Durarara X 2

What was his problem? Seriously? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4jOLebp9Rb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he wanted to live the wild life

He wanted the edgy life.

I guess so, but at that extent? I mean I understand that he somehow thought all of this would end in making the city safer...But I'm not sure how? It just seems like everything was an excuse for him to get a thrill, including the stuff about making the Dollars an urban legend. It was like he was so caught up in it, he just felt compelled to do it .

Maybe his craziness just blindsided me because he seems much more outwardly 'normal' than the majority of the other characters. That and the whole narrative pulls away from him even more as the third season rolls in , so it's hard to figure out his motivations .

His pride was really worth all of that though ? I mean he says in the second to last episode how far he's willing to go. I do like how everyone just accepts him afterwards, since that seems to be a running theme in the show .

Good thing the others seems to understand his real faggy reality.Hubris kills.

It's so weird though because his pride is pushed by his own intense self-doubt.

So Baccano is by the same person? I should watch it right? I really really enjoyed this roller coaster. I loved how some characters still have me scratching my head (mostly Mikado and Izaya). I did feel like they had too much to cram in in the second part (X 2) but I didn't feel less satisfied with it than the first part.

He was just afraid of becoming a lame nobody.
He wanted an exciting life, and sought to at the very least be constructive about it. If anything his idea wasn't really anything over the top, he basically just started an online chat group that does mild good deeds for the community while pretending to be a street gang. I'm sure even the show commented on how lame that is on paper, but it caught on.
Then it spun out of control.
He wanted his exciting life, he didn't want everything to go to shit, then it all became a struggle for him to reconcile the danger of becoming the lameass he feared and/or letting a beast he created roam around hurting people while he did nothing.

On a moral level, it was about redemption. He created the Dollars with good inentions, but now it was being used as a criminal network. He felt responsible for this and wanted to purge the criminals from it. But yes, it is heavily suggested many times that he's just on a power trip, and using this moral justification as an excuse.
>That and the whole narrative pulls away from him even more as the third season rolls in
From what I've heard, the author originally planned for him to only be a main character in book 1 (the first half of season 1), but due to his popularity amoung fans ended up making him a main character throughout. I don't know how true this is, but it may be the reason why the story starts to pull away from him, then shoves him right back into the focus.

>His popularity
He was like the second worst character.

He learn the hard way on why rules is important for a message board

The books were squarely aimed at teenage boys. Ofc the teenage boy who turns out to be the leader of an underground network and becomes a hero who saves the day would become the most popular character.

I think it pulled away from him to shroud his actions in mystery. So you keep asking the question 'Why ?'

I definitely do think it has that level of redemption to it as you and are saying...So it seems like his motives are very complicated.
That Aoba kid and Izaya are really weird. It never really explained what they are, if they aren't human , or what. Especially Izaya.In the first season I thought it was going to be revealed that he was Death or Fate or something, so I am so glad it did not go in that direction.

Eh, I disagree. He was a pretty lovable madman. Sadly he gets with the worst girl who is also the worst and most boring character in the story.

Anri is amazing, though!

I easily warm up to most characters though, so I liked all of the main 3. Simon and Shizuo were some of my favorites though.
I thought Shinra was annoying, but I think he's kind of supposed to be. I went back and forth with him on whether I liked him or not.

Baccano is better for me

Is there any other anime like this? I mean the whole multiple character stories intertwining thing. I already saw Baccano.

Izaya is just a chuuni with delusions of grandeur. He's a know-it-all who loves himself and likes playing around with others, but is ultimately just a vulnerable, normal guy. There are plenty of scenes there just to show this. Simon just punching him at the end of season 1, him getting really upset because he didn't get invited to the hot pot party at the end of season 2, him launching into a big speech in a video he left for Namie only for her to turn it off halfway through.

WAtch Occultic;Nine. It's way faster, louder, and possibly more annoying than DRRR and Baccano, but even more complex and intertwining.

