What was the point of this character? What the fuck

What was the point of this character? What the fuck.

Muh diversity

BLACK'D

I think it was meant to be a racist joke

Where did you get this picture of me?

yamada loves that BBC

Does he have any major role in the manga?

He impregnates Shouko

Don't talk shit about Pedro!

Nope. Just a part in the beginning and the end, and the joke is that the author made you think he was some sort of deadbeat who only went to Japan to slam slanted pussy.

It's motherfucking Pedro, Pedro dude

There was no point in you being born either, yet here we are.

Somebody needs to give Shouko's child and MC's wifes son a much needed melanin injection.

Brazilians in Japan are pretty common, in a matter of fact brazilian-japanese hafus are on high demand. Maria is canonically the hottest kyoani girl ever,

Is it worth reading the manga if I've watched the movie? Is there more after the film ended or does the film do a pretty good job covering the beginning, middle and end of the mango.

He canonically impregnates the deaf girl and the bully, who later reformed and falling in love with her, is forced to take care of the child after the black dude ran away back to Brazil.

For some reason. There a hogh population of Brazilians in japan and Japanese in Brazil.
I dont know what kind of relationship they have going on there

The movie is an abridged version while cutting out a ton of stuff.

The movie cover pretty much everything important from the manga, but the manga have a few more things on it, like Kawai being the worst girl of all time, or Mashida creepy backstory, or Kawai being the biggest whore of all time, or more Shimada characterization, or Kawai FUCKING DIE YOU BITCH, but yeah, if you liked the movie there's no reason to not read the manga, yu will find a few more things there.

This can't be fucking true.

Don't worry, its not.

Friendly advice, if you were ever bullied, don't read it.

It isn't but he does impregnate MC's sister

BLACKED

I'M JUST TALKIN 'BOUT MY G-G-G-G-GENERATIOOON.

There's also a huge population of japanese in Peru and viceversa. There's everything in Peru but what you are going to find all the time are cholos and japanese people.

Maria was good comic relief but like 2/3rds of the cast was pointless. Still a good movie but I would've preferred a TV series by Kyoani rather than a Violette Evergarden TV series. Still can't believe they cut the movie they wanted to make.

Shoya's sister was a HUGE slut in the manga

So the audience can understand why Maria is brown.

A lot of japs came to Brazil in the early 90s seeking jobs

We all agree Yuzuru was best girl, right?

1. Based Grandma
2. Maria
3. Yuzuru

About a hundred and fifty years ago there was a lot of migratory flux between them. Brasil made a LOT of promises to migrants. Land, good market, gold.. you name it. Brasil had everything... or so we told them.

When they got here, we told them that it was just a troll move, and now they have no way of going back. Most of them had to work close to slave conditions to make a living. Ironically, we had Nazis (actual nazis) working in farms together with black people. To this day we still have poor german/japanese/European living in favelas with blacks, and even some cities only of german people/japanese people.

I honestly forgot the name of the guy that made all that propaganda to call them to Brasil, but at the time it was a huge deal, with many countries avoiding to make any other deal with us until we cut that bullshit.

It wasn't the first, and it won't be the last time Brasil trolled the World.

I totally fucked the timeline by the way, it wasn't That long ago.

110ish years is still pretty long

Why did Kyoani not include the scene where Shoko's father abandons his family? I thought that was one of the saddest scenes in the series. Come to think of it we never really found out what happened to Shoya's father either, seemed like he just wasn't there since there was nothing to imply he died in the movie or manga.

How is To Your Eternity? Been thinking about picking up the volumes that are out.

Yeah.. still a 10/10 troll tough. Wish we still did awesome shit like that.

Maybe cause it had to do with Shoko's mom more than Shoko herself(if anything), it shows us the struggle of her mom and why she decided to be so harsh and a total bitch towards her daughters, but it doesn't have much to do with the main argument of the movie.

He is, literally, the best father in the story. Stays with the sister, takes care of the child and gets a job.

BBC

A lot of elevens fled the mainland during and prior the interwar period. At the same time, many South America (and northern Europe for that matter) countries had immigration incentive policies since they were going through a late industrialization process and lacked skilled workers to keep up with the demand, also, countries with a larger territory (Argentina and Brazil) were starting to have concerns about the amount of inhabited land they had and how geopolitical troublesome that was.
The southern regions of Huezil, specifically, had a similar climate to glorious nippon and was in need of farmland labor, the job most of migrates were used to.
Chile and Argentina had a similar program at the time, but attracted mostly Europoors instead.
This guy is full of shit. Although life was simple and standards were low (just like 3/4 of huezil's western territory at the time) most nips made a decent profit and their households went to own many key companies in the food/drinks sector.

Migrants were generally treated poorly and were mostly lied to into coming here. I'm not saying things didn't get better later on, but to say they didn't get shit is just wrong. The landlords weren't exactly used to deal with paid workers.

To piss of Sup Forumsfags

>come to brazil
it all makes sense now

>random fag American character shows up
USA USA USA FREEDUM
> bro-tier Brazilian character is introduced
hurr NIGGURS in MY Anime?

