Hunter x Hunter

Chapter 372: Disappearance

Furykov (Hey now... if you do it so flagrantly you'll expose yourself)

Furykov (A layman can't possibly produce that much aura all of a sudden. Now people will notice that you're experienced Nen users)

Furykov (You didn't raise your hand, but you fail at hiding anyway. Are the guards of the 9th Prince (Halkenburg) idiots or what?)

Kurapika "Shedule, Yuhirai"

Yuhirai "Yessir"

Kurapika "Both of you can use Nen. Are you testing me?"

Shedule "!? N-no, that was not our intention!!"

Yuhirai "... Can we talk about this matter in private? Just between you and us"

Kurapika "From a security standpoint, neither can I leave here, nor can I let you approach"

Kurapika "I will speak to either one of you after the lecture"

Yuhirai "Understood"

Furykov (I see, they (? subject unclear) are not aware themselves. Either they are being Manipulated, or it is related to the Princes' Nen Beasts...)

Sakata (It is possible that the present development is all according to their (? plural but whose?) scenario. Their goal might be to stay in this room...)

Sakata (I'd prefer to observe them from up close, but... It depends on how Kurapika took my firing the gun just now...)

Furykov (The other one, Loberry, has been detained by the Royal Army, so that leaves one more hidden Nen-user...)

Furykov (This guy is really good with his camouflage)

Furykov (The aura flowing from above his head is perfectly natural, and the flow of aura from his hands looks exactly like a novice's)

Attorney? "Very well then, shall we-"

Seiko "We reserve our right to remain silent"

Seiko "We will answer none of your questions"

Attorney "You are protected by royal privileges. This is just a formality and shall not remain in any court records"

Seiko "Even better. My answer does not change"

Attorney "...Very well. That saves me some hassle too"

Attorney "We'll have to bear with each other for 72 hours. With surveillance, you can even move around if you'd like"

Attorney "Please tell me if you have any requests. We can provide you with most anything"

Hanzo or Bisky "It has become visibly larger"

"... What do you think of this?"

Bisky "It used to take an appearance of a dragon swimming gracefully in the air, too..."

Hanzo "The Nen Beast then started wearing a grim face and started growing bigger and bigger... and it accelerated with the death of his sister"

Bisky "No doubt, the thorns that cover its entire body is an expression of its self-defense instincts. The Nen Beast is clearly affected by the restlessness, fear, stress, and trauma"

"Hanzo, Bisky, your shift is done"

Bisky "Are you seriously going?"

Hanzo "Yeah I'll settle this. If we found the culprit we might even be able to appease the Prince's Nen Beast"

Hanzo "If my real body is touched or talked to, it will forcefully dispel my skill. I'm sorry but I'll have to ask you to keep watch around here"

Bisky "You know, sleep deprivation is bad for your skin"

Bisky "Let me help you with 1 gross of my Nature Beauty Pack"

spoilers were sponsored by reddit today

Check'em -

I'LL KILL YOU CLOWN

>Mfw
Impresive.

Damn.

HISOKA WINS AGAIN!

How will Spider cucks ever recover?

Based Hisoka

Furykov (This guy is really good with his camouflage)
>Furykov (The aura flowing from above his head is perfectly natural, and the flow of aura from his hands looks exactly like a novice's)

So it's possible to fake it to that extent. Tse confirmed for already knowing nen and fucking with Theta's mind.

How many years do you guys think the Boat arc goes on?

It'll end in time for the next HxH reboot in 2023

dat babyface

The dude was playing GI, for god's sake.

Hanzo confirmed to not suffer any skin damage this chapter.

> Sleeping next to Biskky with her hair down and in pjs

IT'S NOT FAIR

If I get dubs, Theta survived.

chrollofags btfo

This is a signal, who's the 8th spider? that's the next one being killed by Hisoka.

