ITT: Anime that turned from hype to disgusting in 3 episodes

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fidelity
twitter.com/AnonBabble

KLK

Who could have hype for something so cliche and adolescent?

Sup Forums

Pic not related. Darling in the FranXX is a beautiful anime about mutual trust and fidelity.
Even episode 3 revolves around this. Mitsuru does not trust Ikuno and refuses to encourage her to do better, choosing instead to fish for another pistil as soon as the going got rough, and he was punished for it. A successful marriage is built on dedication.
Likewise, Hiro does not unconditionally trust 002 (yet) and primarily thinks about her as a vehicle for his own rehabilitation as a stamen, which is why he does not even consider disobeying high command and going with Strelizia to save his friends as an option. The way Hiro sees things, it's either 002 goes with Mitsuru or his friends will die.
See also the "dance" scene that happened earlier in the episode: the barriers that lock the parasites away from certain places are soft (normative, social) not hard (physical, natural). 002 does not care about that and is willing to bend the rules to get Hiro to see the city, but before she showed this to him, he had never even considered it as an option. So he doesn't really understand at that point what 002 means when she says that she can help him "escape" (only beginning to realise it at the end of the episode).
Contrast this to episode 1, where desperate, Hiro places his life completely in 002's hands -- he is willing to get inside Strelizia regardless of the consequences. If only for a moment, at that point he trusts 002 completely. Both Hiro and 002 talk about the Jiān (鶼) bird in episode 1. It only has one eye and one wing. A pair of such birds is dependent on each other and inseparable. It represents the relationship between husband and wife.
However Hiro and 002 had almost diametrically opposed on whether the story of that bird is a beautiful one or not.
He will not be able to pilot Strelitzia before he converts to 002's point of view, i.e. before he is actually willing to get "married". Hiro needs to get over his trust issues.

I dont get why you post this in shitposting threads
At least use sage

>He will not be able to pilot Strelitzia before he converts to 002's point of view, i.e. before he is actually willing to get "married".
Because riding Strelitzia is a test of fidelity. She is named after a genus of flowering plants, the common name of which is "the bird of paradise flower", because of a resemblance of its flowers to birds-of-paradise. It represents faithfulness in romantic relationships, love, and thoughtfulness. It can also signify the 9th wedding anniversary for a married couple, freedom and the ability to travel (due to the flower’s resemblance to birds in flight), magnificence, excellence and success, joy through challenges and successes alike, and optimism towards the future.

Its about fidelity thats why hiro has fucked 2 girls in 3 episodes, and 02 fucked 3 guys.

Because it takes the edge out of it.

Fidelity goes deeper than sexual intercourse, but you're wrong regardless. The point is that the children are failing because they haven't learned to trust their partners and be faithful to them. A story being about a certain fidelity does not mean the characters in it will always be faithful.

What hype?

this, franxx has been a pile of shit since the start

>Fidelity goes deeper than sexual intercourse,

hirocucks everyone

Also, 002 is chaste. She has a vagina dentata (stamen that ride with her get their "dicks" lacerated, and eventually chopped off after 3 attempts at having sex). Merely being in the cockpit of the mecha is not equivalent to sex. Being in sync with your partner is.

Recall episode 1
>002: I am always alone.
No one has managed to actually sync with her before.
It is also mentioned that she has the ability to pilot the mecha alone.

Which one are you: ESL, retard, or shitposter?

>Hey hiro your girlfriends ass is nice
>Hey hiro let me keep riding her and be her partner
>Hey hiro this is the best feeling ever.
Why the fking actual "ntr " level dialog straight out of a doujinshi then.

>It is also mentioned that she has the ability to pilot the mecha alone.
This is relevant because it shows that the mere fact that the mecha is moving does not mean the pistil is in sync with the stamen.
The fact that the pilots are called parasites is also a clue, as is the fact that 002 is mentioned to had devoured the stamen in episode 1.
For "sex" to actually occur, the relationship between the pistil and the stamen needs to be symbiotic.

Because the development still has cucky undertones regardless of there being any "coitus" involved. NTR can also be a purely emotional thing.
The disgusting undertone of that scene was necessary from a narrative standpoint because it perfectly conveys failure, especially on Hiro's part. He did not trust 002, and got punished for it. So did Mitsuru for not trusting Ikuno.

>I self insert

>The disgusting undertone of that scene was necessary from a narrative standpoint because it perfectly conveys failure, especially on Hiro's part. He did not trust 002, and got punished for it.
What are you even talking about?

>they are literally fucking
>literal cuck
>literal
>REEEEEEEEEEE

Different guy, but its obvious
>He didnt go along with 02 in kicking up a fuss to pilot last episode even though he wanted to and now he has to live with the guilt of whathisface getting drained by her

It is still pretty hype, If by the end of the first cour things doesn't change, well, now then you can complain about it.

