Why does anime not try to change up and actually look good and confident in it's visual design?

Why does anime not try to change up and actually look good and confident in it's visual design?
Why does everything just look like it's playing safe and using techniques overused for the past 20 years?

Anime is progressively become more and more stale to watch because everything is starting to look the same.

>complains about visual design
>can't even center text

>why does anime look the way the creators want instead of the way I want

>Resorts to insulting instead of refuting points

>playing safe and using techniques overused for the past 20 years
>monogatari series
Cool story OP

You have a rebuttal? Do show.

i think the line weight looks better that way personally, its also easier to maintain. do you have a real reason as to why its bad? bloom and gradients also make it look less bland compared to normal cell shading.

Nothing to refute, you never made an argument to begin with.

are you fucking kidding

It doesn't look better because dynamic line weight adds variation and interest.
Consistent lineweight looks mechanical and dry and makes every anime look like the last one.

It's not BAD, it's STALE.

Bloom is terrible because it bleeds over the lines and dampens the crisp dark lines into puke greys.
You're better off watching the show through foggy glass if you enjoy bloom.

Gradients also clash with the style and theyre a cop out for actual good technique.

I've shown lots of evidence of shitty techniques in the OP Image.

>Confusing Style with Techniques
Fuck off, read the OP image, shithead.

>t. unemployed art major

Well its good to see you have nothing constructive to say in retaliation..

can you give an example of animation you want?

>animation
This isnt about animation or motion. It's about techniques used to convey the image and style.

What's with the down's syndrome in the 2010's image? Is this edited?

What would you consider to be a hallmark of an interesting design decision and what series is representative of it?

If you're asking "How would you prefer your anime was drawn", then I feel Diamond Is Unbreakable at many parts showed lots of confidence in it's own visual clarity without the overuse of effects and bloom/gradients to create an appealing and powerful visual style.

There wasn't bloom and light leaking over the edge killing the lines, the lines were variated and interesting, the style was conveyed well and the usage of colour and value was well done.

It's a shame so much anime rely heavily on bloom and gradient vignettes to look like it has "high productive quality" when a bold confident technique like here is so much powerful and cleaner.

Most of the things you've pointed out are done to get the art done faster and more easily, since anime is produced under ridiculous schedules and more frequently than not at the same time that it is airing. Big suits high up that don't care about the quality (like in any industry) probably don't help either.
I'd reckon most artists know they can make it look better than this, they just straight up can't afford to.

And anime "progressively becoming more and more stale to watch because everything is starting to look the same" is just you getting more experience with the medium and getting more and more adept at noticing these things, it isn't anime itself """"getting worse"""".

You are correct

But it doesnt change the plateauing of the medium's growth. It feels like they've hit that ceiling of "Servicable + Cost Effective" where actually sacrificing would just result in a worse image, but it is a shame Anime looks like the same shit.

Every night scene in Anime looks the same
Everything looks like trash when bloom leaks over lines
Lack of line weight is apparent and dull
Gradients and Guassian Blurred Shadows are cheap and badly done (Prison School is guilty of this shit)

It's a shame.

Eh, DiU's lines were too thick and the characters looked like stickers.

Yes, overuse of outer edges looks like Paper Mario, but I feel it's confidence is something that needed commending as other anime feels the need to mask their shitty techniques with effects.

significantly more work and more cost for no reward?

Are you complaining that "everything looks the same and is just playing it safe," (and are you claiming this is new?) or are you complaining about bloom and line width specifically? Because those are not the same fucking thing - you could easily have two completely different-looking shows that both cover everything in bloom.

>everything I don't like is bloom
Based on this image everything is bloom, before you try voicing your opinion learn what your criticizing. Like that picture from horizon you complain about foggy glasses but how else would you draw werewolf basking in moonlight?

>Servicable + Cost Effective
That's basically been the point of anime for decades, barring a few standout titles. Same reason it used to be (more) full of stills, pans, and zooms.