Hanzo is into astral projecting? Sweet

delet

Non ironically it is Shizuku

Fking boring as always, kurapika arc sucks, why it just cant be la yorknew arc?

This one Nen user must be really skilled, enough to have an ability like Silent Majority.

Fucking confirmed, the dubs have spoken.

Screencap this post Shizuku is getting CLOWN'D.

Based clownposter.

I still see no reason why the robot Nen doll isn't a giant demon covered in penises.

We need to talk about the real important question which is could Sup Forums beat up their dad

Boat arc is literally the most ambitious battleshonen arc in history.

>half of the boat's population will die before reaching the DC
>half of us will die before reading it
is togashi a genius

No. I mean, he will die soon, too.

It is pretty damn ambitious, I'll grant you. Especially if Halkenburg's troops got a special Nen beast baptism. That has to be a heavy duty baptism. And now there's that many more competent Nen users on the boat.

>all those infodumps will be completely irrelevant after titanic 2.0
He's insane.

My sorter results are the most popular of all.

>87.-Gyro
Kys.

>Pakunoda Shoahstein
well played

A lot of people seem to think that the Succession Arc and the DC arc won't have much bleed through. But my bet is, since they're so interconnected, through plot events we can't yet anticipate, we'll eventually end up at the DC, but with many more characters than we currently think. I think some Spiders will still be alive. I think some Princes might be involved. I think Hisoka will be involved. I don't know why any of these would come to the real DC, but we also don't really know much about the Succession Crisis yet. The whole Momoze coffin thing throws everything in a strange light. Who knows what will happen by the time we get there.

I didn't do that; they were named like that in the sorter itself. I love Jewish people.

Well, as far as I know that isn't her last name, so somebody had a laugh along the way

right now yes, when 12 nah
prepuberty kids are weak, unless you are like double his size

>yfw spoilers were posted while you were sleeping

The more important question is would you feel bad about it
He's just an old man, user

why is 1st prince BENJI the best prince?
can't wait for military state China to outlaw drugs, criminal activity and degeneracy

Governments only outlaw drugs so they can control the trade themselves

>this guy hasn't even read the Gospel of Thaithon
SAD

This nen teaching thing would’ve been exciting if it went balls to the wall fast and was quick mindgames rather than an explanation of how nen world again

i would never do it
the question was just if i could or not

This arc will be a lot better when we can read it in one go in our 50s

SHIZUKU ETERNALLY BTFO

>yfw not even halfway through the voyage Togashi sinks the ship

I can't wait for the hand clasping to be done so that way I can evaluate what Nen type I am fairly and without the need of a really shitty quiz.

Who does Yusuke beat in HxH?

Oh shit I can’t frogpost

Hanzo "I came to help you. The First Prince (Benjamin) wants to meet you."

Toughdy "The First... Prince!?"

Hanzo "They are headhunting"

Toughdy "It has already been settled among the military"

Hanzo "They have concocted a scenario where Nagomamu next door will confess in his will and commit suicide"

Hanzo "But for the trial documents we need the concrete modus operandi -- in other words we need to reveal the secret"

Toughdy "..."

Hanzo "Now that the existence of Nen and Nen Beasts are publicly known thanks to the current affair, Nen is now legally admissible evidence in court"

Hanzo "So if we write down a detailed account of the ability used to commit the deed, we are all set"

Toughdy "... I see"

Toughdy "My ability is a doppelganger technique called 'The Touch (Out of Body Experience)'"

Toughdy "It is limited to a radius of 20m, but if I, my real body, lie down and close my eyes, the doppelganger can move around freely"

Hanzo "Okay"

Hanzo "Currently Nagomamu is out cold from sedatives. I will make it look like a suicide so lend me a hand will you?

Toughdy "Okay. But how did you know that I di-"

Hanzo strangles Toughdy from behind

Hanzo "There were only two choices. I just tested with you first. That is all...!"

"Come o~n, tell us what it is that you are planning to do!"

