Netflix:"we will try to change anime industry"

businessinsider.jp/post-160917

>implying i can speak moon runes

Based netflix

Be prepared for the token black characters.

Netflix fearmongering threads. My favourite.

>We are going to remove everything that made people like anime.
Dark times ahead, Americans are poison, they spread their cancerous 'preference' to other superior cultures.

Based.

this

For the worse. Netflix doesn't care about animation.

And they will fail, but that won't stop 500 replies and 12 images of people bitching

>Implying selectively backed projects will drastically change anime industry.
Although if Netflix will try to NTR Kadokawa i would be laughing my ass off.

I don't think I like this, even if it's true that netflix isn't medelling around in the creation progress, shows produced for netflex are still fairly similar in how they try to tell their stories, meaning the pacing etc..
Also western culture and the obsession with political correctness should be contained in hollywood, no need to ruin anime too, I hope they burn their fingers with this and leave anime alone once and for all.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE LEGACY CAPTCHA

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

This.

Gentlemen, how do we kill netflix?

>no more Isekai
Sounds good to me

They won't in the short term, but in long term they could change anime completely. In short-term the nuisance is garbage subs and trash no simulcast, which is already bad enough for me.

Netflix is hardcore regressive nowadays.
Will the samurai beat the jew?

>Instead we get more anime with token black characters and transexual people talking about politics

The absolute state of americans.

As long as they don't stop depicting the best characters as blonde haired and blue eyed gaijins and try to put an end to the "white washing" of japanese culture by japanese artists or get rid of the fanservice or put a stop to loli-service then everything will be fine.

Nobody can beat money.

That's a pretty good article. Someone need to make a translation to calm down the eops in this thread. Based netflix.

>"white washing"

But there are no blacks in japan, and the okinawans "brown" japanese already get recognized in some of their anime.

>this series doesn't have enough diversity to be published on our platform, change it.

I hope that means no more lolishit for pedos

Based Netflix

Idk seven deadly sins was a fun watch. I even liked knights of Sidonia sans the cell shading. They make better stuff then some studios.

I want netflix shills in this thread to kill themselves.
Trash like you destroying things that are precious to other people deserve worse than death.

Why can't Netflix just keep pumping their trash series and NOT touch anime?

Netflix only does funding, user.

Bless Netflix

Expect this

They don't make anything you fag. Why are there so many uninformed viewers?

>In 10 years this will be unironically animated

No they don't. They buy the broadcast rights.

They have noticed that anime make a lot of money and they love money so here we are

Sad because there will be no more moeshit and pedoshit?

The same way we should kill all the giants, anti-trust. laws against oligopolies, limits to market-share obtained and limit to revenue, total assets and market capitalization of parent companies
This for the US
As for Japan, implement Chinese-like protectionist measures, protecting local companies against foreign meddling while simultaneously locking down their investments
You know, basic regulation that make the free market flourish instead of turning the planet into a cyberpunk hellhole

I think Japan wants anime being consumed legally outside Japan, and being considered more mainstream. They are right about this. Since the domestic target became too much like a niche, the artists want to expand to other markets.

Based netflix

>Shonen-only fag everywhere
What happened to Sup Forums ?

>no more IMAGINE
>no more pure girls
>no more slice of life
>politics injected everywhere
>DEM EVIL GOOBERGOTERS AMIRITE xDDD jokes

unrelated but anyone know what phone that is ?

Spics and dragon ball.

The current state of Sup Forums, fujoshis and gentlemen

Wow you are so ignorant. It was made by Japanese, not by Netflix.

This is very worrying. Moreso on the political side, anime does not force some sort of leftist or rightist agenda and it's refreshing. I will fucking riot if they decide to insert some political leftist propoganda. They've corrupted comics, movies and now they're even touching manga

Oh, I didn't know that. Do they buy broadcasting rights in Japan as well?

So what are we gonna watch after corporations and copyrights destroy anime like they did with western comics and animation? Are we gonna switch to gook shit and literal Chinese cartoons?

American anime is real.

Use audio

>we will try to attract more normalfags

This is why becoming mainstream will kill anime.
It will suffer the same fate as videogames, comics and movies.

neo-Sup Forums changed to nu-Sup Forums. And as always Sup Forums is to blame for ironic weebs.

Nothing. We've always been here. Most people who like anime want stuff that is about more than cute girls.

>「ネットフリックスは基本的に、配信以外の権利を求めない。すさまじく合理的なやり方だ」
Read the fucking article, faggots.

Devil man crybaby was better than anything this season so I see no problem with this.

I legit so paranoid about this. Nothing survived American invasion, everything will be for normalfag cancer.

