Buyfag thread

Do you own any sword-wielding figures?

Read before posting: buyfag.moe

yes

sayaka is cute

Eli looks good with the tree.

Alter's latest Saber Alter, Momohime, Black Heart and an Ikaruga.

Just get one of these. amazon/ebay/alibaba or even your local wholesale store should have them.

Such a shame that Ques Q Rory has an ugly face.

Eli looks good with everything or nothing on

Amazon in Australia still isn't really developed, and there aren't exactly any stores near my area which sells them. I'm planning to visit Daiso or some such once university starts up again in March so I have a reason to take an hour train ride down to the city just for some risers.

Well it's fitting since Rory has an ugly face in general.

So I don't normally order from them, but Tokyo Otaku Mode has some stuff I'm looking into getting. They offer that TOM Premium thing, which brings their prices down a bit and has a $10 off welcome coupon. According to their FAQ it renews once every 90 days, but you can cancel it after 30. Has anyone signed up for it for the discounts, then ditched it afterward? I'm not really concerned with shopping with them in the future or anything.

They are expensive so i only shop during their reward pt specials. I dont bother signing up either, you get more reward pts. Ive gotten a few free figures that way

>TOM

Don't.

I don't intend on actually keeping it, I was just debating signing up purely for the discounts at checkout and then cancelling it before the next renewal cycle and was wondering if anyone else'd done the same.

Did user made tcg-buyfag guide yet?

>Has anyone signed up for it for the discounts, then ditched it afterward?
Yes I have. If the price is right go for it.

What's the risk like on buying a sorta lewd figure that's pre-owned but has an A rating on AmiAmi? It's a bikini figure but you can't remove the swimsuit. Will some dirty jap have cummed all over her or am I maybe safe?

>figure of würst girl
Yucky witch bitch.

Today in frivolous purchases: $5 for a pair of coasters on YAJ swiped from the AniMate Cafe because I thought they looked cute.

A figures are good. The owner probably took good care of it.

If you can't afford new goods you can't afford this hobby.

Thanks.

>Figure came out 2015 before I started buyfagging
Sure thing.

Only one. That Sayaka turned out pretty nice, I didn't have much hope for the rest of the set when I saw the art it was based off of.

>assuming all figures are easy to come by in new/sealed condition
what a pleb

Just this one and my PAK Vergil.

Not having got any plastic butts for 2 months in a row feels awfull man, especially if the things you did pre-order in those months got delayed.

Stay poor

this hot babe

This one.

I did it. Don't worry they're not shady or anything, it's easy as fuck to cancel the subscription.
Just be aware that you have to pay in advance for preorders, which makes canceling them basically impossible. And if the item is marked as 'shipping from the USA' you will get it a few months late as they send the marchandise by boat to their US warehouse before sending it to you.

anyone ever bought a MofuMofu Blanket?

A means it's unopened you dumb idiot. Unless some jap managed to stick his tiny dick directly into the box without opening it then it won't come pre-glued.

I've been thinking of getting a new lens for my camera recently. As far as figures are concerned, should I get a macro lens? Or can I get good results with a non macro prime lens at about 85mm?

A high quality macro lens will be useful for sure, it will work the same as a prime yet also focus up close.

I do shoot other stuff outside of my figures, so it's really more of a matter of how much I'd go out of my way to shoot macro.

The ones I'm deciding between are the Sony 85mm 1.8 and the Sony 90mm 2.8. I really need to research the photos I've seen on MFC to see what their setups are like

I've been looking for something similar recently. Been using the kit lenses on my DSLR for a while at 55mm which has been fine, but I'm not sure what to upgrade to for figure photography, which is basically all I use it for. I'm quite tempted to get a 70-300mm f/4-5.6 macro lens, which I can find for relatively cheap locally, but I wonder if a prime lens would be better, and what focal length people use.
I hate that MFC now strips the EXIF data after they changed their layout, it used to be really useful.

Just use macro filters, way cheaper, does the same thing

Check out some of the photography blogs on the wiki. I remember some of them posting their kit specs.

I've got the Sony 90mm 2.8.
I really like it.
Auto-focus is super slow, but manual focus is easy.

roll is ugly

who do you show these pictures to? i don't understand why you do this

This non-autistic shiki.

Is it just me that thinks these types of macro images are only useful for judging the quality of a figure?

Usually, I prefer to look at images that can capture the complete silhouette of a figure.

