Is it even possible for something to get even more pushed and falter as hard as Toriko did?

Is it even possible for something to get even more pushed and falter as hard as Toriko did?

Black Clover is trying.

I don’t think it’s possible, it’s like they were setting it up to fail

did you watch the new episode? it was good as fuck

It all makes sense now

You posted an oxymoron.

fpbp

Ironically being so forced was the biggest reason it failed so hard. That and it looks like a generic as fuck battle shounenshit.

There's no way that piece of crap anime can ever be considered good. You take the protagonist from Naruto, put him in the world of Fairy Tail, and you mesh it together into something even worse than both of them combined.

download it right now, i hope it's not garbage. i don't enjoy shonen jump since bleach ended.

40+ volumes doesn't sound so bad.

Any other series with its promo campaign could run forever.

>that pic
Where's the Nintendo Switch?

MHAs ultra push is bigger, but it didnt falter.

that fucking piece of shit is the reason why we got ss blue

Shonen Jump exposed

so goku, luffy & toriko are soyboys? :^)

It's not the best, but it's definitely better than Naruto.

Its pathetic how hard they tried to push Toriko to be on the same level as the other big names, multiple crossovers with one piece etc.

This was some WWE level shit.

Heroes of the Storm

It's a good manga, the only reason it failed was because of the anime adaptation being destroyed by Toei's incompetence.

none of my entry level anime fan friends know what toriko is

>pushed as the next Dragon Ball/One Piece
>didn't even reach Naruto/Bleach level
>didn't even reach Gintama level

cringe

Nah it was shit.

Tried to compensate with shallow powerlevel/scaling hype to make up for it.

soyboys

What is Gintama level?That shit is nowhere near entry-level

I think you read too much and are tying to justify how you didn't waist your time. I did, and I know for sure it is generic shit.

HAHAHHAHAHAHHA fuck off.
The manga is fine,the anime is shit

The "not really mainstream but has a dedicated following" level maybe?

Naruto was good at some point, BC doesn't even have that.

So does Rick and Morty,your point?

Shi taste, it was fun as hell and the final battle was powercreep done right.

I still think Toriko was an underrated masterpiece when it came to shounens, it was just fun as fuck.

Toriko felt like I was reading One Piece and Dragon Ball Z at the same time, except without anything that made them good. Also the art style was too bara. It deserved to fall right off the face of the Earth.

Toriko sold $100 million in merch I the first year of the anime, $20 million in the 2nd year then dropped off.
It’s a succes but toei failed to keep it up.

I'm dying to know when Naruto was good user. Was it when Naruto sit his internal organs out in chapter fucking 2?

chuunin exams

Not going to bother explaining fedora wearing canadian fuck that didn't watch it anyway
Chuunin exams+sasuke retrieval+hidan/kakuzu+pain arc

it was such a success that the manga is still ongoing even now, oh wait

He's saying it was going well at first but Toei fucked up. With how bad the Anime was, not that surprising.

I thought Nips liked Toriko

Did the MC stop yelling?

Toriko's manga sales were actually a bit higher than Gintama's.

Gintama had good DVD/Blu-ray sales though (which is really rare for a long shounen anime) while Toriko was just the usual negligible numbers and Gintama also had great box office numbers both for its anime movies and now live action movie, while Toriko's second movie (without a One Piece feature accompanying it, unlike the first one) bombed.

Not a leaf, narutard.

Chunin was bad: "hidden" villages host multinational boot camp, resulting in deaths of multiple international students. As Langley does with China's special forces.

Sasuke Retrieval arc was bad: Choji and Neji lived, so that Naruto wouldn't look like an asshole by still wanting to save Sasuke. These characters do nothing major for the plot going forward, and had their legitimately good moments robbed.

Pain Arc was bad: City is fixed from being nuked.

There is much more shit to be found in each, like Naruto vs Neji, but those are the ones that bother me the most. In fact I find very little to like about any of them anymore. Why do you like them user? Speaks to your 14-year-old agnst?

The Land of Waves arc was actually pretty good.