Tatsuki's 5 minute independent short went up for pre-order today and is now outranking Fate/Stay Night...

Tatsuki's 5 minute independent short went up for pre-order today and is now outranking Fate/Stay Night, Girls und Panzer, Gundam the Origin on Amazon.

Do you think Kadokawa is regretting removing him from Kemono Friends yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/irodori7/status/958446102054752256
twitter.com/irodori7/status/957954212960247809
passmarket.yahoo.co.jp/event/show/detail/01duuxzd5ih0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hW03pGvaGfc&
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No and they won't

>Tatsuki has an army of brainlets who will now buy any old shit he puts out
>those same bugmen will probably not abandon Kemono Friends

just as keikaku

Glad I preordered it.
Tatsuki doesn't deserve what happened.

Got mine too.

twitter.com/irodori7/status/958446102054752256

Tatsuki just noticed.

At this point he could package his own literal shit and it would sell.

We must support Tatsuki.

I AM LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW

Japan is full of mindless otaku who have shit taste and will remain permavirgins? What’s new?

hi kadokawa

>paying 30 bucks for 5 fucking minutes
Wew lad

You might be but at least you know that 30 bucks is going mostly to guy that actually made it rather than a bunch of corporations.

>not abandon Kemono Friends
Here's the Pavilion report.

Did not even got to the top 500 highest grossing

Paying 30 dollars for an average 2-episode volume is pushing it. 30 dollars for 5 minutes of animation is fucking ridiculous, unless there's loads of extras or something.

Yes it did. Its in the 230-260 range for most days.

>being poor
Wew lad

It's more around supporting the artist and having a collection

How much is it to manufacture the actual DVDs? Amazon gets a cut too.

It's a shame that KF was a fluke for him and that he's going to ride its success to push his other creations.

How much of a cut does Amazon take?

Less than Kadokawa which takes everything away from its slaves.

The KF fans just wanted to support him to spite Kadokawa

I have no idea you would have to ask him but compared to the usual, there is no production committee the money is going to. Just amazon and the costs of making the DVD, then the creators.

They really didn't think through giving a huge pre-register bonus to everyone that includes the 1 thing you can spend money on. There was no point in spending any money.

and they want to spite Kadokawa because they support Tatsuki.

>being retarded

You lied

This guy is right
I bought it and its because I wanted to support Tatsuki, not because of the product. It is functionally equivalent to a donation you get something small nice thing in return for.

Pennies, I would think. Less than you could do making your own with a DVD writer, which isn't much at all.

Imagine being too poor to give 30 burger moneys to a creator you like.

Learn to operate the site.

It's purely to support tats. Kadokawa profited grossly off KF while the ones who made it possible got chump change.

These funds will hopefully help with his next project

By the way in case anyone didn't see the news

twitter.com/irodori7/status/957954212960247809
passmarket.yahoo.co.jp/event/show/detail/01duuxzd5ih0.html

Yaoyorozu are having a talk event Tatsuki and the rest of irodori will be at on Feb 11th where they will talk about what they are up to now.

Possibility of an announcement about the new anime.

Cool. What's the rank?
And use the updated report please

New anime was already anounced. No info about what it would be though

Are you unable to read graphs?

No it's not.
Kadokawa isn't even the enemy.
It's Mine

Well yeah of course. Hence why I said "an announcement about the new anime" and not "an announcement of a new anime".

Forgot to delete that part.
Just boasting the current rank that is now falling.
Wonder if it would still be in top 500 after this month

What a joke.

Power of friends is not to be messed with

I once said that Tatsuki can beat his old record as a joke.
It was just a joke, once

>Girls & Bread Danzer

What?

Doubtful the game doesn't really have much incentive to spend cash on it. Can't get Friends by spending money. Seems like it was poorly designed if they were trying to maximise revenues from it. All spending money does is gets you more toys and I already have all but one without spending anything.

Will it be available somewhere else?
I don't like Amazon.jp because of the forced dhl shipping.

You believing that is the real joke, user.

Pavilion is great, I preordered keifuku-san, Tatsuki is the ultimate underdog, I will support him. Come say hi in the /vg/ pavilion thread, anons!

True.
I can't believe there are people who though that KF could even break 1k

What's wrong with dhl? They are faster and cheaper than ems for me.

Finally, we have something good to discuss

sucks that amazon prime doesnt work internationally

With dhl I have to pay taxes.

Kadokawa said that Tatsuki violated Copyright.

The CEO is a good man but everyone on the production and pr however must burn

LMAO what a steal

Shame
Pride before fall, I guess

Tatsuki will be the greatest anime director
Yumirin will be the greatest VA

you guys are not buying 5 min a cgi anime, you are buying a piece of modern anime history

No they didn't. They vaguely implied that he sort of used the copyright improperly somehow.

That they did not tackled again. I wonder why

I haven't been following this very much but did only the director get kicked to the curb or his entire studio which I remember was like a tiny apartment? Why did Kadokawa even do this anyway?

This is why I preordered. IRODORI rewrote the book on how to make anime (with love and great storytelling) and I will be proud to add this to my anime shelf.

