New episode today, let's see if it's good

Other urls found in this thread:

dsgstng.com/
polljunkie.com/poll/iqwpsy/osomatsu-san-thread-data
youtube.com/watch?v=dv5NyZHuHDc
youtube.com/watch?v=e45zLPt3q1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It started dsgstng.com/

No more of that Hatabou,Iyami Juice shit. please.

One more time.
polljunkie.com/poll/iqwpsy/osomatsu-san-thread-data

I'm not gonna take a poll the has "other" as a gender section, just drop it

I'd watch it if I could understand what the hell they were saying

Imashime

The poll isn’t about my personal views, it’s purpose is to understand the demographics of the people posting here. If a significant portion of people believe they are an “other” gender than that is valuable information.

Osoma!

Second part of the episode was fun.

in before raeg about AUs. Sakurai makes a good kid voice

>that first panel
Oh my fucking god this is so fucking adorable hnnngh I love suuji so much!
I mean C'mon jyushi you may as well call him onii-chan at this point

Looks like Iyami Alone in the Wind gets a remake next week.

Which means blind Totoko like the manga. Wonder if she'll be called Okiku then like in it.

Ichimatsu episode was the Ichi quota for a while but it was pretty good.

I know this meme is outdated but I thought it was funny nonetheless

>Iyami cucks Jyushimatsu out of an episode
Not an iyamifucker, but nice. Let Jyushimatsu get a break from the farting and boehing.

So...what was the episode about?

Did he ever boeh that much outside of s2?

how

Cold open: UMA explorers
Skit 1: Ichimatsu and Jyushimatsu punishing each other for having chances at good luck.
Skit 2: Horror AU with all the sextuplets except Ichimatsu and Jyushimatsu
Skit 3: Delivery skit "Hansel and Gretel"

Thanks!
>UMA explorers
why
Cavematsus were better

I wonder if they'll come up with any other short AUs besides this one

subs when

Never

Too cute

10 minutes

2moe4me
Looks like something from Pazumatsu or Osomatsu Party

I'd like to see something with kiddie matsus, not necessarily just like kun before any of the anti kun (or even pro kun) posters reee at me.
Sakurai's voice was cute in this episode and it makes me wanna hear how the others would sound.

Ree

Did they confirm how many episodes there are? I don't think there was even a classic episode yet in S2.

Noo, those are way too cute.

They're my precious boys, after all

WHERE IS IT

Depends on what you define as a "classic" episode

I think it''s obvious which episodes made a huge stir during season 1. I don't see any that people still talk about in the same way now.

I think they're we're a few episodes that stood out this season (I can count them on my fingers so it's not that much), so this whole season so far hasn't been a complete bummer

Chibita's Revenge would probably come close, but I don't think it would have made as big a hit here.

>As big a hit here
What do you mean by that? I thought it was pretty well received on the thread when it came out

IT'S UP

I don't think even Japan cared that much about that skit. The Flower Fairy one was an even more memorable Chibita centric skit.

desu, the episodes that stood out were just above average but still quite bland and forgettable

I agree, At least Cavematsu had some funny physical comedy and silly seiyuu noises. UMA explorers is Matsubara's "everything is meaningless" "humour" at its worst again. At least make it three matsus.

I found the flower fairy one pretty boring, I much preferred revenge and I liked the flower fairy episode in kun better

I know I sound clueless but what's an example of "everything is meaningless" humour besides Uma?

They seemed to like the whole callbacks and karashi part, but people kind of wound up fixated on debating which 80s Matsus got the karashi where.

Some anons here basically get tired of skits where they make the non-permanent nature obvious. So, a skit that ends in everyone dying, a cruel twist end, or everything being pointless.
The Iyami Has Arrived skit got some frustration like that because of how the city got wiped out.

I don't know how to put it. It's when the situation is hopeless but it's telegraphed so obviously that you're just waiting for the inevitable end. Or just something totally anti-climactic. I wonder sometimes if all the budget is spent on the explosion animation for when everything amounts to nothing.

>Horror AU
>no Ichimatsu
then what is the fucking point?

I felt the iyami has arrived skit to be very underwhelming. There was an episode in 88 the almost the same premise that did it better, also the whole iyami audibly shitting trash into a bag grossed me out

Ichi isn't a horror material anymore
he's more of a moe SoL character

Horror, not horrible.

They really missed their chances there. I also find jyushimatsu terrifying in his own way and he is not there either

Jyushi's not that terrifying is he?

remember that one time he vored people?

Haven't seen the ep yet but I'm fine with not having Ichi or Jyushi in a horror skit. They seem like too obvious choices. Plus there's already super cool spooky Jyushi art that I don't think the anime could top.

This is the best creepy jyushi art I have saved, I wish there was more like this one

Another underwhelming episode. I don't think any AU skit will ever top the Detective AU's popularity.

>gets excluded from the horror au
it's offcial, edgymastsu is gone for good

Finally watched Karamatsu Taxi, this boy is so adorable. I still wish it was a skit of regular Kara trying to do the job but it was still very, very cute.

Also Karamatsu being totally straight-faced while the car went "Woo! Woo! Woo!" in his own voice was priceless. Though I would have loved it just as much if he went "Pretty cool, huh?"

