Unpopular Opinions

I liked Code Geass more than Eva simply because it was more entertaining and enjoyable to watch

Code Geass wasn't entertaining or enjoyable to watch.

You have a noble taste.

This.
Entertaining Train Wreck > Pretends to be Deep

B-But muh d-deep overanalyzed c-characters

sounds like you weren't here when it aired

Like something more than other is not an unpopular opinion.

Saying that something is better than other is.

There's a subtle difference.

code geass is more entertaing and enjoyable than Eva for sure

Eva just fails at being truly deep like pic related or popcorn material like Geass

I love me Fun Train wrecks

I consider Ranpo Kitan a little game and rated it higher than Overlord, FLCL and SAO.

I'm sure this is asked a lot, but why haven't they made more anime like death note and code geass? Over a decade later these are still 2 of my favorite anime. Hyper-intelligent characters with complicated plans and strategies are amazing. They also had less stupid anime tropes. I'm also open to recommendations if anyone has any.

I'd recommend Legend of the Blue Wolves and Karen Senki.

Because concept has proven itself to be boring and worn out quickly, after two successful implementations.

It never died, but its reincarnations are all awful. See: Inaho from A.Z.

T. Newfag

I'll never understand why this is supposed to justify a show being good or worth watching afterward.

>death note and code geass
>Hyper-intelligent characters with complicated plans and strategies

Getting a sort of "humans are underdogs fighting against a more powerful race" vibes from just the description, which I'm generally not a fan of. But they still look pretty interesting so I'll check them out, thanks!
Worn out how? I can't think of many MC's like Light or lelouch, maybe one or 2 from a detective anime but not more than that.

That is what I said, yes.

Well I'm afraid you're retarded.

I disagree. Why do you think so?

Exactly what I had in mind. A.Z is so fucking atrocious to watch. Literal proof that " omnipotent MC knowing each scenario" troupe should be banned, solsystem-wide.

If you want more KEIKAKUDOORI watch Naruto. It gets predictable fast.

Trope*

Maybe in the context of their show they're full of mega-geniuses but otherwise it's pretty average. Don't get me wrong, they're still entertaining shows. I like the idea of crazy grand-strategy shit too but it's gets cringy when anime tries because the authors themselves are usually too brainlet to pull it off well.

I've seen Naruto and I would not really describe that as similar to the type of plans or strategies as DN or CG.
I agree that a lot of anime that try to make these types of characters fail, and usually end up with omnipotent or uninteresting characters, but I think that DN and CG pulled that off fairly well. Most plans were interesting well put together and even failed sometimes, the characters were geniuses but were put up against people just as smart, which caused said failure. I never felt like these characters were all-knowing or unfair, but were still intelligent as they were portrayed.

CG and DN definitely have problems with their 'geniuses'. Like I said, take the context out of the show and you'll find they weren't so much smart but their world was stupid. Lelouch never did anything a person with 120 iq couldn't think of. Most of his shit relied on the geass hack and another character making an ass of themselves. The only sort of intelligent moment was when he geassed himself with the glass. L is played up to be a world-genius detective and yet his analysis is what any decent detective irl would calculate. Every other detective in the show had to be nerfed to the point of being literally retarded so L could look good and Light wouldn't get caught for 37 episodes.

Could you give an example of nerfed detectives or character making an ass of themselves? I'm sure there were moments of idiocy here and there but I remember Lelouch's enemies being fairly competent, and DN's detectives being decent with the amount of information the had.

>nerfed detectives
The fact that they couldn't make the intermediate calculations L was making despite it being their job they work hard on all day? Also after L was killed there was the obvious connection between what L was saying witht he rule and moment before he died which was completely ignored, instead they just believed Light when he told them the shinigami was mad or some shit. Near did smart things but in a very bullshit way that was just there to wrap up the show.
>character making an ass of themselves
Mao and Schneizel falling perfectly for a video recording conversation, Orange ignoring any rational advice and marching out completely unprotected with Suzaku, Villetta getting amnesia from a stomach shot and hitting her head off-screen when she's close to stopping him, chess game retardation instead of just arresting him, naming a few.

>Code Geass
>less stupid anime tropes
The show is literally entirely made of stupid anime tropes

These types of scenes usually seem incompetent from a 3rd party or viewer perspective but if they happened to you or me I don't think it'd be that ridiculous. I say about these types of scenes in general, not the ones you specifically mentioned as I don't remember them all that well, I'd have to rewatch the anime to get the context on these scenes, though amnesia is usually dumb so I agree with that.
While it's not devoid of them I think saying it's made of them is untrue. I simply feel that most anime today or in general rely on them much more than heavily than code geass did.

I don't think Code Geass and Guilty Crown are that different in terms of quality

I really liked it plainly for Zero's mask and the whole double identity thing, same reason I love Eyeshield 21.
Are there any other Anime with characters like this?

That's unironically the most relevant reason to prefer a show over another.
Being complex for complexity's sake, unnecessary convulted, etc... all come later.

I have never seen a more tropey anime than Code Geass, satires included.