Why does every animu girl act like these are so oishii? It's just rice?

Why does every animu girl act like these are so oishii? It's just rice?

What do you mean, that's clearly a sandwich.

Jelly donuts are delicious

You mean you don't like jelly filled donuts?

You mean rice isn't oishi?

I've always wondered, what's that black stuff and how do they keep the rice together? Wouldn't the entire thing fall apart on the first bite?

Japanese propaganda

I don't get it either, plain white rice is so disgusting. I always substitute french fries for rice whenever I go out to eat.

it's seaweed and the rice is sticky
you are a hikiNEET or something? how have you never encountered either of these things

>what's that black stuff

seaweed

>tfw too retard to figure out how to perfectly cook rice to do this

geez user.

It's usually not just rice

what do you mean its just rice? Are you telling me every type of rice you have eaten in your entire life tastes identical? When rice is made correctly the taste is bounds higher than normal and if by chance you get the rice from a good source its even better.

Usually it has something like a dried plum or salmon inside for flavor, or a special seasoning mixed in.

Also rice is oishii!

Who doesn't like donuts?

>It's just rice?

The rice is seasoned and they usually have filling.

they're pretty good
salmon, tuna and roe ones are great and the rice is good too

Usually it's seasoned. You'd be amazed at the difference a bit of salt can make. Also they sometimes have salmon or stuff in them, which is absolutely delicious

>tried making these once
>made the mistake of using long-grain white rice and the balls wouldn't stick together
Not to mention the fact that the seaweed and pickled plums tasted disgusting and I had a whole crapton that I could never get rid of.
How do the japs do it?

Best conbini onigiri is tunamayo, prove me wrong

t. person who has never eaten a burger.

>drink water while eating
blocksyourintestines.jpg

Would you a Riko Bomb?

>not dipping your onigiri in bbq sauce
Get fucking real.

Lemme guess, you're a white American.

What

seaweed tastes great faggot

>167770777
wew
It's funny. I usually make rice (not the japanese one) to eat, and if I'm not careful it gets sticky. Pic related.
Still tastes good though. You should try frying some garlic and then adding the water and the rice.

You just cant go calling everything a sandwich if its got two pieces of bread around it.

>what's that black stuff and how do they keep the rice together
Are you for real

I think you're adding too much oil.

Why does every animu girl act like these are so oishii? It's just water?

A pop tart is a sandwich

They've been mindbroken to enjoy the water torture these devices are used for.

tab back into golf NL

Seaweed is gross. I can eat sushi all day, but only without nori

Buy a rice cooker, Pedro.

It's really cheap and makes for a great healthy snack.
Not really into umeboshi, but doing onigiri out of fish+seasoned Rice really makes for a ride.

>saturated rice is going to absorb more water
man you're dumb

That's disgusting.

Fag

I would get it if it’s Chinese fried rice since that’s delicious but just white rice is plain as it gets.

I have to agree with: . You probably pleasure men for entertainment.

It's because rice taste fucking great

That looks disgusting. Like something you'd pull out of a cleaning appliance.

filling? with what? bean paste? thats nasty dude

>Wouldn't the entire thing fall apart on the first bite?
It has every time I've eaten it.

i would riko womb

Yes, yes I would.

>curry rice and meat inside

Yes.

Yes.
user, no.

>Thinking spics know how to make quality rice

Growing up eating something is different.

All of Asia grows up eating spoiled fermented cabbage.

riko no bakudan sounds okay i guess

Sushi rice is super sticky.

>prove me wrong
I can't.

This is the kind of rice I usually eat

Maybe if you have ruined your taste buds with trash food.

the better question why this shitty alcohol meme is still a thing. they sip on a beer and act like theyve just ex'ed a bottle of absynth. do japanese actually behave like this when drinking liquor or alcohol in general? i cant tell if its an anime exclusive meme by now.

ongiri should have pickled plums, and should be relatively small (they used to use their armpits to form the onigiri so keep that in mind when thinking of size)

For Americans like me, I recommend a can of solid chunk tuna mixed with hot oil, mayo, and a dash or two of fish sauce because canned tuna doesn't really taste like fish to me anymore not after getting obsessed with fresh tuna.