Sale-Sale "Hahahah, you can keep guessing until the day comes"

"But but, we are not allowed to join the feast"

"Right, see? We won't be able to see that moment you change the world, so tell us first plea~se"

Sale-Sale "Well~ Shall I give you a hint?"

Sale-Sale "Ah, I might as well make it so you can all hear it from the broadcast within this room"

Taithon "So how was it? What's your impression of the Taithon Canon?"

Taithon "Has it evoked a change of heart?"

"Like, wow, every word tugged at my heartstrings!"

"I am so deeply touched by every sentence that I can't turn the pages!"

"My emotions were knocked out at the Table of Contents and Chapter Title! Now I am reading it real carefully~~!"

Izunavi "My apologies. I have yet to read it either."

Taithon "That's fiiine

Post hisoka reaction pics please.
I want them for my folder

Kurapika "That is all for today. Same time tomorrow morning"

Furykov (The assassin has not made a move since. Are they planning one murder per day?)

Kurapika (On the first day they killed five guards. (The fact that he hasn't killed more this time) is most likely because the conditions aren't met to do so)

Sakata "Kurapika, allow me to join"

Kurapika "My apologies, but I cannot..."

Sakata "I should have the qualifications to. And the rights"

Sakata "If we cannot receive useful information especially for our employer (Third Prince Zhang Lei) there is no point in us staying here"

Sakata "Moving forward, do you think that you and Bill can possibly hack it alone?"

Sakata "There was an assassination right in the middle of the crowd. I bet you didn't see it coming"

Kurapika (This is one of the problems that Bill wanted to tell me about when I passed out, huh...)

Kurapika "Of course, I guarantee that you will receive said information. However, please refrain for the time being"

Sakata "I cannot accept that. I believe my argument is also correct from a security standpoint, wouldn't you say?"

Sakata "I will have you reveal everything regarding Nen that has transpired here"

Yuhirai "If your argument concerns our affair, allow us to concede here"

Yuhirai "Our Prince Halkenburg wishes to stop the Succession Contest, if possible"

Yuhirai "That we are discussing this with you this time is also to settle things amicably. We want information on the Nen Beasts"

Yuhirai "There is this mark that appeared on the back of everyone's left hand in our quarters, including the guards and the Prince himself. It seems like a tattoo that wouldn't disappear no matter how much we scrubbed or washed it"

Yuhirai "Our Prince said that he lost consciousness right after having seen us all collapse first"

Yuhirai "And it seems that by the time he woke up, this mark is already on our hands"

What a fucking slut

>分身の術
We narutu now.

Kurapika "By deleting the memory that you were attacked, you were much less prone to panicking from seeing the mark that suddenly appeared"

Kurapika "In an overwhelming majority of cases, this kind of memory rewrite is used by Appeal-type Manipulators"

Yuhirai "Appeal-type...?

Kurapika "It refers to a Manipulator who can make his targets work in his interest while giving them some leeway to choose"

Togashi's notes here. A Command-type Manipulator controls both the target's mind and body. An Appeal-type Manipulator only controls the body, or forces the targets to move according to the user's demand by cornering them into a situation where there is no choice but to do so. Momoze's "Are you free?" Nen Beast belongs to the latter category

Kurapika "Compared to the Command-type or Semi-Command-type Manipulators, Appeal-type users have the advantage of being able to control a larger amount of people with comparatively less energy"

Kurapika "This mark you have has the same effect as ones used in real life"

Kurapika "It can serve as a record or a message, or a distinguishing feature, or a signature, or intimidation, et cetera. Judging from your Prince's personality, what do you think of this mark?"

Yuhirai "... The closest I can think of... is a mark of determination and unity"

Yuhirai "Our Prince himself is a character with innate resolve... But he lets his decisions for group matters permeate through everyone with clear words and actions"

Yuhirai "In other words, this mark is proof of fellowship among those with the same resolve... including the Prince himself...!"

