Why are they always making curry?

Why are they always making curry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FNy9NEjGDuo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Area of the world

Why did you post a picture of a hamburger?

Sometimes they make jelly-filled donuts.

In the minds of Japs only my mum can make the best curry so if you go someplace and it tastes better than "mum's cooking" then it's fucking amazing. Also you obviously havn't had Jap curry before. It's by far one of my fav foods in the world.

Side note : CoCo Curry number 7 spicy is the best.

You know youre a weebo when you go to the asian supermarket to buy jap curry packets and make it at home

Curry is one of the easiest real food you can make in Japanese households. Most of anime characters being high school brats also counts.

Curry is the world cuisine.

Also, with an existence of packaged curry roux, it is so damn easy to make a big pot of curry at home.

>Why are they always making curry?
Cheap, you can use barely any meat and no one would notice.

I will not be ashamed! That shit is fucking good!

chicken & squid curry!

Try some and you'll probably understand.

you know you're a weeb when your asian supermarket doesn't sell curry packets and thus you make the roux from scratch

Why can't japs into the superiority of Thai curry?

How does your local supermarket not have an asian section i've seen then everywhere

Why do you always eat tacos, kfc or burgers?

I like curry better when it's called a stew.
The only difference is that curry is spicy, a not spicy curry shouldn't be called curry at all.

Cause it's the bomb

Because Japs prefer sweet curry

youtube.com/watch?v=FNy9NEjGDuo

Because it's divine unlike all those deep fried oily shits

does jap curry have a similar flavor to indian curry? I hate indian curry but the color its always shown as leads me to believe jap curry has a much different taste
it still uses shit like curry powder though doesnt it?

nah stew is thicker than soup but not as thick as curry
curry is closer to gravy/sauce consistency

>didn't know what the big deal of Curry
>got work at Indian restaurant
>chef made curry for me
>tasted fucking delicious

I will never doubt the greatness of curry again

>Japanese """"curry""""
Here's a real curry.

>more oil than curry
Nice try

It has nothing to do with thickness, it's about spices which Japanese "curry" lacks.
It's only called curry because some britbong made some bastardized attempt at Indian curry while in India and the Japs adopted it.
It's beef stew by any measure.

japanese curry is definitely not beef stew my man

i highly recommend learning to make some Japanese Curry it's very simple.

Yeah it is.

Japan will put eggs with anything, Jesus.

Jap curry is sweeter

i just chose to because it feels kind of empty without it.

Do you want to grow your dick big and strong or not? Eat your damn eggs.

it's more stew than curry.

Because curry is delicious, I just made some tonight with some goat meat. The biggest question is why do they only pour the curry over one half of the rice? I always pour mine right on top so it evenly cascades over all of the rice. How does Sup Forums eat their curry?

Why do they separate the rice from the stew?
Seems like something only an autistic kid would do.

no, there are thin indian curry.

No dude.

How is it different?

it tastes like gravy with a curry flavor, and the sauce is much thicker than stew liquid.

Flood the rice

Vegetables, maybe? Rice and the curry's potato(?) cover carbs, egg and chicken cover protein, but there's just the carrot and onion(?) in the curry for vegetables. Some diced green onions on top, a small bowl of kimchee or other pickled vegetables on the side, perhaps fry some sliced eggplant with the oil used for the chicken.

benishoga or takana would probably be my choice instead of egg

and there's potatoes, carrot and onion in the curry. and that isn't chicken, thats fried pork loin

It doesn't taste like curry flavor.

nah it does. its just a mild mild mild mild curry flavor in the background

>thats fried pork loin
My mistake. Had a fitting shape and colour, so I'd switched from just calling it "meat" to specifically chicken. Still, the idea of protein holds.

>benishoga or takana would probably be my choice instead of egg
Good ideas. I don't think the egg needs to go, but I'm having a hard time finding another way to fit it in which doesn't make it another side dish.

fat anime cakes can't be wrong

Super easy and quick to eat and make, and tastes good.

Separated by having curry on one half of the plate and rice on the other half. It's nice to be able to eat rice by itself, especially when the curry is really spicy so that you can alleviate some of the spiciness. It also prevents the rice from soaking up all the curry and getting all mushy.

>Japanese curry
>really spicey

Looks like a big slop of shit.

>quick to make
takes over 30 minutes

Where was it ever mentioned that it was Japanese curry?