>do japanese actually behave like this when drinking liquor or alcohol in general?
yes, they do
it depends on the person of course but in my experience japs are often terrible at handling alcohol, but even in its presence they become more lively (similar to karaoke). they also often have asian flush.

Salmon.

It's exaggerated, and depends on the person, but Japan and most of asia were introduced to alcohol much later than the west. It's the same thing with dairy, many asians are lactose intolerant because their digestive system hasn't adapted to be able to properly break down lactose. Alcohol works in a very similar way, they can't metabolize it as effectively so they get drunk off of sometimes ridiculously small amounts of alcohol. I met someone who would be drunk after one beer, and gone after two.

Asians suck at holding their alcohol. And the Chinese hold a high respect for you if you can outdrink them. So if you're Slavic, Scottish or Irish you have it easymode over there

THAT WIRR BE 300 DORRAR PREASE

Literally buy a cheap pressure cooker, 1 cup of rice, 1 cup of water, press the button, and wait for the ding.

Sad.

>Not adding any salt

The only salt I need is from these brainlets struggling to cook something as simple as rice.

Oh, good one.

t. drinks with southerners
it's like you don't know that most of northern china drinks alcohol only above 60%

Thanks. I appreciate the compliment as it triggers a response in my central nervous system that releases dopamine into my system.

euthanize yourself, fatass

Burrito and Tacos are not sandwiches! they are culturally distinct and probably predate the invention of the sandwich. they are their own species of handheld food!

POPTARTS ARE NOT FOOD! THEY ARE INDUSTRIAL BYPRODUCTS!!!!!

The nips and seaweed is how we found the wonderful ingredient of MSG.

its the same seasoned rice they use to make sushi?
cause that shit tastes amazing, i can eat only that whiout the fish

>how do they keep the rice together?
Let me guess; you have only ever eaten long grain rice?
Long grain rice obviously doesn't stick together, but the Japanese only eats short grain varieties.

>tfw I won't take a Jap QT to Karaoke and get her JP sloshed on sake and asahi dorai until my job sends me there several years from now, blushing bright red and mumbling into the mic, making occasional eye contact flirtatiously and yet awkwardly throughout the night

-ラストオーダーは何時間です

You mean shari? No, at least not the ones I had.

i wish sushi was as dirt cheap in europe as it is in japan. riceballs are fucking aids, even if they add plums or a bunch of other stuff.

They're almost always filled with some delicious goodness. You'd know this if you were a real anime fan.

>OP doesn't add salt
>OP doesn't vinegar
>OP doesn't know these usually contain things like tuna or roe among other things
>OP doesn't know these are in fact jelly-filled doughnuts

I grew up in japan in the 90's and early 2000's, and I will say, there was nothing better than going to 7/11 at 9pm and getting 1 salmon and 1 tuna onigiri. Man to this day, still my favourite food. Had so many

Warm beer isn't 60%

Arancini > onigiri

I lived off that shit last time I went to japan. It's such a simple food but so filling. I still miss the crunchiness of that nori.

Because you can put things IN the rice.

Before I read your post, I thought that was a noodle cake.

Good|Neutral|Evil
Lawful
Neutral
Chaotic

i love me some jellybeam doughtnuts

>yuropeans had to drink wine in ancient days instead of water since it was better than water contaminated by microbes
>developed stronk alcohol dehydrogenases to deal with it
>yuropeans also began trying to drink milk to have as another nutritional source
>began developing lactase persistence genotypes to combat bloatiness

>virgin beta nips got neither

They're usually filled with something, most commonly sour pickled plums. Which are a heavily aquired taste, but if you like super sour and salty things theyre good. The rice helps balance out how intense the flavor of the plums are.

yeah i search it up its the same method of cooking
but they dont dip vinager and suggar into the onagiri one

What type of beer though, being kind of drunk from a couple high content beers isn't that crazy. Shit light or pbr on the other hand would be weird.

>italian cuisine is superior
No shit, tell me something new.

They live longer though.

Like 5% ish, give or take a half. And no, I mean actually trouble walking drunk after just a single beer.