>56%stanis

>The landlords weren't exactly used to deal with paid workers
What the hell are you talking about? Maybe that's true for poorfags that immigrated without embassy support and went on to work on factories. Most nips, however, were given land and left to make a living by themselves.
This is the main reason why you have many city centers today that were originally colonies of migrants (Registro, Campinas, Londrina, etc) as it was a way they found to keep their cultural heritage and make a decent living.
You could argue they were left for dead by the government after they arrived, and they were. But not that it was close to slavery.

I feel like East Asians and Whites (including Slav for convenience purpose) are the only kinds that hates on black and brown people.
Myself being East Asian, I don't like them fucking up the gene pull and making the society uncanny either.

Man, at least in urban areas we can still see to this day a lot of japanese/germans living in poverty. Of course there were those just left alone with land (and nothing more,of course). But those who came to the cities/farms were fucked over so much that other countries actually pointed that out. Our landlords were only used to work with blacks. When the 'elite' came they treated them just like blacks. They received no special treatment.

Does the movie end better than the manga?

Yes, actually it will. The South engenders the same as the North.

MINISTER YOU, SATOSHI

You did ask.

Is that how her ear ended up bleeding.

Nah, Jeitinho Brasileiro is love. Jeitinho Brasileiro is life.

To trigger Sup Forums.
Based Yamada.

>Blacks teenage girl
>Actually stays to be a decent father
Definitely to trigger Sup Forums.

Same as Peru, only that Japanese people managed to control Peru.
BASED FUJIMORI

Movie is an excellent adaptation, with the sole exception of cutting out the backstories of Shoko's mom and the friend group. If you're interested to learn more about them and why they're the way they are, check out the manga.

What was the point of you being born? What the fuck.

Reminder.

That's so mean user.

You're right. I'm sorry, .

7-2

What do Pedro listens to?Exaltasamba?

he's the first boyfriend of Sho's sister that promised to protect him.

The last one beat the crap out of him.
And his sister had like 30 boyfriends before.

Classical music, you fucking Racist.

By the way, do you have any nice photos of japanese-brazilian girls? how do they look like?

>inb4 they look like Neymar

They look like this.

What?The band is kinda nice.
Don't have any photos but I assure you they all look pretty fucking japanese.

>Argentina

This is a kuruminha thread now by the way.

MEMORIES BROKEN

>based fujimori

For being a shitty happa president? kek you weebs are fucking pathetic and will latch on to anything branded with jap logo

>Cool centered man falls in love with girl from another country
>Everyone starts pointing out his skin color

Why y'all gotta be hating on Pedro for finding love?!

yea, and he gave as this little number

Based Pedro

This. The story could have easily done without her. And at the end sheslaps Nishimiya for no good reason to make herself feel better Mashiba should look for someone better.

At least whats herface didn't pretend to be a nice person.

The manga has a little bit more. But if you're expecting post credits content, don't. It pretty much ends the same way. You'll get a little more interaction between some of the characters and that's about it.

Just.. look at that face, man. He is uncomfortable. Has the Japanese government forced him to come back and be a decent father?

That's not the face of a man that is acting on free will.

Fucking this. Can't wait for the little Enzo Gabriel Ishida to be born.

i remember this thread. how many times are you planning to make it again and again?

He was included to make Shouya's family seem less than normal. People with disability in Japan are less as second rate people, this entire anime is about breaking away from norms so these people are viewed as more normal people.

Why are Brazilian names so fucking weird?

>asian girls getting PEDROED
>BPC
>How can onii-san even compete?

It's not usually like this..

Anyway, Enzo is a nice name. Those surnames that are shit.

Fuck off back to jewbook with your normalfag meme

It's legit tho.

If you can read between the lines, the manga sums up nicely. Pepple are just mad they didnt lick tongues at the end.

t. Enzo Davi Lima Barreto da Conceição

Why do people even like this guy? (or hate him, for that matter)

Is he just a big brown meme?

>look mom I posted it again, am I fun yet

""""""""""""""""""""white"""""""""""""" latinos

>joke is that the author made you thing he was some deadbeat
It's been years since I've read it, what is it that made pedro not a deadbeat?

to trigger alt-right cucks

nah they all fucking suck

Because people assumed that Pedro was a deadbeat because Maria was being taken care of on panel by Shoya mosty, while the explanation was that Pedro was not seen because he was overseas either in the army or looking for a job, I forgot which. It was also stated that Shoya's sister slept around with numerous men previously before having a daughter.

wat is dis

It already has see

I skipped on Koe no Katachi because I don't like romance/drama trash, looks like I really dodged a bullet on this one. I would hate to be the Jap who was forced to animate that disgusting creature.

We need immigrants because landlords couldn't enslave niggers anymore, so their hired immigrants for cheap. Idk why you're making it sound that shit was so horrible for them because it wasn't, fucking drama queens.

t. Jap whose great-grandparents came to Brazil for work

Like every hafu, some a fugly as hell and others are extremely hot.