Devilman Crybaby

>are wa dare da dare da dare da

Thanks a lot Sup Forums, you said Devilman Crybaby was an abomination it turned out to be the AOTC (Anime Of The Century). Also, the song has been stuck in my head for a week now. What the hell is going on?

Sometimes I ask myself, "Why do I bother listening to Sup Forums"?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14773709
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums is more about seasonal crap, of course they don't know shit about Devilman.

Itsmore complaints for it being too different from the manga even if it follows the same situations. The reasoning is changed.

I liked the anime quite a bit, but there were some changes from the manga that made the story less coherent and it didn't explain Ryo's and demons' motivations very well, in my opinion. Also both Ryo's backstory and the ending were better in the manga.
The rappers were great though, I'm glad they fleshed them out.

>Sup Forums is more about seasonal crap of course they don't know shit about Devilman.
Kill yourself cancer, Devilman is a known a fuck series and there have been Devilman threads on Sup Forums for years.
The fact you hate on seasonal anime (which is ironic considering Devilman aired this season), means you're an underage who surrounds himself in the same old, dead and overrated classics.

What are you talking about ? Sup Forums seems pretty split to me.

This. It's pretty strange, I've noticed a large wave of newfags recently praising classic anime/manga and shitting on others when they haven't seen much anime at all.

I think Crybaby paints God as more of a good guy, but I'm not sure if that's intentional. Then again, I'm not sure he was actually that 'bad' in the original manga either.

It still does the light as deep as darkness with the Satan reaching out visual, but yeah that part also misses a fundamental part of the Devilman world and how the setting works. Just think them trying to explain how demons are just evolved humans in a sequel would work. With the manga we got several shots of a man and two women who represented the demons unliking fusion. Now one of those women is a blue generic demon who fuses with the snake demon and tree

>I think Crybaby paints God as more of a good guy, but I'm not sure if that's intentional.
I think it is completely intentional, though one part of it is kinda muddied (Satan says "God killed no humans, but aimed to kill just demons" but we saw the plane pilot become salt when he nuked the demons)

Yeah I can see people interpreting Crybaby as God trying to teach Satan what love is. Whereas it's obvious to me in the manga that Satan falling for Akira was a fluke. (maybe but who knows ? )

>mfw Judgement starts playing

They did compare that to Sodom and Gomorrah, so maybe the implication is that humans deserved it for their own good. Humans definitely got lit out of existence , right, in that case?

I was hyped as fuck at the end of episode 7.

And the whole thing falls aaprt because somehow one angel out of all of them is too autistic to get emotions when everything else has them and learns them all one at a time? In which case God did a sloppy job making him.

God is a genocidal monster in the works of Go Nagai. Just go read Mao Dante. In Devilman he doesn’t show up, but his decision to eradicate demons based on his feelings was fucked up.

I know. I'm just talking about Crybaby, which is an adaptation.

Yeah, it was definitely for their own good, though I'd have expected Satan to call him on his BS for murdering humans.

Though then again it also helps explain why he only decided to do the full nuking after the war was finished (besides seeing if Satan even learns something out of the ordeal).

in Crybaby it can be interpreted that God is trying to teach Satan what love is, especially if you are a viewer that has no awareness of the source material. I actually don't think that's the only interpretation to have, but it's not hard to see why someone would think that.

Normalfags like it so Sup Forums has to hate it, also no loli's
>Anime Of The Century
No, it was generation Z's Berserk/EVA but without the character depth give it time and it will be Madoka tier at best

Yeah it all falls apart too when you realize that demons are actually capable of love like with Kaim and Sirene.

>also no loli's
Crybaby has god-tier girls, but like you said, no lolis means that no ones cares.

They're capable of love but they're still ALL about the survival of the fittest, Satan states as much. It's not how their society worked and makes it the stark contrast with humanity that wasn't about turning on each other all the time until the paranoia kicked in high gear.

What is the lesson at the end of Devilman? What was I supposed to learn or think about?

"Don't end the world if you don't want to be the sole survivor"

>Sup Forums now hates a classic because more people likes it.
If you ever need a proof for contr/a/rian, look no further

God hates fags.

Literally nothing about those posts said they hated it, they hate the bandwagon newfags coming because of it.

>"I did it for you Akira, that's why I had you fuse with the champion, Amon"
He gave Akira the most powerful demon body and his human mind so they could be together forever because of his Ryou memories since Akira was the only person that was ever nice to him, it's a contradiction Satan loves Akira but hates humanity, he wiped out humanity so he can't have his Akira
Then God presses the reset button

>without the character depth
Satan is easily a more complex character than griffith or kaworu

>they hate the bandwagon newfags
>shitty AI pic
>shitty resolution
You are not the one to talk, user.

>griffith
yes
>or kaworu
no

But, everyone knew it was just a small minority who yelled the loudest?
strawpoll.me/14773709

kaworu is just a gay little faggot

All of them are fags.

>Also, the song has been stuck in my head for a week now. What the hell is going on?

Reminder that the original song is better.

>AOTC (Anime Of The Century)

Golly gee, you sure have me pegged

Nope, Satan is genderless.

>satan's not a faggot, he's just a pansexual angelkin bigender!
right

This has been happening for years now.

did you even read the bible

Man man man DEVIRUMAN DEVIRUMAAAAAAN

>genderless
He has an hermaphrodite, that's the opposite of genderless.

