Why is he such a prominent / popular character when he only appeared in one episode?

Why is he such a prominent / popular character when he only appeared in one episode?

Have you heard his humming?

He was gentle enought to accept Shinji. It may seem nothing special, but he was the only one in the show to do so.

he hot

He's the actual protagonist if presented properly

He's hot and only half human so it's only half gay to fuck him

What is it called if you fuck an angel ?

>Why is he such a prominent / popular character when he only appeared in one episode?
Disregard
There's two reasons Kaworu is popular, and the first one is that he's an otaku pandering character that's a favorite among some of the writers. The second is that he is, relative to importance and screen time, the de facto most pandered and merchandised character in the entire franchise. It's not driven by demand as much as it is driven by the writers desire to make Kaworu popular.

The reasons the other people above people specified fall into two categories as well: Lies or sexual kinks. It's a complete lie that Kaworu is the first one to be gentle or nice to Shinji. Misato beat him to the punch way earlier. Similarly thinking "HE HOT AND ITS NOT GAY TO FUCK" is just that, an otaku fetish kink. These misconceptions are spawned from the endless amount of pandering the studio has done to promote the character.

I hope this explains it.

It’s called sex, user
I know, it’s pretty obvious you’ve never heard of it

He represents unconditional love. Also he's hot.

He represnts death and betrayal (since that's what he does), also he's ugg

>Kaworu
>ugly
Imagine being THAT gay.

Because he conquered anime with just his dick and a smile in one single episode.

If liking girls and not liking a white-haired faggot makes me gay, then yes I'm gay. Do you have a problem with that?

Albino weird-ass piece of shit. Faggot. Also this:

He was one of the best written characters.
He didn't need more than one episode to show us that.

He had charisma and presence, while being mysterious and all loving. He’s an angel in the body of a guy, of course he’ll be popular and captivating.

He has literal angel written characters

Because he had a significant impact on the plot and characters around him. He was also in EoE so not just one episode.

The real reason is that homofags are extremely vocal on the internet

I had somehow convinced myself that he appeared in two episodes until you posted this.
That's how good he is. Extremely memorable while never being over-the-top.

Imagine being this delusional.

i want to lick bruised Kaworu

He's 100% correct though.

this

this and this

Because he was the only one who loved and accepted Shinji for being Shinji. He completely shits on the rest of the cast who just fuck with Shinji for no reason, for like 20 episodes and get nowhere. Kaworu was just open/had no barriers, and was able to make a real attachment in like 5 minutes. Loving others is actually super easy, people just don't do it because they're afraid of getting hurt. He's proof that you don't fucking need 400 episodes of content to make a real relationship, just 1 will do.

Imagine being this fucking delusional. Holy shit.

Who doesn't love butter and biscuits?

There are a lot of gay people among anime watchers

A lot of sheep and delusional wankers like

>It's not driven by demand as much as it is driven by the writers desire to make Kaworu popular.
You're retarded. Kaworu is a mysterious pretty boy who bathes with the protagonist, he didn't need any help to become a fujoshi favorite.

Then why does he constantly get help through merchandising, director favoritism and praise? What other character gets this?

Kaworu is a character comparable to a house of cards built out of thin air. If, for instance, Kaworu were to get the same treatment as Rei for the next ~20 years, or even less, what would there be left for Kaworu fans?
Kaworu never had a solid character, never had a character arc. He was always just superficial fluff, albeit with a purpose in the original.