youtube.com/watch?v=oJHkHB4lm_U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

COCKONA

>Cockona

>Cocoona

What should I expect to find?

What went so wrong?
I wanted to like this but it fell so flat by the end.

s2 when

Yayaka spinoff when?

>t. pearlfish

Thoughts on the English dub?

youtube.com/watch?v=oJHkHB4lm_U

The Pure Illusion missions were visually imaginative, well written, and entertaining. The overarching wasn't very good however, and Cocona's mom was an abysmal villain.

Great production and execution can't compensate for mediocre writing, and Flip Flappers was at its worst when it was most coherent.

nothing

It was so good at the beginning and in the middle that if the ending wasn't God Tier it would feel insufficient and lacking, as it was

It's bad.

I still bought it and will watch the whole thing in English at least once.

The adventure stopped.
They could have went mad max or dune with the desert setting.
They could have went Tron or Zoids with the futuristic world.
They could have done some existential shit with the white world and changing the present.
By no means do i think the show is bad, but I think they just weren't using what they had.

Episode 12 having a team up and boss rush wasn't adventure?

I think that they could've just paced things better towards the end, I have no problem with the tone it took or anything though.

no, it wasnt an adventure because it was just recycling what it already had. I did like story, but it felt out of place and irrelevant and incomplete.

I don't get the irrelevant part because literally everything is about Cocona. Mimi's whole thing is reflecting Cocona's own development. So the focus never actually changes.

whops i meant to say incomplete. The story is perfectly relevant.

Nothing. It's perfect. Watch it again.

I legitimately want to die now.
>Brittney Karbowski
Why why why?
I hate your....GRIFFITH!!!!!!

No kiss.

>Cuckona

Director change.

Cockona

I thought it was an acceptable post-evangelion biter ending

Cocona's good name is being sullied by this discount clone.

Which flap would you flip?

Just wait a few years for the movie explaining the ending like Evangelion

Best girl who no one cares about but me.

>Papikass

I really felt that writer change.

WHO DID PAPIKA CASTING
WHAT

> "We all flap down here."

This is now one of my most favourite images, thank you anonanon.

This truly will be remembered as THE Papika face.

>tfw I never noticed that
>tfw it was probably intentional

Papika isn't cute enough, but I think it suits the tomboy side of her character fairly well.

Don't forget the tongueposting legacy. Basically any show that aired after it and revolves around a group of girls has had tongue edits.

Serendipity is a god tier OP.

>What went so wrong?
Absolutely nothing.
It's been years, and no one in the world has been able to point out anything wrong with it other than "I hate plots in my animus, I only want to see cute girls doing cute things".
If anything, the only objective flaw was that the plot started too late, when it actually deserved more time.

The plot was always there since episode 1. What they could have done better is showing us more and more about Coconas dream and thus making the audience more interested in this mystery.

Also I agree that most criticism about the later episodes are stupid, the production wasn't as stellar as before as well. Yayaka vs plant-loli still looked amazing, but the fight against Mimis skull-tentacles was basically just key animations. There are a lot of smaller things, like the awkward fall from Salts bike.

>no true scotsman
So sad to see this type of discussion on Sup Forums. Good thing I can have actual discussion on the flaws of flifla with my friends. People don't hate the concept of plot. They hate the plot of flifla. It's that fucking simple.

>no true scotsman
Please learn the meaning of words before using them: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

> People don't hate the concept of plot.
>Code Geass R1 => 20% plot => everyone likes it
>Code Geass R2 => 100% plot => everyone either hates it or likes it just for the lulz
>Utena => 10% plot => everyone loves it
>Mawaru Penguindrum => 100% plot => people like it but not as much as Utena
>SAO Aincrad => 5% plot => everyone hates it, but not as much as Alfheim
>SAO Alfheim => 60% plot => everyone loathes it much more than Aincrad
>Kill la Kill 1st half => 10% plot => everyone likes it
>Kill la Kill 2nd half => 90% plot => lots of people start disliking it
No, they totally don't hate the concept of plot, sure thing

There are some valid points that you can criticise the plot of FliFla for, but most things you will hear in these threads is that it's there, that it's stupid and basically not "comfy".

>and no one
>only want
Now feel free to argue with yourself some more.

What is going to be our future?

Is this what dykes see when they munch rags?

I wanted to rewatch this, but then I remember that it's literally a little girl ending up with the woman who carried role of midwife and babysitter for her. Some things are just too creepy, you know.

That's hot, picked up.

Dumb normalfag.

Nothing, it was 2deep4u

Tell me again which part of my post is wrong, sicko.