Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS

Episode 38: ハノイの追想 – Hanoi no Tsuisō
(Hanoi’s Reminiscences) AKA Recap episode

As the Tower of Hanoi gradually approaches its completion, Revolver reflects on the battles that had been waged in LINK VRAINS. And now, carrying on the wishes of Dr. Kogami with firm resolve, Revolver makes his move…

Cast:
Fujiki Yusaku/Playmaker: Ishige Shoya
Kusanagi Shoichi: Kimura Subaru
Revolver: Takeuchi Shunsuke
Dr. Kogami: Sugo Takayuki

Script: 武上純希 || Takegami Junki
Storyboard: 山本隆太 || Yamamoto Ryuta
Direction: 山本隆太 || Yamamoto Ryuta
Animation Director(s): Noh Gil-bo

Episode 39: 闇に葬る弾丸 – Yami ni Hōmuru Dangan
(The Fatal Bullets)
GO Onizuka confronted Revolver and challenged him to a Duel. Meanwhile, the Tower of Hanoi is getting closer to completion…

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-30/otherwordly-izakaya-nobu-anime-casts-tomokazu-sugita-suzuko-mimori/.127146
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>the big confrontation is approaching!
>oh shit, we forgot to make Hanoi actually threatening!
>I know, let's just make THE ENTIRE FUCKING CAST, other than Yusaku, job to Revolver and Specter so they don't feel like the worthless losers they are

How many recap episodes have we gotten now?

We could've gotten a three-way duel between Yusaku, Go and Aoi with Revolver to teach him to fucking rely on people more for once. Plus it would've added more potential for our Power Trio.

>Revolver is going to actually beat someone
FINALLY

>GO Onizuka confronted Revolver
Wait are they using past tense, are they giving up before it starts?

How has YGO not recovered in quality since Yuya vs. Yoko?

Is akira out too? throw him in a cage for 3 episodes then kill him?

Did Ghost girl not count?

Women don't count.

>go vs revolver is just a small recap of what happened offscreen

4 in 38, by the end of 3 year run we will reach at least 15

Ghost Girl died and was forgotten the episode right after. Meanwhile Spectre can't stop reminding Stusaku how hard he raped his waifu every goddamn 5 minutes ever since her face became one with the pavement

>The Fatal Bullets

I hope Revolver just straight up shoots Go so we don't have to sit through another 3 episode duel with an obvious outcome

You'll sit through it and like it, cattle. This is post-Smile World YGO, fan satisfaction need not apply

Is Go really any better?

Go is not even a character at this point. Nigga is not even mentioned or shown for almost 8 episodes straight and the only time he has been mentioned is to pretty much say he is gonna die

So Yoshida and Ono are apparently working on an upcoming anime. Probably why Yoshida doesn't give a shit about VRAINS right now.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-30/otherwordly-izakaya-nobu-anime-casts-tomokazu-sugita-suzuko-mimori/.127146

Why didn't Specter use Aoi as the hostage? It looks too silly with Akira as the hostage. Akira doesn't have hostage qualities. Imagine if instead it was a tied-up aged Blue Angel.

caged*

Akira is also supposed to be a skilled hacker who you think would be able to get out of such situations.

>playmaker notebook is red
>revolver notebook is green
shouldn't it be the other way around?

Contrast maybe?

>recap
just cancel the fucking anime,

I'm still enjoying it, but I often wonder how takahashi allows this stuff. Is it just money?

Cancel Vrains, and give us an Arc-V S4 that unfucks everything that happens in the latter half of the show.

>everyone forgets about Go and because of that he is able to get to the tower first
lmao

I found it stupid too, they should have switched up the roles with Akira dueling Spectre first

I dont think they care about the color schemes that much

That looks pretty boring. Or "comfy" as Sup Forums would say

God dammit, not again. Why take a directing job if you can just fuck off and leave that show to the dogs and not get in any trouble for it? What kind of shitty business practice is this?

How "comfy" would you say VRAINS is?

Yoshida is not the director though and he hasn't been that active in Vrains either, he has done the script for like 8 episodes total out of the entire show so far

Comfy enough to put into a coma

He wrote the Specter back story episode, and while its not an absolute disaster, it left me questioning a lot of things.

whats the best duel armor?

