Just finished watching this

just finished watching this

it was terrible, why was this considered a masterpiece in the 2007?

baby's first forced drama

i don't even know how could anyone consider watching an anime with an artstyle like this. looks at these ugly fucking cloned characters

The last half of After Story is the masterpiece. The rest is just the buildup.

ITT: 2008 Sup Forums

why is it called after story, when the story isn't over?

hey op were you guy who made the thread
2 days ago or whatever?

yes, that was me

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Clannad. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical metaphysics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Tomoya’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Haruki Murakami literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Clannad truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Fuuko's existential catchphrase “douzo,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Enchi’s Japanese epic The Waiting Years. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Jun Maeda’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

>why was this considered a masterpiece in the 2007?
It wasn't. However, After Story was.

yeah honestly i was into this when first saw it but i
could not finish it when i tried watching it again, but i agree afterstory is when it gets better. have you seen kanon?

The only people who didn't like Clannad are pseudoelitist neckbeards

It's literally a reverse pleb filter

This image will help you in the future, user. Take it.

Brainlet

>haruki murakami literature
Oh god my sides

very funny i will see you and op in the afterstory
thread

it's funny because it's actually true

I hated after story ending so much. I thought it was about tomoya coping with grief but then he had it easy with all those dragon ball magic realism stuff that somehow made brought the happy end. This anime is absolute horrible. It makes everything dramatic and sentimental just for the sake of it. It's drama doesn't make any sense to me at all and it's infuriating the way it takes the most dumbest dramatic route when things could've been more sensible and realistic had the writers not care that much for making stupid utsuge stuff

> without a solid grasp of theoretical metaphysics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head

Haruhi S2 when?

I'm really excited for this East of Eden anime that's coming out next year, seems like it will be great. When has noitamina ever let us down?

May be, and it's interesting now that it's mentioned, but the fact itself constitutes a mere abstruse footnote to the a fully realized translation of that influence Tomoya's character represents.

It's ok. The after story is what's good.

It gets better in shippuden.

Dozo

I told you it was shit. You should have listened. S2 is shit as well. The VN is shit but has some nice music.

Sup Forums still has mixed opinion on Clannad huh.

My only problem with Clannad is that the jokes about Sunohara trying to do some stupid shit and getting beat up became old pretty fast.

Nagisa is still shit.

I still pre-ordered her Nendo though.

>The last half of After Story is the masterpiece
It's utter shit
Okazaki & Sunohara's interactions were the best part of the anime

Hopefully soon. I love my pure Aya Hirano

she appears to like it, or she's nicked it off of Ayu from Kanon.

watch more anime

Because it's the After Story IN the visual novel, you need to play all the routes in order to get the After Story.

KIMI DAKE WOOOOO

HIDAMARI GA

>>Sup Forums

a masterpiece

>only male "friend"
>everyone treats him like he's that Keitaro faggot from Love Hina
But why? Even in the ending of his own arc nothing changed.

Fuck off ptsd fag.

>The last half of After Story is the masterpiece
Nah not even

It wasn't.

Everyone agreed that the Roach Queen was worst girl and that Kyou and Tomoyo are infinitely superior and that you should play the VN instead where you're not railroaded into the Roach Queen route.

It was a VN that had themes in it. Family, hoow things change over time. The city was a character too. I guess it's just not everyone's cup of tea.

>Made the mistake of watching the dub
>In the flashback scenes they didn’t bother making Okazaki sound remotely like a kid so he just has a grown man’s voice
Gets me every time

WATCH THE MOVIE (animated one). It's great. Nagisa has a cheerful and positive attitude. It shows things that were mentioned.