Will check that one out, thanks.

>ywn live an exciting life and lead a gang of over 100 people and still have friends
how do I fix this

Okay I was not sure if he was a normal person who had separated himself from other people,of if he was something else like some of the other characters.
Also: What was the point of him having twin sisters? It was so weird. I guess to show he has family?

Yeah, again, just to show that he's really a normal guy underneath his posing. Also, twins are moe.

Because of Narita's compulsive need to add 3-4 new characters every book. Chances are 2 of them will get their plot wrapped up, 0-1 of them will join the main cast, and 1-2 of them will have their plot dropped and just hang around on the sidelines.

This was going to be the hypest moment when Shizuo climbed on the amazing shadow horse, but I'm not complaining about the bike of doom, either.

I noticed they quickly tried to sum some stuff up in that last episode...I don't mind the story just dropping characters, because I feel like I got enough of them. Like the idol Ruri. I didn't need to see her stalker get caught.

He was really freaky, but this show was full of freaky people.

Honestly guys I just have a lot of screenshots I want to drop.

She was a cutie, can't blame him.

Have a taser loli.

Hell I don't even remember how they actually wrapped up the half-demon girl's serial killing plot line.
They wrapped up the stalker plot, but really it was hard to feel any tension since she was a fucking demon. Having her lost sister save her was kind of pointless.

This is the face of a defeated man.

I still find it fun that out of all the fucked up relationships the show has, a mostly regular guy like Seiji is the one with the most disturbing one.

She just kind of stopped once she realized a monster could live a normal life after seeing Celty, and she was with Yuhei. I thought her plot line was pretty well wrapped up.

It was that damn head. I find it funny how he's still in love with the head,and Celty pretty much tells him to shut the fuck up.

This guy was amazing, but I can't remember his name for the life of me. There are a few characters I can't remember the name of.

He can't even run a massage board properly unlike gook

His name is Walker.

I just realized out of all the fucked up pairing in this series there's no male/male couple in this series, despite the large fujo fanbase.
We have incest, yuri, yuri incest, but no fujo couple.

>yuri, yuri incest,
Who?

I'm trying to really think on it, but this anime didn't really pander to the fujos at all.

Try googling Izaya and Shizuo, they must have known the fujoshits would have resolved the issue themselves

All they needed was the occasional Shizuo and Izaya interaction and they were good.

Shizuo and Izaya don't count?
Fujos can't get enough of those two.

Yeah, that's true. I feel like a basic bitch, but that's the yaoi pairing that would appeal to me most. I do really like Varona though.

It's not really supported in the anime though. There is a lot more yuri baiting stuff, like Namie kissing Mika , Erika grabbing Anri's boobs, etc.

They were great, I really liked the debt collector trio stuff. I was disappointed to see her have to leave.

But is there a serious yuri couple? The only thing I remember are the twins but if I remember correctly they end interested in some weird guy that goes to Mikado's school

That explains why X2 didn't do so well then. They barely interact until the last episodes.

I don't understand why it didn't do well because it was still good, but maybe hype just died out.

No, just various scenes here and there. All the couples were hetero. I don't know if Narita actually does yuri couples in his works or if it's only fanservice stuff.

Whatever happen to her after SH novel start?

I am interested in looking into the light novels to see what other stuff there might be.

Wasn't there a tomboy who was raped? What happened to that?

Genderbent!

She wasn't raped. Her brother thought she was because her dealings with Izaya. I never really knew why she was ok with following him even after she know he was literal garbage.

Do you mean Mikage? I think it just mentioned that in passing maybe? I barely remember. She was cool though.

Whenever he was nice to Akane I thought my heart was going to explode.

DRRR!!SH Anime when????

posting best OST

youtube.com/watch?v=4jOLebp9Rb0

I feel like the anime resolve itself decently as it is, though I would not have minded the ending having a few more eps not to feel crammed. Let me stew in some atmosphere.

I love this song. It hit the right tinge of zany.