be hit many more times or take a really big out that put you out.

Ippo at least went pro and won a bunch of matches. This fucking retard Meguru barely won any fights and the ones he did win were almost all by sheer luck.

And he still lost to his edgelord rival and main antagonist in the end

>brain_damage.jpg