ITT: We recommend an anime to our parents

ITT: We recommend an anime to our parents

Pic related

timeskip never happened

Boku no Keit-ai

unironically attack on titan

Why isn't there a hockey anime for me to recommend to my dad?

Pretty sure theres hockey manga at least but I doubt you can get a dad to read manga

He said anime not manga. Usagi Drop anime is heartwarming comfy shit.

Erased, can't think about any other anime that wouldn't be cringe.

Usagi drop is a good choice (so long as they never think to look for more info on it outside the series, then the recommendation brings on a whole new meaning.)

Similar to usagi drop i'd say wolf children.

Himegoto

GTO
Bebop
...Ghibli films...

I've thought about this too, but they'd probably rather watch the series that was released recently.

Mahoutsukai no Yome could work if they like ye olde britania folk lore stuff

Black Lagoon for action movie buffs, maybe. Still a bit of weeb cringe in it.

Hidamari Sketch for mother. Pani Poni Dash for faggot dad.

Mushishi?
Older people(>50s) likes SOL and straightforward storytelling. They like action scenes too but just not too complicated.

sifi dad, maybe:
Irresponsible captain Tyler
Captain Hurlock
LoGH

Mecha is iffy

Boku no pico

Now,recommend the manga

I haven't read it because I heard it would ruin the anime experience, seems like you just confirmed that once again

Well, my mother loves Valkyrie Drive.

easy, my dad likes capeshit and comedy.

My mom has been on this binge about books featuring disabled characters.

Kodomo Jikan

First season of rakugo, it's pretty soap opera with its characters. I can totally see my dad getting emotional over Sukeroku.

Probably Kaiji, because my parents always had an aversion towards anything with cutesy anime eyes. Also because they're poorfags.

No kidding, recc'd HxH to my dad a few weeks ago.

what a good idea

I've actually tried to get my mother to read Yotsuba, but she doesn't like comics.

Azumanga daioh or Ika Musume
they probably won't like it but they won't hate it either

Pic related
Alternatively Your name.

>tfw my dad helped get me into anime
>used to watch GiTS together
>I will do the same for my children (assuming I don't instead attain wizard status)
get on my level faggots

>brags about weeb dad

nice one user you were doomed from birth

fuck bro i'd watch the shit out of it. i wounder how they'd lewd it, though.

Show her the anime then.

so, it's infectious AND hereditary

Why? What happens in the manga?

>made my parents watch kimi no na wa wit h me
>they thought it was too confusing and I had to explain that mitsuha is 3 years older than Taki and other stupid shit at least 10 times

I second the GTO.
Also anything with a big titty main/secondary character appeared to work on my dad.

To be fair, your name. is riddled with unexplained twists and plot holes.

I bought this to my dad.

Also got my mom to watch it but I don't think she liked it. She just complained about japanese people being overly dramatic.

mushishi

The first time I watched death note was with my mom. She didn't love it but tought it was ok

easy. parents like mystery shows and it has a dub

I tried that, she likes detective stuff but the supernatural stuff put her off.

might try this one.

fine...

Daikichi and Kouki's mum don't get together but they both wish they did. It is never explained why that happened.

Rin and Kouki grow apart.

fucks sake... Rin tells Daikichi she loves him as a man rather than a father figure. Daikichi gives in and accepts it as she is exhausted as he doesn't know what else to do.

And the story around this shit is also written really fucking bad.

I figured with having baseball, Japan would have hockey too even just in Hokkaido or something but apparently not. Was out for wings with a friend and he brought his Japanese student buddy because he had never had a chicken wing before. Hockey game was on and he was confused because he had never seen a sport like that. Being Canadian, that's an odd concept to consider.

I was thinking Violet Evergarden would be one I could recommend to my mother. Still unsure at this point but I'll wait and see how it plays out.

I really want my dad to watch this but I know it's too long for him to commit to