How was that scene unclear? They show his friends right before he makes his decision. That's his reason. It was not the situation to puff out his ego. What happened after stung because it was a sacrifice and sacrifices need something to be sacrifice - in this case Hiro's pride.

>need something to be sacrifice - in this case Hiro's pride.
Just pride? Did you forget about Ikuno? 02 said Hiro had to be the pilot but he didnt believe in her

>Fidelity goes deeper than sexual intercourse
Either a woman or a troll.

02 argued for a selfish reason and that alone. She wanted to ride with her Darling. That's it. She wasn't doing it to avoid hurting others.

>02 argued for a selfish reason
Irrelevant, she was right

>honey, I want to fuck you, not Jamal
>uhh, you're being real selfish right now

HE HATE IT.

right according to which moral rules

>Muh morals
Ikuno is fucking dead?

>Irrelevant, she was right
She can't be right about something she never expressed. She never expressed a warning about anyone other than Hiro riding with her. The only thing she expressed is her desire and asked Hiro to do the same.

>honey, I want to fuck you, not Jamal
>uhh, you're being real selfish right now
Are you not tired of acting this retarded?

>t. moron
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fidelity

I love the idiots defending the literal ntr doujinshi level of writing and saying relationships arent just physical.

I love the retards shitposting while not having watched the show

I watched the show
Ep 1 was generic
Ep 2 was kinda intersting and you got to know more about the world
Ep 3 just showed how empty the main character is.

>I love the idiots defending the literal ntr doujinshi level of writing and saying relationships arent just physical.
Well the irony here is that physical relationship is exactly what is not there and not real but retards think the ntr is real.

Ok.

I dunno, are you?

Because that doesn't support your argument at all. Maybe you should leave things like this to men, since obviously your primitive feminine mind can't handle complex topics like basic inference.

You're actually retarded and overreacting way too much.

t. cucky

It's murican hours, don't attempt to use logic

You're the only cretin here. Fidelity implies abstention from adultery but abstention from extramarital affairs is not the whole of what fidelity is.

I am a man.

Episode 1 let us know more about the world then episode 2, and episode 3 has been just as consistent in that same regard.

Nothing in episode 3 implies the main character is empty in any kind of way. It simply lets the viewer know he is selfless and currently lacking confidence which was all justified thanks to the characterization in episodes 1 and 2.

Describe the main caracter outside of "hes a beta".

Stop projecting yourself onto the MC you loser.

>WAHHHH why don't thinks automatically go the mc's way? Why do they keep showing him fail or hit narrative walls early on in the story?
>this isn't like my sao, everything is supposed to go perfect right off the bat waaaah

Oh grow up. All episode 3 did was lay the ground work for better story telling. Too often the main character is never put in an actually defeated state, or made to look uncool.

Having 02 stare him down when he refused her was about as heavy a gut punch they could possibly delivery at this point in the narrative, it's great set up, all they need to do know is deliver on his growth.

This mc makes shinji look like kamina.

Is that why you're so keen to project yourself onto Hiro?

I would guess he's keen to project himself onto hero because identifying with the protagonist is not only common, but also a reliable narrative device that the writers often take advantage of.

You retarded fucking sperg shiteater.

Hiro is the golden boy who has fallen from grace, his peer once regarded him as their leader yet his failure to complete his life goals have left him desperate and depressed.
His selfless, and prioritizes his team over himself even when they disrespect him.

Failing in front of everyone after being held to such a high standard definitely does something to your confidence, so it makes it really hard to see him hit wall after wall.

>Run to warn his friend about the Klaxosaur and doesn't even slow down when the beast literally passes 10 meter away from him
>Doesn't think twice about getting in the robot despite knowing the dangers of riding with 002.

You better have killed a bear with your bare hands to be able to call him beta user

>Doesn't care about running into danger (going to save his friends in ep 1 without a mech)=balls of steel
Doesn't give a fuck and wants to pilot the mech even though he saw that it kills people.
>About to beat the shit out of manlet fuck for questioning his piloting ability before being broken up by the team.
>Obsessive, ugly blue haired bitch gives away her first kiss and he flat out tells her she's shit.
>Obsessive silent type sees an opportunity to pilot the mech, Hiro is pissed but the military won't let him and he doesn't want his jobber friends to die.
Mitsuru doesn't job but makes a fucking fool of himself and nearly dies. Everyone finally fucking realises that Hiro should get in the fucking mech.

He has beta moments but at least he's not one dimensional. Everyone's out to prove that the can pilot better than him or with him and they've all been proven to be wrong so far.

