How many of you still watch Detective Conan?

Never see any threads on here, so I just assume it's either a completely forgotten show or everyone thinks it sucks and no one cares.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.uguu.se/dCiKYv1XJJua.xhtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

About 150 ep behind, the fillers are horrendous.
I’m pretty sure they were better early on.

we have conan threads occasionally

Is Conan worth watching at all? I watched like the first 10 episodes and enjoyed them but does it manage to stay good and fresh for 900 episodes?

I miss round Conan.

>Never see any threads on here
That means you are new.

There are threads sometimes.
I watched some episodes in the past, casual order, on TV. I'm just too curious to know how it ends.

Sooo.....nostalgiafag here. Watched it back then on TV.

I bet someone can sum up the overarching prot progression in one post

Canon's good, filler varies.

Saw one of the Lupin x Conan crossovers, the Conan cast was meh, the only interesting thing Conan did was to notice that the magazines' letters used in the anonymous blackmail were unique to the region they were in.

>prot

There was a link I saw a long time away w/ all the progression but I forgot it

Some black dudes appear, some shit happens, some Americans appear, some shit happens, some more black dudes appear and then more Americans and then some shit happens. A little bit of teen love here and there and then some black dudes again. And, you guessed it, some shit happens.

Guide to Detective Conan

>read the manga, there's a better scans out there for earlier chapter
>watch whatever your favourite episodes
>watch the movie, although there is a somewhat declining and repetitive pattern, the best ones are generally the earlier movie
>ova and specials are optional

I'm waitng for next chapter. We finally know, or rather got confirmed, the identity of the Boss

Sera is a miracle.

I'm at like episode 345 and I've enjoyed most of the filler episodes so far. Only been a few shit ones, and usually focused on the kids. Then again I love mysteries and just watch 1-2 episodes a night so I don't really burn out trying binge it to catch up.

I think it is if you like mysteries. Lots of really good stuff. If you really don't want to watch it all you can just use the Conan wiki's episode list, they mark everything by whether it's from the manga or is filler, and then further breaks it down by marking which episodes have the Black Organization or introduce new characters.

At the very least I'd recommend the movies. They're all pretty good so far.

345 is the best episode of the entire series.

it was popular not even a year ago. the same group hasn't been posting as much

Conan is something you watch more for the individual episode mysteries then the "Meta-Plot" since that one moves at pace where you get a new development like every 2-3 years.

A good 2-3 part episode is what is the best as it gets. movies tend to fluff way too much, singular ones barely feels like mysteries.

Kogoro and Heiji Episodes are consistently good, Detective Kid Episodes are consistently bad, Kaito Kid Episodes started stomachache enough but hit a point where they feel like Alternate Universe which can be annoying, with a few outliers.

Most memorable episode for me is the Stalker one despite it barely being a mystery and just being a one shot.

nah
this one is

I switched to the manga around episode 500ish because I couldn't stand the trash fillers and the art style/OST change.
Still watch the movies though.
Also, Sera is an overrated smelly boy.

Did anything ever actually happen with the overarching plot of this show? I've only seen what was dubbed but I've read some stuff about it and all I've seen is that someone else gets turned into a kid and becomes a new character, but that they still don't know anything about the organization.

In the latest chapter of the manga the name of the BO boss was revealed

I was up with the manga until a year and few months, is fun but too slow, i will wait until it ends

The manga revealed who the head of the BO is out of nowhere because the author's dying then went on indefinite hiatus, there's not a lot to discuss

Fuck that

a.uguu.se/dCiKYv1XJJua.xhtml

But the movies are literally the same art style.

There's the damn link. Thanks, user.

Well I look forward to tonight then

>author's dying

Fucking what?

Watched all of it.
It is being watched by more people than the seasonal animes.
3rd highest watched anime on gogo.

Most hardcore fans prefer to talk in forums, also, there's really no need to discuss when there's nothing happening. There's occasionally a thread in Sup Forums whenever something big happens.

lurk more newfriend

Dumbfucks on a conan thread, who would've thought.

I don't watch it but I keep up with the manga.

We're all dying, user.

its got an interesting art style, that alone speaks volumes.

He's been sick off and on for a couple years now. I don't think there's been any announcement that he's dying. But the series is on hiatus due to illness.

The author better not pussyfoot around when he comes back from his surgery now that he's revealed the identity of the organization's leader.

Terminal stuff like cancer tends to be kept secret in the society. Hopefully for his sake it's nothing like that.

>surgery
I just thought he was sick. Since when did he have that?

I gave up a long time ago.
I'll just wait for the compressed reboot once its finished

Oh, that was just me assuming stuff. He said he's recuperating from some illness so I thought that might have implied some sort of medical treatment.

I still really enjoy watching it, though I'm terribly behind (240s). It brings back great memories of adult swim and being young. Plus, I thoroughly enjoy detective stories, so it's filler doesn't bother me in the least.

Conan being the massive series that it is, I think that forces a lot of people to be in widely different spots in terms of completion. Which leads to people not wanting to discuss it, in order to avoid spoilers or finding someone not as far along as you.

It's a fun show, and I love it dearly for it's entertainment, but I don't think it lends itself to casual discussion just by its nature, at least not on Sup Forums.

Sadly have forgotten pretty much everything regarding the overarching plot. Don't feel like reading again.

On that note, Kindaichi or Conan? Feel like Kindaichi does treat the reader better and gives all the clues required whereas Conan does a lot of asspulls. Conan has much better characters though.