>Devilman is a known a fuck series
On /m/?, maybe. On Sup Forums? No way. Nobody cared about Nagai here before Crybaby.

Satan lied, he doesn't want to consider his favorite beings are capable of the same emotion he hates.

>Nobody cared about Nagai here before Crybaby.
That is a dirty goddamn lie

You're kind of right. Sup Forums has changed considerably since half a decade ago. Before there used to be periodic general (yes, general) derp and edgy manga threads. Devilman used to be mentioned all the time over there (along with Berserk, obviously).

Now that's complete bullshit, doubly so for the fujos on here.

Maybe, if you don't read any manga. Which, unfortunately, seems to be the case with current Sup Forums.

Angels in the Bible were more like eldritch horrors, though.

Maybe you should GTFO (Get The Fuck Out). Also, I had a turkey salad sandwich for lunch. What the hell is going on?

Sometimes I ask myself, "Is Sup Forums my blog"?

Not true. I'm a newfag and I read Devilman because of a dump like a year ago.

Turkey salad is shit.

>you can clearly see the exact moment he lost it

You're cornered by the devils and about to die a painful death

But Satan intervenes and offers you a choice, join them and be part of his harem of feminised angel transgirls, you will be loved and cared for, but you will also be owned. Collared and sitting at mommys feet but you will be treated kindly by mommy Satan and Akira if you are a good girl, who will graciously transform your body and give you a slim girlish figure and breasts, while replacing your hormones with estrogen. You will be cuddled and loved and have lots of fun.

What say you user? Do you accept this offer? It's not a kindness handed out any human.

And if your lucky Akira might play with you as well.

>pajaro demonio
MY SIDES

GAY

It's worth being gay to get that estrogen flowing through your veins

Satan is so nice to do that to you. Why don't you try it user?

I-I wanna try...will you have me, Mommy?

Please be real

She will have you.

Estrogen is quite magical, it opens up your emotions and lets you feel things in a very special feminine way. I personally enjoy how submissive and sensitive it had made me. You'll find out yourself too sister. It's a very pleasant experience to have the brain switch from testosterone to estrogen

Natalie I know this is you. We literally watched Devilman crybaby together on Saturday. Stop trying to convert boys again.

This shit was funny on Saturday night,now it's just crazy.

You learn that you are worse than a demon you retarded ass bitch nigga.

Where the hell do I even go with this series?

I've only seen Crybaby. Should just read Devilman Lady and Violence Jack?

But it's fun bae

go on discord

>Devilman Lady
Fuck no
>Violence Jack
Yes

How soon can we start?

Oh you are a good girl
As soon as you'd like

Well fuck. I loved and hated the ending.
I suppose not every anime is going to end happy, but god damn when I watch it I just want it to.
Fuck satan, fuck humies.

So Sup Forums, would you accept his offer and join him in a world full of devils?

I'M A MOTHER FUCKING DEVILMAN NOT A FAGGY ANGEL!

>mommy
Sorry sir I can't into your hermaphrodite gender and don't see you as a mommy. Though your brother is certainly bara worthy.

no way fag

Only if I get an okay demon form.

Even a fuccboi with wings will be barely passeable in my eyes.

Like look at this demon waifu. If she had a penis and glowed she'd already be an angel.

Did anyone else catch that the bombs descending on Earth were God's tears?

Even people who tried to not care about it at least know about it because of ryos dead father.

No dummy those were angels. You even see them fly upwards after the earth is a molten rock.

I'm upset that got taken out.

but the angels are god's tears. Thats where they come from

>AOTC

i know it was above average but fucking come on

watch the superior ovas and not that yuasa crap

Then God must have crocodile tears all the time considering Everything about Crybaby Satan.

t. Netflix

>justice is an illusion
>get attached to nothing
>everyone is scum and those who are not will still die like the rest
etc.
Probably the most bleak anime I've ever seen. I wish I had read enough about it beforehand.

Fuck that garbage, I'll die fighting tooth and nail.

>Crybaby paints God as more of a good guy
>is so buttmad over ONE (1) of His hundreds of thousands of children being too autistic to love that He puts him and the entirety of humanity through the wringer to teach him a lesson
>will keep repeating this and dooming everyone to inevitable demise until his kid gets it
>good guy
Just because it wasn't as explicit as the manga doesn't mean it's not there.
Not to mention that within the context of the original manga without the supplementary material, God is a dick but we wouldn't know how much of a dick he was until way later.

did miki and/or co. get killed and dismembered in the original anime and the manga too? what was original in this version?

I am conflicted. Will the devilman angel conflict tear Sup Forums apart ?

Yes they did. Miko / Miki 2.0 was a totally different person though , and so were the rapper guys. Taro was with Miki in the manga, and her parents were captured/tortured previously.

if you can remember from the top of your head could you please tell me in which manga chapter it happened or started happening?

Consider people who believe in god seem to think that :
-'God has a plan'
-he wants to teach us things
-he gives us free will,
-he is still a good guy. ..

. I am not surprised that people will still find Crybaby God to be good.

We can argue how he is different from the biblical god. (Noah's Flood makes me think, I don't find them to be that different) . Don't want this to turn into a religious argument though.

I think it was in the 5th / final volume.

>AOTC
maybe you should've watch more than just one anime this century

A FULL CIRCLE

Netflix wasn’t involved. They just bought rights to the anime like violet evergarden.