We're past the 3 episode point

We're past the 3 episode point.
What shows have you dropped so far this season?

I wanted to like this but I dropped it pretty hard once I realized it was just a commercial.

Why can there never be a good animated adaptation of Jun Ito's work? Is his art style just too detailed to translate to animation?

Just make Souichi into his own Slice of Life/Light Comedy series already. We want it. We need it.

Only thing i've dropped is Slow Start
I'm all for CGDCT but goddamn is that show boring not even the girls can save it

I haven't dropped anything.

None of those I decided to watch yet.

Nothing, I like everything I picked up

Ryuuou, but ugly lolis

Violet everflop
Slow start
Mitsuboshi colors
Sora yoi
Pop team epic

I haven't watched it yet, but I can't imagine how they could adapt Ito's infamous full page spread reveals into animated form without losing something in the process. Those pages are made in such a way that they're really grotesque but you can't help but linger on them because your eyes get drawn all over the place to every little detail. I still intend to watch it, but the fact that it's not getting nearly as much attention as I thought it would is probably not a good sign.

>Pop team epic
>picking it up in the first place

Gave up on Beatless and Kokkoku. Will probably slog through Violet.

I decided to try not dropping anything this season. We'll see how it works out, I guess.

You should drop the whole industry since you're at it.

What if you stop keeping up but still put it away on the backlog?

Easier to say which shows I haven't dropped yet.
Ryuuou
Kokkuku
Miira no Kaikata
Koi wa Ameagari
Fate I will watch the 2nd episode of before deciding

This is Sup Forums though.
Not getting attention is probably the best sign for an anime being good.

Pop team epic, Junjou itou.
I'm probably going to backlog Gakuen babysitters.
I can understand watching the first and maybe 2nd episode. After that, all hope is lost.

Yeah, but I'm not seeing a reaction anywhere, not just Sup Forums. It must be a really bad adaptation if it's not shocking enough for people to talk about it anywhere. I was sure we'd be swimming in memes by now, with Sup Forums being furious about "normies" ruining it, kinda like Jojo.

>it's not getting nearly as much attention as I thought it would
At least it's not as bad as the Gyo movie.

>going to other places besides Sup Forums
Your fault. Beside, you should just watch it.
It's not bad. Though I haven't read the original manga.

Citrus, Darling in the FranXX, Hakumei to Mikochi, Overlord, Toji no Miko

>Pop team epic,
>Junjou itou.
One mans trash is another mans treasure I guess, considering these are my favorites this season

Nothing. Dropping shows is for the weak.

This
at most I backlog 'em

one mans trash, another mans trash taste

Dropped anime this year unless a show or movie makes the headlines

Citrus for sure.

Not sure if I'll keep watching Slow Start. The first two episodes were pretty boring.

I thought I'd drop Poputepipikku at first, but I'm enjoying it now.

Violet Evergarden is just so unoffensive that if I drop it, it'll probably won't be out of volition, but because I forgot about it one week.

darling in the trash

I wanted to watch Toji no Miko since I thought being an original would make it at least mildly interesting but it didn't turn out that way. Slow Start is just too fucking slow.

Don't watch it, it's absolute shit. Some of Sup Forums try to make it fun in a meme-ish way.
The only reason why i watch it is because it's the only show this season i am watching

Basically this.
I try not to make a habit of dropping series when I can help it, and I'm almost caught up with almost everything this season.

This season is pretty strong tbf

Slow Start and Hakumei to Mikochi, both are boring as all fuck. Toji no Miko after a single episode. It wasn't as boring as the other 2, but I could tell I wouldn't like it. Probably will drop Beatless very soon. Was on the verge of dropping Marchen Madchen, but the 3rd ep may have saved it since it looks like it may finally be interesting.

Bruh, Yebisu is a top tier beer.

>Hakumei to Mikochi
Only watched the first episode so far.
What didn't you like about it?

