Can someone explain why this cartoon became one of the highest rated and most popular anime of all time?

Can someone explain why this cartoon became one of the highest rated and most popular anime of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/topanime.php
myanimelist.net/animelist/Nicholaevich
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it's better than hunter x hunter and one piece.

>MAL

3 words

>MAL
Kill yourself

>1 star
i mean, youre not any better than those people who give it a 10

naruto widows.

Why? Sorry that my average rating isn't an 8 like most people.

Hunter x Hunter is ranked 7 though

Capeshit naruto

Because it's good.

You can give it one star all you want, it's already won.

not him, but let's be honest. how the fuck do you give a 1 star to a show that is at least good and btw, I don't like this shit at all
Also >MAL
Kill yourself

>MAL
Murder yourself.

because it means that you rate shit as subjectively as they do. bnha is a garbage show but it has some objectively good qualities like a bunch of animated sequences. it isnt a total trainwreck by any means. if this deserves a 1 in your opinion, then youre in no position to complain about others giving it a 10.

>to a show that is at least good
BNHfag detected

it's decent, but lmao don't take MAL seriously

Because it's not "at least good" whatever that means. It's trash.

>Rating the mediocre as incredible is a problem, but rating it as trash isn't

It's the downfall of anime. It's the beginning of anime becoming no different than American cartoons. It deserves a 1 for that reason alone.

Why would I give a well animated shit a higher score?
In the end it's still shit

For reference

I rated trash as trash, what's the issue?

Eva is garbage anyways

>MAL
Kill yourself

People have a lot of mental issues these days.

What's a better website to get the western consensus on anime?

becuase else youre no better than the people who hand it a 10. you give it a 1 because you think its shit, while they give it a 10 because they think its HYYYPE. neither side is correct since both refuse to bring any substance to the debate.

pretty sure that yuasa's most recent works are much closer to being western cartoons than shonen shit.

One shouldn't have an average rating of 8, but they should also shouldn't spam 1 for things they don't like. BnH is a 3 in my book, I save my 1s for things like Super and Resurrection F.

Gee, a basic shounen is popular, especially after behemoths like Naruto and Bleach ended? Who'da thunk it?

Just go back to your MAL forum

You should kill yourself for the best consensus.

>MAL
This isn't r/anime.

Are you retarded?
Why would I give a shit more than 1?

Sup Forums

CHADS OF Sup Forums

>becuase else youre no better than the people who hand it a 10
Yeah keep telling yourself that, BNH nigger

Go back to your designated shitting thread

>MAL
>asking why its one of the highest rated and most popular anime of all time
Makes you think OP

DBSfags? Or OPMfags?

this is already a shitting thread retard, are you blind or mentally handicapped?

Are you trying to say myanimelist is an unpopular website?

>mal
neck yourself

> Can someone explain why this cartoon became one of the highest rated and most popular anime of all time?
First of all, MAL is a terible source for anything.
Second, overhype + normalfags who love anything that looks colorful and flashy + capeshit that is currently the trend.

not unpopular but it's still a terrible site

>BNHfags thinks that every thread is shit like their.

you're on the website right now desu

Like this one

considering there are only about 50 somewhat decent animes in existence rank 149 is pretty bad

exactly, now your getting it!

So you're saying, dare I say, no good sites?

Yes. Anime community is toxic as fuck no matter where you go. Sup Forums is just the half-eyed beast among the blind ones.

My average rating is like a 3.5/10, most anime is bad so I don't see what the big deal is.

Capeshit is popular with children

Scientists are still baffled as to why these threads ever continue after this post.

>It's the beginning of anime becoming no different than American cartoons
It's literally just generic fucking shounen with every trope included. How is that "beginning"? Japan has been making such trash for dozens of years. Are you that retarded you think it's somehow different and more american just because it has superheroes in it?

These

He's an obvious newfag. He's gonna get his mind blown when he watches Big O if he thinks BnHA is "westernized"

>ratings
>meaning anyway
Most people will rate things they enjoy 7/8. It's rare people will even bother to rate shows they dislike, if they even finish them at all.
So of course people will have a rating average above 6.

Why do you even bother then? Why not find a new hobby if you hate this one so much?

>people who rate bad shows a 7 are getting triggered

myanimelist.net/topanime.php
I wouldn't pay too much mind to MAL's ratings.

Nah it's just that BNH is shit so he just couldn't distinguish it from capeshit

Because I'm autistic you dumbass. I bet you drop shows you don't like too, fucking normie.

Having that mean score is not an accomplishment

>with children
Isnt that shit just as popular with 30 something year olds living their childhood comics and cartoons?
Moeshit and co gets a bad rap for being escapist wishfulfillment, but anyone who enjoyed Star Wars or any of the marvel/DCcomics movies is no better. It is worse in fact, at least moeshit&co is usually set firmly within the bounds of reality, can?t say the same about all the live action capeshit.

Why are you assblasted?

>Look at me mama, I did it again! I posted a meme!!!!!

>normie

Because I'd rather converse with people who like something rather than those who hate it but do it anyway.

Kill thyself, MALcancer

>Moeshit
Didn't even bother reading the rest.

>i only watch 3 shows a season because i have a full time job
kys normie

Don't lump us together, BNHfag

>kys
>normie
Go back

>moe is more Sup Forums related than shounen

>kys
>normie
Fuck off crossboarder

It's easy to digest and understand. It's the same comic book stuff people have been reading forever.

>he still doesn't understand why he's being called out
Off yourself, retarded normalfag

What is the actual purpose of this thread?
Are you complaining that people are enjoying something you don't? A thread died for this.

Is this where we post our MALs for those sweet pageviews?
myanimelist.net/animelist/Nicholaevich

>I
Fuck off

It's just that BNH is garbage

Sorry
Because me'd rather converse with people who like something rather than those who hate it but do it anyway.

What should one's average rating be, then?
Mine is around 6.5 and it feels too low.

Okay but did you really need to make a new thread just for that? Why not make the post on MAL forums where it's a more relevant discussion.

The objectively best mean score is 6. Below a 6 means you're either a retard who can't find things you actually like, or you watch things so you can "be part of the discussion," which is an embarrassing waste of time. Above a 6 means you either don't have the balls to explore past your genre or you like literally everything.

I don't take anyone with a 5+ average seriously, sorry.

>me
Fuck off

5. Obviously but it depends how new/old you are to the medium.
If you're newer than obviously you'll be watching all the stuff that's already considered good and highly likely to be rated higher by a new watcher.
Whereas an older viewer will have a huge range of bad and good shows and bring their average down to 5.
In other words, it doesn't fucking matter.

>Why not make the post on MAL forums where it's a more relevant discussion.
Why would I make one in that shit hole?
I prefer this shit hole

>The objectively best mean score is 5
ftfw

It means you have autism and autistic anime watchers are much better than 2 anime a year normalfags and 50% drop rate Sup Forums users.

You either love wasting your time, or give ratings to things you haven't even seen.

>rating anime at all
What am I reading?

It's just really safe and generic, that's all people really want.

>Mean Score: 5.70
hella

Anyone who has a lower mean than 5.0 is simply depressed and lashing out. Go be a crybaby somewhere else, and stop bitching about how everything isn’t the way you want. You need to sort yourself out before you can even watch anime. You are that pathetic.

Thanks for the advice, Chad.

If you rate anything above 5 you must be prepared to give it a solid recommendation to someone with valid reasons.

>really safe