Dr. Stone 044 A Hundred Nights & A Thousand Skies

How many non related humans would you need for your kids to not be interbred retards thousands of years later? 6 doesn't seem like enough.

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/dn1936-magic-number-for-space-pioneers-calculated/
worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/questions/3/what-is-the-minimum-human-population-necessary-for-a-sustainable-colony
newscientist.com/article/dn1936-magic-number-for-space-pioneers-calculated/#.VBiC_XtDLwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how the fuck are they not related by blood? why do they even have the same hair with a black tip?

No amount of backtracking is going to make that village any less inbred anyway, so it's a weird change.

Did they made this so Senku can bang Kohaku? Although the village itself point to a very small gene poll.

>not related by blood

well then

>Not blood related
Well, fuck, go wild senku.

>senku paints his hair to look like his foster dad

cute

>they ended in a island
Well, that explains why they didn't do anything to keep the tech, they literally couldn't.

It would have faded already if he did that baka

With only 6 people the gene pool must be all kind of fucked up.

Not really. They coud have just left the island, they had a boat and they were near Japan. At some point some of their descendants must have left, so it's clearly possible.
They just gave up. This is pretty contrived.

Probably not by now. They’ve likely bred with previous people who came out of Petrification.

Or in 3000 years the landmass changed.

I don't think 3000 years is enough for something like that to happen.

i mean the villagers could be reproducing with people that slowly broke out, so its not 100 percent inbred. theres bound to be other people out and about

no because the power of love keeps it from fading, you super baka

>Byakuya was rising his wife's son
Okay, way to make cool character a cuck.

So, if there's only one Japanese person in this group of six, it's safe to assume that he's the only one that speaks Japanese is Byakuya, and the group speaks English with each other since it's the language they all share.
Why then, is Japanese the language that was passed down to their descendants? Let's not even dwell on why they didn't pass down any form of writing.

He was just unmarried and adopted Senku.

How much amount of inbreed and miracle to keep this type of gene pool clean? I call bullshit.

More than that, I can think of multiple reasons as of to why the technology was lost, but shouldn't have a lot more prople there? After 3000 years, even with wild animals roaming around, with their basic technology and fire humanity shouldn't have declined like that.
Unless multiple Petrifications happened throught the years.

Not to mention that after 3000 years, there is no way that they would speak anything that remotely sounds like modern Japanese.
Maybe if they had writing, but since they don't, after a few centuries they'd be speaking a completely new language.

Wasn't stated that the village don't accept outsiders, hence the two guards ans Senku interactions?

Yeah, the minimum viable population for repopulating the Earth is 160, possibly 80 depending on the circumstances.

>newscientist.com/article/dn1936-magic-number-for-space-pioneers-calculated/

worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/questions/3/what-is-the-minimum-human-population-necessary-for-a-sustainable-colony
newscientist.com/article/dn1936-magic-number-for-space-pioneers-calculated/#.VBiC_XtDLwo

tldr

160 to be safe
could be reduced to 80
for 10 generations

Yeah, for a Manga so grounded in reality and science, this is kind of hard to swallow.

I would wager you could do it with 6, if those 6 had enough children to make the next generation say, 7 breeding pairs or 14. The chances of inbreeding would be high for the first few gens but would likely taper off after that. Especially with rigidly controlled breeding.

>cuck
Go back.

Who wants to repopulate the Earth. This planet would be so much better if there were only 1 million people or even 100.000

You know, forget the lack of any sort of scientific advancement after centuries, why have they not done any farming? Even basic gardens?

>"I think, therefore I'm fine"

Well that mystery didn't last long.

>Not blood related
Way to fuck over their relationship.

There is some serious Lamarkian implications going on that I'm not comfortable with.

>not related by blood
BULLET

DOOOOOODGED

Welp. Looks like the issue of inbreeding is solved

>we may not be related by blood

wat. Nooo, now chrome isn't his descendent.

>They are not related to each other
I thought it was cool for an actual dad to support his son but I guess we can't do that since we need to give a good reason for Senku to fuck Kohaku. Fucking hell.

Chrome wasn't his descendant anyway even if Senku was related to Byakuya by blood.

Stone. Barney Stone.

I was liking this manga, but I simply can't suspend my disbelief and accept all of this shit.
The over 3000 years timeskip was a massive mistake if this is the direction the story was heading. And now they also have to say the MC and his dad are not blood related( what the fuck is this, Eromanga Sensei?) so they can they justify an eventual relationship between Senku and someone from the village.
There was an interesting setting and now it's ruined

It's called adoption
But yeah inbreeding would be a major issue. There would have to be people who were unstoned to keep the genetics fresh

That's even more cucked

I bet the editor is a woman

How?

What in the fuck are you talking about

Incest RUINED! Boichi u fuckin' HACK!

Maybe they adopted him

Everybody in the village is commiting incest with each other anyway.

Yeah, I'd repopulate the shit ouf of the earth with that guy.

Ass.

Well, it had to have started with like one, right?
Or did like multiple hundred apes have the same mutation at the same time and then started fucking?

Don't be a fool, Senkuu obviously speaks all languages.

>Raising someone that is not your biological son
>not cucked
Pick one

>Way to fuck over their relationship.
How?

You keep making this joke and I don't tire of it

Man, I don't even care if Taiju comes back or not.

Why do you retards think fucking your ~100th niece would even be a problem? In the part that changes between humans there would only be a 1 in 50^100 overlap assuming no inbreeding. Since there pro ably was some going on take that down to 1 in 50^20 and it's still such a tiny fucking amount

So only 2 pairs were born while two others died without leaving descendants?
Shame, the pottery guy looked kinda like old guy from station

>Why do you retards think fucking your ~100th niece would even be a problem?
We don't care but the publishers did obviously.

Taiju is a shitty MC, but we need to see what Tsukasa does in that time. Senku just needs to make a fucking gun and then it's game over for that edgy primitive faggot.

No?
Clearly the old man made the blondie pregnant like 3 times before everyone else even got started.
What a badass.

Guess his sperm were strong swimmers

where the fuck are they gonna get domesticated crop seeds from?

adoption isn't the same as raising your wife's son

They had 3 thousand years to make some!

I'll be honest, when I first read this page, I half-expected this thread to be nothing but c-uck insults. Glad Sup Forums is better than that.

nah, that's the old meme, the new meme is soyboy, so if we see them cultivate agriculture starting with soy or something shit'll get bad.

It is a Hanna Barbera reference no one gets.

Johnny Bravo is hanna barbera?

A lot of the services you take for granted are due to the vast numbers of people alive.

Yes, for a while. It's over now.

Couldn't they just have busted themselves into a sperm bank or some shit? They're fucking astronauts and cosmonauts. That must have been the first thing they thought of ffs.

There's no sperm bank in the deserted island where they landed. Because it's DESERTED.

>Let's travel around the world like Magellan
It's little bit harder than you think.

What was the asspull about the neck stone again?

Dammit Hata.

How can you say you love someone if you won't make a statue of their poop?

They're are in Japan though or at least will get there, the fucking village is located there afterall. Japan must have some sperm banks. And this was probably way before everything started to crumble. The only real issue to this theory is the fact that power might have ran out before they got to one and the sperm became worthless.

They made it to japan, but it must have taken them years. By then there'd be no usable sperm since all sources of power for refrigeration would have died out.

That's talking about conservation of resources. Note how the article itself says that the risk of inbreeding with 160 people is actually less than some viable isolated communities on Earth.

Damn it this manga is good.