What is this Sup Forums thing? I only browse Sup Forums and sometimes /vg/

We are aware little girls and bouncing breasts are unsettling to some demographics.
To fix that we will be reducing breast sizes by 90% and removing bouncing effects, also japanese culture will be normalized into a more multicultural one to avoid confusion.
These measures will continue until the situation improves.

WAKE ME UP

Based Netflix cleaning anime from lolishit

Let's be optimistic that this will be the case.

This is an example of retard. Even if these anime are labeled "Netflix original", they are made by Japanese studios, and based on Japanese stories. Probably in some cases Americans could write the stories, and I won't be interested in that kind of stuff.

>people unironically mad that Netflix is gonna make anime great again

Reminder that SAO is getting a live action movie by netflix

Reminder that kirito is going to be black and asuna a leftist woman who feel oppressed by the current politics.

Anime is going to die as videogame started to die with bitcoin miners, you guys better find another hobby

>If you're not a pedo, you must be a shonen fag
The absolute state of lolishitters

Is this the shitposting thread?

>you guys better find another hobby
Hell no I already can't appreciate videogame they will not take me anime

That's just how they claim things are "original" series in general.

>日本のアニメ業界にもたらす「ポジティブな変化」
Well, that's literally what the japs are saying.

Yes, what could possibly go wrong, it's not like the overseas bubble burst already 10 years ago, keep inflating the same bubble again

Why? Why do these normalfag fuckers ruin everything I like? Anime was the last bastion, I have been driven from comic books, from movies. I don't want them to force me out of anime too

>That's right, I'm a girl AND an OTAKU, stop harassing me you freaks >.

The article might say that Netflix currently gives creative freedom to the studios.
But Netflix is a corporation, and eventually their execs will need to keep increasing the profit margins, and it's possible that when that happens they will ask for anime that "can be appreciated by a wider audience". And that happens making everything more generic and washing away all peculiarities of anime that might offend some people but were the whole fun for others.
And, again, Netflix being a corporation, there's nothing saying they won't be bought by Disney a few years from now.

Do you fags like anime? If so, why do you want so much that Netflix meddles with it? If you don't like anime, then fuck off from this board.
"Hurrrrrr anime used to be better". Well if you only like old anime, tough shit buddy. They are NOT coming back, and whatever abortion comes out of Netflix trash anime, it's NOT going to be like the shit from the 80s you love so much.

Are Americans even capable of keeping to themselves or do they have some mental illness that compels them to seek out things to ruin?

They are so obsessed with spreading their cancerous culture. Bad influence for others.

I for one welcome our new Netflix overlords.

Probably not, they're like a virus, it's not even self aware it just spreads, consumes and destroys everything it finds

Nothing is really changing. News are still the same as always.
Netflix just mostly acquires streaming rights because Disney is leaving and making their own streaming service with blackjack and hookers.

As for the anime that Netflix actually intends to produce instead of only distribute, those will be normal action scifi drama anime.

Fans of shows about cute boring girls doing cute boring everyday stuff in mostly mundane settings won't be affected, because the anime studios that specialize in that kind of stuff like Gokumi and Silver Link aren't even considered for any kinds of partnership.

>Do you fags like anime? If so, why do you want so much that Netflix meddles with it? If you don't like anime, then fuck off from this board.
you could not be more right if you tried

Based netflix

>Again
>Retard who doesn't like anime comes to board about manga and anime.
Retard.

>or do they have some mental illness that compels them to seek out things to ruin
That's white people in general.

If this ever happens, this is the moment that anime dies.

Watch more anime you fucking retard.

jews arent people user

Nice false flag, faggot.

This won't do.
First we cut her hair, then we square her face for a more androgynous look, then we make her OP because the idea of her being weaker than her male servant is ridiculous, then we remove all sort of romance because strong women don't need men, also we scratch the entire plot of the grail war and make it about evil religion and oppressed women.

>they will ask for anime that "can be appreciated by a wider audience"
Netflix don't even need to ask that, actually.. Bones and Production I.G. CEOs recently said they will aim to create anime aimed at a worldwide audience through to their partnership with Netflix.

and they want to remove "cultural barrier" a.k.a the very reason why people like anime.

>make anime for a worldwide audience
>also tell them it was your idea

Except that between "MUH ACTION DRAMA" and "MUH CUTE GIRLS DOING CUTE THINGS", there's a lot of stuff about the most completely different themes, including "cute girls doing cute action drama".

I won't care if they make an anime about black or brown people. I will care when it has a political message by using them, if they are natural parts of the setting it's all good. I hate diversity shit being pushed into my face

based princess principal.

What was the thought process here?
Why take out an open flame?

Reddit BTFO

Based netflix

>What was the thought process here?
The lack of one.

You're not going to watch it anyway, because you won't have the time to watch it with all the 60 other shows that are being made each season.