Why is Shirou such a sexist?

Why is Shirou such a sexist?

Because pic related

How many mythological kings (female) do you feminize and turn into your woman? Oh, you are a feminist (male)? Never mind that!

that asshole needs to take lessons from based rance

It was at this point that I realized that Rin is a girl.

So he can't be called a Mary Sue like 99% of VN protagonists.
That's a proper character flaw and one of the best decisions Nasu made when writing Shirou. He also learns to respect Saber and see her as a true partner by the end of the route. Development!

He was bullshiting why he doesn't want others to suffer for his sake.

"Feminist" as an English loanword means "Casanova", "ladies' man" in Japanese. I'm wondering if the fan translators of that Rance game didn't know this but thought it was a joke anyway.

This. But all Shirou is doing is enforcing traditional gender roles which stem from male and female behavior. The fact is most men aren't comfortable with a girl being mauled in front of them. Shirou is being "sexist", but it's dumb to expect him to apologize for being a man.

So yes Shirou is stupid and wrong, but only because these aren't normal circumstances and Saber isn't exactly a normal girl.

Because Nasu was/is a hack and the Saber/Shirou romance as portrayed in the VN is ridiculously forced, by his own admission.

This is the first time I see Author that admit parts of his writing sucks

>So yes Shirou is stupid and wrong
How is he wrong to protect a 14yo girl?

Waifu2x rocks

Shirou is a hige moron who just doesn't want anyone getting hurt for him, it has little to do with Saber being a girl. Maybe the fact that Saber is a girl, does fuel his distaste her fighting for him more, it's not Shirou's core problem.

It's true that the romance is executed poorly and kinda forced in the way it was done. However the idea was not bad at all. The core issue resolving around romance with Saber is that she doesn't think of herself as a girl (for good reason). Regarding both their personalities, their ideals, their positions and the way Shirou and Saber complete each other, I think it's the best in the VN overall. Or it has the potential to be the best, if these issues can be fixed in the future. The thing is now, Saber acted to much like a girl for Shirou. It's not the fact that she fell for him, it's how she reacted to these feelings. For someone who never experienced being a girl, Saber acted like one almost instantly she fell for Shirou. Saber shouldn't change character in this case.

>How is he wrong to protect a 14yo girl?
What he did was like throwing yourself in front of your car to protect it from being hit by a train.

I-I didn't think the romance between Saber and Shirou was that bad.
Also I cried when she faded away. I've never cried to any other media.

A 14yo girl car.

The Fate Route is the only one with a actual bittersweet ending as the true ending. Even the Last episode is regarded as bittersweet.
>I-I didn't think the romance between Saber and Shirou was that bad.
It was executed poorly, the romance is the best in the VN to my opinion though

>Saber acted like one almost instantly she fell for Shirou

Did she? I recall him chasing after her for like 70% of the anime for her to fall in love with him, but then again I only saw the anime so I don't know

His purported beliefs and actions don't make sense in the context. This isn't an ordinary situation. Saber isn't just some 14 year old and Shirou wasn't really in the position to do the protecting. It's nonsensical for him to enforce some measure of normality. It's also hypocritical for him to force normality on Saber when he's not normal himself. It's their respective abnormalities that are the real issue and they come into conflict, with issues of gender roles being sort of a proxy battle.

But regardless, Shirou is still a man and Saber is still a woman and no amount of logic or illogic changes that.

It's easy to look at Shirou and call him an idiot, and I'd agree at times, but consider also his mental problems, like survivor's guilt.

A lot of his actions have basis in him feeling the people around him "deserve better" and that they matter infinitely more than he does. When shit goes down, his own well being isn't priority, which in some ways can come off as brave, but also incredibly foolish.

>the romance is the best in the VN
I guess that's what I mean (I haven't seen the adaptions of the original routes).

I got invested in those two, and those two stubborn fools finding each other and became really sad when they worked hard to win, and just had it taken away from each other. They knew it, and they did it knowing that was gonna happen.

I really want to see the cooking series they're doing, because I just want those two to be happy together, with nothing bad happening for once.

I didn't find any of the three romances to be particularly appealing (aside from Shirou's devotion to Sakura but that's only one side of the relationship), but out of the three Saber is certainly the most interesting character.

I actually enjoyed Shirou and Saber's dynamic the most in Heaven's Feel, and I'd even go so far as to say that route is where their relationship is most developed. Obviously they don't become lovers but that's part of the reason; for me there was more appeal in them interacting normally and then seeing how they regard each other when Saber becomes his enemy than in Fate route, where a good 80% of their interactions involve either Shirou being a blockhead trying to white knight her or both of them drowning in awkward sexual tension.

>I didn't find any of the three romances to be particularly appealing
Agreed, I just though the one in Fate had some potential atleast. I don't mind Shirou whiteknighting her, but I dislike Saber's reaction to her feelings. In fact knowing how Saber lived her life, I'd expect her to be more like she was in UBW and HF towards Shirou even if she developed feelings for him. I'd see her being more confused and unsure how to act around him, instead if blushing up a storm at every little touch, just like when they practiced after fighting Berserker. I'd expect to see no change in Sabers overall behaviour around Shirou. While confused with her feelings, she'd not oblivious to the fact what these feelings mean. I could eve see her asking Rin to be sure.

That wound actually healed nice and easy due to it being a purely physical attack made by a rock
it was Cu's wound that plagued her throughout Fate

a true gentleman and a symbol for all men

>sexist
a word that didn't matter when FSN was first released.