Violet Evergarden

The chuu2 stuff is in the anime. Fantasy arcs soon, brothers.

>watching VEG for the story

>No twitter mess at all
>Not a single top trend
>Flopping kek
>Nips already shitting on it
What the fuck just happened? why only gaijin faggots praise this so much on MAL, Anumesuki and here?

It's good, so why not?

Is this the dedicated shitposti-
I mean Discor-
VEG thread?
The atmosphere of this reminded me of Madoka, yuru camp and sora yori.

>Throwing the LN to the trash
>Good
Kyoanifags, everyone.

Kyoani always takes garbage works with an interesting setting, and then fixes them in the anime adaptation. This isn't anything new.

Yeah that's why every single show where they did that flopped hards as fuck, right kyoanitard?

If you mean that actually fleshing out the world and its characters (which the LNs don't do) while keeping the whole "Violet writes letters and gradually learns" angle then sure, they really trashed it.

K-on and Lucky Star was altered to work better as a tv anime.

>salesfags

MAL is starting to shit on it as well.

Yes? Free only took the characters from the novel and made a completely original plot. Hibike S1 was roughly 50% original, Maidragon had roughly 4 anime original episodes if we sum it all together. Chuu2 was also original for the most part

this episode was probably directed by a footfag

It was all symbolism bro. Her shoes getting dirty when she arrived and left, her feet being used to convey her emotions, the clean shoes abandoned on the floor.

>those feet
Is Kyoani openly declaring feet war to Shaft?

>good
VEG anime original episodes are to build violet's character and struggle which was lacking in the novel.
They still made good profit, phantom world was changed for the better too since the LN is full of edgy shit

Retards giving it 10/10 on MAL a year before it was even out are too embarrassed to admit it's shit.

I have to say that kyoani really got the autistic stare down with Violet. Pure 100% concentrated autism.

>mom trying to force her into a marriage even though she clearly doesn't want
the worst

>Madoka
Ehhhh?

her mom didn't know

I wasn't talking about Eamonn specifically, more about the whole thing in itself.

Is it just me and my dirty /u/ peabrain or was there a hint of yuri in the last scene?

It's her only daughter, I don't blame her.

to be fair, Violet will have mentioned that Iris specifically told her to not send him an invite. she could just have accepted that her daughter is an adult and will have a good reason for doing so, even if she doesn't know the reason

>take /r9k/ greentexts
>make a novel and an anime out of it
>claim it's big kino

Is it me or VEG threads are pretty much dead lately?

Smiles you failed to protect.

>you will never see bayonet manlet animated

Why do women always assume that you like them even if you're just being nice and respectful?
It's not that easy to turn down someone's confession you know.
I've experienced this many times already, thus can somehow relate with this guy.

it took almost 1/3 of the run time to resolve the riveting conflict of "a bloo bloo bloo this guy rejected me"

>Why do women always assume that you like them even if you're just being nice and respectful?
At the risk of sounding like some /r9k/ reject, because a lot of them act exactly like that. Used to have a lot of female friends in college and they'd always tell me their woes
>"Oh no, I went to a date and send the guy so many obvious signs, yet he didn't respond to any of them"
>ask them what those signs were
>it was looking him in the eyes and smiling every now and then

So did letterwriters or scribes not exist in this world until the auto memoir doll?

Why would the entire profession be named after the machine if that wasn’t the case!

>abloo bloo bloo this guy rejected me
I mean, he was her childhood friend. She always hang out with him so her feelings never had any chance to die off from separation and she assumed he was feeling the same way and was just too shy to act on it.
That hurts a lot more than being rejected by someone you've only known for a short time anyway.

>violet killed by bayonet
Pottery?

It's only shitposters at this point. Only good threads are webms, screenshots. and stuff before subs dropped. Abandon all violet threads.

wow holy shit who even cares
you could not come up with a more mundane dramatic situation; spending more than like 2 minutes on it is far too long. many of other pieces would dismiss the entire plotline in a single sentence

are you sure you are watching the right show? the whole anime is about Violet being a social autist and trying to figure out how feelings work

Nah, they started calling ghostwriters auto memoir dolls as a honorary reference to actual auto memoir dolls who are tiny little robots who write what you say.
It's kind of far-fetched, and was probably just done to fool the reader into thinking that Violet's a robot in the first chapter of the LN.

is it really too much to ask to spice it up even the tiniest bit? this shit is soap opera level honestly

From 1 to 10, how much you like Violet as a character?

