Why is Darling in the FranXX so mediocre?

Why is Darling in the FranXX so mediocre?
Is the Trigger magic gone with LWA?
Is the A-1 collab ruining the Trigger mech sense?
What happen?

Teenage melodrama
Too large cast
Star driver designer was a mistake

Also, LWA's TV series was garbage

Fuck off with your shitty bait threads
>"What happen?"
You can't even properly speak english you stupid mongoloid, kys

There is no melodrama, everything feels justified in tame in that regard.
IT's a 24 episode series and the cast feels perfect thus far, they aren't really forcing scenes with anyone and seem to focus on a set of characters at a time, right now it's zorome, miku, mitsuru, ikuno, ichigo, hiro and 02, and the other characters are sure to get their shine.
The execution here is about as perfect as it can be.
Honestly the mecha designs are great, the fact that hey are essentially cute anime girls is a nice design choice, gives this show a lot of identity.

It's safe to say this show far exceeded everyones expectations, i never expected to be so interested and genuinely excited for something like an episode preview.

The show has phenomenal presentation and shot composition and really natural world and character building, it feels casual and going at it's own pace.
Zerotwo and hiro, really sell it for me though, i genuinely enjoy ever moment the two are on screen together.
Great production, great direction, great execution and great characters, that's all I ask for. and it's all here.

The only thing that's missing is an end game plot, those it's been teased with 02 trying to escape the domes, but this opening arc with introducing the characters and the mechs and the world has been nice, powered purely by hiros character arc, glad they aren't shying away from given him genuine character drama and walls to deal with.

>Great production, great direction, great execution and great characters, that's all I ask for. and it's all here.
Imagine actually believing this.

I bet you were triggered by the bait in episode 3. Serves you right for being a self inserting faggot

Trigger's first episode is 4.

Trigger : sexualy implicit pilot riding and
A1 : teenage melodrama

when you combine both you get this shit.

cute mecha design

Nice strawman. This was shit from ep1.

Considering how A-1's catalogue consists of nothing but generic trash, I'm inclined to blame their part.

It turns out that Nishigori is dumb and not a creator, he's just a pervert who draws really well, and just made an anime about his sexual frustrations

>Star driver designer was a mistake
Fuck you and fuck off
It's clearly the best part of the show

>It's safe to say this show far exceeded everyones expectations
When Nishigori came out and presented this and saying on national TV that it's his dream project, I expected more than obvious sex allegories
The production is better than expected sure, but that's it.
What a fucking dumb anime

>It's clearly the best part of the show
the only non shit design is strelezia and MAYBE delphium, the rest just has completely retarded palettes and designs. the mechs also clash visually, unlike the stardriver designs did. stardrivers mechs were actually somewhat good looking because there was a certain consistency to the wacky design. franxx overall art direction and character design doesnt fit the respective mechs at all.

Explain. The dumb premise and themes of the show fits the dumb mecha design in my opinion, it would be more out of place if every mechs were as cool as the Star Driver ones.

>American time Sup Forums

I knew it was shit when the anime open with a long meaningless monologue from the mc. It is really A-1 signature. Shitgatsu has it as well.

the reason why star drivers designs worked was because the environment complimented the mechs. the surreal world with bright colors and a maincast that sports retarded hair cuts and colors. everything was over the top from a visual standpoint so it worked just fine. franxx however has fairly simplistic and conservative characters designs. hair colors are natural, hairstyles are somewhat natural, color palette during fights is more muddy than striking, klaxosaurs are "serious" looking creatues. then they suddenly throw in those mech designs with big eyes and waifu appeal that utilize the same base shade in form of white, but then add some random pastel tone. they should have stuck with a single color scheme, would already improve the situation. the designs simply dont fit the environment they are fighting in.

>It is really A-1 signature
Actually flash forward prologues are Gainax signature.

There was no flash forward, there was just MC talking stupid shit about bird of the most obvious symbolism possible.

LWA was good fuck yall

>implying lwa was good
but at least it was better than shitxx

Literally the 40 firsts seconds of the first episode.

>hair colors are natural
>klaxosaurs are "serious" looking creatues
>those cockpits
>the entire work environment the characters are in
>mechs are literal vehicle for sex
>main character is a literal demon
FranXX's setting is way crazier than Star Driver's

Trigger has never made anything good
This is their first one, and only because its a collaboration

>Trigger magic

That is so obviously a flashback about 02's origin.

>as cool as the Star Driver ones.
The start driver designs are as dumb as the franxx.

Inferno cop
Luluco
Ninja slayer

Take that back

Inferno cop
Luluco
LWA (the movie)
KLK but for some reason people here are judging it like they would judge a classic so whatever.

So while we're at it
How good is Star Driver? Should I sate my hunger for more FranXX by watching it?

That user probably mean Hiro and 02 walking under the Sakura.

>>hair colors are natural
2 out of 10 have unnatural hair colors. and even cockonas blue can be implied to be black. just because some meme crossbreed has pink hair doesnt mean that the rest of the cast looks like clowns, too.

>>klaxosaurs are "serious" looking creatues
they certainly dont look wacky. they are reasonably designed and would fit into more serious shows if they had to.

>>those cockpits
>>the entire work environment the characters are in
>>mechs are literal vehicle for sex
what does this have to do with the visual design of the mech? oh right, nothing.

>mah studios
DITF is actually pretty good so far.

I give you Luluco and LWA and maybe Inferno Cop if you are into the humor, but KLK started strong and went downhill at lightspeed.

I doubt you knew who Nishigori is before DITF.

How does that detract from the anime being trash?

>oh right, nothing.
That's where's you're utterly wrong.

I did though. His character were always damn fine and he made me actually like an idolshit series.

Forced het.

>the Trigger mech sense?
The hell is that supposed to be?

Your opinion is worthless, stop presenting it as fact

Trigger never made mecha aside from one episode of LWA. Deal with it. They aren't Gainax.

>Gone with LWA
You fucking wish there was some of the so-called magic you say in that shitty show.

>but KLK started strong and went downhill at lightspeed.
It is still overall good.

>***,302位/***,302位 (***,241 pt) [*,**0予約] 2018/04/25 【Amazon.co.jp限定】Darling in the FranXX 1(limited edition with A3 poster, B1 towel, complete box and a few other bonuses) [Blu-ray]
It's flopping as well.

It's literally midweek and beating every other series like VEG and is competing with Devilman for sales. Wait for the next couple of episodes and it will be back up.

>he actually believes it will go up
It will go down from now on.

>302 midweek is flopping
You don't know pre-orders works in a week do you?

Watch a better anime instead of making another thread about it.

40 years of backlogs with main characters of varying degrees between Alpha Chad to beta cuck virgin, and you rather talk about your preferred self insert

>Really makes you think

>great execution and great characters

The Trigger influence comes during the plot twist before 2nd cour

>Great production, great direction, great execution and great characters, that's all I ask for. and it's all here.
The absolute state of Franxxfags.

>characters making Trigger faces in every scene as they progress through typical Trigger episode structure
>majority of series director has worked on have not been A1
m-must have been A1 guys, Trigger would never not save anime... right?
To answer OP's question, Trigger got a chance to have a bigger budget production but were already exhausted.

Autistic screeching aside, It is quite impeccable so far in terms of graphics, direction and storyboard, designs, setting (at least if you are into Diebuster and stuff as much as I am)