Well considering they're the only ones who consistently do the half rice thing.

Curry is the Japanese comfort food

>Sup Forums - Curry & Curry

but i'm a gook and we've been doing that since i was born. plenty at the korean market -- both korean and japanese. indian and thai are really good, too

because friday is curry day.

Coco's Number 6, Double Tonkatsu, Veggies, Egg, with Naan on the side yo.

>eating poop
Eww

No one makes the roux from scratch. The appeal of Japanese curry is the fact that it's dirt cheap to make, and all the spices you need are in the packet. Even Morimoto uses the curry roux, and I guarantee you aren't better than him.

>they say curry but they eat it with rice
basically becomes plaf khoresht

How do Japs make curry so often? I made some Chicken Tikka Masala and it took like 3 hours of cooking. How can someone have the willpower to do that often?

I probably make carbonara pasta as much as the japs make curry, for the same reasons, so I can understand

Japanese curry uses a pre-made roux most of the time. Golden and Vermont are some of the most popular, but there's others out there. You start with braising your meat, normally they use cheaper cuts, especially of pork, like pork belly and shoulder. Braise it until you get a nice fond going then toss in your diced onions. Render the onions down until they're translucent, then strip the fond with water and fill it up to desired level and bring it to a boil. Add your diced potatoes, and boil for 5-10 minutes until the potatoes are partially soft. Then add your diced carrots, and the curry roux. It's best to chop it up so that it cooks more evenly. Reduce heat to a medium-low temperature and let it go for about an hour.

Same as any other dish: things get faster once you become familiar with the process and portions. Can also start modifying the recipe to fit your fridge, rather than the other way around. Also, were you doing a roux from scratch, or using a packet?

Thank you user.

No problem, it takes a bit of practice to get really good at making the curry the way you like, so experiment with it. I don't use the packets, only the blocks, and I use 1 large Golden Mild with 1 regular sized Vermont hot. I try to make the batch an even temperature so that when I want something spicier I'll pull out like 4 cups and hit it with some Chili infused oil and ghost pepper flakes. Diced apples can also make it taste really good, especially if you sear them in the pork fat with the onions before adding the water. I also add a splash of soy to my water, perhaps 3 tbsp.

It is shocking that Japan can get away with culturally appropriating Indian cuisine. Shocking!

It's easy to make, so I eat it pretty often. I also usually make tonkatsu, and tonkatsu sauce is good. With that said, Japanese Curry is relatively bland compared to Indian and Thai curry, with the former being my favorite.

>Japanese-style version of an Indian dish as a tie-up for a Taiwanese puppet show

of course it makes sense, arr rook the same

Indian curry is more sour, they use fish or mutton for their flavourings. Japanese curry is sweet

A lot of amazing stew-type foods do. The important thing is that the taste and texture are fucking amazing.

Just a warning: there's a reason you use cheap cuts of meat. You're letting stuff you've turned to small pieces stew for at least an hour. A cheap fatty piece of meat like a pork shoulder or the such is going to melt into awesome, but something meant to be slapped on the grill till it's medium-rare is going to end up chewy and crappy.

The spicier the better

I really don't get that "appropriating" complaint we see thrown about sometimes. Isn't other cultures picking up pieces of one's own EXACTLY how you basically work towards
a fucking cultural victory?

If they're eating your cuisine, using your language and idioms, thinking with your concepts and worshiping your gods, the only part left is who they pay their taxes to, and you've got a foot in the door on that subject.

curry is great. extra if the stuff are fappable

Because curry is easy to make with camping.

Designated post, Pajeet

Isn't that spicy as fuck? I tried nr 2 and 3, thought it was fairly spicy already.

>japanese "curry"

The real issue is them cutting all their ingredients into big chunks.

Japanese curry is a English curry derivat.

>that triggers the thai

Are those pogs that come with the dishes?

I'd eat the Shang Bu Huan, that shit looks oishii as fuck.

It's delicious

No, buy a piece of meat and put it over a fire. Done.

you know you're a weebo when you do that, because every normal american supermarket carries japanese curry and you could just get it there

Cury when you're in a hurry

It is easy enough for high schoolers/middle schoolers to make.

Is that from that puppet show? For some reason I get really creeped out when I see it.

I put fukujinzuke on it

>sweet curry
Pajeets are ashamed.
What even happens in this series anyways.

How do i into any type of udon? Is it actually tasty?

jack's curry is my favorite