Try to balance her pros and cons, and visualize how much she can improve. Add commentaries if needed.

physically: 8/10 [-2 for robo arms]
personality: 4/10 cuz 'tism

I quite enjoy the show. A breath of fresh air, to have episodes centering on other people and mostly from their PoV's, instead of squarely from Violet's.

Also, Violet totally did Iris' arm in when she grabbed her, didn't she?

She reminds me of Chise. Only she actually doesn't depend on other male characters. She's trying to grow early on.

5-ish

>Bitch, where ma money?

>In bitcoins, she replied gently

I'm not gonna write a fucking essay, user. I already hated that in school.
That being said, Violet isn't all that interesting. The other characters are alright though.

She isn't suicidal like Chise though

oh, if it was all symbolism and hit, then it's ok

but probably realistic in the historical context of the story
women have always been the most stuck up about marrying their girls, the ones putting the most pressure on them, and the ones to mock the the most violently if they fail to marry

it's even worse in Japan

>It's only shitposters at this point.

At what point it wasn't only shitposting?

She is pretty good. She is not forced, her characters traits is consistent, her design is good. I enjoy her autism remarks to others.
8/10

>go into this anime after reading threads, expecting Instagram the anime
>filters aren't that bad, voice actors are good and the story is comphy
Never trust Sup Forums

>comphy
Sup Forums post

Like a 4, maybe.

I think she's the main reason why VEG is not really working like it was supposed to work with the audience. A series like this which relies so much in the MC , and especially this one which has MC's freaking name on its title. If the MC is weak, the series it's practically doomed.

I'm struggling to like her but I can't find reason to do it.

>freaking
>reddit spacing
epic post

Nice reddit spacing you got there.

could have at least said she's sorry after fucking up though

I understand now what you mean user

I checked the reddit VEG thread and spotted a lot of profilic posters easily identified, some posts appearing in same form here even. Checking their post history, they are mostly Sup Forums so seems it is the election that brought them on Sup Forums.

What does /r anime think about this anime? Can't be bothered to read 4 entire episode threads

Fuck off reddit.

I tried to fuck off to reddit, but then found it is already occupied by you, so had to back off.

False flagging will get you nowhere, spongebob

In fact, as in every dumbfuck nowhere rural villages, all the people at the party are most likely already badmouthing her to oblivion and saying she can't marry her daughter, and they'll bully her with sneaky mean little punchlines next times they'll meet at the market or wherever she'll go. She lost her face and her reputation, and their family will be target of mockery for a long time now.
So no, she was probably not in the mood of apologizing to her.

Cattleya was looking nice this episode.

>>In fact, as in every dumbfuck nowhere rural villages, all the people at the party are most likely already badmouthing her to oblivion and saying she can't marry her daughter, and they'll bully her with sneaky mean little punchlines next times they'll meet at the market or wherever she'll go. She lost her face and her reputation, and their family will be target of mockery for a long time now.
>makes a lot of assumptions out of nowhere
>>So no, she was probably not in the mood of apologizing to her.
>then ignores stuff that was actually shown in the episode, namely her mom feeling bad for her
What did user mean by this?

You don't like Violet Evergarden? That's ok. That's just means you're not mature enough for the art which is Violet Evergarden. It's anime about people and feelings. Try it again after 10 years.

You're just not ready for story and world which VE brings to viewer. This anime is no way boring, I enjoy every second of it.

Women don't have agency user, this is the best thing for society.

>reddit spacing

>wah my mom wants me to marry and settle down?
>she also brought the man who rejected my confession all those years ago?
>let me go ahead and make a bitch fit then go to my room and cry all day

Sounds just like real women

how do you know so much about reddit?

>>she also brought the man who rejected my confession all those years ago?
I'm not sure why you think that this wouldn't turn someone's mood sour. Especially after she made it very clear that she does not want him at the party.
Also sounds like a perfect portrayal of women.

