FMP thread

It's kind of surreal, the thought of actually living long enough to see fourth season of this.

Last thread was killed for a template OP. Sasuga Chidorifags.

don't get the appeal of kaname

Tessa > Chidori

the new season PV looks like shit

Never watched anything past S1; was the romance ever concluded? ie. do they ever actually kiss/go steady or does kaname continue to be a tsun bitch

oh god I don't remember the plot at all, and don't want to rewatch it, can anyone synthetize it in 150 caracters or less.

Post Tessa's butt in gym shorts.

Kaname is a magical bitch like Tessa (best girl). Sexy idiot child solider doesn't understand the world and has hijinks as he falls for her as a bodyguard while having the thinnest of love triangles.also some old vet wants to fuck mc

>fourth season of FMP
These are truly the end-times we are living in.

Tessa kills chidori and autistic MC runs away forever

It could go worse user

i need to grope tessa!

She looked like her brother so much i want them to fuck each other

I wanted to post this in the last thread but it was closed before I could.

Anyway, to tyhis day I still don't know why some people call FMP Fumoffu a spin-off when the events that take place in that season are referenced in "The Second Raid".

For example,in TSR Tessa has a picture from their trip to the hot springs in Fumoffu (pic related), she also mentions her time as a student in Jindai High. other examples of why Fumoffu counts is that both Hayashimizu and Ono-D were introduced in Fumoffu and now they will have some kid of importance at one part of the new season.

Finally the new season is called Invisible Victory and they are using the initials to form the number IV to show that it's the fourth season of the series.

> fumoffu is a spin-off except the Tessa arc
i'm so happy i live in this timeline

How much do you want to bet that they won't finish the series? Or did they confirm otherwise? been out of the loop.

> finish the series
> see best girl loses

Punch the silver-haired whore.

Never watched fumoffu, did chidori+sagura fucking kiss yet?

Shoji Gatoh already confirmed that it will cover all of the remaining LNs of the main storyline.

Will it be like s2 or s1/s3 ?

Will be serious like S1+S3. The fun volume got adapted into a radio play.

Is it 2 cour adaptation?

no

Is this mod actually autistic?

He killed a 250+ reply FMP thread because he thought this OP was unacceptable?

Go ahead and ban for "complaining about Sup Forums moderation", you guys are mentally ill like ADGQ staff, that's just the kind of people who become mods, you do it for free, so I know you need to ban me to feel better.

No official info about that yet, we only know that Gatoh said from the very beginning and reconfirmed a couple times that this season will finish the main story and that he is the one writing all the scripts.

They fit 3 books in the first season, how the fuck are they going finish it in one season?

My thoughts exactly
200+ posts in, a lot of them discussing the show, characters and upcoming season and the mods kill it because they dont like the OP
Meanwhile any Franxx or VEG shitposting general gets to hit bump limit
Hiro literally hired his mods from r*ddit

I just hate new mods in general. Old ones were shit too, but Hiro's just piss me off.

Watch the upcoming season.

Gauron dies, then comes back. Gauron dies, then comes back. Gauron dies, then comes back. Gauron dies, then comes back. Gauron dies, then comes back.

>watched fumoffu first and bits of the second raid downloaded from fucking shareaza way back when (along with I assume a shit ton of viruses)
>didn't have enough seeds or knowhow to find the first season or even all the episodes of what I saw
>finally go back and watch it in full last year

Holy fuck how did this get fucking benched for so long?

Same. I don't remember a single episode. I recall them spending half the season on the boat.

Tessa is garbage.

When OP mentioned a template, I thought the mods were being fags because templates encourage OC. But seeing what he meant by "template" I can see how that is a reasonable decision. He left the option to make a new thread, anyway.

First season was 24 episodes and adapted the first 3 LNs, but 4 of those episodes were either adapted from some of the short stories and 3 were anime-original. The Second Raid was 13 episodes and only adapted 2 novels but the pacing was rather slow and they were greatly expanded, for instance the first episode was anime-original and Gates' character was basically original as well.