>still learning about aperture

Can't get over this duckface. Why so shit?

>Why so shit?

>Fate
>Joint

The mystery remains

People consider the face ugly?

you're ugly

What did you shoot this on, btw?

Mostly anons.
Sometimes mfc.
Maybe two friends.

a6300
>pic related is kit lens

Just this one, she's next to my Bunny Ryuuko right now.

Oh, that's nice then. I've got an a6000, but will be getting an a7rii soonish.

The kit lens that came with my a6000 was such fucking trash. Traded it in almost immediately

My rose girls.

Got her

>fang

ONE JOB

does anyone have experience with hiring an in person proxy for WF? I don't know where to begin with trying to find someone to do it.

This was fast. That Ryuuko is a guaranteed preorder for me.

And where did user mention his financial status, hmm? Don’t assume he’s poor unless he says so. Besides, there’s nothing wrong with buying anything preowned (as long as it’s in good condition) to save some money.

Just this smol knight.

Please Japan, I can't take much more/

You guys literally put over 100 dollars on plastic and wait 8 months to get it? Is everything sold out by the same the figures actually come out?

Nope. I'm and lancerfag

Good deal. Just preordered these straps myself. It’s not everyday you see new merchandise of bunny Lum.

Cute! Not sure how I feel about Rush, though.

Nope, we're all NEETs here, jerking off to photos of figures only, and mommy would never let us buy a dollie for ourselves anyway (dollies are not for boys)

No, that’s why they’re called PRE-orders. They’re available to buy and ready to ship once they release.

So, how’s the blizzard business in Japan? I presume it stopped and they’re starting to clean up.

>Is everything sold out by the same the figures actually come out?
I'm going to take a stab and guess that "Same" is supposed to be "Time".

And yes, that is often the case. Either the figure is sold out everywhere and the only way to buy without a pre-order is by paying a variable upmark to scalpers, or it "Bins" (sales so low it winds up in a bargain bin with a diminishing price immediately). So really, buyfagging is a gamble. You're either pre-ordering and hoping that the fig doesn't bin, thus rewarding your investment vs. scalpers, or you wait and hope that it does bin so that you don't have to pay extra to buy from 3rd parties.

EMS that got processed in Tokyo on the 22nd finally made it to New York on the 28th.

Decembers SAL made it here yesterday though.

Woa that's a really nice and delicious a-
>Pulchra
FUCK.

It keeps happening

Same thing for the Yumi figure.

>9k
>1/7
>multiple faces
>good manufacturer
What's the catch?

>What's the catch?
Drunk bitches and whores.
Alcohol is shitty drug. It should be banned, just like everything else.

House or condo Sup Forums?

does it matter? you never really own either thanks to taxes.
house, fuck having people live directly up/down/side of you.

>15k moonbucks
Looks like a PAK, especially the hair. At this rate lancer will get a good fig faster than redman

Houses are better in my opinion, because you can do whatever you want with them, but where I live condos are safer and have better localization.
So under my circumstances I would take a condo.

The premium membership is shit. I'm on the trial now and nothing has a good discount. They try to justify it by saying you get the money back in TOM points but you can't treat TOM points as cash since they eat into your free shipping and future TOM point earnings.

If you need a coupon, they have WHOOPS for 10% off, expiring tomorrow.

yes, but it's belong to Sup Forums

Not like this thread is very Sup Forums related anyway.

Do any of you own multiple recolors of the same figure?

No, I'd rather get another fig

Somewhat true. But you can do some fun things with close ups.

I wish I had that one

I have no idea why I pre-ordered this. I'm not regretting it, I just can't pinpoint exactly what I like so much about it.

I like swords, but I suppose I don't actually. Only guns.

Their great looking Shiro is also less than 10k.

It seems KirinHobby is universally hated, but does that mean that they won't give you the items you paid for eventually? T

here's a fine line between what is legal and what isn't so I'm guessing the bad reviews for KirinHobby stem from their lack of customer service more than KirinHobby outright defrauding people.

I ask because there is a figure only available there as far as I know but I hesitate.

I decided to give a try to buy a figure just to see if I'll like it but why the fuck no loli figure has a decent shaped ribcage this bothers me so much. Maybe I'm too autistic for this.

>there is a figure only available there
What is it?

Sexy cutie.

Still upset that her face is what it is, art accurate or no.