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

FMA did it better

7ish/10 Violet is charming as fuck and her interactions with others are enjoyable to watch

Loved how she first explicitly asked her that, which was already kinda a slap in the face.
And then she asked her the same fucking thing a second time just with a slightly different wording.
Poor Iris was broken by her.

I was told by everyone here that the show was boring as hell and that all it had going for it was great visuals. Actually watched it now up to episode 3 and really like it. Does every show have to have fights and shit for it to be interesting?

These threads are so awful. I'm fine enjoying this shit without you grumpy folks.

So she actually knows things about romance, if she can determine what actions are romantic or not?

This is the power of deep rooted KyoAni hatred and overhype. Those two volatile powers have created some of the worst threads I have ever seen. I love the show, after episode 4 I am certain I will enjoy this show all the way through.

>Does every show have to have fights and shit for it to be interesting?
It's the hype. People deluded themselves into thinking VEG is going to be something it was clearly never going to be and now they can't let it rest and just watch something else.

Violet characterization has been pretty inconsistent.

How so?

She understands the words but not the meaning behind them I'd assume. Just how she must know what the words "I love you" mean on a text-comprehension level, but doesn't understand the feelings behind it.

I want to marry this angelic war criminal. Spoilers ahead.

“If he wished so, I could return. I am in my current job because I was ordered to.”

“‘Ordered’?”

“Yes.”

“By that man… who was always by your side?”

“Yes.”

“Is that so? What a pity. Hey, what has been the most agonizing thing for you until now?”

“I do not understand agony very well.”

“Then, the saddest thing?”

“I do not understand this very well, either.”

“Do you have someone you hate?”

“I do not… understand hatred very well.”

“Someone you love?”

“I do not… understand love very well.”

“Do you not have emotions?”

“I do not know.”

“What do you live for?”

“Since I have been born, all that is left for me to do is live until I die.”

“Ever wanted to die?”

“No.”

“Hey, what would you do if I told you to never again wield a weapon in your life?”

“I would not accept it.”

“Do you like weapons?”

“Most likely.”

“Do you like hurting people?”

“No… Maybe… Most likely.”

“You’re… wicked, huh?”

Only that question was answered after Violet chewed on her lip. “Most likely.”

Edward could not suppress his grin. “What do I do?” he muttered curtly. “What do I do, Violet?”

“Is something the matter, Sir Edward?”

“I might really… end up falling madly in love with you.”

“Are you not just mistaken?”

“Mistaken about what?”

“Since I and Sir Edward… are alike, you are merely identifying with me and remembering the feeling of familiarity.”

“We’re not alike. I seek enjoyment in killing, but aren’t you different? Y’know, you’re… like a machine. Isn’t just the name of Auto-Memories Dolls perfect for you? The most beautifully corrupted doll in the world. But I… am a former murderer that slaughtered people with a clear state of mind. Not someone magnificent like you.”

Looks: 6/10
Not a fan of how over dressed she looks all the time, also robot hands aren't really doing much for me. Her haircut is also pretty fucking dumb looking, if you try to imagine it irl. Her voice is super monotonous and puts me to sleep.

Personality: 1/0
She has none. I couldn't be arsed to care for a fucking downie

She's more of a blank slate than Inoha. Seemingly only exists to push the plot forward by ignoring every instruction those around her give, and being straight blunt over everything. Yea being direct is nice, but if that's all you ever you become predictable.

So this is the power of the writing skills of a prized Light Novel's writer?

Hey, at least he didn't put onomatopoeia here and there.

Why can't Baioretto-chan be good emotionless character with real development overtime like Ledo?

You just gave me the urge to post that.

How old was this chick supposed to be?

Glad I never witnessed the hype or care about the writers/producers and just watch an episode or two of whatever I casually see people mentioning. Its nicer to go into the show with low expectations and come out surprised. I wonder what soldiers would think about it.

marrying age

I'll let you estimate what's a proper marrying age

In Saudi Arabia, I think it's 7. Or 9, I don't remember.

>7 or 9

Well that's about how old she acts, so I guess that makes sense.