Marchen Madchen
Grancest Senki
Hakyuu Houshin Engi

A lot of people dropping Slow Start.
I guess the title is accurate.

the souichi episode is good

I don't drop shows because i'm not a faggot. Watching VEG is a torture though, if anyone is reading this, just wait for the show to end and then watch it all in one go, or don't watch it at all to begin with.

Not dropping it myself, but I'm not surprised. It's pretty mild even by CGDCT standards.
The animation is amazing though.

It's a shame since the premise could be interesting enough for a CGDCT show, but in execution, holy hell the director must have no idea what he is doing. You can't just slap cute girls with cookie cutter personalities on the screen then have them do NOTHING. I knew I was in for a real treat when the highlight of episode 1 was the girls looking at fucking trees.

So far only dame x prince, kinda liked the first episode and don't mind otome, but the next episodes didn't really do it for me. Bit unsure about the loli shogi, but for now i will keep going.

Pedositters
that retarded mummy show
Sanrio boys
Soul Hunter
Pte
Devilman
Takagi
Nanatsu no Taizai 2
Basilisk 2

Colors, mädchen, Overlord2, Miira, Babysitters, Takagi.

it's zero substance shit like Hinako Note

there are way better SoL picks for this season

Mother fucking this.
Goddamn is VEG boring, the thing about character studies is that you actually need a character to study.

Dropped:
Beatles
Citrus
Death March
Gakuen Babysitters
Grancrest Senki
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
Killing Bites
Ryuuou no Oshigoto
Takunomi

>All these shitters dropping Citrus
Good. We don't want you in our threads

Nothing yet
violet evergarden's third episode was okay so I'll stick with for a few more
franxx is pretty stupid, but not bad enough for me to drop it yet
citrus makes for fun threads even though it's also shitty
pop team epic is actually okay now, the first episode was shit
junji ito is also bad, but it makes for some great unintentional comedy, occasionally they actualy get the tone right
I'm still not happy with Takagi-san's casting and direction, but it also improved a bit and mina and her friends make it worth watching
fate is still too early to tell
I like the other shows I'm watching quite a lot, mitsuboshi colours's zero animation last episode was kinda annoying but oh well. I rarely drop shows, most of the time I do it's by the end of episode 1.

I know people say the fab four are great but to drop them in 2k18 is quite an achievement

I didn't even pick up that homosex bullshit.
You can keep it. And all the the other faggots within your threads.

Citrus is just trashy Jerry Springer drama. Not everyone is into that.

That's the one meme i talked about

>that retarded mummy show

Is anyone even watching this other than me? Can't recall seeing a single thread about it. It's not really good, but strangely I'm not compelled to drop it either.

>Just make Souichi into his own Slice of Life/Light Comedy series already. We want it. We need it.

Yes please.

Each episode has had about four threads that start with "I guess no one else is watching this" that get a few dozen posts each.

I'm watching it. It's okay.

Miira, Koizumi, Dagashi Kashi 2, Takunomi, Killing Bites, Slow Start, Hakumei

Darling in the FranXX is a drag to watch. Massively disappointed with Trigger.

I couldn't get invested into it. Can't really explain why. I'm watching and enjoying the other SoLs of the season but the characters and setting of Hakumei to Mikochi just didn't click with me at all even though they're pretty unique, so I ended up just being bored.

It's just as boring as Slow Start, but there's an added gimmick of the girls being really small and riding tiny animals.

This falls under the nu-Sup Forums category for me. Anything involving Netfux is riajyuu tier filth.

Takagi-san
Pop Team Epic
Not yet dropped, but soon:
Grancrest Senki
Killing Bites
Violet Evergarden

They're doing the art-style decently. What's not working in the adaptations so far is they're not building the atmosphere enough and keeping tone right. There's a part in Gyo with sad music as the BF zombie is being destroyed by the others, and it makes it hilarious when it shouldn't be. I also think rotoscoping would help keep the grounded/genuine feel of the comics. Deen's wonkily proportioned animation is fair, but its too clunky to really be great

>Dagashi Kashi 2
I thought I was going to drop it but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Still nowhere near as great as season one though.

