fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good advertising.

One Piece would like to have a word with you

one piece is only most pop japan user

and tencent is chinese
your point?

Point is your name is the most popular anime ever created in the history of man kind.

Entire world. That was the point.
Probably because it's very marketable to a general audience, much like Titanic was. Relatable male and female leads, good visuals, a surprising twist, etc.

>one man
You are talking as if he singlehandedly made the anime by himself and did heavy marketing by throwing in millions of yen for marketing by himself.
It’s well known that insane amount of money went into marketing kimi no nawa. On top that it's mainstream appealing movie tailored specifically to be normie friendly. Combine memes with those above factors and you'll definitely get a best selling popcorn flick

I watched this yesterday.

Honestly didn't like it, the ost was great tho.

Nearly half of Your Name's total production budget (350 million yen of a 750 million yen budget) went to marketing the film by Toho and East Japan Marketing

>How could one man do it?
By stealing "Il Mare" story.

Normies liked it.

Managed to pull the right strings.

Never heard of this. What was it about and was it any good?

Brilliantly targeted.
One, huh? There were at least a dozen of producers, to begin with

ehh, I don't think anyone Is praising it as the most original movie but it doesn't rip off anything wholesale either.
I'm pretty sure it was expected to rather poorly and they just ramped up the advertising when word of mouth took off

>normies
Get out.

Honestly, miyazkais shit is far more normie friendly and way more shilled. The wind rises for example, shit was hyped more then anything else yet it failed to delivery, came off as super underwhelming.

This. I saw trailers for the Wind Rises at my local theater regularly. A week after release no one talked about it anymore. Your Name was the complete opposite: Barely anyone I knew saw it in a theater but even non-anime family had seen and were talking about it a year after release. God damn.

It is korean movie that got Hollywood remake called "The Lake House". Basically meteor = car accident, phone diary = letters but without gender bender.

Eh. A meteor fucking up a town does have more weight behind it. But I guess the twist is the person who was writing the letters had been dead for 3 or so years? They then use a previously established device to save the person from a car accident? If both of those, then yeah, fraud alert.

>If both of those
Even the "change past" ending is also there

Noted user. I will bring this up and pretend to know what I am talking about at parties.

He found a way.

Already a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

interesting but accessible plot
romance
visually stunning
premise with mass appeal (what if you had tits / what if you had a dick)

makes sense to me

Well, he did wrote the original novel himself. Credit's where it's due.

Threadly reminder that it has been made into a wiki, a fanfic, a fictionpress story, a manga, a meme, a TV tropes entry, an anime preview, an anime episode, an honest-to-goodness anime movie that's Oscar considered, and a critically acclaimed box office success that's the highest grossing anime film of all time and approved by Shinzo Abe and Cool Japan, so stop talking about it.

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/

Good advertising, very good visuals and a simple love story which normies love. An anime film literally made for making as much money as possible.

It's better with sound

MODS

>good advertising

It was advertised any more and any differently then some other big budget anime film.

This was a film that blew up thanks to genuine audience enjoyment, people loved it then showed it to others, and couldn't stop talking about it, it's nearly been 2 years and it's still everywhere.

Also helps that the movies promotes a second or third viewing.

I am quite certain that Fireworks movie from SHAFT was way more marketed and hyped than Your Name, so why did it not do as well?

the movie plays perfectly to japanese emotions. its actually more popular with old people than it is with teens, which is the most impressive thing about it. also: anyone who thinks that its bad is fucking retarded. the movie has a lot of objective upsides, even if one is bothered by the questionable writing and storyboarding. knnw is far from the best anime movie in existence, but its general appeal is bigger than anything before. westerners want adventure, nips just want to watch romance to forget about their miserables lives while slaving away for some shitty company being in a relationship with someone they hate.

Based.

Get keitai idea from taiwanese basket weaving forum

>You are talking as if he singlehandedly made the anime by himself

Yes.

When's he gonna make the next Garden of Words?

Impossible, but one can dream

It's very good, and with a good soundtrack to accompany it. But good enough to be number 2 in myanimelist? Maybe not that much, in my opinion.