Why is it that the anime industry seems to be adapting increasingly shitty isekai series as time goes on...

Why is it that the anime industry seems to be adapting increasingly shitty isekai series as time goes on? And here was I thinking they couldn't top Smartphone in terms of shittiness but here comes Death March in all its shitty glory.

You'd figure they'd try to go up instead of down, no?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mjezREyZI2U
youtube.com/watch?v=JBbnT-cIDVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>smartphone
>shit

Smartphone is next level, the fuck are you on.
Death March is shitty, but it's not pretentious or anything so it works as a filler if you have empty space in your eternal backlog.
You haven't heard of the shittiest ones, but they are coming, and they are absolutely lame.

>Smartphone and Death March
>shitty
Fuck off.

well i tried to find good isekai for a year now. And while i really like the basic plot, there are simply not many good stories. The only great one is 12 kingdoms, which how old? 10 years? 15 years?
The only isekai novels which i follow are release that witch and overlord. One comes from china with over 1000 chapters and the other one already has a show. The rest focuses too much on degenerates with they fanservice and harem shit.
so better give it up user. there are not many good stories, and the few stories out there will not be made into a watchable show.

Easy explanation is that they just sell. There's always a group of people out there that will eat up any isekai that's thrown their way.

It's one of the oldest and most popular series of the genre, therefore it gets an adaptation.

They don't always sell, but isekai has had a much better trend of success than battle harem academies, and those took years to die down in spite of failure after failure (we were even getting multiples in a single season at a point, with none of them succeeding).

>Why is it that the anime industry seems to be adapting increasingly shitty isekai series as time goes on?
Because they are popular.

arifureta soon

>that one guy who watches every Isekai
I have a steam friend like this, links me every goddamn Isekai series and tells me that I "have to watch it" even though I don't like his shit genre.

>tfw arifureta delayed till 2019

Ixion Saga was fun, but it was an isekai parody.

And here is irrefutable proof that neo-Sup Forums has absolute shit taste.

We need more urban fantasy musical cyberpunk isekai.

I think is inevitable, after all many of them are probably new to anime and of course they are going to love their first anime, they dont know any better.

Can it instead be delayed forever? There is literally noting redeeming about that trash fire.

>tfw you want MT adaptation
>and it will probably come since LN is in on the road to final
I fear the day when I have to see lowbudget adventures that skip over everything

Fuck off to your NTRkxxx threads.
Isekai is here to stay and hasn't even peaked yet
REMONSTER ANIME ANNOUNCEMENT SOON

Because they ran out of the less shitty Isekai to adapt and nobody wants to make anime original fantasy anime anymore.

But if they always sell, why not adapt GOOD isekai instead of BAD isekai?

Even if you go merely by sales numbers there are tons of isekai that outsell stuff like Desumachi and Arifureta that don't have adaptions.

MT is way too long for it to not be utterly raped and left bleeding in a dark alleyway by an anime adaption.

What the hell could you fit into 12 episodes without completely murdering the pacing?

They adapt the isekai that'll get the most sales. Which to you might be a terrible isekai.

The main point of anime adaptations is to advertise and thus make people aware that this isekai light novel exists and that they should read it.
The good ones don't really need one, since they're already selling. They will still be made, of course, because the synergy effects from being already quite popular means that new fans will find lots of already existing fanart, an established senior earlier fanbase generation to share their thoughts about it, wiki fansites with lots of content to read about the development in the manga, and have fandiscussion allowing each to share the experience.

i loved smartphone
i like the themes in deathmarch, mc is going out of his way to level up his npc buddies and not take all the xp, there's a comical blend of vidyagame and real world.

plus i've always had a boner for spellcasting where they cast spells with incredibly fast words

>well i tried to find good isekai for a year now

Try Isekai: Westaboo Edition.

MT is shit, stop spreading around. Arifureta is much better you dumbfuck.

I liked both MT and Arifureta

I REMEMBER

I liked the manga... but dear god, can we give male characters real voices? Not this bullshit where they're trying to sound like a fucking girl.

Also the popups are a neat way of doing things but at the same time, I have never been more in tune with my inner cringe.

I dont even need to shit on you. Others will when ari adaptation comes out.

I liked smartphone and deathmarch is fun.

Looking forward for a army of lolis

Here's hoping it gets shitcanned.

Oh don't worry about arifureta anime adaptation being shit, because it's whitefox, they are good at isekai genres.

Wow... like, everything that they animated that I watched, I liked. Honestly impressive.

This.
>tfw hating some anime that I first watched after rewatching it

Because retards like you keep watching them. You should have been able to tell it was garbage since the trailer.

OH GOD THE CG, its berserk all over again my eyes aren't prepared

HOLY SHIT What the fuck

HOLY TESTICLES OF FIRE!

There are no NPCs in Death March.

My biggest gripe is that the MC is often a high school boy with the voice of a chick. Give me an older character. Even just early 20s with a normal fucking voice.

Most if not all isekai are made for teenage boys to self-insert into. You're getting whingy girl-voiced boys.

das rite m8
The ugly cg killed them all.

Why can't we get some otome isekai adaptions instead?

They want all the money, not some of it.

>adapting otome when isekai are majorly harem
It's like you don't want money, user.

>new gayme poster
yeah they do have shit taste for sure because you're here

Youjo Senki has a good story (though the anime adaptation is crappy)

Because they’re shit, a female mc will work but it needs to be a comfy series or go full powerlevel edge.

Which isekai have full powerlevel edge female mc?