They're doing Gyo in this one too? Or are you referring to the movie? If so that's a completely different topic. That movie was an insult to the source material.

>all these philistines who can't handle SOL

why is this season attracting so many cross-boarders

Only dropped Sword girls since it seemed like some garbage ass Kancolle/Touken Ranbu clone.

Enjoying everything else surprisingly, Citrus seems a bit Zzzzz.

Dropped:
>Beatless
>Dame x Caravan
>Koi wa Ameagari
>Mitsubishi colours
>Death March

Koi wa Ameagari after the third episode.
Killing Bites after the third minute.

>Darling in the FranXX
your loss mates

VEG I hate all the characters
Overlord I just can't find the interest to watch
Toji no Miko what did I even expect really
Ramen because its dagashi but worse
Takunomi because its an advert
I've watched an episode of slow start but find it hard to watch another episode for some reason so might just end up dropped for that reason

I don't know if I'd call them dropped just yet but I haven't gotten around to starting VEG or Darling

He's referring to the movie. We'll only get stories from the Junji Ito collection and Tomie as OVA.

Takagi-san
Citrus
Slow Start
Mitsuboshi colors
Sora yori
Koi wa Amegari
Toji no Miko
Beatless
Killing bites
Marchen Madchen

Slow Start was my only drop too. No plot and there are so many vastly superior cute girl shows this season alone that it suffers even worse by comparison.

gonna give Violet Evergarden one more episode to see where it goes.

Dropped Grancrest not even one episode in. Haven't had much time for anything else. Darling seems interesting in a stupid fun kind of way, but even if I do watch it I'm not fucking posting about it here. Those threads are high-power cancer engines.

Maybe not this season but i tried recently watching Overlord (S1) as everyone was sperging about it how fucking amazing it is and after 2 episodes i almost fell asleep. Boring fucking shit.

Overlord is easily the 2nd most overrated isekai after SAO. The main cast just steamrolls everyone and there is absolutely zero tension, even when there somehow is a threat against them. The only thing I kind of like about it is how its magic system is leveled in reference to D&D's.

Darling in the Franxx. I didn't pick up many shows to begin with.

Just Hakumei.

This dumb shit

If something is trash and you don't enjoy watching it why bother keeping up with it since this hobby is about entertainment?
some anons are idiots

Just Citrus so far, right at the end of episode 3. I don't know why Japan can't do blatant yuri without making it so melodramatic and forced.

Probably will end up dropping Pop Team Epic as well since it's mostly randumb shit to me.

So far, I've dropped only Darling in the Franxx

Devilman.

Man, that part was funny

I know right. Already dropped it thrice

Citrus, Violet Evergarden, and Gakuen Babysitterrs are the highlight of my week.

Only drop-worthy one I am watching is Sora Yori. I think it's terribly boring on a whole but I make a point of never dropping anything so it's just something I have on in the background.

That's not really the problem I'm having. The art and animation are watchable but so far other than dream, puppets and model they've been adapting some of his weakest stories.

>muh anime elitism

I knew a guy who picked up every single show just to call himself an expert at being able to trash every single one. You just get the feeling they've got nothing else in their life to feel accomplished about but doing this.

Moshi moshi, baito desu

I pretty much dropped everything at least once this season

>Beatless
boy-meets-girl, androids, kinda boring so i dropped it after ep2
>Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
Generic isekai, RPG mechanics, OP MC. I wanted to give it a try but couldn't get into it.
>Poputepipikku
Really random cutaway gags and lame references. I'm too dumb for this high IQ anime. I think the worst part of the show was when they showed the same thing in episode one but with different voice actors in 2nd half of the episode.
>Hakyuu Houshin Engi
I wanted to like it but I couldn't for some reason, I think pacing in first episode was way off and moved too fast.

Considering to drop: Citrus, because the melodrama is quite bad and staying just for the yuri ain't enough.

Citrus and Märchen Mädchen

Nothing, because I'm not a little faggot and I finish what I start.

Death March. I heard the story was generic, but not this generic.