Doesnt everyone else relate to her?

Doesnt everyone else relate to her?
It's not just because I was a moron in college, right?

Im almost starting to think my thoughts on the character and show are skewed

I have autism too, user

It's not just you user, she does have an infectious joie de vie about her. I mostly just watched the show for her, and the one with the wrenches and screwdrivers. Too bad the group as a whole never shows any sustained synergy though.

That's called narcissism, user.

I relate to her because I'm also talentless.

How is an ugly middle aged man going to relate to a cute high school girl? The only thing we have in common is being retarded.

Akko is best girl as I'm sure Crunchyroll will award her.

Maybe you should get that checked out.

Why even bother hoping? It's a popularity contest among normies, that favors stuff that aired later in the year, because people have golfdish memory. Also, the people voting watch more stuff on crunchyroll than on netflix, so she has just about everything working against her. You might as well give up hope now, and save yourself the disappointment.

>Implying I actually care about what anyone involved in that gongshow declares "Best"
C'mon user.
Of course, for as much as I don't care, I'll be disproportionately and paradoxically happy in the event it does win anything.

You answered yourself. One person relating to another one's situation doesn't necesarilly has to do with both of them being the same gender or age.

>slow learner
>hard working
I know how does she feel.

is this anime like nhk?

No, it won"t depress you to that extent, but MC still manages to pull through. However, Akko's and NHK's problems are a bit different.

LWA was a huge deception
i was expecting a lot more of trigger

she's not like Satou? dropped

Not going to lie I thought initially she was younger than that

>fast learner
>never had the value of hard work instilled in me.
I feel so ashamed because i can't blame anybody but myself.

Handa's simplified designs makes them look younger, but she's 17.

You again, stop being overdramatic.

unless you're some faggot edgelord from the darkest dankest meme-dimension, she is totally relatable. she's pure hearted, determined, and optimisitc. the trials of virtue she goes through tell a great lesson, and i enjoy how they kept her more or less in character throughout of all it to show that her self belief was really the core of her growth throughout the course of the series.

I want to fukko Akko.

They parodied LWA in the new episode of Pop Team Epic?

She is portrayed as too dumb and annoying for far too much of the TV series. Nice try, though.

Atsuko Kagari. How come nobody ever made the connection? Especially with who Woodward's VA is?

>wants be the best, become worldwide famous and be loved by everyone
>doesn't want to put the slightest actual effort into it and expects life to simply go her way by acting stupidly stubborn

Most people actually relate to her, they're simply too ashamed because it's not something one would actually want to feel related to.

This should have been best female character, because we all know Amanda or Sucy would have a better shot at best girl
Ah, yes. I too am an intellectual and hate fun and determination.
Translation?
Did you even watch the show?

>Did you even watch the show?
Sure.
Most chapters are about her fucking shit up because she keeps wanting to get power the fast and easy way instead of sitting down and actually studying.
And why does she not do that? Because it's booooooring and she haaaaaates it.
In the end she actually manages because she's pretty much the "chosen one".
Diana is a much better example of actual determination an optimism, even though she acts too uptight at the start of the show, in the end it turns out she started from scratch just the same but she actually put some real effort and managed to do shit without help from anybody else.

Sounds more like you're a close minded dipshit that can't understand that there's a proper way to portray a character like Akko.

You know Akko actually does start studying later on,right?

The show is poorly written, so even before she did that, she was supposedly doing badly, but then her grades are mentioned and she was not actually doing that badly before studying.

You know just mentioning things from the story doesn't mean you have a good argument, right?

Do go on...

I don't relate to her, but I wish I was her. Not in "god I wish that were me" sense, it's just whenever she tries she fails, screams about it and tries again, when whenever I try anything I fail and then beat myself up for it for the rest of my life and avoid doing something similar again like fire. I really wish I was less of a pussy and be able to say "so what, I fucked up, I'll try again then!", very inspirational.

>later on
Yes, that's the point. She only does that as a last resort kind of thing. Throughout the series she puts enormous amounts of effort into actually finding a way to not do the one thing any sensible person would do: study.
She's the equivalent of a kid saying that he wants to become an astronaut and then when he's told he'll have to become the very best in all subjects while at the same time keeping his body in perfect physical condition he throws a fit and starts crying because why would he have to put up with that, why can't he just get on a ship and be sent to the moon because he really, really, really, really wants it.

Actually, did you watch the show? Because many of the things you have said are missing the point. She isn't the Chosen One because she's "destined to be extraordinarily powerful" or anything like that. She's the Chosen One because she's entered this world with a fresh perspective that sees the potential of magic where very few others do, with an optimism few others have, and wants to see that potential realized regardless of how much others may laugh. That's also why the words of Arctorius are important: at first, they highlight what Akko brings to this goal that others don't have, but as the series goes on, they represent what Akko doesn't have and needs to learn or receive from others.

Yeah that's the point. Eventually she has to start studying. In fact, once she realizes this, she goes all out. I don't get your objection.

