4.item box
5.appraisal
6.status windows

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakai
kissmanga.com/Manga/Isekai-no-Seikishi-Monogatari
nyaa.si/view/943691
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You wanna start a isekai thread, don't do it like you just came outta Sup Forums to whine about tired old troupes OP.
Apply yourself next time ok?

You can put all those things together just by saying "overpowerly broken since the arrival/at the time short after arrival".
I don't have anything against skills if MC isn't the strongest from the start and it isn't just a stupid wish fulfillment show.
The main point of Isekai is to make someone with modern knowledge use his brains in his advantage and not "Hey look, I'm OP and supersmart and everyone is stupid villain"

Let's actually give an Isekai a good premise

>Random dude walking down the street, on the way to a promising job interview after failing so many
>A weird storm picks up, it's actually a portal, it pretty much consumes his neighborhood he tries in vain to get to safety but is sucked up
>He is transported to a world not his own and upon arrival is captured and "appraised" by people who look like they're the typical "Isekai Hero Summoners"
>He's apparently a dud and useless
>Put to the mines as a slave by the "good Republic"
>In the mines, he meets someone from his world but from another country, a old Nazi soldier living his last years ahead of him
>Man teaches him how to speak the language and takes care of him so he can survive on his own
>There's no hope going back and he works himself into a routine, slowly building up muscle and bone by working in the mines, this is about 3 years
>The aforementioned man is killed by one of the Taskmasters. The remaining Taskmasters subdue him and cage him to feed to a monster they keep for such an occasion
>The "fallen Empire" frees the slaves. He proves himself worthy by pulling a holding action as his fellow slaves escape
>The remnants of the Empire give him an offer: help them collect the forces back together to take back their land and they will send him home
>Or they can just leave him here in the middle of nowhere with a mine filled with dead Taskmasters
>He follows them
>They're lying, and this is revealed from the get go.

.skill eating
>2.magic creation
>3.item creation
>4.item box
>5.appraisal
>6.status windows
I literally don't mind any of this as long as it isn't used as an excuse for otherwise shitty writing and a no-personality MC
Unfortunately 99% of the time it means exactly that.

Honestly the most annoying part of isekai is when they take clear established traits of the main character and when he gets isekai'd he turns into this super calm nice guy with no emotion leveling up stats and not noticing that he's surrounded by thots. Why is it so hard to write a character you shitty LN authors?

>shittiest and laziest setups
You mean:
1. Skill Steal (eating included)
2. Skill/Magic Creation
3. Hyper Growth Rate
4. Skill Copy
5. MC can literally just do everything

Is he going to recreate the glorious fatherland and purge impure subhuman demons/catgirls/elves?

No self insert protags please. It kills the show. We need good protags

Calm the fuck down Pelinal, catgirls are still okay.

>see this
What do

My dark souls experience is telling me go GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE AS FAST AS I CAN

Eat

DID SOMEBODY SAY ISEKAI?

Creepy as fuck if you ask me

This is literally the premise of that one fucking manwha with the guy with the golden fist. Except instead of isekai from his neighborhood it's he's the fallen prince of an empire.

Actually is isekai since he gets reincarnated into the body of the dead prince and pretends to be him for safety

Being overpowered ins't really the problem with Isekai. Is more a combination of factors, main issue usually is the writting, but you don't need to be an isekai to have bad writting. Isekai seikishi has a really OP mc and its the best isekai out there (if we don't count seven Kingdoms)

I think isekai just makes it easier to get started with something even if they can't write well so it gets more authors, but many quickly run into the problem of needing something unique, and fail at that part.

The perfect Isekai was made decades ago.

Nobunaga no Chef is an isekai where a chef is isekai'd to Oda Nobunaga's era and he becomes his personnal chef. He is then used as a tool to influence the politic of the country.

Actually excellent isekai with no power level, status window, stats or rpg mechanics: just a MC using his skill of a modern chef to survive in this merciless world.

>skill of a modern chef to survive in this merciless
He probably would fail hardly, he wouldn't be able to find most of the ingredients at the corner not the machines nor the tools. Try of making a potato decostruction without either a siphon, fride, nitrogen, speces or...potatoes.

Well, yeah, that's also a point of the manga. He lacks stuff like sugar and spices, eventhough he manages to get a few at high price through the merchants of Sakai.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakai

In the end, he does what people were doing then: he just takes what the fields, forests and seasons give him, and adapt his technics to it.

He also makes a (female) blacksmith friend who craft him a few tools when she's not folding katana over 1000 times.