>As the Tower of Hanoi gradually approaches its completion, Revolver reflects on the battles that had been waged in LINK VRAINS. And now, carrying on the wishes of Dr. Kogami with firm resolve, Revolver makes his move…

4/38 episodes are fucking recap/clip show. A little over 10% of the fucking series so far is a recap!

>GO Onizuka confronted Revolver and challenged him to a Duel. Meanwhile, the Tower of Hanoi is getting closer to completion…

Here is GO Onizuka's obligatory duel to make him relevant in this story arc, and his obligatory loss to Revolver because only Playmaker can beat him. Likely to be a 2-parter as well, which is fitting if Playmaker vs. Revolver starts at Episode 41.

kaibaman.

Is this the first time a rival's deck has been thies fucking bad compared to the main character's deck? It's going to take some massive misplays and bullshit for Revolver to win this time against playmaker, I can't end in defeat again otherwise all this is for nothing

cyberse are only "decent" because they already have 73 cards (a bit less since there are some cyberse which don't belong to Yusaku) meanwhile rokkets have like 11 cards

shit I was only including monsters, there's like 10 cyberse spell/trap cards (most are trash anyway)

Well if Playmaker gets saved in his duel with Specter through interruption, I would count that like Yusei vs Kiryu the 1st time as a loss.

So again, what's happening today everybody?

#1 - Playmaker defeats Spectre
#2 - Akira saves Playmaker
#3 - Go saves Playmaker

Does Vrains have any connection to Arc V?
If I start on it, will I be backtracking to eps I've not seen?

no

No. VRAINS has no connection to any other YGO series at all, at least not hitherto.

Well, 37 eps of VRAINS have aired thus far - including today's. So yeah, I guess that would be "backtracking" if you haven't seen any at all. As you may have noticed, there have been a number of recap episodes that simply string together footage from past eps as a refresher. IIRC there have been 4 of them thus far.

I get what you mean though, are you referring to how a bunch of characters from previous series showed up at the end of ARC-V?

yeah. I'm still in arc V right now, I keep forgetting to catch up. I'm at ep 88. One of these days I'll catch up

Don't bother. Drop Arc-V now and you will be spared the immense dissatisfaction at absolutely everything.

>I'm at ep 88
Don't bother. You've seen more than you needed to see.
ARC-V only gets worse from episode ~50 onwards and it never stops until the very end.

Is it just me or does the eps feel like they drone on and on with duels that seem really pointless

I just skipped to ep 99-100 and I'm seeing they are still in the syncro(?) dimension.
The theme song is really 90s esque lol

>The wall of text card coming through

it will end in a defeat, no one can beat gary stusaku, even the best vrains era deck lost because lmao gotta misplay

ignis maybe?

but will you still take damage?

Thread is gonna die before the episode even airs again

last time that happened had to be more than 15 episodes ago.

>yfw vrains could have a whole cour full of recaps

cour?

what the hell.

something like number 2 akira isn't even in the cast list for the recap.

>still mad over jober angel

>jobber

You mean literally everybody but chadmaker?

Revolver is the best!

t.spectre

>final tree form is some sakura tree

Dumb spectrefag say goodbye to your shitty character

>spectre killed himself by attacking with the tree

Rip Akira

>playmaker actually used his whole extra deck limit (if there is any)

No sympathy for tree fuckers

>that scream at the end
lmao

I unironically want Spectre's deck

so why did spectre's tree stay and burn?

lol recap

to say a final fuck you and goodbye to spectre

So what happens to Akira now? Aside from turning into data didn't Kogami said that the cage had a powerful virus too?

Because Spectre was made for bullying

coma

>Spectre did more damage to Playmaker in the duel than Revolver did in his duel
lol

Thank God this faggot is finally gone

Stay mad aoifag.

Give me more of these faces

He is getting btfo by blue angel next time He duels so don't hold your breath

even faust did more damage

>faust
Who?

the faces were pretty amazing.

What was his issue?

Spectre has been defeated, what's the point of fucking Lamevolver vs Go ?

filler

Stretching out the end of the arc until episode 50 when they change the op

>Revolver reflects on the battles that had been waged in LINK VRAINS
>another recap
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

is this vrains way of taking damage?

No. It's Konami, which attacks VRAINS while using the effects of "Card Game Advertising", which prevents VRAINS from being destroyed. But you still take damage

he joins later the MC team, sorry dude