Yes, but you either didn't
or worse, you're one of the many circlejerkers from the LWA general (let's not pretend that's not what those threads were, the behavior was very much like a general)

We didn't miss a point, our point is that what the series was trying to portray was held back by poor writing.

I seriously think we must not have watched the same show, man.

Not the user you're responding to, but it is possible that someone has a different opinion than you do on a show you both saw. Even when the LWA threads were constant, there were plenty of fair criticisms of the anime, along with your usual shitposting as well, not gonna deny that.

Her optimism is the most superficial and childish kind of optimism around to the point where it's actually detrimental to herself. She has the kind of optimism that you read in books saying that you can get everything you want if just by wanting it hard enough, but fail to mention that "really wanting" something implies doing shit you hate on the way through.
Sure, she had kind of a unique point of view on what to do with magic, but don't forget that it's literally stolen from somebody else and for most of the show she refuses to let go of wanting to be someone else. She saw a famous person do it then decided that she wanted exactly what that person had, before actually thinking about what she needed to do to get it.
For fucks sake, in the first chapter she literally has zero information on how the school she'll be attending works. She had made zero research on the subject of magic beforehand, expecting to simply get to school and somehow bullshit her way through by the power of optimism. What kind of person goes around with zero knowledge on their favourite thing in the world? She actually gave zero fucks about magic itself, she just wanted to be the next big thing on the world of happiness and lollipops.

Cool, then in my opinion you're a moron whose mad Akko wasn't perfect from the get go and despite her clearly working at it you found her success insulting despite her success not being just her effort but the efforts of everyone around her, the only thing Akko accomplished by herself is finally flying. You act like she got good too fast or she became magic jesus or something.

Is Akko a Marxist?

I didn't say any of that, and it sounds like the moron is you. FYI, being a close minded fanboy doesn't change people's negative opinions, it usually reinforces them. Putting words in people's mouths is a good sign that you lost the argument. Good day.

>Her optimism is the most superficial and childish
Childish yes, superficial, no. That's Akko's actual personality and her reason for loving magic and wanting to do it is because she wants to make people happy like chariot did, then it evolved from "like chariot did" to just wanting to make people happy, the ghost arc is all about that, she wasn't after the moonlight witch title anymore she wanted to help the ghost.

>ignores the fact she spent much of the first cour grinding her ass off

you're an idiot. she goes from almost no magical aptitude to being able to perform magical transformation at a beginners level in a few months despite being gimped through sheer will. she basically went through the same ordeal diana did and in less time because she worked her ass off.

if you chock up her ordeals as buffoonery rather than see her determination and commitment in the face of all her setbacks, you're likely the type of person who gives up without trying, and sees expended effort as wasted in the face of "true talent", "being chosen", and "destiny". you likely blame god or others for your sorry lot in life too, rather than your own lack of resolve and commitment. you're pathetic.

That was a different user, user.

Fucking moron. I don't care about your negativity so much as your willing desire to fool yourself into thinking you're right, if's fucking nonsense and shows you have a disgustingly huge ego for something so meaningless.

Weren't you in the threads? That stuff about the VA and references to their previous works was among the first things to be discussed. It was part of Trigger wanting to pay homage to classic mahou shoujo as much as old cartoons.

>Her optimism is the most superficial and childish kind of optimism around to the point where it's actually detrimental to herself.
>ignores akko failing over and over again, yet never giving up
>ignores the slow growth she develops because of that, and instead attributes that to being "chosen"

you're a moron. you miss the whole fucking point of the story.

>nit picks about akko not knowing howing magical girls school works

facepalm.jpg

"Just" wanting to make everyone happy is an incredibly childish thing. Happiness doesn't just happen. You can't just make people happy. She was pursuing -and to the end kept pursuing- and idillic unexistent idea of happiness as seen from the point of view of a child, were all you need to be happy is some funny fireworks.
And, look, I'm not saying she's a terrible person nor a bad character. She IS a kid afterall, and the way she views things and acts is very real. People like her are everywhere, we've all met that kind of person who wants some big things like "world peace" or "unending love" but has zero understanding on what kind of sacrifices such a thing require, or how to actually obtain it. My point here is that people should not want to become that person.

No, this is my first LWA thread actually, I only finished the show 2 days ago.

That's kind of the point. She goes in blindly seeing only the basest vision of what magic could be. The thing is, everyone else is practically speaking right to look down on her. She's lazy, she knows nothing about the world she's entering, and she has no magical talent whatsoever. But she has to learn, grow, and receive the help of the people around her to eventually see her vision out. She isn't the kind of chosen one who is destined for greatness because she's great; it precisely because she's not great and not entrenched in the world of magic that she can see it so clearly for what it can be rather than what it is. But wild dreams and fantastic expectations mean nothing without some form of grounding, which is also why she needs Luna Nova just as much as Luna Nova needs her.

Yes.

>Diana is a much better example of actual determination an optimism
Yes, so much that she quit school along the way and was resigned to magic disappearing and lose her family traditions.

>relating to a fucking retard

No wonder she is also santa, the free stuff and red colors.