Kurapika "I agree. That explains why the mark appeared at a place most noticeable by the eye, but..."

Kurapika "... the problem is this 'resolve' you are talking about"

Yuhirai "Yeah, there clearly is a contradiction here"

Sakata "What contradiction?"

Yuhirai "Our Prince's dearest wish is to abolish the current monarchy. This Succession Contest is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to realize that dream"

Yuhirai "But our Prince most definitely does not wish for murders...!"

Yuhirai "His principles conflicted with his cause so much that he told the King he would withdraw from this contest, in hopes that the whole affair would be called off"

Yuhirai "Right now, our Prince has resolved to stick to his principles and choose the longer way around, even if it is harder. But the Nen Beast might not share the same wish...!"

Kurapika "By the way, can you tell the number on my finger?"

Yuhirai "Is that aura? No, I can't tell..."

Kurapika "It seems that you are only half-awakened, after all"

Kurapika "You are in a state where you can partially use Nen in a limited fashion, but you cannot control it on your own will..."

Kurapika "I suspect that the conditions to activate your ability must be strongly tied to your Prince's words and actions..."

Kurapika "But one can also say the fact that your Prince has the same mark might be a dangerous omen"

Yuhirai "!? What does that mean...?"

Kurapika "That the marks are identical is a sign that both the Prince and his supporters are equal before the resolve"

Kurapika "It is a commendable ideal. At the same time, it also means that the risk of the Nen Beasts' ability is shouldered equally"

Kurapika "The stronger the ability is, the stricter the conditions will be. And the more powerful the backlash too, if the conditions are not met"

Kurapika "If your prince is a character that matches his reputation, then it is not unthinkable that the risk involves death"

Did anything happen? Sounds like another chapter of exposition

where can I find viz scans for chapters 361-370?

Hanzo seems to have figured out who the killer is and is trying to strangle them. I think

The TL seems very spotty so it's hard to tell

We get to learn something about Nen we don't know? Nice

How badly is Izunavi going to die? I'm guessing Baise-tier badly.

Jesus, that's some cold ninja shit. Hyped as fuck for Punished Hanzo.

Seems like a great chapter.

This is going to be a long arc of exposition you should buckle up

Sounds like another boring chapter. Honestly, Kurapika's plot is uninteresting.
Even BnHA chapter looks more fun this week. Hope Togashi step it up.

Kurapika "It is imperative that all of you who bear the same mark figure out the exact nature of your ability as soon as possible, lest your Prince's convictions become your poison"

Yuhirai "... Understood"

Kurapika "From now on, if you can tell me everything you discover about your Prince's ability, I might be able to give you concrete instructions on what measures to take"

Yuhirai "We are very grateful of that proposal, but..."

Kurapika "From the earlier commotion, you must know by now that our Queen Oito shares the same desire to avoid bloodshed. We will definitely not abuse any information you might provide us"

Yuhirai "Don't get me wrong, I trust you in that regard. But the "we" you speak of does not necessarily include the Princes whom you are sharing information with. Am I wrong?"

Sakata "You need not worry. Our Prince Zhang Lei is also exploring options to resolve everything peacefully as a priority"

Sakata (This means that all we need to do is to corner Halkenburg into a situation where he has to choose between his cause and his principles)

Yuhirai (Those words are all lip service)

Kurapika "The hard-liners have already made their move. The lower Princes are weaker in power, and as such must join forces or else get targeted and eliminated"

Yuhirai "I am in complete agreement. We should start by forming a pact among Princes and announce it"

Yuhirai (Sakata's existence is a nuisance, but Kurapika's information is precious. Protecting the 14th Prince Woble is thus tantamount to protecting our Prince Halkenburg!)

