Owarimonogatari 2

This is so fucking boring, holy fuck.
It's been so long since Owari, I've forgotten just how boring *monogatari can be. Almost 3 hours of non-stop talking, and not even about something interesting.
Why is everyone giving it a 9-10/10 on MAL? What is so great about it, that makes it better than all the other seasons in the eyes of the majority?

So let me get this straight, you knew you would find this show boring but you watched it anyway so you could complain about it? How hollow is your life, sir?

Part of me is impressed that they had the guts to do it in the first place. It's the most dialogue heavy piece of Drama I've ever seen, and I was in Equus for god's sake. (I was Nugget, so I didn't have to say much, but still). I have always taken swaths of dialogue as par for course in Light Novel adaptations but thirty minutes of just Gaen saying what could be said in two minutes is a lot to ask.

I suppose that what you are meant to do is actually follow where the dialogue goes and it is pretty impressive how so many different perspectives and clever uses of wordplay the script covers along the way, but I agree not just about Owari but the whole monogatari series, it's incredibly overwritten. Eye catches and background skits serve to keep the pace from dying completely and if nothing else you can marvel at every actor's ability to go on for minutes at a time without missing a beat but the screenplays of monogatari are punishingly wordy to be sure.

> you knew you would find this show boring
I didn't. MAL says 9.02, I thought it would be awesome.
> so you could complain about it
What makes you think that?

Nothing Monogatari has ever done was ever or will ever be as bad as Shinobu's monologue of her arrival to Japan and her first servant delivered over a slow pan of one still frame.

Eat your heart out, Evangelion's elevator scene.

>trusting anything on MAL
please lurk more before posting

This is for thinking people, intellectuals. Go back to your stupid moe fanservice.

I've gotten used to long dialogues, the problem is that in Owari 2 they say a lot, but tell almost nothing, it's mostly a pseudo-intellectual discussion between two drunk philosophy teachers with some kanji puns.
The first Owari was also 95% talking, but it was much more interesting.

Nissio Issin has that one problem that nags a lot of writes, Joss Whedon comes to mind, of not having a very distinct voice to his characters. Everyone has the feeling of having emerged from one creator who has one style and the characters come off less as characters and more of extensions of the author's voice split through the different perspectives of the story. They act in similar ways and they feel staged so never in the series was I taken out of this counter-immersive disengagement. It's not specifically a bad thing, Shakespeare has the exact same effect in my opinion. It's just one of those things that shouldn't work, but it does because SHAFT had the brilliant idea of stylizing the entire show with sterile, almost minimalist backgrounds and removing all background characters. It made the show feel both like a stage play (Separating the audience from the world of the show) and like a ghost town, befitting of the show's themes. Hats off to you, SHAFT.

So harem-based fanservice with lots of monologue and dialogue with still shots is somehow intellectually superior to moe fanshit?

>Go back to your stupid moe fanservice

Bitch...What show do you even think you're talking about? Huh?

big reason why sequels on websites such as MAL have a higher score than average is because mostly fans of the first season kept on watching and rated it highly. Just look at Gintama scores.

Yeah. Reminder that this is the show with the 'It's not technically illegal because anime' trio.

It was not as good as owari s1 (though that one also had an unnecessarily long speech from Gaen) but it was pretty good, especially mayoi hell and the end of ougi dark.

> 'It's not technically illegal because anime'
Wrong.
Left to right.
1) It's not technically illegal, because she is a ghost.
2) It's not technically illegal, because it is not human and also decades, if not centuries, old.
3) It's not technically illegal, because she is 500 years old.

>Owari 2
>boring
It's some of the most interesting episodes in the series.

Why ghost? Because anime.
Why golem? Because anime.
Why vampire? Because anime.

Not technically illegal because anime.

>You can watch the series in production order
>You can watch the series in the in-universe chronological order
>You can watch the series in authorship order

Holy shit. It really was the next Haruhi.

>doesn't like monogatari
>watches anyway and complains
Owari 2 was great

>I didn't. MAL says 9.02, I thought it would be awesome.

2deep4u

>doesn't like monogatari
This particular season of monogatari. And also Tsuki.

Nah, not really, the novels are pretty clear about the order of events, and the anime was garbage anyway (endless 8 never 5get), so it wasn't even worth watching.
Except for disappearance, it was good.

If you give a shit about the characters and are paying attention, there are plenty of details to pick out to keep you interested.

30 episodes
31 episodes
36 episodes

and three movies.

Literally 100 segments of this story made into animation so far, and I've gone through all of them except kizu and I don't even like the series so much as I appreciate its visual, dramatic and literary aesthetics. All this talking and I've actuall sat through almost all of it. Barely understood half of it, and still wondering what comes out next. This is not healthy.

Honestly the Gaen infodumps are the worst parts of the series. The scenes don't even look visually interesting compared to anything else, Ougi Dark probably has the blandest visuals so far with the exception of the last bit with Ougi and Tsukihi.

The problem with it wasn't that it was necessarily boring, as it was pointless. I really don't like Oshino Ougi's character and the fact that Koyomi and everyone around them acknowledged her as a normal human being despite the obvious clues that she is an aberration. Considering the shit they've seen by that point, they should've been more skeptical.

Hirano was fine as Shinobu. I'm upset they took her part away over her sex life. If I were her I'd have sued.

>I didn't. MAL says 9.02, I thought it would be awesome.

I want to have hot sweaty sex all day with Sodachi!

Wow this is some top tier retardation. Owarimonogatari was the best in a long time. Did you actually finish it?
>I really don't like Oshino Ougi's character and the fact that Koyomi and everyone around them acknowledged her as a normal human being despite the obvious clues that she is an aberration.
I'm quite certain many people knew that she wasn't exactly human. I don't have it on hand, but there's this scene where Shinobu tells Araragi that Ougi is probably "something. " The only reason they didn't act is because they didn't know what Ougi did. She was completely harmless, as far as they knew.

Owari 2 was one of the best in the series.

>She was completely harmless, as far as they knew.
Still, I would've brought it up at least. He's friends with Shinobu anyway, he might as well become friends with whatever she was.

the series should have ended after SS desu. Shaft clearly stopped giving a shit

>almost skipped Koyomimonogatari because it felt like filler
>dat ending
That shit came out of fucking nowhere.

it was a side story tho