As for Invisible Victory, there are 6 novels left to adapt since Dancing Very Merry Christmas was made into an audio drama and Gatoh said it'll be a straight shot to the end with no filler. We can assume the series will be 24 episodes and thus that each novel will take 4 episodes to adapt on average. It can be done if they follow the manga series, FMP Sigma (also written by Gatoh himself), as the template. Consider that Sigma adapted the same two novels as TSR in just three volumes, shortening various parts but still getting the same overall story across.

Chidorifags are scums of the earth

I was about to answer but it's basically this -> 24 episodes should be enough to cover everything.

Good point, hopefully since Gatoh is writing it the show will go well.

Also worth noting that so far I haven't noticed any scene from the IV previews that's not in Sigma.

At least their girl is not shit like T*starossa

What do you guys think of the director? He's only directed Planetarian (which I haven't seen) and the Mouretsu Pirates Movie (which was kinda bad, but so was the series). That has me worried.

Mods didn't do their job

Glad they at least retained the character design

They did a good job not to broke it

They should be able to pull this off just below 8/10 mark

Never ever. She cucks him with Tessa brother

duality of man

This.

stop that

Mao is superior to both so who cares.

Not yet but watch the new season until the end for that

False, she almost cucked him, but she stopped before anything happened.

Not gonna lie
I'm only gonna watch to see what comes of the surviving Chinese assassin and that mystery third one

Gauron won't be in it so who cares

One of the groomed sex dolls is alive?

Planetarian was a pretty decent adaptation.

This. He was the best. His English voice is one of my favorite villain voices.

god i hope gauron comes back as a brain in a jar or a talking eyeball

That's about or almost an hour and a half per novel, about the length of a short movie. Not too bad I guess.

His name is I_AM_ABIB. He's a notorious shithead mod from the IRC.

They're not Hiro's mods. They're the same ones from when moot was around, but moot kept them in check.
Now they're dictating Sup Forums the way they like it.

So what brought about the decision to animate 1 more season of FMP? The whole thing has been done for years

The author of the light novels, Gatoh, has been working hard for the past ten years to get the rest adapted into anime. Once he finished writing the series in 2011, he became the supervisor for a sequel spin-off, wrote the manga adaptation until it got to the end and even wrote a second manga adaptation starting from the beginning. He doesn't want the franchise to fade into obscurity.

What matters more is the talent the director can gather. Nishigori for example isn't exactly a top tier director but he can gather the best people in the industry.

Rumor is Bandai Visual is the main financier behind the season, unlike previous seasons. I guess they wanted to sell more toys/models and FMP is a good franchise for that.

They also announced a new videogame so I can easily buy that.

can you real be so sure?

Pleb taste but I think Arm Slaves are sex

I like their kits more then your basic bitch GSD MG

>liking a stupid klutz

>Sosukock

Watch Fumoffu. It's better than S1 or S2.

Isn't Fumoffu still based off of LN material?

Yes exactly, it's based on the LNs so that is why I don't understand why some people say it's a spin-off

Fumoffu (and a few episodes of the first season) is based on the side LNs, which were collection of generally comical short stories, as opposed to the main LNs which contained a single continuous storyline. In that sense Fumoffu is a spin-off, but everything is canon.

Ignorance is a sin. At last you have seen the light.

No fighting

>CG arm slaves in the PV
eh, I'll take what I can get

so are we going to get a scene as necessary as the first episode at the train station again?

Pretty much my thoughts. Honestly I'm just ecstatic we're getting a fourth season at all, and Yamato 2199 has proven that the studio can still make a great series even with CGI thrown in. That plus Gatoh's statements gives me high hopes.

Same studio doesn't necessarily mean the same people work on a specific title, so that's not always a good indicator of quality.

yes

normal height chicks>femlets

Tessa>Chidori

Is the new season going to cover everything till the end?