I think that all an isekai needs is something unique to get the readers interested then good writing to keep them reading. Also, i searched this seven kingdoms and sekai ikeishi and got game of thrones and some jap tattoo shit. Mind if I can have a link?

>Nobunaga no Chef

my illustrious friend of african descent

The other Isekai cliché is his amnesia and the fact that he used to be some sort of chemistry and culinary genius, and can somehow manage to reproduce modern flavors or come close to them. It's a bit of a stretch, but tolerable at least.

>(female) blacksmith friend

You mean his pure tomboy waifu

kissmanga.com/Manga/Isekai-no-Seikishi-Monogatari

Soon

I wish there will be a good isekai which will the most terrifying anime ever created to counterbalance all those wishfulfillment faggotkais.
The story should be completely the opposite of what your "usual" isekai shows.
>MC isn't a loser, he lives a happy school life, is also smart and has friends.
>Doesn't die actually, he gets just summoned by people from another world to use him as last resort to defeat evil.
>He actually learns magic abilities, that don't surpass actual wizards tho
>He gets there friends and thinks about finding a way and maybe saving the world
>Starts combining magic with technology like crossbows etc.
Now the bad parts starts to happen:
>Entire kingdom where he was summoned starts turning undead
>Enemies become stronger and stronger
>His friends die over and over, get impaled, poisoned, burned to crisp
>His waifu turns into undead in the end after being bitten by a zombie
>MC gets stronger and stronger, but in the end all humans die out, he will be the last human remaining
>Tries to find a way to get out, needs some artifact
>In the end he finds out that artifact has no more powers left, he loses all hope
>Gets eaten by endless armies of zombies in the end

it seems it's a spin-off from tenchi muyo

You forgot guns.

how do the people even become undead? perhaps a virus or some zombification magic?

>guns
You mean """"guns"""" unless there's an /ak/-approved isekai that I don't know of.

>slaves
is the worst one of all though, hasn't been a single half-decent one that pulled that shit, now I just drop them straight away if it turns out that way

Something that is pretty much never used in isekai: an MC who actually was not a fucking lonely looser (maybe some married guy with children) in his original world and who would actually hates his isekai and would try to come back.

I meant, pretty much all the isekai have friendless gfless familyless MCs who are perfectly fine with being sent in a shitty isekai without running water, hot water, food security, rigid class system, gas pipes, electricity, cars, actually usable non-bumpy roads or competent health system with actual doctors surgeons and hospitals. Plus various demons and wild beasts roaming the world everywhere.

Some sort of plague that was brought by some adventurers of a tomb and can be transported through getting that shit in blood, also works on any living creature.
Could be made as analogy to black death in 1300s starting from undead rats over bigger animals up to humans and even greater beings like demons or dragons.

Is it because there's no benefit to being a slave in those works and such?

Gates can probably qualify, even if they can get back to Earth at will.

no, because he'll buy a catgirl or some shit and the series will be a fucking abomination

if it was a regular human then?

Use my beyond OP magic to subdue the knight then spill my spaghetti on the girl and remain a virgin

still invariably shit

>1.skill eating

welp Time to throw away weeks of planning and game design, my RPG is garbage since the MC can possibly get this power.

>4 heavenly gods of isekai

On the first I thought it was /dsg/ so I tried to figure out who the hell was supposed to be who
>Nito
>Gwyn/Ornstein ?
>Quelaag's sister (Fair Lady)
>Aldritch?

what is the one with the slime?

>ywn reenact Apocalypse Now on hapless fantasy mooks
>steam engine
>stone castle
I get a bad feeling about this one.

the problems with slave buying:

- it's always a single plot device to allow the MC to buy a submissive cat-girl or any other half-demon girl who are discrimite against in the isekai
- after buying the cat-girl, the MC doesn't give a single fuck anymore about slavery (in fact, most of them are barely even shocked about it, they just go with "oh, so it's a world where slavery exists, that's terrible" and get on with it)
- the bought slave are always submissive and love their owner for not being a complete asshole against them, because that's what slaves do after all: they love the people who bought their freedom and are asking them to risk their lives in actual fights. To the point that they always ask the MC to make them his slave again when he free them

>this site is closed
???

artist is the mangaka of Alderamin on the sky

nyaa.si/view/943691

You're welcome. And trust me.

works perfectly for me

Being able to get back to Earth at will needs to happen more often. I hope Tsuki ga WN reaches that point soon.

Is there at least one single Isekai where MC uses his slave as a slave owner in real life would do? Beating it for fun, fucking it, forcing it to fight in battle until it dies and getting mad that he lost the bet because his slaved died being more concerned about money and already calculating about buying a replacement?