The one where Iyami saves Osomatsu's life and freeloads off the house? Yeah I liked that story. They could have feasibly done that but then you'd have someone whining about referencing le shitty inferior kids series.

While moeblob ichi is good in his own way i'm still waiting for the season to bring us some of the edge.

Wanting Ichi's edge to come back is like wanting Kara to speak in more flowery prose or have his comically bad luck come back. We just have to accept that Ichi and Kara are Matsubara's least favourites.

Hey, how can you go wrong with kun?

reminder that iyami is cute zansu

It's been a while since you've made your rounds, shotaposters.

Come on iyami, you're not fooling anyone

I'm around everyday user, I made the thread after all

Speaking of this image, has Kara worn his tank top or glittery pants at all this season?

Oh, sweet. Well, at least you contribute stuff unlike the ones that try to police if kun or Iyami does or doesn't belong.

that's a set of eyebrows I hadn't seen in a long time

I used to love hetalia when I was younger (18), I used to read self-insert fics before I went to bed every night

Pretty sure he hasn't. His leather jacket has been somewhat rare as well. Staff hates Kara.

Nope, they seem to have toned down his painful fashion.
I remember hearing Nakamura and Ono admitted to being nervous about season 2 because of fixed perceptions and popularity with their characters. Makes me wonder if the changes to Karamatsu were Matsubara trying to put ice on all the woobifyers.

>The thumbnail
If the boys listened to western bands, who do you think they're favorites would be?

Is this why Kara is so dull this season? It's sad that he can't be more interesting without the painful gimmick.

>Makes me wonder if the changes to Karamatsu were Matsubara trying to put ice on all the woobifyers.
And thanks god for that, angstfags ruined Kara for me

*their
(Sorry to be that guy)

I don't want to settle on one for each, but a lot of oldie singers remind me of Kara, like Roy Orbison and Jay and the Americans. And he puts Barry White on once he's in bathrobe mode, of course. Basically anything 60s/70s/80s loveydovey or with a sweet guitar tune.

Oso personally reminds me a lot of many English indie rock bands from the last ten years. That sort of "cheeky" sound, paired with the lyrics, feel very "him." youtube.com/watch?v=dv5NyZHuHDc
youtube.com/watch?v=e45zLPt3q1U

It's not just the "painful" gimmick that they toned down. A huge part of Kara's character was his ludicrously bad luck. Seeing what ridiculous scenarios he'd end up in, and then how he'd try to put a romantic spin on it, and never give up was also a big part of his charm. It's not that the whole world needs to bully him, but it's been watered down such a great deal that now Totty is the most unfortunate brother. Honestly, some of the tryouts skit was a bit cringe for me because I couldn't help but wonder if it was Matsubara going "why don't you guys like Totty more REEEEEEEEEE"

Why would matsubara fuck with the shows two most popular matsus?

Totty has barely done much besides being shit on a bit and being the straight man though, so if they wanted to make him more interesting or liked you'd think they'd do more.
I think Matsubara likes Choro more than he does him, what with all the reminders of FAPPY and him getting to spill spaghetti.

It hasn't killed their popularity in Japanese polls any, so far. Choromatsu seems to be rising too.

If that ruined him for you, you were too weak to love him in the first place

It's okay, autocorrect sucks sometimes

So why didn't Kara and Todo call the police to investigate if there was a body? I get that you want to get out for the sake of your life but you can easily make a call afterwards.

I want choro to spill his spaghetti all over me

>You will never adopt Osoma
Why even live?

It's more the prominence of Totty. He even weirdly gets more lines and odd bits of focus, like in ep 4 when he was the one to suggest it and they made a point of having him sit separate from the others with a lingering shot on his face. The amount of times Totty has been singled out and picked on this season, lets just say that if you had someone see only this one they'd think Totty was the unlucky one.

And Totty and Choro are definitely his tops for sure. Either they're his crutches for writing or they're his favourites. I mean look at ep 10 - Karamatsu finally getting his own skit only for there to be an inexplicable scene with only Totty and Choro in it. It's as if writing for Kara was a chore he was postponing as much as possible. Then throw in some "wows," jump cut to when he's already bushed (when there was a lot of comedic potential in showing Kara do all those chores in the first place) and phew, Choro's there to "save the day." Once you know who he likes and who he doesn't, it becomes so hard to ignore.

I want to see oso and choro doing something together again

Matsubara likes to shaft the kun duos except if they're Suuji. Some think that's a good thing but there's so much unexplored potential.

They flung Iyami off a mountain together, does that count?

That was a funny skit.

Todo and Choro are straight man roles because any other brother would most of the time not give a single fuck how crazy something is unless it directly affects them. Despite all this they shove more attention on Jyushi who is actually the favorite.

>except if they're Suuji
I don't think they did much between this episode and the episode where Ichi walks Jyushi in a leash.

It's a good time to be a Chorofag

Nah, the three are favourites. There are other forms of comedy and the other brothers can even be the sane ones depending on the scenario, but Matsubara is lazy. He writes whoever's the easiest to write, and when he has to do the opposite, he tries to get them out of the scene asap (see: Chibita's Revenge).

Out of my friends there is a Choromatsu girl and a Todomatsu boy. I want to be happy for them but as a Karamatsu girl I suffer. At least Kara gets nice hesowars designs. Just need to learn Japanese in order to appreciate all the dialogue.