Between him and Hanzo one of the two has to die to a nen beast to showcase it. Probable to the crazy princes beast. Hanzo just did a thing so he has a bigger target on his back

kurapika is going to pay for his greed in creating the steal ability. this is all going to go over his head eventually. Expect the 4th and 1st prince to do some power plays

Sakata "That is right... And we should direct our focus to the most important problem at hand, which is finding and arresting the assassin"

Sakata (... information on Kurapika's lecture and the 9th Prince's Nen Beast, the real identity of the assassin. And the most important of all, core information on Nen, which governs the way this Succession Contest goes)

Kurapika "I will go through the Pro Hunters to reach out to the other Princes"

Kurapika (It is of great advantage if I can reel both the 3rd and 9th Princes in. If, while stalling for time, we can find a way to escape this Succession Contest...)

Hanzo (My real body is... NOT HERE...!? Bisky has disappeared too! What happened!?)

Hanzo frantically searches around the room

Hanzo (Everybody is gone...! What the hell...!?)

Hanzo (Wait, the Prince's Nen Beast is here, so the Prince must be nearby too! ...It has shrunk in size, but it has also become much more sinister...!)

As Hanzo tries to approach, the Nen Beast extends its tentacle to intimidate

Hanzo (What does this mean? Will it attack regardless if it's friend or foe!? ...Or does it not even have the capacity to tell friend from foe!?)

-End-

I'm not sure if I want Sale-Sale to secretly be a genius and actually do something impressive or if I want him to be a hilariously arrogant clown who makes a complete ass out of himself.

Also, I guess at this point that Bateman Sale-Sale room number thing was either a sign of collusion or just an error on Togashi's part.

Hanzo is giving me Pokkle vibes, he's gonna die

Fucking Kurapika goddamn. Dude has the entire nation wrapped around his finger and all it took was tangling some candy infront of them

FOR FUCKS SAKE TOGASHI! STOP WRITING NOVELS

Oh, fug, not Hanzo.
And I like that Kurapika is securing allies all over the place even if some of the allies don't like each other. So, we have tentative allies in the 3rd, 9th, and 5th Prince, although the 5th is explicitly a give-and-take situation. The allies of the 9th don't like the troops of the 3rd, and the 5th Prince wants to kill the 3rd Prince.

This is a lot of stuff, man.

Yeah. Biscuit and the other dude are out because the olher dude noone cares about and Biscuit is probably being saved for another arc since she has connections with Gon and Killua both of whom are gone from the arc. Kurapikas teacher jobbing would provide motivation for him and Hanzo dying would be Pokkle and hat girl 2.0

>hanzofans right now

I want Biscuit to go all out.

I don't think he's dying YET. Not until the second prince starts doing shit. His clone is about to get fucked up though

Hisoke get Iphone.

Their saving grace is that it's so obvious he'll die that he just might survive

not so sure though

H-He'll be fine. Togashi wouldn't Pokkle two Hunter Exam alumni.

I've waited Hanzo show his stuff for almost 15 years. He better not job.

>pro hunters using such easily breakable phones
laugh at this man

At this point, Theta fans are probably thinking, "Maybe he is just killing everyone. E-everyone except Theta, o-of course."

In the truest sense of the word jobber, it means for a character who was previously established as strong to be defeated in order to showcase how serious the new threat is

Sorry to say it but Hanzo was built to be a jobber.

>this chapter
yawn/10 wake me up when the spiders start killing again

Based Togashi. HxH Vol 36. will be the best Light Novel of 2018.

damn Halkenburg is really one of the most interesting princes, top 2 with Bateman
damn what's going on?

nah the 4. princes nenbeast will just have shapeshifted into Theta. It's a legit theory

My waifu will not die
Take it back you villain

For the likes of you, every chapter is "nothing happened" if it doesn't contain a fighting scene or Hisoka

>Hanzo and Izumi will both job to the stupid princes before they even get to DC
Say it ain't so

>Another setup chapter
>Another chapter without the doctor
Why do we live Leoribros? Just to suffer?

even fell for the BNHA bait, what are you doing?

All of them

based benjiposter