I mean you know how immoral some people could be, especially when they understand that this kind of shit is allowed. A neet who was being beaten by his classmates and spit on by girls will probably buy a slave girl who resembles someone from his class to unleash the entire rage on her?

Like in that chinese manwha "I am robot" where someone bought a robot to make it look like his bullies and beat the shit out of it

Nectar of Dharani is actually a fun isekai with fantastic PLOT. By the mangaka of Qwaser of stigmata, no it involves beuveurage too.

Also, well, yeah, there's a part of lolscience, but it's only used as subplot tools, and it's not the main power of the MC. His main strength (and the actual way he fights his enemies) is actually not under his control, and more a curse than anything, and has nothing to do with "science".

havent read that far yet about Oni and slime..the only one thats close to Godhood probably only Ainz and kumo

skill eating gob is a literal god after a dozen chapters

Powerrank chart with every Isekai MC when

at volume 13 he swear to never make another "western" dishes unless the head monk said otherwise.

i fucking want this

Which is trivial to him though: Indian, Chinese, Korean and Japanese cuisines let him with plenty of possibilities.

Is this an actual isekai or did you come up with this cause this caught my attention.

Or even just "modern knowledge in general".
>Some urban legends are best left untested! Yuuto Suoh gets more than he bargained for when he joins his childhood friend Mitsuki Shimoya in testing out an urban legend. When he uses his phone to take a picture of himself with the local shrine’s divine mirror, he is whisked off into another world – one heavily steeped in the lore of the old Norse myths.
>Using his knowledge gained from school and from his solar-powered smartphone, he has the chance to bring the Wolf Clan, the same people who cared for him, to prominence, all while earning the adoration of a group of magic-wielding warrior maidens known as the Einherjar.

Best isekai incoming

Nobody read this? It was kind of awful yer comfy, it didn't have any of the regular isekai BS, like levels and rpg stuff, it's also by the author of Chaika.

The final volume kind of really suffered from the sudden cancellation. absolute madman fucked his sister kind of came out of nowhere

still waiting.....

>absolute madman

Based as fuck, shame this isn't going to continue, I like the new masochist girl it had potential for more lewd shenanigans.

>Solid Gob

F

MARCHE

>Bloodborne Isekai

This sounds interesting af. Got sauce?

Moon-led journey is kind of like that. Makoto has an unhealthy obsession with getting back home to his family.

Watch Dora the Explorer

next chapter when?

Death march is airing right now and it turns a boring programmer with an expected boring but exhausted and living with it personality into a complete self insert nice guy faggot.

I read the manga and it isn't much better, but the manga doesn't have any real setup of his time at work either like the anime does. Maybe they're both adaptions of the LN (idk if there is one) but it's pretty shitty

I only read it because I enjoy isekai the same way I like eating spicy food. I hate it but I can't stop

Tell him that his eye is on fire and call for water

>isekai
>levels, resistance skills, titles

I'd move status windows to #1

With him I don't think he wants it to be one-way only though.

>isekai
>any game mechanics

>1.skill eating
>2.magic creation
>3.item creation
>4.item box
>5.appraisal
>6.status windows
Overlord has 3,4,5, and 6 (but Ainz is a miser so he doesn't create any items using Nazarick tech. He could get an ability with Wish, but again he's a miser. Magic creation is for non-Ygg people it seems)
Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? has 5 and 6. But she seems to gain skills faster than a skill-eater would
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken has 1, 2 I think, 3, 4, and I'm unsure about 5 and 6
Yankee Wa Isekai De Seirei Ni Aisaremasu has none and no chapters

Sounds a bit like what The Twelve Kingdoms might have been like if if the old WWII soldier working at the hotel wasn't such a backstabbing ass.

Well there's ouroboros records where the MC buys slaves and uses them in experiments to further his immortality research.

this is pretty great

Whose imagination was that this time?

except for nr 1, his waifu slave, of course

Don't want to stop your rant but such isekai are still legion: the last one I have in mind is Meikyuu Black company.

There is also Kou 1 Desu ga Isekai de Joushu Hajimemashita (update never)

Is this the exterminator one?

Isekai mahou is something like that, MC fathers are dead, but he have various friends and he isn't a loser, he hate that they were summoned and he always search a way to return to this world

Yes.

It is, but also part of the main canon.

Latest LN, he manages to find a way to his world and now he's going to research shit to kill the uber-powerful lich that was supposed to have been destroyed in his world but survived and roaming in the other world.

Spider is the only one I don't recognize.

Feng shen ji

It's everyone's favorite spider from kumo after the plot takes a nosedive

It wasn't very hard to find, I'll probably read it I have plenty of free time.