Just the studio was removed and hence the director along with them. Kadokawa's reasons were that the IP was being used improperly, the studio wasn't communicating with them properly and that the studio declined to work on season 2. Nobody really accepts any of that as the truth though and the producer from the studio has specifically stated that everything they did which people speculated about being the possible misuse of the IP - 12.1, the collaboration advertisements and the doujin they published all had proper permissions.

>Do you think Kadokawa is regretting removing him from Kemono Friends yet?

The stunt Kadokawa pulled made him am martyr, people will now support him mostly because of that.
But, Kadokawa can easily hire him back and their stunt would actually pay off because he's now much more famous because of it and as such more valuable.

It depends now if Kadokawa has common sense or not.

He already has his own new TV anime in production now, so I doubt he will be working on Kemono Friends again anytime soon.

Why the fuck did he get such a cancerous cult following? His base is worse than Yuasa Urobutcher.

kadokawa isnt taking him back because it's going to conflict with mine's interests. mine is the creator the franchise so he ultimately gets the final say in who's involved.

mine, the creator of kf, has not tweeted since this incident broke out. he also has not shown any support for tatsuki or has made any commentary on the situation. tatsuki unfollowed mine a month ago yet he still follows the official kemono friends twitter.

of course this is not definitive proof of anything, but it is highly suspicious.

Well, when I said Kadokawa and Tatsuki working together I meant on a new IP all together.
It would give both parties positive PR and exploit the recent controversy.

I won't be surprised if a lot of producers are all after Tasuki, any name that has followers behind it is valuable.

Nobody knows what happened. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Kadokawa were on the production committee for his new TV anime.

>tatsuki
>letting kadokawa near his new series

Different circumstance, different terms of contact.
Now you know why KDKW haven't fire Tanaka yet?

>I won't be surprised if a lot of producers are all after Tasuki, any name that has followers behind it is valuable.

C'mon Avex or Toho

It's so retarded.
Ignoring this short Tatsuki has directed literally only one anime. It's impossible to say he actually knows what he is doing and if he can consistently repeat his success formula. He might be genius, but most likely he is George Lucas 2.0. I watched this short (youtube.com/watch?v=hW03pGvaGfc& for those who haven't seen it yet). It was annoyingly bad.

Tatsuki wasn't actually the most professional person either. Him tweeting himself being removed was probably one of the most unprofessional things you can do in the Japanese business world. So I don't know about people being so eager to pick him up.

We said that to KF too

Also no. Tatsuki worked for Sunrise for years

Fuck that
We like what he did and that's what matters.

Fuck Kadokawa

poorfags get out

ugh, gross, people liking stuff

I don't like stuff, which makes me a cool guy

The short is great. Ignoring this short, he has produced similar shorts as director for over a decade.

Considering the lack of lawsuit I've always been inclined to think that rather than violating something, the way they acted within what space they were already allowed pissed someone off or worried someone, even though...the actions Yaoyorozu took independently were some of the biggest reasons for the franchise's popularity. Old business mindsets are forever old business mindsets.

Then again I know nothing.

Greed and Pride blinds all

>Tatsuki has directed literally only one anime
False, he has years of experience with shorts and has made another anime.

He's never directed another full length TV anime, that is correct. He has been animation director on one but that is a different position. Besides that he has worked in CG for Sunrise and Tatsunoko for around 10 years on top of making the shorts too.

basically he is experienced, it's just nobody had heard of him before

because of course

>Pride before fall
>Kadokawa
KFags are insane.

Isn't it such a poetic adventure we are having, friends?

Last year was the rise and fall of Kemono Friends. But from it's ashes, a new adventure awaits. One that is grander and stronger than ever before

I don't think he has it in him too. But we'll see.

I think producers are more level-headed than that. They only care about if something would make money or not. He also still came off looking as the hero.

When a name gets discovered, immediately, they start to get tons of offers which keeps them busy making a lot of works in quick succession, this happens until the brand burns-out and loses its power.
It will keep decreasing until dead, then the producers wait until the kids who grew up watching works made by that brand, have money to buy things, at that point they resurrect it, make money and kill it all over again by over saturation.

Where's episode 2?

You're probably getting 1 season with a cast of maybe 5 characters if you count the manta ray.

The japs are meming themselves into buying Tatsuki's crap.

I suspect Kadokawa just offered a shitty contract, probably one that was much more restrictive about IP use (and wouldn't permit such shorts in the future). Kadokawa knew they wanted to work on the show and figured they would agree to whatever. They didn't. Backing down would mean losing face so the relationship fell apart.
I doubt the comment about IP use was anything more than a fob-off to avoid explaining anything while making it sound like Yaoyorozu's fault.

I'm actually a fan of shows with small characters as it gives them more screen time and more character development

That's some awful business practice right there

When a new name rises, you keep it strong, changing it adapt to the times, and you don't fire the one who made it because he is the only 1 who knows what made it special

Pokemon, Gundam, Mario, One Piece, Naruto, all of them respected the original creator and still stands strong today

There are a couple of posters that really seem to have no perspective on how much Kemono Friends matters to Kadokawa as a business overall.

>liking shitty creators

>cannot support the creator he likes

>being a blinded fanboy

When you reach such a wide demographic, the time it needs to dissipate to a useless, powerless brand is very long.
Like you said the way to preserve a brand is to change and try new things, it will need creative energy to keep it running for a long time.

Say all you want.
We are getting more

What book? Is it available in English?