Yuru Camp but isekai? I'll watch it.

Kumo desu ga nani ka?

fujoshis spend a lot of money and otome is just reverse harem

Zena is not part of the harem?

Fujoshi aren't interested in reverse harem.

Because it's fun and you're a faggot

This. The setting and the early story really get me hook in my childhood. Too bad it seems like it got rushed during the later point in the story but it's a good read nonetheless.

Don't read the Omega version of MAR though. That's only for die-hard fan who want continuation of the story but it's kinda bland compare to the original

She joins more permanently after the anime will be over.

No, nothing needs to be how you want it to be, no, you don't need to like things, no you're not the grand arbiter of what qualifies as good or bad.

Try Katahane no Riku, her only power is retard strength.

Poor girl.

That can describe all of them, they all want Satou and all Satou wants is a 100 million year old high elf.

>adapting increasingly shitty isekai series
It's because of the proliferation of shitty isekai which are making money in other media.

There are really a lot of the things now.

Just like how harems proliferated right after NGE.

Anyone looking forward to shieldbro anime?
youtu.be/mjezREyZI2U

why the fuck do japs want to insert in beta shit

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING MANLY SHIT.
youtube.com/watch?v=JBbnT-cIDVM
THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO SELF INSERT AS WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER.

Too much soy in their diet

Dropped it after they made a bone centipede transport.

AS LONG AS THEY WON'T SCREW IT UP.

Manly indeed.

I miss modular armor and its rage face.

I am extremely looking forward to it. I hope they follow the novels instead of the manga too.

>smartphone
>death march
>shit
Absolutely disgusting opinion. Please lurk before posting.

I wish the Skeleton Knight isekai got an anime

death march is miles better than smartphone ever was. youre both retarded

These two are actually shit. One is a special kind of shit, the other boring power-wank shit.

You want actual isekai? Shield Hero, Nectar of Dharami, Curse Blood, Escaflowne, Dunbine, Rayearth, El Hazard...

That's just the peak of the iceberg pleb.

New chapters when?

Vol 7 is fully translated now, vol 8 is gonna be the end of the WN, after that you're gonna have to buy the translators LN volumes if you want more. Speaking of isekai stuff we want a anime of I wanna see Isekai Mahou to get animated purely to see the shitposting the first two volumes will cause when animated.

The 1st chapter of volume 8 is up on the WN site

>he doesn't watch isekai drunk off his ass

This is truly the best way to watch isekai. Doesn't matter what series it is I always have a blast.

Pretty sure the anime will have differences from the manga and the LN.

Why would you need anything special to insert yourself in?
Isn't it a basic skill to imagine "What would I do in that situation"? Why has there to be a balnd protagonist to insert in?

At least isekai anime are flopping. There hasn't been a success like Re Zero in two years.

Why do you do this to yourself

Yep. Adaptations don't mean that everything will be translated perfectly. There will be differences in scenes and other details.

>he doesn't read isekai and analyze the writing to better his analytical skills
Isekai is the perfect format for beginning authors, the quality is easily observable through isekai's basic structure.

The thing im afraid of is how many episodes or cours will the adaptation last for. 12 episodes for 4 volumes will be a pacing disaster.

You are both uncultured, uneducated proles.

Let me enlighten you. Even ancient romans, more than 2000 years ago, had the knowledge that they put into a maxim: de gustibus non est disputandum.

I doubdt proletarian, slave level garbage like you has any knowledge of ancient languages of the patricians, so either google it, or trust my somewhat literal translation - matters of taste are not up for discussion.

Instead of engaging in a fool's errand and acting like typical proles, exchanging spiteful remarks, simply bring up superior works and remark how poorly the ones you dislike compare.

They already fucked this up. How bad can it get. Did anyone see the slide show they put in for content?

I can feel your angst here.

They are doing the same with the Houshin Engi remake.

Literally they try to compress a shitload of manga volumes into 26 episodes. And people see this. It's a crime against fun and plot.

Because it's the in thing right now and the Japanese economy is basically forced to do 'What Sells' to make anything resembling a profit.
It's why you see those pictures of Japanese business workers basically die from exhaustion on trains

>i can feel your angsy here
CRAWLING IN MY SHIELD

THAT is how Moroha-nee from Smartphone is supposed to look?

...I'm converting now.

I too would feel angst if they took my favorite title and stair it in a way that would make me question a lot of things.

Only time will tell.

no wonder you dont understnad the appeal. your picture doesnt even include the best character of the show. pochi is life, user.

If I were the Death March MC, my testicles would also be on fire.

Since that's out of the way now... Wanna discuss some shieldbros? Anyone?

Serious question here.
What's the point in all this when you're cheating?
What's the point in looking COOL and self-righteous, what's the point of all the pompous titles and stats when you're a cheater?
What kind of sad, pathetic human being self inserts into these characters?

Yeah. Last chapter of the manga is pretty downy in terms of emotional elements.

Seriously, I know that Scythe Dude and his Ruby-Forehead Waifu want to save their world, but in all honesty he ain't pleased at all that he had to turn on Naofumi.

Is it the destiny of the Shield Hero to suffer? To be like this citadel in the middle of a raging shitstorm of rage, angst and sudden turns?

Smartphone: I kept watching it, hoping for it to turn into anything but what it was all along. My god, this truly is what plain vanilla cookie cutter milk toast garbage is.

Someone who wants a quick buck and there are a lot of ball-less people who are willing to pay for this.

> Is it the destiny of the Shield Hero to suffer?
No pain no fortune boi