What? You don't need to self-insert to follow a story along at all. Yet you do it anyway. Why?
Are you actually mad at Hiro or mad at yourself? When you cry "cuck" who are you mad at? How many girlfriends have cheated on you so far?

>gets pressured into suicidal behavior by a woman
>takes insults from a bunch of retards for years

He's a fag

Every Trigger anime ever.

Stop talking about yourself.

I have no idea what you're talking about, Hiro sure took being a cuck like a champ.

>jobber
>job

what did he mean by this?

Well, first of all, identifying with a character and self-inserting are different things.

Also, I'm mad at the fact that something I find aesthetically unpleasant has appeared in a piece of media that I happened to consume. Is that so foreign to you? Or do you just want to play armchair psychologist?

How is this disgusting? It's just bad.

>judging anime from only 3 episodes

I wish I was pressured into suicidal behavior by a woman. Hell, not even a woman. Anyone. When will I finally muster up the courage to abandon this mortal coil?!

Do you seriously not know what a jobber is?

>identifying with a character and self-inserting are different things.
Same difference. You don't need to identify with a character to follow a story. Yet you do it, and with the MC no less, whom you call a "beta" and a "cuck". Why do you identify with the "beta" "cuck"?

You know that children who can't pilot might as well be dead, right? That's kind of one of the major plot points. I don't think you've actually watched this show and just shitpost here because it's flavour of the month.

>When will I finally muster up the courage to abandon this mortal coil?!
Just do it.

Are you that /r9k/ fag that was here on Saturday night trying to justify why women are evil and acted like a typical pseudo sociopath?

Well, that would be valid if following a story was all there was to actually enjoying it.

Also I believe the original poster's problem was that it is indeed difficult to identify with a beta cuck.

So? Be dead then, the faggot can't pilot anyway lmao

fucking kys little cucc shit

His casual use of beta and cuck probably mean he's a crossposter from Sup Forums or /r9k/ and his opinions on anime should be ignored.

Does it matter if it's the same guy? He's a prime candidate for euthanasia anyway.

???

>crossposter from Sup Forums or /r9k/
oh no

Please get off Sup Forums, you're actually fucking embarrassing with that newfaggotry.

rich coming from an outsider cuckoldry enthusiast

I become upset when I can't have my power fantasy
How many girlfriends have cheated on you so far user?

You can tell in like in less than 5 minutes

This show seems cliched as hell. Why is it a big deal?

Did your girlfriend cheat on you because you're fat? Or is it that you're a spineless pussy with a lisp?

It only seems that way.

What seems cliched?

>I'll just shotgun insults at him, that'll work

True. Cuckoldry has become a cliche in modern society.

I've never seen people this mad in a 3rd episode since Madoka

It seems like it borrows ideas from Evangelion and Attack on Titan. Nothing about seems original, especially with the shy, self-loathing protagonist who also happens to be a "teen prodigy".

Everything about it seems very generic.

Admit it, you guys only like it for the fanservice and waifus, huh?

Violet Evergarden: It's fucking boring man

You're obviously not here to discuss the anime, so I am responding appropriately, in line with what are your actual concerns:

Did you catch your girlfriend cheating on you in the act?
Did hearing her moan while getting fucked by someone else turn you on?
Did you masturbate to it?

Just fuck off seriously. This is probably the first time you've heard of NTR in the 20 shows you watched and it has excited you. You type like a 18 year old who's shit parents couldn't afford college for. You think your analysis of women is some really deep shit when it sounds that all you know about life or how humans behave is the time you skimmed through an article on Freud and the rest in /r9k/ or Sup Forums shouting at pictures of black cocks and posting touhous with trump hats on. Just fuck off back to your hole.

>It seems like it borrows ideas from Evangelion and Attack on Titan.
Oh look, an entry level retard calling something cliche and unoriginal.
What a shock.

Your defensiveness proves my point. You only like it for the fanservice and waifus. You're just like those obsessed Rick and Morty fans who think they're deep for liking that show.

I've been discussing the anime from my first post, while you've been projecting your cuck fantasies onto me the whole time.

lmao cry more cuccboi

>It seems like it borrows ideas from Evangelion
What ideas so I can explain what a retard you are

>Attack on Titan
Jesus

>shy
He isnt shy

>teen prodigy
He was a proidgy, then he burnt out

This is fucking sad to read. Just stop dude.

The whole mecha theme with a troubled prodigy protagonist is generic.

But it's okay if you masturbate to Zero Two, I don't care.

nah

He's not troubled. He just wants to pilot the robot.

>mah rick and morty comparisons
Watch more anime you idiot. Attack on Titan is one of the most hackneyed anime and manga of the last 30 years. Or better yet, just fuck off.

Even Evangelion is just as derivative as DITF. Not that you'd know that.