Again, I think you're missing the point. She doesn't succeed until she receives grounding from the people around her and learns lessons through the words of Arctorius lessons that are essential to realizing the dream she has, but also realizing it in her way.

Why shouldn't she become that person? She's not going to just be going around doing magic shows, Akko's always eager to fix a problem and has extreme empathy towards strangers that she'd do her best to help them even at risk to her own life like with the fishes and Sucy when they first met.

Lolwut. She was pretty hated back on air.
I often felt embarrassed for her being that sloppy and silly

>in the end it turns out she started from scratch just the same but she actually put some real effort and managed to do shit without help from anybody else.
>Confirmed for watching the show, but still not using his brain
You're literally comparing a born witch from an elite and presigious witch family and a muggle from a muggle family with her only magical knowledge about magic being a kids trading card game.

I'm not undermining Diana's effort, but she was aware of her situation and had her family who had the means available for her to work her ass. She was ahead of Akko already just for thar fact.

Akko litetally lived her life as a normal teenager muggle without even being knowing something was wrong with her, despite having enough magical affinity and meeting the minimal requieriments to enter LN.

>she's pretty much the "chosen one".
Yet she needed everyone's help to save the world, to the point to have them force Diana there right at the end.

You are not wrong, but how long does that take? Not in "rel time", but in show time. She's doens't actually get shit done until the later quarter. When people say that they relate to Akko, they're including 75% of "ugh, I hate studying, it's so boring" Akko, not just the better one at the end.

Fortunately there were number of great characters I liked

>You're literally comparing a born witch from an elite and presigious witch family and a muggle from a muggle family with her only magical knowledge about magic being a kids trading card game.
It's not really comparable since in LWA world magic is well-known even for non-magic users. All she had to do was connect to a magicomputer, or use a magimobilephone or whatever those things are called and search around for a bit, how else could she have known about a magic school otherwise? Heck, in a setting like that, there's bound to be tons of books on how magic works and yadda-yadda, while as muggles literally don't even know magic exists.
It sure is a worse position than that of Diana, but once you have the info you can train, you can try, you can learn something. And yet she did none of that.

>Hannah-Barbera
>Tex AVERY
>Fat guy is wizard Chumlee
>Croix represents CGI
>Witches become trees when they die

That last one isn't true,right? That's awful, it means Akko's friends will all outlive her, even her teacher will outlive her, Holbrooke is like 150,right? Akko's a human doing magic rather than a natural born witch, she only has a human life span

You know, not even Andrew had acces to the network witches use. And you expect a little girl to get in touch with them? Sure everyone knows about magic, but magic users are mentioned from the start to look down on normal people and not share their knowledge (LN not admiting students from non magical families, and Diana's family being an extreme case of not sharing knowledge even with their fellow witches).

The message of this show is to never give up on you're dreams even if you're completely retarded, you just have to believe in you're self

Watch to the end now or you will get massive spoilers

Witches turn into trees depending on how much magic they use, I think Akko channeling the whole world's magic during the last episode must account for something.

> you're self
What kind of grammar it is? Mongolian? Blind swipe keyboard?

Reminder that this show is one of my favorite anime ever.

Is Akko a cumdodger?

They better go back to sucyworld next season.

The point of the show is that it subverts that trope.

Who said there will be next season?

She's also the best

Same
There has been a clear interest in another season from the creators

>It's not really comparable since in LWA world magic is well-known even for non-magic users.
It's not. Nothing as such was ever stated.
Unless we were talking about the Golden Age of Magic which was centuries ago.

The fact that they live among non-magical users, doesn't mean non-magical people were as exposed to magic. Magic was dying and the world went with technology, even some witches had to adapt to it, but witches in general are reclusive in the sense that they hold their own culture apart of the rest of the world, especially the elder ones, the younger ones are more open to tech, but that's mostly due to the magical crisis that was at the time. They don't share information or magical spells that freely, hell Diana's family had a set of spells that are only restricted to her family not only by values, but blood as well.

Also, Luna Nova is a hidden school, but is not a super sekrit school, it certainly a niche and selective one, though. Akko might have done a good amount of research on it, plus you're forgetting she speaks fluent english, she does lean when she puts her mind into it. However, magic isn't something that can be easily leanr in an autodidactic way and it might even be dangerous if tried.

Which lead us to one important fact you're not even considering : Not every human is able to use magic, despite them being able to produce it by belief.

She barely learned to float in her broom in the finale, so it doesn't seem to work that way.

See
Also I never did get to see those old threads, and from the description you give, I think I might be glad I didn't.

>I think Akko channeling the whole world's magic during the last episode must account for something.
I don't think that one counted.

>I don't think that one counted.
Knowing Akko's luck I'm sure it didn't.

Reminder that I love you.

I wonder if Akko ever said "I love you" to someone

I rub you too

Does this face look capable of love?

*coughs*

>Doesn't remember ep.24
Being Chariot is suffering.

Reminder that there's an user here who has a sister like this. Could you imagine having Akko as your sibling?

I'll never get why more people dont ship this

the first episode is amazing ..the rest is quite meh

B/c Sucy exists

I would molest that sister

Maybe they'd be friends.